• Published 6th Aug 2012
  • 1,509 Views, 2 Comments

Keeping Secrets - Stunt Monkey

  • ...
2
 2
 1,509

Secrets and Discoveries.

Four days after Stryker's 'incident'.

Wow. What a year it's been, I fell in love with the most lovely mare I've ever met, me and my brother Stryker opened our club in Ponyville. And... best of all? We earned a lot of money, I am not going to lie, I am not even angry. Having money ROCKS! -KS! -KS! Hey? HELLO! OH! OH! ECHO! OH! OH! Haha, that's cool. I AM A RO-

"Boxing!" Stryker yelled at him for the fourth time.

"What?" Boxing responded.

"You were doing that thing where you stare into space again." Stryker informed. His horn glowed and the cleaned drinking glass in his grip floated up to the shelf and joined the others he had cleaned. "What? Space? S-Sorry, I was having a moment." He said.

"Yeah I could see, are you feeling ok? Do you need to take tonight off, I can-"

"No. I'll be fine Stryker, thanks anyway." Boxing assured him.

"Alright, you should mop the stage, we have a performer tonight."

"Really?" Boxing asked.

"Yeah, here in Ponyville, him and his jazz band." Stryker informed.

"Ok then, I'll get right on it."

***

There we go, all sparkly clean. And with plently of time to spare, I might go pay AJ a visit at the farm. With that Boxing yelled at Stryker that he was going to Sweet Apple Acres and closed the door behind himself, before long hew found himself walking down the dirt pathway towards the farm. It was a nice warm day, not too hot, but enough make Boxing sweat. In the distance he saw an all too familiar friend, he quickly approached the red workhorse with a wagon attached to him.

"Hey Big Macintosh, is your sister around?"

"Ah' believe little Apple Bloom is playing with 'er friends somewheres."

"Actually I-"

"Heh, yeah ah' know. Applejack is bucking trees in the west field." He walked off, pulling the wagon with him. Boxing continued walking further down the road, he could hear grunting off in the distance. Yep that's AJ. He thought to himself. He passed by another tree and Applejack came into view, "Hey! Applejack!" Boxing yelled as he waved his hoof.

She stopped in the middle of bucking the tree trunk and lifted her head up. "Boxin'?" she trotted over to him. "What'r you doing here?" she asked.

"Well, I've got the next few hours free until I have to go back to the Zone. So... I thought I'd come see you." He grinned sheepishly.

"Aww, thanks. Ya know... Ah'm powerful hungry. Wanna go into town fer' a bite to eat?"

"Yeah sure, I'd love that." Boxing turned and started walking. Applejack walked next to him with her tail entwined with his, she smiled at him as they walked.

"So, what did you have in mind?" Boxing asked.

"Ah' was thinkin' that new place that just opened."

"That new place? AJ. That was a month ago." Boxing tried not to laugh as he approached their destination and looked up at the building. "Wait... The corner side cafe? I thought we'd go somewhere more fancy."

"Gee, you sound like Rare sometimes." Applejack giggled. "Alright let's go inside."

"Ladies first." He motioned her to enter as he held the door open with a hoof.

The inside was quiet, other diner's were spread out among the few tables, Boxing spotted an open table near a window and pointed to it. The both of them sat down on the soft cushions and each grabbed a menu in their hooves, Boxing's eyes glanced over the menu and he mumbled something to himself. A pegasus with a blue mane and yellow coat walked up to them and took down their order, scribbling it down with the pencil held in her teeth.

"You know I get this weird feeling about Stryker lately." Boxing started a conversation.

"Is that so?" Applejack shifted uncomfortably.

"Yeah he seems sort of nervous when Rarity is around. Do you think he's keeping secrets from her?" He moved his hoof as the pegasus from before placed their drinks in front of them, Applejack wrapped her lips on the straw in her mouth and began drinking. "Do you think he's gonna propose?!"

"Pfffffffffffffttttt!" Applejack spat out her drink, soaking Boxing with juice. "Koff!"

"Eww, gross. What was that for?" he shook his hooves to drain them.

"Sorry Box, Ah' was jus- well... Never you mind, Ah'm sure Stryker is fine. Gettin' hitched, heh, and to Rare of all ponies. Knowin' Stryker, he has a better chance gettin' caught with his pants down at a waterin' hole. I mean if he wore pants." Her eyes shifted around as she took another sip of her remaining drink. Why's AJ acting so weird? Boxing thought.

"Are you feeling ok AJ?" He asked as the pegasus placed a plate with a sandwich in front of both of them. "Do you know something I don't know about Stryker?"

"Er... Nope." She tried to bluff.

"Your a terrible liar, you know?" Boxing smiled. "Now. I want you to tell me why you and Stryker are acting weird." The Element of Honesty faked a smile, darting her eyes back and forth between her sandwich and Boxing. Her smile dropped into a frown of defeat. "Fine Ah'll tell ya'," Applejack leaned forward. "But y'all can't tell a single soul, understood." Boxing nodded.

"Punchkissedstrykeranhedon'twantrarefindin'out." Applejack blurted out really quickly.

"Could you say that a little slower please." He took a bite of his sandwich.

"Ah said, Punch kissed Stryker and he doesn't want Rarity findin' out."

"Berry Punch kissed Stryker?!" he shouted. Applejack jerked forward over the table and crammed a hoof in Boxing's mouth to shut him up. "No you feather brain, Ah' mean Tropical." she pulled back her hoof and sat down, Boxing's mouth gaped open as he stared in shock. "Tropical. Are you sure?"

"Told me 'imself." She bit into her sandwich.

"So you didn't actually see this happen."

"Well... No. But why would he lie?" Boxing stood up are started walking away, leaving Applejack stunned. She dropped her sandwich and followed him, "Wait, where'r you goin'? Are you mad at me?" She trotted up to his side as he walked out of the door and curled her tail around his.

"I'm not mad at you, I love you. I just want to hear this from Stryker himself."

***

A short while later, Boxing and Applejack found themselves standing outside the Strike Zone. A nervous feeling filled Boxing, Applejack glanced over to him a noticed. "How do you think he'll react?" Applejack asked.

"Well. We usually don't keep secrets from each other, I mean he was the first pony to find out I was gay." Boxing approached the door and place his hoof on it. "I guess I can only hope for the best." with that said he stepped inside. He scanned the room Stryker was behind the bar cleaning glasses in the grip of his magical blue aura.

"Hey Box, AJ. What's going on? You wanna drink?" He placed the dry glass down and lifted a freshly washed glass.

"Give me a salt block." he sat down on a stool, Applejack sat next to him. "Hang on an apple pickin' minuet. Since when do y'all sell salt?" Stryker placed a tall frothy beer in front of her and she nodded with thanks.

"We don't. This is Boxy's personal stash." He cleaned another glass and placed it with the others. "So what's got you down Box?"

"What do you mean?" Boxing took another lick of his block.

"You only want salt when something's got you down." He placed the cleaned glass down. "Ok, you got me." He paused. "Stryker? Is it true you kissed Punch?" Stryker's horn fizzled as his magic aura failed and the glass fell from his grip, smashing onto the floor.

"YOU TOLD HIM?" He shouted as he turned to Applejack. "Stryker. Ah' always said I weren't gonna' cover for ya'." Applejack took a huge gulp of her beer.

"When are you going to tell Rarity?" Boxing asked.

"What? Why should I have to? I mean it's just a simple mistake that Tropical made, I'm the victim here." Stryker pointed at himself with a hoof, then leaned in. "Boxing. We all make mistakes. And besides if Rarity found out then she would kick Punch out and she'd have nowhere to live."

"I doubt she would so that." Boxing chuckled.

"Oh she would." Applejack added in.

"See! Straight from the horses mouth, even one of Rarity best friends says the same." He placed another cleaned glass on the drying rack with the others. Stryker heard the front door open as somepony walked in, he ducked under the bar hiding from whoever was at the door. Oh no! It's Rarity! The secret's out! Boxing you traitor! Game over! his mind ran wild with panic.

"Excuse me? I'm looking from Stryker Malt-House. Have you seen him." a deep voice spoke.

Hang on. That's not Rarity's voice. Stryker thought to himself and poked his head up to get a better look. "Yes Stryker is here, he's just..." Boxing stopped talking as Stryker slowly rose up from behind the bar. "An idiot." The earth pony stood before him, his coat was a slate blue colour and his mane slightly darker blue.

"Hello sir. I'm Stryker Malt-House, can I help you?" Stryker spoke nonchalantly.

"Yes. My name is Noteworthy, me and my band are preforming tonight." He offered his hoof forward. Stryker put his own hoof to it and shook. "Yes of course. The stage is over there," He pointed to the back wall. "you can set up whenever you wish, we will be opening in about less than an hour."

"Alright then, my other band mates will be here shortly. Let's have a drink to pass the time." He sat down of Boxing's left side and winked at him.

***

The club was in full swing, ponies left and right were dancing on the dance floor while the jazz band played their face paced tune. Applejack was nearing the end of her third beer while she watched Boxing from a distance, he was dancing wildly to the music. Tropical and Stryker were behind the bar serving drinks, Applejack remembered Rarity telling her that she and Twilight would visit, although they still remained absent. Boxing stopped dancing when a loud upbeat saxophone solo started, he walked over and joined Applejack, sitting at the bar.

"I guess Rarity and Twilight couldn't make it?" he shouted over the music.

"Ah' guess not." She spoke back. "Listen, Ah'm feelin' a might bit ill. Ah'm gonna' head home and hit the hay, if them two do show their faces... well, tell them Ah' was sick." She downed the rest of her drink in one shot and placed it on the bar. Sick. But not sick enough to down half a beer apparently. Boxing thought to himself as he watched Applejack get off of her stool.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow?" Boxing asked.

"Sure ya will." She leaned in and placed her lips on his, enjoying every second. Boxing pulled away and looked into her bright green eyes. "Would you like me to walk you home?"

"Don't bother yer'self none, Ah'm fine. Really." She quickly kissed him again and then opened the door and left.

Before long she found herself walking down the dirt road that lead to her farm, Luna's moon lit up the dark sky, it was a full moon tonight. A beautiful sight that Applejack rarely had the chance to see, the moon shined brightly on her families orchard. She trotted up to her house and saw Big Macintosh sitting on the front porch with an unconscious Rainbow Dash lying in his hooves, he stirred as Applejack walked passed them and approached the door.

"What'd she do this time?" Applejack asked.

"She'll give you a run fer' your money, she went to that filly fooler bar with that pink friend of hers and got caught up in some drinkin' contest." Macintosh informed her.

"Filly Foolers? But she ain't-"

"Ah' know, but her pink friend is, apparently." Macintosh interrupted her. That don't surprise me. Applejack thought to her self as she pushed open the door and walked in. "G'night." she said and then made her way upstairs into her room. Her bed was just the same as she had left it this morning, she galloped and dived onto it like a swimming pool. Ah' that's nice. She thought to herself before falling into a deep slumber.

***

Bright sunlight crept it's way through Applejack's bedroom window, she closed her eyes tighter hoping it would go away so she could get back to sleep, after a few minuets of tossing and turning, trying to avoid the sunlight, she gave up and flipped her blanket off of her. As she stepped out of bed she felt a sudden painful feeling in her stomach, she made a mad dash to her bathroom and flung her head into the toilet bowl. After a few dry heaves, coughing and spluttering, she stood up and walked over to the sink. Guess Ah' can't take a few drinks any more. She thought to herself as she stared at herself in the mirror, her mane was a mess.

After brushing her mane into what Rarity would call 'barely acceptable', she walked out of the bathroom and headed downstairs. Huh? That's odd, my head feels fine. I should go to the doctors, just in case. she thought to herself. After all coming down with the pony pox, or any sickness for that matter, only a few weeks before harvest was the worst thing that could happen.

The smell of pancakes filled Applejack's nostrils, she followed the lovely smell and found that in the kitchen Rainbow Dash sitting at the dining table, cramming a whole pancake into her mouth. "Mornin' Rainbow Dash! Ah' heard you and Pinkie had yer'selves some fun?" She spoke loudly on purpose.

"Please AJ, not so loud." Rainbow continued to chew her food.

"Sorry, I'm just messin'." Applejack sat down next to her and lifted some pancakes onto her own plate, she poured herself a glass of apple juice that was placed on the table. "So if'n your so serious with mah' brother, why'r you messin' around with Pinkie?"

"What?!" Rainbow yelled. "Who the hay said that? We were just drinking, that's all."

"Sorry, Ah' just assumed-"

"Come on Applejack, I mean Pinkie is sweet and all but she's... Well, she's Pinkie."

"Yeah, s'pose so. Well," Applejack crammed the last pancake into her mouth and trotted to the door. "See you round." her muffled voice spoke as she shut the door behind her and headed straight for Ponyville.

***

"Miss Applejack? The doctor will see you now, head right down that hallway," The white mare pointed to the empty hallway. "and enter the first room on your left." she instructed, Applejack did as she was told and trotted down the hallway until she found the correct door. She lifted her hoof and knocked. KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

"Yes come in Miss Applejack." A muffled voice came from the other side, Applejack opened the door and stepped into the exam room. Nothing but a bench with a chair and a few colourful charts and medical instruments decorated the room. "My name is Doctor Stitch, please lie down on the bench and we will get started." Applejack climbed onto the bench and laid down on her stomach, the unicorn had finished sorting the papers held in his magical aura and walked over to Applejack. "Now, the nurse tells me you been experiencing vomiting?" He asked.

"Yeah, didn't feel so well yesterday and this morning was worse. Odd thing is, Ah feel fine now." She answered.

"Hmm, That is odd." He said as he placed his hoof on her neck and squeezed around her pressure points. "Does this hurt?" he pushed further into the softness of her throat. "Nah, kinda tickles."

"Lift out your front legs please." Applejack did as she was told and moved her forelegs out. The doctor inspected them closely looking for cut or bruises, shortly after he flexed her forelegs up and down. "No pain?"

"Er-nope." She responded.

"Could you please turn over into your back." Applejack rolled over onto her back and the doctors horn glowed as a coloured chart floated over to him, he studied it for a moment before pointing his horn to Applejack's stomach. "Hey, watch where your pokin' that thing doc."

"Relax Miss Applejack, you will be fine. Although you may feel a slight chill." His horn flared and glowed a bright green as it touched her belly, for a moment Applejack felt as if all the heat in her body had been taken away from her and replaced with ice. "Brrr." She muttered. When his horn stopped glowing, he stepped away from her. "Ah, that would explain it." He scribbled down into the chart with a pencil. "Explain what?" Applejack asked.

"Congratulations." he smiled, clopping his hooves together happily. "You're pregnant."

"Ah'm what now?" Applejack's jaw hung open in disbelief.

"You are carrying a foal, about six weeks I'd say." He glanced at his chart once again.

"No that can't be! Are yer sure?"

"Yes, now, give this paper to the nurse when you leave and make an appointment for 4 weeks time. I imagine you have some very happy news for a special somepony."

"Nononononono- This can't happen ta me, Mah' family has a farm to run." Applejack began to panic.

"Miss Applejack, Don't worry. You will be fine for about four or five months, then you need to start taking a great deal of care in what you do. You wouldn't want to hurt the foal after all." With a big ear to ear smile on his face, he motioned her to exit the room.

***

Applejack left the hospital in disbelief, she walked straight back to the farm. Upon arrival, she locked herself inside her room without speaking to any pony and sat on her bed, laying on her back, staring up at the wooden ceiling in shock. Slowly, her eyes drifted she looked down at her flat, muscular belly. She rubbed her hooves across it as tears started to form in the corners of her eyes.

Boxin' is gonna' kill me.

To Be Continued...