• Published 2nd May 2018
  • 2,908 Views, 159 Comments

InFamous: The Unusual Conduits - Blackdrag-rose



Adagio, Aria, and Sonata enter the portal in the statue's base and find themselves in a whole new world... one where they awaken new powers to replace what they had lost, and help Cole MacGrath save his city.

  • ...
27
 159
 2,908

PreviousChapters
Epilogue: Period of Rest

A week had gone by since Adagio, Aria, and Sonata had returned to Equus with Sunset, Twilight, Celestia, and Sparkle, where they had been given enough time to settle into the house that they had been given, and would pay for on their own in the future, while they also adapted to being teachers in Twilight's new school. The house in question, as they had been told, had more than enough room for all three of them, allowing each of them to start planning out how they were going to personalize their own rooms and where they were going to put the furniture, once they had enough bits to get some more modern pieces, instead of what was left behind. Despite that fact they actually liked their place, not just for the space they could put between them if there was an argument or disagreement between two of them, but even then they weren't eager to get into a fight with each other, not after the adventure that they had been through and the friends that had been left behind in the wake of the Beast's defeat. All three of them considered using their magical talents to immortalize Cole and his deeds, at least for themselves and their more immediate associates, but between figuring out where everything would go in their house and their jobs there wasn't a lot of time to do that.

Speaking of their jobs Adagio found that being a teacher was more interesting than what she originally thought it would be, as the ascended ponies that were her students actually paid attention to what she had to tell them and, unless she was hallucinating it, they were also taking notes on how she controlled the water around her and the moisture in the air. Many of her own students happened to be former pegasi, as they were hoping to learn new techniques to better control the weather, and there were even a few normal ponies, more like a unicorn and two pegasi, hoping to learn some pointers for whatever they were actually trying to learn. Her students were surprised when she demonstrated that she could draw in the moisture in the air around her and form her techniques, even forming solid ice with a simple thought, and she could see that a good number of them were trying to figure it out on their own, just like she did when she was first learning what sort of elemental affinity she had unlocked. She even noticed that some of the students had no idea what affinity they were connected to, meaning that they were here to test their skills and see if they could figure it out through sitting through a class... though generally those ones ended up heading to a different class the following day and trying something else out, until they saw what fit.

Aria, as she discovered, had to spend a good deal of time dealing with the ascended unicorns that liked to burn things and inform them of the dangers to wielding fire, something that she had picked up during their time in Cole's world, and while some of those dangers didn't exist in this world she actually adapted them to fit the lessons that she had planned for her own students. From what Adagio could tell most of Aria's students were almost entirely ascended unicorns, with some ascended pegasi and earth ponies thrown in because they wanted to combat the flames in a different manner than what they had been doing before hand, which Aria actually seemed fine with teaching as well, even if they didn't have the affinity that would require them to stay in her class. At the same time Aria also made sure that her students were paying attention to her lessons, as by the end of the third day she actually tested them on the material she had covered the last two days and, just like in Adagio's class, the students started taking more notes so they didn't get caught off guard on the subjects that they were talking about... which made Aria happy that they were falling in line and that the school, and by extension Twilight, would be happy that the students were doing well.

Sonata, on the other hand, seemed to have a friendlier class that mainly consisted of ascended pegasi and unicorns, including some normal members of those races, but the interesting fact was that there were a few griffins that had gone through the Ascension Process and had taken up residence somewhere in Ponyville before coming to school. From what Adagio could gather Sonata's class loved her, which made sense considering that she was the easygoing sister and wasn't always serious like she and Aria were all the time, but she was impressed when she heard that Sonata's classes were run in the same manner that both her and Aria ran their own classes. Her students also seemed to enjoy when she showed them what she was talking about by demonstrating her power to the class, giving them an idea of what she wanted them to do, and she smiled whenever they replicated what she was doing, along with making sure that those that struggled had some help so they didn't fall behind the others.

The really interesting part of all this was when they found out that the Cutie Mark Crusaders were students in the school, along with Rainbow and Applejack's younger sister Gale Wind, and that included both Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon being students as well. The reason that was interesting was that the majority of them had different elemental affinities and were placed in different rooms, because Sweetie Belle had unlocked the power to command fire, both Gale and Scootaloo controlled the wind, Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara had different levels of control over the earth, and Silver Spoon seemed to be able to manipulate the light around her, though her skill wasn't that great. When they learned that someone was able to manipulate the light, however, they discovered that the teacher for that class actually taught two different elements, as Lyra Heartstrings, who had some interesting tattoos and an interesting choice of attire, seemed to command the powers of the Light and Shadow, as that was her terms for her elements, and taught her students the basics to see what they were capable of. There was even an 'Arcane' class that Trixie Lulamoon was the instructor, though they found that sometimes the class didn't happen because Trixie was talking to the Dragon Lord and, somehow, reaching an agreement with her to have more dragons added to their school... though the Dazzlings weren't sure they wanted to know how such a thing was possible in the first place.

According to Twilight, however, Trixie was actually the Aspect of Magic now, a powerful dragon from a world called Azeroth, but at the same time the three of them determined that they'd rather hear the story from Trixie, whenever she returned from her latest venture into the Dragon Lands.


Adagio stretched as the school day, for her and her sisters anyway, was over at last, because while she enjoyed doing this, more than she originally thought when the offer was first made, the only thing she found that she didn't like was some of the paperwork, but that was easily taken care of thanks to how Twilight set the system up. She packed up what meager supplies she had brought for the day and headed outside the room that was her classroom, though as she walked down the hallway she was joined by both Aria and Sonata, as their rooms had been put near each other by coincidence when Twilight build the school. From what she had heard both Gale and Scootaloo were a little chaotic in the classroom, as their powers were more mature than what everyone else had and sometimes one of Scootaloo's practices would explode and knock everything around, though she wasn't sure if that was intentional or if she needed more practice, but that was something for Sonata to worry about.

"Hey, did you guys hear that Vinyl Scratch has an affinity for sound based attacks?" Sonata asked, deciding to talk as they walked down the hallway, because one of the things that was impossible to ignore was the fact that each teacher had some sort of affinity, especially Rarity, who only came in as a part time teacher and seemed to have four different elements she could use whenever she desired.

"I heard that our first day here." Aria replied, though at the same time she was impressed that someone who wasn't a Siren could develop sound based attacks, especially when the ascended unicorn in question was actually a DJ a good portion of the time, "You know, by now I've figured out who all of the other displaced ponies that we weren't told about where, as it appears that the majority of them are part time teachers and are extremely powerful in their own right, just like we are. Besides, there are some interesting affinities in this school."

"Like light, darkness, lightning, and arcane?" Adagio remarked, as those were the four strangest ones she could name off the top of her head, though she had to mentally add the strange 'soul' affinity that Rarity possessed, before she smiled as they exited the building and headed towards Ponyville, "Speaking of lightning, I heard from Rarity yesterday that we were lucky to be offered the positions that we were given, because if we hadn't been busy Rainbow Dash would have insisted that we spar with her for a few minutes so she could see how strong we are. Considering that she and Applejack went to the same world as Zeke's Dragon Ball Z show, and what we know about that world, I guess it's safe to say that she might have learned some interesting habits from one of it's inhabitants... and that man's friends as well, now that I think about what else is on that planet."

"Equus has become a strange place since we were last here," Sonata added, as one of the first things that they had discovered was the history of the planet they used to call home, mostly to see how history remembered them and the other villains that had been defeated after them, before glancing at the crystal palace that they had stayed in for a few days before their house had been secured, "It seems that Discord's tampering with the portal has changed this world in a good way, with both technical and magical advances becoming known to everyone, along with ways to keep the planet as pristine as it has been without the pollution that would normally ruin a place like this. Something tells me that Starlight was involved with coming up with that achievement, or at the very least helped Twilight come up with something... unless that's something that our planet usually does and we've never noticed it before time point in time."

"Well, in the end it honestly doesn't matter," Adagio said, though that was followed by the three of them taking to the air once more and headed for their house on the edge of Ponyville, which had been more than enough for the three of them to call home after everything they had been through before Discord called them home.

When they arrived at their house, however, Adagio chuckled as she spotted the reminder that was on the door, as Pinkie was planning on throwing a party to celebrate their first full week back on Equus and everyone, as in those that were also displaced, were invited to have a good evening with each other and chat about whatever came to mind. After seeing that she unlocked the door, the three of them headed inside, and she closed the door behind her, though not a few minutes later they all emerged wearing more casual clothing, gifts from Rarity, and headed to Sugercube Corner after making sure to lock the door behind them. As they walked through the street, and took in what was slowly becoming a familiar place to them, ascended ponies and normal ponies waved at them, though the normal ponies were visitors to the town, as they were told that everyone in Ponyville had gone through the process that Discord had created, but that didn't stop the three of them from waving back as they continued on their path.

It didn't take them long to reach the building that they were heading towards, even with the people and ponies that were around them, and when they opened the doors the three of them discovered that Rainbow and Applejack, including Gale, were already there, and so was Pinkie, which made sense seeing how her abilities were akin to Discord's, and that wasn't counting the powers she gained from her own adventure. Shortly after they arrived, and took a seat at one of the tables that Pinkie had prepared ahead of time, Rarity and Lyra arrived as well, though oddly enough Trixie, whose form was identical to their own, only instead of pony parts her feet and legs resembled that of a dragon, she had scales on her arms and legs, and she had a blue curved unicorn's horn that looked like it was made out of crystal. The only ones that couldn't make it were Starlight and Chrysalis, who were in another part of the universe at the moment, and Sunset, who happened to be off dealing with something that came to her attention yesterday... which meant it was either a threat to the universe or someone that needed to be destroyed immediately.

Pinkie, sensing that everyone was present, turned to a table and grabbed one of the treats that she had prepared before this party started, where she raised her plate into the air and smiled at the others as they did the same thing, and then dug into the cake she had made... though at the same time the Dazzlings smiled as well, because they had done what they set out to do, figure out what happened to Sunset and somehow find their way home, and now they had friends that would help them settle into their new lives. They were sure that something important would happen in the future, they were pretty sure of that, but for now they planned on focusing on what was happening at the moment and leave worrying about the future for when the party was over, so they could help their new friends with whatever happened next.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 13 )

And another story down.

I honestly hope that in the tournament of power, the sirens manage to score a couple of knockouts by their singing. Bonus points if its from the "pretty" universe.

9194463

My question is why would they be participating in the tournament in the first place? They have a very high mortal level, you know with three full galaxies and a fourth being repaired with its inhabitants in the other three. I would think they would be exempt, unless now every Universe must now complete.

another of your stories for my favs just one left to actually read other than waiting for your bleach story to end

which meant it was either a threat to the universe or someone that needed to be destroyed immediately.

Aizen or Le Paradox?

I was hoping this would go into second son, but ah well.

9194478
The author has stated that the tournament of power is supposed to be the grand finale of the Universe 13 works...
Why would Universe 13 even matter with the tournament of power if they weren't going to compete?
Plot convenience demands that our little ponies are hitting a requirement to enter the tournament.

Is there a group for these "Universe 13" stories?

9681997 The majority of them are listed under 'Inspiration Manifested' in the 'Tatsurou's PWNY-Verse' group.

9682008

Thanks for the info now!^_^

According to Twilight, however, Trixie was actually the Aspect of Magic now, a powerful dragon from a world called Azeroth, but at the same time the three of them determined that they'd rather hear the story from Trixie, whenever she returned from her latest venture into the Dragon Lands.

Reeeeeaaaaalllyyy should start trixie's story after this

Read this a while ago.

never got far.

now that the Sequel is out.....

Let's finish it.

Login or register to comment