• Published 10th Feb 2018
  • 1,173 Views, 12 Comments

From helpless to worthy - Gamerbrony189



Tempests sentence is being princess twilights personal guard

  • ...
10
 12
 1,173

Becoming worthy

I’ve been waiting in my prison cell for my sentence so nervous that I can’t even get a wink of sleep I keep having nightmares about the ponies that betrayed me when my horn broke and the ones that I enslaved. I keep remembering how I fell from the balcony of the castle but in my nightmares instead of Twilight saving me I got shattered on the ground. What it felt like being hit with a zorb ball. The cold feeling I got when turned to stone and when I got betrayed by the Storm king and how I betrayed him after that —

My thoughts were cut off by the voice of a stallion he was part of the Royal Guard he said: “Tempest Shadow the Princesses are waiting in the throne room to give you your sentence.”

I didn’t look him in the eye I kept staring at the ground as he opened the cell door and I walked behind him through the hallway until he stopped at a giant door to the throne room. I watched as the door opened and saw two of the princesses sitting on their thrones the guard stepped inside and bowed I did the same. And sat as I heard a voice say “ you are dismissed. “ The guard bowed and left the room leaving me and the two princesses alone one of them was tall with off white fur and a rainbow-colored main that floated in the air her name was Celestia and the other princess was of average height she had lavender fur and a dark blue mane with purple and pink colored strokes in it.

The lavender Alicorn gave me a warm smile that melted into my heart even though I know I don’t deserve it. The silence was broken by the voice of the youngest Alicorn. “Tempest Shadow you helped enslaved all of Ponyville, Canterlot and half of Equestria. You chased me and my friends all throughout and outside of Equestria. But when the time came you betrayed the Storm King and leaped in front of me and my friends and protected us from the zorb ball even though you knew that such an act risked your life! Yet you still did it and with that your sentence is being my personal guard. In doing so you shall remain near me while learning friendship and how to care for your fellow pony once more.”

I stood there speechless and in shock still processing what just happened until my thoughts were cut off by Princess Celestia. “You will accompany Twilight on every business trip in and out of Equestria and shall protect both Twilight and the rest of the elements if and when it is necessary do you truly understand your role? You’ll be trusted to not betray once more. If you do break this trust I shall have no choice but to carry out the normal penalty for those who attempt to murder royalty execution by banishment to the sun. I only do this because you saved me and my family from the fate I once bestowed on my own enemies. After experiencing such pain myself I realize I have much to apologize for.”

The only thing I could mutter was “ Yes princess “.

Princess Celestia looked at me with a kind smile and said. “Good. though by the way you fought I think you will make a great guard. So please don’t prove me wrong.”

I sat there still as I have ever been speechless and processing what had just happened. I looked at the ground as Princess Celestia left the room and as Princess Twilight stood from her throne.

She approached me and said “You better get some rest we’re leaving after dinner to go to Ponyville. If you’ll follow me I’ll show you to your room.” I stood up and followed the princess until she stopped and said “If you need anything I’m staying in the room beside yours. Don’t be afraid to ask me anything if you need to. “ she pointed to the door of her room and walked in. I did the same and slumped on the bed still confused about what happened but I couldn’t think anymore as sleep claimed me and I didn’t try to stop it.

Four hours later............

I woke up and did my normal evening routine (well it was normal for me) when I looked out my window I saw it was way too late and that the moon wasn’t even down yet so I went to bed again and closed my eyes and went to sleep again and when I woke up this time it was because of the smell of hayburgers so I got up and walked to the mirror and picked up a brush and brushed my mane and when I finished I brushed my fur a little and left the room as I was closing the door behind me I saw a purple Alicorn in front of me and heard her say “ Good evening Tempest”

I bowed.and said “ good evening Princess Twilight “.


She blushed a little and said “Oh please you don’t have to act formal towards me. We’re friends just call me Twilight “she said in a kind and soft voice. I remembered what had happened the day before and snapped back to reality as I heard hoofsteps and I followed the princess towards the dining room, after a 5 course Dinner the purple Alicorn said “ Tempest if you have any stuff pack them up because we’re leaving in an hour.” I returned to the room and sat on the bed trying to collect my thoughts and accidentally fell asleep.

An hour later...........

I heard a knock on the door and a mare’s voice talking I think I heard her say “ Tempest are you in there I’m ready to leave meet me at the front gate I’ll wait for you there”.

I got up from my bed as soon as I could and woke up from my nap as I checked myself in the mirror and bolted out of the room only to see a lavender Alicorn walking towards the front gate I followed behind but she didn’t realize that I was there until she stopped the only thing I could say was “ Am I late for something”.

“ No actually you’re just on time.” She said as the guards opened the gate and she galloped out as I followed silently without questions. I watched as the princess went inside the crystal chariot but I paused in front of the chariot’s door as the guards looked at me with suspicion and caution and hate I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the princess talking to me. “Are you coming Tempest?”

I walked into the chariot without a word and sat far away from the princess knowing she probably doesn’t want me to sit near her I looked at the window as we lifted of the ground and up into the sky I kept staring out of the window trying not to make eye contact.

45 minutes later.......

“Are you okay Tempest you haven’t said anything since we left Canterlot” she said.

She looked at me with a worried look and then I said “I’m fine don’t worry it nothing I was just thinking about something” I said without making eye contact and looking at the ground

“Fine if you say so” she said with a worried look, our trip stayed silent as we arrived and left the chariot. The guards took to the air once more as I looked at the ruined village. I looked to the princess only to see tears filling her eyes and going down her cheeks as she walked to her castle. The only thing that lived through the invasion. I walked behind her in silence until she reached the front gate and opened it.

Inside were ponies they all had marks from the chains and were sitting on top of sleeping bags they all looked at me with fear. All the young ones were asleep and most of the adult ponies too. The princess went upstairs and I followed staying silent. I could only imagine what it feels like to see your home to ruins and half of your house destroyed and the pony who destroyed everything is right behind you. Staying in your house and all Ponyville’s citizens are staying there too. Tears streaming down her face seeing nothing left of her room. All her favorite pillows destroyed their feathers on the floor and her bed in half but she didn’t seem to care she walked towards some broken pieces of a mirror and a piece of wood on the floor she sat there on the floor looking at it sobbing quietly trying not wake anypony up and said in a sad tone “Why this, it didn’t mean anything to them but everything to me.” opening every drawer hoping to find something the only thing that was still in one piece was a piece of paper she lifted it with her magic a purple glow surrounded the paper as she flipped it over it was a photo of her and her friends together as Ponyville was in the background but in that photo she wasn’t an Alicorn.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door disturbing the silence she didn’t move a muscle I looked towards the door only to see a baby dragon and a unicorn mare at the door they looked at me with hate I walked to the side as they walked in to comfort the lavender Alicorn as the baby dragon came to me and said “Don’t you dare do anything to her. In fact GET OUT!” I nodded and left the room and stood at the door, while the periwinkle unicorn nuzzled the lavender Alicorn for comfort and hugged her when the Alicorn fell into her embrace and the Alicorn broke down sobbing as tears fell out of her eyes. Still trying to be silent to not wake anypony up the periwinkle unicorn pet her back and the baby dragon walked up to the Alicorn and whispered something in her ear. She nodded and wiped away the tears on her face and got up she used a spell to fix her mirror. When she finished she looked tired but she managed to walk. She stuck the photo on the mirror and smiled soon everypony left the room I stood ready to head down the hall.

But was stopped by the Alicorn’s voice she said “Please don’t tell anypony what you saw today.”

Walking back inside the princess’ room I said “Why would I princ— er Twilight? You just took me in when I am unloved by others. You rescued me from being killed and instead of sentencing me to jail or exile where I am meant to be you took my hoof and told me I was your friend. I am here in your castle inside your room I wouldn’t wish to tell anypony anything.”

She frowned a bit then said “Thank you, you can’t begin to understand how happy I am to hear you say that. But you aren’t meant to be in jail or exile nopony is ever meant to be there.” she looked at me with a warm and loving smile

“I am after what I did. The crimes I committed were all for a selfish cause.” I said looking at the ground as tears escaped my eyes Twilight nuzzled me knowing that I have been unloved and unwanted for all my life she hugged me as I said “I promise to be you that I will restore this town to what it once was and maybe even better! You’ll see tomorrow I will prove myself worthy of the title you gave me.”

She hugged me even tighter and said “You are already worthy of your title but I would love to see this towns beauty again.” she said as she broke the hug and wiped the tears out of my eye and told me “You’ll be staying in the same room as me if it’s alright with you? It has two beds and is right beside this one. At least until my room is fixed and a room is prepared for you.”

I looked at her confused and said “Wait I’ll be staying in the castle?!”

“Yes, of course, you’re my personal guard aren’t you? Now come on it’s late, we can talk about it tomorrow let’s go to bed for now.” I nodded and followed her to the room and let sleep claim me once more.

7 hours later........

I woke up but the princess was still asleep so I didn’t bother her or wake her up. I reached for the curtains and saw the sun rising I closed the curtains and headed to front gate and walked outside. There was a little wind and it was a little chilly but I could manage. I started by making two piles one of the things that still can be used and one of the things that can’t be used at all it took me about 45 minutes but it was totally worth it then I started to clean the streets of any leftovers and garbage then anything that was on top of the houses was removed by then most of the ponies including Twilight had woken up and eaten breakfast and started heading out.

Now gazing on the town and then the princess came in front of me and said “Where were you?! I thought you ran away.” She hugged me and then continued “Did you clean all this up?”

“Yes I thought that before we fix anything we need to clean up the area and I made two piles one of the things we can still use and one is just garbage and debris”.

She broke the hug and said “That’s perfect thanks Tempest! Did you eat anything before you got started?”

I chuckled and looked at the ground and said “nope”.

She looked at me with concern and said “Then you must be hungry! Let’s head back to the castle and eat!” and grabbed my hoof and started to drag me like a filly to the castle

As I said “But I have to fini—” I was cut off by the princess.

“No buts until after breakfast it’s the most important meal of the day”

I huffed and said “okay but after breakfast, I’m going to work till evening no breaks and I can walk on my own”

letting go of my hoof and said “Right sorry I was just excited, come on”

After breakfast.......

“Those waffles were delicious who made them,” I said rubbing my stomach

The baby dragon took the plates and forks and syrup and went to the kitchen saying “They weren’t meant for you i only gave you some because twilight made me if it was up to me you’d strave you deserve it after what you’ve done. Monster.”

“SPIKE!” The princess said angrily “You should know better. Tempest is just another pony she’s not nearly as bad as Discord was.”

“At least his invasion didn’t leave permanent damage.” The baby dragon mumbled.

As I was about to leave I heard the princess’ voice “Tempest before you leave I want you to meet somepony.”

I turned my head and said “Who?”

She ran in front of me and said “My student.”

I looked at her with a confused look and said “You have a student? Since when?”

She chuckled nervously and said “It’s a long story”

I smiled nervously and looked behind her only to see the same periwinkle unicorn from yesterday. She reached out a hoof for a hoofshake and said “my name is Starlight Glimmer and you must be Tempest I’ve heard a lot about you”

As I reached out my hoof and shaking hers as I whispered to the princess “Is this what friends do”

She gave me small smile and said “Yes and thanks for giving her and friendship a chance”

After that me and Starlight had a chat about something but I can’t remember what but I said “thanks for the chat starlight it was fun talking with you hope we can do this another time but I have to go if I want to finish cleaning the town bye” I waved goodbye and left the castle I finished cleaning then I thought I wondered why I get butterflies in my stomach every time I’m around twilight what is this feeling?.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Twilight’s mind....

I wonder when I can tell her about my feelings. Maybe she won’t feel the same way I do. When should I tell her that I love her and where should I tell her she’s beautiful and brave and loyal and smart she is the strongest mare I’ve ever seen and the first pony I’ll date......Tempest.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this is my first book/chapter on this website hope you liked it if you have any feedback for my next book/chapter leave it in the comment box and if you have any tips it would be very helpful to me. Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter.

Big thanks to B-25 for proofreading this chapter and for Tempest_Flare