• Published 25th Jan 2018
  • 2,388 Views, 60 Comments

Game On - Golden Flare



Hit Point, a new student at CHS, has his life turned upside down when he becomes «The Gamer» and has to "level up" to survive the trials ahead of him.

  • ...
7
 60
 2,388

Chapter 3

10 Minutes Later...

Hit and Sunset were out of breath, the fight completely wearing them out as they were hunched over trying to regain their lost air.

"You ready...to call it quits?" Hit panted out.

"Yeah...you're strong...I'll give you...that." Sunset panted back, then stood up straight as she finally recollected herself, "Doesn't matter anyway, I've already won."

"What are you..." Hit took a look around after he stopped panting and saw the gym was in near ruins as the decorations were pretty much destroyed, "...This was your plan from the beginning."

"Half of it anyway, I certainly didn't expect you to interfere, but it doesn't matter in the long run." she pulled out her phone and snapped a few pictures of the destroyed gym, "Twilight Sparkle will never get that crown now."

"The Fall Formal crown? THAT'S what this is about? Get some reality going in that head of yours! It's just a piece of cheap plastic!"

Sunset chuckled, confusing him, "Oh, Hit Point, that crown is much more than you'll ever know." she proceeds to walk past Hit with her cronies in tow and whispers in his ear, "If you behave like a good boy, I may make you my little prince."

She saunters off and leaves the gym and Hit behind as he returns his bat to his Inventory and multiple screens appear.

Quest Cleared!
Side Quest: Confront the CHS Witch!

Clear Reward(s) Obtained:
+5000 EXP
Key Item: Evidence of Deception

Your level has increased by 1.

Your level has increased by 1.

You now have access to more stats!

Hit Point
«The Gamer»
Title: N/A

LV 7
HP: 605/605
MP: 310/310 (MP Regen: 1%)

STR: 13
DEX: 14
INT: 13
VIT: 13
WIS: 13
LUK: 13
STAT POINTS: 20
EXP: 6500
NEXT LV: 6200

CASH: $100.00

You now have access to the Key Item Window!

I cleared the side quest, leveled up twice, got new stats, AND a Key Item Window to boot! Nice! Hit thought, "Key Item Window!"

Another window opened up:

Key Items

Evidence of Deception

"'Evidence of Deception'?" Hit questioned as he tapped it.

Evidence of Deception [Key Item]
The cut up remains of Sunset Shimmer's deceiving photos. Take them to Vice Principal Luna, quickly!

Just then, another quest window opened itself, except it was different.

Story Quest: Save the True Fall Formal Princess
Information: Encounter Vice Principal Luna in her office and present the Evidence of Deception to her before she removes Twilight Sparkle from the race for Princess of the Fall Formal!
Time Limit: 10 Minutes
Clear Reward(s): +2500 EXP, Twilight Sparkle added to Ally List
Fail Penalty: -10000 reputation with student body, Game Over

[Accept] [Decline]

"WHAT!?! If I don't make it, it's game over!? And I can't even decline the quest!?" Hit groaned loudly, "AGGGHH!! Fine!"

He tapped [Accept] and made a break for Vice Principal Luna's office.


Vice Principal Luna was staring down the new student Twilight Sparkle as the latter covered her face in despair and embarrassment. Then the door slammed open, revealing an out of breath Hit Point.

"Mr. Hit Point? What are you doing here?" Luna questioned.

"Please tell me I'm not too late." he asked.

"I was just conversing with Ms. Sparkle here about her disqualification from Fall Formal Princess."

"Well, you might wanna change your mind, because the evidence you were given was false."

"What? Explain."

Hit presented the [Evidence of Deception] Key Item to her and began to explain, "Somebody chopped up and combined these photos to make it look like Twilight was the one who trashed the gym."

Luna hummed, "Hmm...I thank you for bringing this to my attention, Mr. Point." she turns to Twilight, "In light of this new evidence, you may of course continue your campaign for Fall Formal Princess."

Twilight looked ecstatic and ran up to hug Hit, making him uncomfortable, "Thank you! You have no idea how much this means to me!"

"Unfortunately," Luna spoke again, "enough damage has been done to the gym that the Fall Formal will have to be postponed until tomorrow." she began to leave, "If you'll excuse me, I have to inform my sister of this latest development."

After the door closed, three windows popped up, shocking Twilight.

Quest Cleared!
Story Quest: Save the True Fall Formal Princess

Clear Reward(s) Obtained:
+2500 EXP

Twilight Sparkle is now your ally.

"What the!?" she shouted.

"Uh, it's a long story!" Hit said as he dismissed the windows, "Hang on. Status Window!"

Hit Point
«The Gamer»
Title: N/A

LV 7
HP: 605/605
MP: 310/310 (MP Regen: 1%)

STR: 13
DEX: 14
INT: 13
VIT: 13
WIS: 13
LUK: 13
STAT POINTS: 20
EXP: 9000
NEXT LV: 3700

CASH: $100.00

Hit closed out his window and turned to Twilight, "I'll explain everything later, right now we should prepare for the Fall Formal tomorrow, so...would you like to go with me?"

"Well, I was planning to go with...wait, tomorrow night!?" Twilight then proceeded to say "no" multiple time along with some gibberish as she ran off.

Hit sighed, "Should've known."

He began his trek back home, slightly dejected that the new girl, of all people, rejected his offer.


Hit entered his home and sat on the couch, "Inventory."

The window popped up and he ate up whatever muffins remained inside his Inventory, not out of need to replenish his HP, but to forget about what happened earlier. Hit didn't think of himself as a guy with an eating disorder, but he just couldn't help himself. As he finished his food, he passed out watching TV.


A Few Hours Later...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

The sound of knocking roused Hit from his slumber as a window popped up.

Good afternoon! Your HP and MP have been fully recovered!

"Ugh, I guess my little power nap counts as sleep..." Hit uttered.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Alright, I'm coming!" Hit grumbled as he got up and opened the front door, revealing Twilight and what appears to be her friends, "What?"

"We just fixed up the gym and we're all going to get ready for the Fall Formal, are you coming?" Twilight asked.

Hit sighed, "Nah, I told my parents I wouldn't go if I didn't have a date, and you said no, so..."

"I didn't say no, I mean, not to you, I was just...worried about something else."

"Oh? What was it?"

"It's not important, will you come if I agree to be your date?"

Hit sighed again, "I guess."

The girls cheered and Hit went with them as they walked to the boutique their friend Rarity works at.

"Hey, Twilight." Rainbow whispered.

"Yeah?" Twilight asked back.

"Why are we inviting the gamer nerd to come to the Fall Formal with us again?"

"Rainbow Dash, don't be rude!" Rarity harshly whispered.

"It's okay, Rarity," Twilight said to her friend and turned back to Rainbow, "Because if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be able to get my crown back at this point."

"Really? What happened?" Fluttershy asked.

Twilight explained the whole situation of how Sunset Shimmer tried to frame her for the gym been trashed and get her kicked out of the race for Fall Formal Princess, but Hit Point came along and showed proof of her innocence.

"...And that's how it happened." Twilight concluded as they entered the boutique with Hit in tow.

"I still can't believe we pulled that off." Fluttershy said.

"I can! We're awesome!" Rainbow added.

"Enough chatter, girls...and Hit." Rarity interrupted, "We need to get ready, and we need to look fabulous!"

Hit had a deadpan look on his face, "...What."

Rarity smiled, "Well, you simply can't go to the Fall Formal in casual attire, darling. I have a spare tux in back that you can use."

Hit just stood there, the deadpan look still present.

"Hit?" Twilight asked.

"Good-bye." Hit turned and tried to walk out the door, but Rainbow stopped him.

"Slow down there, Game Boy, who says you get to walk out of here?"

Hit sighed for third time in a row, "I don't have a choice in this, do I?"

"Nope!" they all said cheerfully.

Hit slumped in defeat.


After a long montage of preparing for the Fall Formal, and Hit trying on his new tuxedo while giving the girls their privacy, they were in a limo on their way to CHS for the school dance, but before they arrived, Hit used [Observe] to see if his tux at least had any armor properties.

Green and Red Tuxedo [Rarity: E rank] [Armor Type: Light]
A formal outfit often used for social gatherings.

Dexterity +1
Vitality +1
Condition: 100%

Once they had arrived in front of the school, Hit and the girls piled out and proceeded to enter the building, but Twilight was stopped by Flash Sentry as Hit continued on in, soon the two caught up to him and Twilight spoke.

"Um, Hit, I know you're my date to the Fall Formal, but would it be alright if I had a dance with Flash?"

Hit thought about it and smiled, "Sure, why not?"

Twilight and Flash smiled and the former rushed off into the gym while the latter stopped to talk.

"Thanks, man," Flash began to say, "I was worried you were one of those possessive types."

Hit waved a hand, "No biggie."

Hit just walked to the gym while Flash ran, saying something along the lines of he needed to get onstage with his band before they start without him, but Hit didn't mind it much.

I don't see Sunset anywhere, Hit thought as he looked around, I don't know what it is, but I have a bad feeling all of a sudden...

A skill has been learned through a special action.

Through feeling a possibility of a bad omen, [Deep Intuition] has been learned.

[Deep Intuition (Passive) LV 1 EXP 24.10%]
The ability to feel good or bad omens before they happen.

Oh boy...


...

"Yes, the Fall Formal is going exactly as planned."

...

"Yes, I will keep close watch of the boy."

...

"And yes, I will step in if something happens to him."

...

"Of course. The moment Miss Shimmer steps out of line, I'll be ready to...take care of the situation."

...

"See you soon."

The unknown figure hung up the phone and watched the security cameras all around the school, waiting for a certain queen bee to strike and for his colleague to come and help finish the job.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long, hope you guys liked it!