• Published 27th Jan 2018
  • 1,193 Views, 29 Comments

Fluttershy's First Date - StormLuna



After being unable to pay her bill to the local dentist, Fluttershy is given an option to clear her bill and it is a very unconventional option. Fluttershy, despite having great friends, is lonely and decides to take the dentist up on her offer.

  • ...
10
 29
 1,193

Date Night

Author's Note:

A large portion of this chapter will be done in a back and forth dialogue.

Fluttershy was in her cottage waiting for Colgate. Despite her knowing that it was not six yet, just a few minutes after calming down, she began to get nervous when the clock read five till six. That nervousness would vanish just a minute later when she heard a knock on her door. She rushed to it and answered to discover that Colgate was there to pick her up. She gave her a smile and said, "Colgate, it's so good to see you!"

Colgate replied, "It's good to see you too Fluttershy." She took a look at Fluttershy and noticed how she was dressed and found it quite appealing. Her smile got bigger and she continued, "You look really nice Fluttershy."

Fluttershy commented, "You look nice too."

Colgate turned her head towards town and asked, "Shall we?"

Fluttershy nodded, turned off her lights and headed out the door. When they first started heading into town, Fluttershy was walking a bit behind Colgate. She noticed this and didn't really want her behind her. She turned around and said, "Fluttershy, you can walk right up next to me." She then got a smile on her face and laughed, "Don't worry, I don't bite!"

Colgate's relaxed behavior caused Fluttershy to calm down a bit so she joined Colgate and walked with her, side by side. When she did this, both of them were happy and Colgate wanted very much to grab a hold of Fluttershy's hand but knew that would likely be inappropriate since she didn't know exactly what Fluttershy saw this as, whether she saw it as simply getting her debt written off or if it was really a date.


Once they arrived at the cafe they were promptly seated and at first there was an odd silence between the two until Fluttershy broke the silence, "Colgate, what is my limit?"

Colgate replied, "Order anything you want, this is on me and I want you to be happy."

This shocked Fluttershy, especially given that this was initially just set up so that Colgate would write off her debt. All sorts of thoughts began to run through her mind. She began to think, "She wants me to be happy? Does she have a crush on me? Does she think I'm beautiful?" Fluttershy then broke her thoughts and said, "Thanks, I really appreciate it."

It would not be long until the waiter arrived and took their orders. Fluttershy was extra hungry that night and ordered something that would cost twice as much as she would normally get. She watched Colgate's facial expressions as she did this and felt a sense of relief as all she saw was a smile, a smile that she was beginning to find quite attractive.

Again there was a nervous silence between the two, a silence that was making both of them wonder if things were even going to go well. Colgate finally broke that silence, "So Fluttershy, I know you like animals, how are they doing?"

Fluttershy replied, "They are doing alright." She could tell that Colgate was just as, if not more, nervous than she was. She thought that they needed more than small talk, "Colgate, what do you say we get to know one another?"

Colgate replied, "I think that is a good idea." She could tell by the expression on Fluttershy's face that she wanted her to go first. She took a deep breath and began, "Well I was born and raised in Canterlot....." Colgate began to become flustered as she never was good at talking about herself. She knew however that if she wanted a chance with Fluttershy, that she couldn't just be a complete mess and tell her next to nothing.

Fluttershy saw this and said, "It's alright, you don't have to tell me everything."

Colgate replied, "I'm sorry Fluttershy, I'm just not good at talking about myself." She again took a deep breath and continued, "When I was young, I was intelligent for a filly my age so I was able to get into Celestia's school for gifted unicorns."

Fluttershy interrupted, "That's where Twilight went to school!"

Colgate continued, "She was my classmate but enough about her. I did good, very good in my studies there but there were other things I was interested in besides becoming great with magic. I wound up doing some sort of report about dentistry and that is what got me fascinated in it, fascinated to the point to where I would wind up going to school for that."

Fluttershy asked, "And how did that go?"

Colgate continued, "It went absolutely wonderful. It is kind of odd, I seemed to have a knack for it, almost like it was what I was supposed to do. I wound up graduating at the top of my class and almost immediately I was hired by a dental clinic in Fillydelphia."

Fluttershy asked, "Oh, and how did that go?"

Colgate replied, "It went alright. I'll admit, I wasn't exactly fond of the city and I definitely wasn't fond of my boss. It seemed like no matter what his employees did, it was not good enough. We could do a perfect job on a patient's teeth and he'd still find something wrong. It was after just being there for a few months that I cut back my spending dramatically so I could eventually leave and start my own practice, which of course I eventually was able to."

Fluttershy asked, "What led you to choose Ponyville as where you wanted to start your practice?"

Colgate replied, "Several things actually. One thing was the lower business taxes. I initially thought about Canterlot since that is where my parents live but the taxes are too high. Also, I wanted a slower pace of life. After living in the big city for so long, I was sick and tired of the hustle and bustle. Third, Lyra had begun to hang out with a less than pleasant crowd in Canterlot and she wound up having to drop out of Celestia's school. My parents asked me if I would open my practice in a small town and hire Lyra in one way or another and I agreed. Now here I am, very successful" she then began to blush and continued, "having supper with you."

Fluttershy couldn't help but smile when Colgate blushed when she mentioned her. She knew that it was her turn to share her past so she began, "Regarding me, I was born in Cloudsdale to two very loving parents and when I was a filly, I was happy until my parents decided to enroll me in flight school." She became a bit more agitated as she continued, "And I despised flight school, I hated it more than anything!"

Colgate could tell that mentioning flight school was upsetting Fluttershy greatly and replied, "I'm sorry it was so bad Fluttershy, you don't have to tell me everything if you don't want to."

Fluttershy really didn't want to continue talking about it but she knew that if Colgate knew more about her, that there would be a better chance of something happening so she continued, "It's alright Colgate. Ok, about the flight school. I hated it because everypony but me was a strong flyer. I was constantly bullied and made fun of by everypony except Rainbow Dash, who challenged those bullies to a race to defend my honor."

Colgate asked, "And what happened there?"

Fluttershy continued, "Well they started the race but when they raced past me, they knocked me off a cloud and I fell to the ground."

Colgate gasped, "You weren't hurt were you?"

Fluttershy continued, "No, some butterflies caught me. Then once I was on the ground there was this explosion that scared the animals. It was that that caused me to discover that communicating with animals is my special talent and I got my cutie mark. It wasn't too long ago that I learned that was Rainbow Dash's sonic rainboom that scared the animals."

Colgate had no clue what a sonic rainboom was but realized it may have had something to do with a strange event that happened while she was in school. She asked, "This sonic rainboom, did it cause a loud explosion and was accompanied by a bright rainbow colored light?"

Fluttershy replied, "Yes. I take it you saw it?"

Colgate laughed a bit as she began, "Well sort of. I was taking an advanced physics exam when all of a sudden this loud boom rocked Canterlot and the weirdest thing happened, all of us wound up losing control of our magic and discharged energy out of our horns." She began to laugh louder, "And while my classmates wound up incinerating their exams, I only blasted a hole in the ceiling. The funny thing is, I was the only one to have an exam to turn in when it was over."

Fluttershy asked, "Oh, and how did the teacher react?"

Colgate replied, "She was frustrated but not mad because it's not like we did it willingly but enough about that. When you fell to the ground, did your parents come looking for you?"

Fluttershy replied, "No, they didn't?"

Colgate gasped, "Why not? If my sister or myself had gone missing like that, our parents would have searched every last inch of Equestria until they found us!"

Fluttershy replied, "I don't know why but I was able to make it here on the ground and of course I have my animals and my friends so I don't think things turned out too bad."

Colgate asked, "I know about the things that you and your friends have done as far as saving Equestria goes, but anything else? What sorts of things do you like and enjoy in life?"

Fluttershy replied, "Well I love my animals, I like spending time with my friends and I do like to sew sometimes." She then turned to Colgate, "What do you like to do and what do you enjoy?"

Colgate replied, "Well dentistry obviously, I do like spending time with my friends and my big sister/little sister time with Lyra. We always have so much fun."

By this time their order had finally arrived and both of them were very hungry and dug right in on their meals. As they were eating, there was silence from both of them as they had one thing on their minds, filling their stomachs. Once they both finished eating Colgate let out a huge belch. Fluttershy tried giving her a stern look and asked, "Aren't you going to say excuse me?"

Colgate could tell by the look in her eyes that she was not upset but replied, "I'm sorry Fluttershy, excuse me."

They both gave one another smiles before laughing over the incident. Almost immediately after that, the waiter brought them the bill. Colgate grabbed some bits and left them on the table for a tip and grabbed her debit card to pay up front. Once she paid for their meal they headed out and Colgate asked, "So, is there anything else you want to do or do you want to head home and call it a night?"

Fluttershy was getting a bit tired and yawned, "I'm thinking we ought to call it a night. I had a really good time tonight." Her face dropped a bit as she continued, "I'll see you again sometime?"

Colgate replied, "Well I was hoping you'd let me walk you home."

Fluttershy's ears shot up when she heard this. She said, "I'd love it if you'd walk me home!"

As the two headed towards Fluttershy's cottage, Colgate felt something she had never felt before, a hand in hers as Fluttershy had grabbed her hand. Colgate looked over and smiled at her, letting Fluttershy know that it was ok that she grabbed her hand.

As they continued onward, Colgate pulled Fluttershy's arm under hers and Fluttershy smiled and blushed at her. Once they arrived at her cottage, Fluttershy let go of Colgate and had a nervous smile on her face. She said, "Like I said earlier, I had a really wonderful time tonight."

Colgate replied, "I had a wonderful time as well." She paused for a moment before asking, "I'm wondering, would you want to do this again sometime?"

Fluttershy replied, "I'd love to but I don't think I'd have the mo......"

Colgate interrupted, "Fluttershy, any time you and I go out like this, I will pay, alright?"

Fluttershy asked, "Really, you'll pay every time?" It then hit Fluttershy, Colgate did not simply say next time, she said every time. Fluttershy had a feeling that Colgate may really like her but may be nervous about bringing it up so she decided that she would ask her first. She approached Colgate and asked, "Can I ask you a question?"

While Colgate knew how Fluttershy was and knew about her shy nature, she had a feeling that she may ask her the same question that she was going to ask her. She blushed and replied, "Yes, you can."

For a brief moment, Fluttershy began to doubt as to whether she should do this or not but then she knew that if she didn't ask her at that very moment, that she may be too scared to in the future. She asked, "I'm wondering, w-would you be my marefriend?"

Colgate was in a state of shock but elation at the same time. She pulled Fluttershy close and replied, "I'd love to be your marefriend so my answer is yes!"

After she gave her answer, the two began to stare deeply into one another's eyes and moved in for a kiss. When their lips met it was like fireworks were going off for both of them. Colgate began to shoot sparks out of her horn and Fluttershy's wings spread wide as neither had experienced it before. They tightened their embrace and deepened their kiss, parting their lips to allow entry to the other's tongue.

Their tongues began to fight for dominance and their embrace tightened, both moaning in pleasure as they began to rub their hands on the other's back but soon Fluttershy's hands would move lower, low enough that she began groping Colgate's flank, bringing out more pleasurable moans from her. After ten minutes of passionate kissing, Fluttershy broke the kiss, looked back at her flank and giggled, "You can touch mine too, it doesn't bite!"

Colgate knew that was Fluttershy's cue that she wanted to be groped as well. She moved her hands down and began to grope Fluttershy, which was promptly returned. Fluttershy buried her face in Colgate's mane and took in the wonderful feeling of Colgate squeezing her flank in what seemed to be in rhythm of how she was squeezing hers. Soon both of them realized that they had better stop before things went too far for the first date.

They pulled apart and both were red as an apple. Fluttershy gave her a dreamy look and suggested, "I think we better stop, I don't know what you think but I think going further on the first date would be a bad idea."

Colgate agreed, "I feel the same way. I feel bad that it went this far on the first date, I just hope you don't feel like I was....."

Fluttershy put her hand over her mouth and commented, "Colgate, I'm the one who groped your flank first so if anypony is to blame, its me."

Colgate replied, "How about there is nopony to blame."

Fluttershy giggled, "That sounds good to me." She yawned again and continued, "Well I think we ought to call it a night. I'm getting tired and I'm sure Lyra is wondering what happened to you."

Colgate replied, "Yeah, you're probably right but about that next date. How does Saturday at six sound?"

Fluttershy smiled, "That sounds great to me."

Colgate began to return home and said, "Well Fluttershy, I'll see you on Saturday if not sooner!"

Fluttershy replied, "I'll see you on Saturday."

As Colgate headed off, Fluttershy had never been so happy in her life. While it was just one night so far, she felt like somepony finally cared about her in a way that her friends don't. She was so happy that even Angel's grumpiness had skipped her mind.

Her mood would not even be dampened when she went into her cottage and was greeted by an angry Angel, wondering where she had been for so long. He pulled on her tail and began squeaking in anger. Fluttershy was much less than thrilled with this, for the first time she was a bit angry. She glared at him and sighed, "Not now Angel, I'm in a good mood and I want it to stay that way."

Fluttershy headed upstairs and closed her door. For the first time ever, she did not want Angel sleeping in her bedroom. She wanted just one night free of the drama that rabbit causes and wanted to focus on her new marefriend and dream of what the future may bring.

Comments ( 25 )

This was absolutely adorable!I just loved how you depicted Colgate in the story, and how the date night went as well.
:heart:

8694866

Thanks. Normally I depict Colgate as a bloodthirsty psycho but I thought writing her like this would be perfect.

This is a cute little story. I'm glad Fluttershy is so happy :pinkiehappy:

8695686

She isn't the only one who is happy!

8694873
Do you seriously?:rainbowderp:

If that's the case, i hope you got some stories with that characterization of Colgate. Cause that would be a good read for little ol me!

8698870

Read my "Colgate's Practice" series. I can't share links with them because they are rated M due to extreme gore and graphic torture.

They are titled

Colgate's Practice
Colgate's Practice 2: A Royal Problem
Colgate's Practice 3: Nipping the Problem in the Bud
Colgate's Practice 4: Blood, Torture and Power

If you do decide to read them, I hope you enjoy them

jesus that sped up in a rediculously real way fast. like wow good but left turn to flank touching fast. I'll have to do a video on this to better illistrate my face journey

9179725
I do like that Lyra. The hands obsessed human crazed Lyra is just too creepy for me. :twilightoops: The happy, bubbly Lyra always felt so natural however.

9179730

I think you've read that one....I'm not sure but in one Lyra did kidnap Megan in one of my stories because of her human obsession.

9179747
No I didn't read that one. I stay away from those stories.

9179756

I'm thinking of Paradise Oasis, she read that one and found it funny Lyra wanted to kidnap Megan.

9179763
I can't say I'm surprised by that coming from Paradise. That one has their own way of things. As we all do.

9179888
Yeah, Fluttershy seems like she would be a champion level cuddler. That and she is somehow able to be both adorable and beautiful at the same time. That's quite a feat. The only other ponies I can think of that manage this are Fizzy and Morning Glory from the first MLP series.

Sweet Stuff was just plain cute, and yes I want to hug her as well. I just want to hug, boop, and cuddle with all of the cute and sweet mares from MLP.

I feel that this story is a little too short. And it escalated a little much at the end there. It wasn't bad mind you, just a little hurried.

9180240
Looking back I do agree. I am working on a sequel to it that will play out for longer.

9180650
That would really help. Longer chapters will also help keep the pacing more even Storm. The last chapter had the best overall pacing even with the serious escalation that took place.

:facehoof: So Discord turned her into a tooth...
:fluttercry: With a cavity
:twilightoops: A tooth with a cavity!
:fluttershysad: With gum disease
:applejackconfused:???
:fluttershyouch: It was a yellow tooth with a cavity and gum disease
:pinkiegasp: !!!

11717304

That would not be very nice of Discord to do that.

11717776

What, is Discord jealous that Colgate is stealing his girl or what and wanted to make her unappealing to her?

11717779
:pinkiegasp: The Dental products are coming!
:duck: Precious Scales what's going on?
:moustache: Changelings?
:facehoof: Fluttershys gone Rogue . . .
:trollestia: Cake?
:flutterrage: Discord Stop laughing!

11717959

Celestia and her cake, that always gets her in trouble with Colgate.

11717969
:derpytongue2: Brush your mane
:derpyderp1: Brush your tail
:derpyderp2: Brush your tooth

:twilightsmile: After all they call it a tooth brush

11717987

Everypony needs to brush everything. Nopony wants a messed up mane, nopony wants a messed up tail and nopony wants bad teeth!

Login or register to comment