• Published 23rd Jan 2018
  • 1,537 Views, 8 Comments

A Sisters' Trip to Disney World - Lukington17



The Cutie Mark Crusaders attempt to tackle the Magic Kingdom with their big sisters.

  • ...
0
 8
 1,537

The Magic Kingdom

Author's Note:

As a massive Disney fan as well, this just seemed like a natural combination, and something I'd been planning to do for a while. There's no special spell or multiverse travel to account for how the two worlds can combine; it's quite simply how I imagine a day out for the CMCs would be if Disney World was a part of their world!

“This is gonna be so awesome!”

“Come on Scootaloo, hurry up already”

“Coming.” Scootaloo dragged her heavy camera bag down the step of the train carriage to join her friends and their big sisters on the platform. They were making their way down from the Magic Kingdom monorail station, heading towards the entrance to Main Street, USA. The three fillies had never been before, and couldn’t believe that they were actually here!
Rarity had never been either; but the fillies had researched everything they could about the park in the weeks building up to this moment; what rides were meant to be the best, where to eat, where to start…Applejack and Rainbow Dash had both been here before when they were younger, and so carried a sense of smugness as they walked. As the three fillies raced ahead, Rarity was fumbling around with something in her bag.

“Blast, where is that confounded thing?”

Applejack turned to her puzzled, “what’re you lookin’ for there, Rarity?”

Rarity sighed.“I was so sure I packed my hoof sanitizer – I don’t really want to have to use the public…conveniences…”

Flying above their heads, Rainbow Dash laughed at this. “Come on Rarity, you can’t go all day without nature calling…besides, if anywhere’s gonna meet your special standards, it’s Disney World.”

Rarity smiled and the six ponies continued up to the entrance, amongst a large crowd of ponies waiting to enter the park. “Hey, you!” Rarity turned to see a Cast Member indicating for her and Sweetie Belle to step out of line. He ushered them into a separate unicorns’ queue – this one involved passing through a gate similar to a metal detector, and having one’s magic disabled. It reminded Rarity of the ones used at the Equestria Games, and although annoying, she recognised the need to monitor unicorn activity within the park. They found the other four were waiting for them on the other side, just in front of the train station. Eagerly they all proceeded to enter into the park under the tunnel. It was a sweltering hot day, and the sun blistered the ground underhoof.

“Hoowee, we all better find ourselves some shade! Ain’t gonna do us good being out in this heat for too long” Applejack pointed out, as Rarity teasingly fished out a spray fan from her bag and dangled it in front of her friend. “Well, most of us.” The farmpony said, rolling her eyes. The sextet walked up Main Street USA, enjoying the iconic view of the castle at the road’s end. Rarity had commented that Twilight’s was better, and they had chuckled at this. When they reached the circular hub, Sweetie Belle spoke up.

“Okay, I’ve got our route all planned out,” she began, laying out a park map in-front of the group. “First things first, we have to go to-“

“Come on guys, we’ve gotta go and do the biggest, most awesome ride first before it gets too busy!” Rainbow Dash cheered, pointing to the silver spires of Space Mountain to one side.

Sweetie shot the pegasus a scowl, and continued: “We have to go to Adventureland first, because clockwise is the easiest way to do it.” The others nodded, despite Rainbow’s groan of protest. They ventured into the tropical oasis-themed area of the park, lush with exotic foliage, and headed over to Jungle Cruise first. Old jazz music emanated from various speakers, and décor all around set the scene of a jungle outpost in an old British colony. Rarity turned to the young fillies as they stood in the line.

“Now, this ride is basically like going on a safari, exploring other tribes and cultures!” She explained cheerily, as Apple Bloom looked around nervously.

“How can we actually know all of this stuff is really out there?”

Rarity shot a glance at the Union Flag flying by the outpost, feeling a sense of pride. “Because there are explorers and daring adventurers who discovered and conquered all sorts of lands for our knowledge.” Apple Bloom nodded and they continued to make their way through until being loaded onto one of the tour boats. As they passed through the various scenes, Scootaloo began taking numerous pictures of it all: dioramas of the land of the Zebras, the mystical temples of Mistmane’s world, and even a great sphinx ruin from Southern Equestria on the waters. Various animatronics of exotic and foreign creatures adorned the scenes. As the ride ended and they passed a gift shop, Applejack’s voice caught the others’ attention from within the shop.

“What in EQUESTRIA?!” The others rushed to find Applejack, who was standing befuddled and looking at a shelf of plush toys: the toys were all Fluttershy dolls.

“Okay that is totally weird...” Rainbow remarked, as the fillies looked amazed.

Sweetie Belle looked up at the big sisters. “I guess she is always helping animals of every kind…she must have quite a reputation.”

Still amused by this, the six ponies left the ride and headed next-door to the popular ride Pirates of the Caribbean. As they waited in line, they noticed that the group in front of them was Captain Celaeno and some of her crew! Pleased to see them, the big sisters had struck up conversation with them, killing the time they spent waiting. The CMCs, meanwhile, played a game of "I Spy" to pass the time. They had then all enjoyed the ride together, taking up a whole boat and singing along as they passed through the famous scenes.

After they bid farewell to Celaeno and co., they headed over to Frontierland. Applejack and Apple Bloom were like a couple of parasprites on a sugar rush, excitedly hurrying about each point of interest and making comments about authenticity. Sweetie Belle tried to calm them down. “Okay, so I thought we could do Big Thunder Mountain now since the lines are still relatively-“

“No!” Rainbow Dash cut her off once again, “let’s go do Space Mountain while it’s still quiet then!”

“Oooh, that spooky manor over there looks inspired” Rarity exclaimed, pointing across the small lake of Frontierland.

“The Haunted Mansion is one the best rides in Disney World; it’s a classic!” Applejack returned. “But first we gotta get ourselves on that there coaster, y’all!” With a cheer she raced ahead to the entrance of Big Thunder, and Apple Bloom noticed Scootaloo look anxious.

“Ugh, thank Celestia…” Scootaloo muttered quietly.

Apple Bloom put a hoof on her friend’s back. “Scootaloo, what’s the matter?”

“I…I don’t know if I can hack the haunted ride…remember what we found out about it, it sounds really scary.”

“Ah come on Scootaloo, it’ll be fun! It’s Disney, how scary is it really going to be?”

“I suppose so. Just don’t tell Rainbow Dash, okay?” Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes at this, and the two caught up with the others as they waited to ride the timeless runaway mine train.

---

After riding the coaster and getting soaked on Splash Mountain, the six ponies shook their wet manes and tried to dry off in the sun. Rainbow Dash gloated that she would dry faster as she flew up closer to the sun’s rays, but the others went to use the restroom dryers to dry off. Rainbow laughed hysterically when she spotted Rarity – reluctant to enter the restroom still – removing the poncho she had packed and then carelessly shaking it dry, only for all the drops of water to spray onto her perfect purple mane! When the others emerged all nice and dry, Applejack and Apple Bloom bounced up and down. “Again, again!” They cheered, but the others shook their heads smirking. The group meandered through the now-crowded walkways over to Country Bear Jamboree – not an attraction Sweetie Belle had thought they would visit, but Apple Bloom had been adamant they give it a try. The enjoyable show of animatronic bears performing musical numbers reached an unfortunate climax when Applejack and Apple Bloom were kicked out for getting up onstage and trying to dance along to their beloved jamboree tunes.

After this event, the six ponies had made their way over to the Columbia Harbour House for lunch. Whilst the CMCs had read good reviews of it, the scorching hot day had left them all hot-and-bothered, and the unpleasant encounter with security at the jamboree had left Rarity and Applejack arguing. “You didn’t need to do that!” Rarity said across the table.

“Well I don’t see why I shouldn’t be allowed to partake – is this the ‘happiest place whatever’ or ain’t it?” Applejack replied bitterly.

“We’re sorry, Rarity – we just got carried away” Apple Bloom offered, but Rarity sat eating her sandwich with her nose turned up.

“Huff! You set a bad example for your sister, Applejack – and now I’m worried what ponies will say when they see us with you.”

Applejack frowned furiously.“You’re embarrassed?!”

Rainbow Dash interjected, “woah woah, let’s all chillax and eat before we say things we’re gonna regret, okay?” As they sat in silence, Rainbow looked pleased with herself as she then tucked in to her own sandwich, before guzzling down some water, “By Starswirl’s beard it’s hot out there, boy am I grateful for some water!” The CMCs followed her example and stayed hydrated too, but the two elder sisters looked down miserably at their food.

Sweetie Belle looked nervous as she proposed an itinerary. “Right, so for this afternoon I thought we could start by-“

“Come on, Apple Bloom” Applejack interrupted, as an irritated Sweetie Belle rolled up her map and cross her hooves. “Let’s go back to Splash Mountain, where we’re actually welcomed.” And before anyone could stop them, the two Apple sisters had left the table.

The quartet still at the table were left wide-eyed, and Rainbow scowled as she went back to her food. Rarity huffed and Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were left feeling upset. What made this tense moment seem weirder and more surreal was the fact that, all around them, happy ponies and families were talking and making noise, all in high spirits as they enjoyed their lunch in this jovial theme park. And yet, here in amongst all of it, was this table of miserable ponies sat in silence. Eventually Sweetie Belle spoke up: “so, um, I thought we could go ride the Small World one next, sis?”

To her surprise, her big sister replied in an upbeat tone: “sure thing, Sweetie - that sounds wonderful!” Even Rainbow gave her a quizzical look. Thus, as they left the restaurant – with the two fillies chatting excitedly in front – Rarity turned to Rainbow and spoke: “this day means a lot to the little things. We can’t let a silly feud with Applejack jeopardise their happiness today.”

Rainbow Dash nodded but added: “yeah sure. But when it comes to the ‘small world’ ride I have a ‘small’ issue.”

“Oh? And what’s that?”

“It sucks!” But Rarity laughed off the pegasus’ protest as she ushered her friend into the queue, and soon enough the foursome were off on their boat ride accompanied by that memorable tune. The fillies sat restlessly, pointing out various sights along the way and taking pictures and selfies with each other. “Uuuuggh!” Rainbow moaned in boredom, dragging her hooves down her eyelids as Rarity giggled next to her and snatched Scootaloo’s camera to take a selfie with Rainbow.

Meanwhile, Applejack and Apple Bloom had ridden Splash Mountain over and over again, and after shaking themselves dry they had headed over to the Carousel behind the castle, over in Fantasyland. This carousel comprised creatures of all sorts, but mostly well-decorated soldier stallions and chariots. As they sat riding up and down in their circular track, Applejack suddenly caught sight of a rider a few places in front of her; the stallion she rode on had a mane which reminded her strongly of Rarity’s own purple locks. Feeling remorse, she looked over to Apple Bloom and sighed. “Apple Bloom, perhaps we should go apologise.”

The little filly looked up with puppy dog eyes, “I wanna join ma friends again, Applejack.”

Applejack nodded and once their ride ended they begun their search for their friends. “Can’t be too hard to find Rainbow Dash in this crowd…” Applejack thought aloud, peering over the pony heads to try and catch a glance of that rainbow tail.

---

It was outside the Haunted Mansion that the six were reunited. Despite an initially-awkward silence, Applejack took her hat off and held it to her chest. “I’m sorry y’all, I’m sorry for how we done acted. It weren’t right and we got ourselves carried away. We won’t do anything foolish again.”

After a brief silence, the six of them hugged each other in a sweet embrace. Their moment was abruptly ended when a horrific evil laugh echoed from behind them. “Please keep your party moving by dragging your bodies along the queue area!” The ghoulish Cast Member had caught them off-guard and they laughed after being initially shocked. Scootaloo, meanwhile, was beginning to get very anxious indeed, so nervous that it didn’t take long for her protective idol Rainbow Dash to notice.

“Scootaloo, there’s nothing to be afraid of.”

“Erm, except the axe-wielding brides and skeletons we read about in our treehouse?!”

Rainbow laughed nervously as she took the filly under her wing. “Okay so maybe there is something that somepony may be afraid of. But you’re a strong filly and I’m here with you. Look, if you’re scared you can hide behind my feathers.” The little filly poked her head out from the sky-blue pegasus’ wing and nodded, before nestling back alongside Rainbow’s flank. Applejack and Rarity exchanged smiles at the heartwarming sight, and presently their journey into the gothic manor commenced.

“Now that wasn’t so bad, was it Scootaloo?”Sweetie Belle asked her friend as they exited the ride.

“Erm, yeah except for that delay when Rainbow and I got stuck right in front of that moving coffin!” Scootaloo protested, but then laughed. “I guess you just have to laugh, right?” Sweetie Belle snickered as the three fillies led the way towards the spinning teacups ride.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash were chatting away about the beauty of the ride they’d just been on, how it was an endearing classic, when Applejack stopped to buy a candy apple. “I’m telling y’all, it’s the most imaginative ride they've ever built!” Applejack exclaimed as the vendor produced the candy apple for her. “Boy howdy, ain’t this a fine-lookin’ thing!” She bit into it gleefully, and chomped loudly at the hard shell whilst Rainbow shook her head with a smirk.

“I could really do with some water,” Rainbow said to herself as she wiped her brow, and turning to the vendor she was disappointed to discover that they were temporarily out of bottled still water. She stuck her tongue out emphatically at the vendor when he offered sparkling water, and Applejack couldn’t keep her giggles in as she dragged her friend away from the cart. At Sweetie Belle’s suggestion, Rainbow flew on ahead to check the line for the teacups, and came back shortly after, panting from the heat. “Line’s not that long, we can totally do it before Space Mountain I guess…and it’s shady!”
Rainbow was about to reach another water cart, however, when Scootaloo dragged her to catch up with the others; they reached the tea cups and each sisters pair boarded their own cup. They cheered and shrieked in joy as they were sent spiralling and spinning around the tent, nearly crashing into other ponies’ cups as they all swung around the giant central teapot. Sweetie Belle and Rarity were steering like there was no tomorrow, sending their cup spinning so fast to the sounds of Rarity’s screams of excitement. It all got too much for the little unicorn filly though, for she turned green and Rarity was forced to slow their cup right down until they sat spinning slowly around whilst Sweetie recovered her composure. Scootaloo was finding the sensation exhilarating, but thirsty Rainbow was so parched, the sight of a teacup made her lick her lips.

“This is so cool!” Scootaloo exclaimed.

Rainbow raised an eyebrow, “it’s fun, but it’s nothing compared to what I went through on that Dizzitron at the Wonderbolts Aca..” she broke off midsentence as she appeared to hold her breath for a moment.

“Um, Rainbow Dash?” Scootaloo poked the sky-blue pegasus apprehensively.

Rainbow shook her head, “sorry squirt. What was I saying? Oh, spinning around…here we go…” and she began to lazily steer their cup around some more. Scootaloo looked suspiciously at the rainbow-maned pegasus as their ride came to a stop. The six convened at the exit and excitedly told each other how they’d enjoyed it.

“I was not sick!”

“Was too - I saw you, Sweetie Belle!” Apple Bloom laughed, taunting her friend.

“Quit it, everyone gets dizzy on that! Anyway, I thought for our next ride we could-“

Sweetie Belle was cut off again as Rainbow Dash suddenly groaned and slumped down onto her back legs. “My head hurts” she complained, as Applejack put her hoof to Rainbow’s forehead.

“Sweet Celestia, Rainbow’s burnin’ up!” The others gasped as Applejack took her hat off and began fanning Rainbow with it. The delirious Rainbow offered a faint smile, before gesturing to her open mouth. Applejack thought she wanted her to look inside it, but then realised she wanted a drink desperately. She gave Apple Bloom some bits and the filly came running back shortly with some cool water; Rainbow drank it gratefully, but Applejack laid her down on a shaded bench under a tree. “I think she may have caught heatstroke,” the farmpony mused.

Rarity stroked her chin. “She must’ve been flying too close to the sun all day!”

Scootaloo chuckled, “she’s not Icarus, Rarity…” she remembered well the ancient myth of the young colt Icarus and his father Daedalus.

“No, but she won’t have helped herself” Rarity pointed out, “but I do have some medicine I packed with me.” She rummaged around in her bag and produced some aspirin. Rainbow swallowed the pill with some water as Applejack turned to face the others.

“You folks all go on ahead, go do the Buzz ride – we’ll meet y’all by the Speedway in a little bit.”

The others reluctantly agreed to split up once again, as Rarity gave Applejack a rather unappreciative look for being left with the three kids. Applejack turned to Rainbow and spoke gently: “That pill might make you drowsy - sleepy even, so I’ll take y'all on a nice ride now where it’ll be air-conditioned, you can cool down and recover.” Rainbow nodded slowly as she lifted herself up from the bench, and followed Applejack wearily to the Winnie the Pooh ride.

---

The CMCs led Rarity excitedly to the Buzz Lightyear ride, arguing over who was going to get the highest score on this shooter adventure. Scootaloo was insisting that she would win, “remember when we used to go to the fair and practice at the shooting gallery, when we were trying to discover our cutie-marks? I would always win, Apple Bloom!”

“No you didn't! I had the best shot, every time!” Apple Bloom protested. Rarity rolled her eyes and heaved a heavy groan as they edged their way through the queue, shuffling until they eventually boarded their cars; Rarity took her sister Sweetie Belle behind Scootaloo and Apple Bloom’s car. As they made their way through the shooting course, they fired their lasers rapidly at the various targets that popped up along the way. “No fair, ma gun’s jamming!” Apple Bloom protested, but Scootaloo simply laughed it off next to her. They became so engrossed in their element, completely focused on trying to beat the other two, and ignoring any external factors. The little fillies stretched their worn-out hooves at the end and proudly told each other their scores as their vehicles headed to the unloading bay.

“74,200 – ain’t no way anypony is beating that!” Sweetie Belle declared.

“Oh yeah? I got 77,500 – so there!” Scootaloo said with a beaming smile.

Apple Bloom looked down, “well I got 59,100…my gun was quittin’ on me!”

“Heh, looks like I’m still resident galactic hero here,” Scootaloo said proudly.

“Yay, well done...” Sweetie Belle said unenthusiastically, turning her head slightly to see Rarity’s scoreboard. “WHAT IN EQUESTRIA?!”

“What is it, Sweetie Belle?” Scootaloo turned her head along with Apple Bloom.

“Rarity got 126,300!”

“Oh my Lord!” Apple Bloom cried, as Scootaloo sat open-mouthed.

Rarity sat cross-hoofed and said calmly to the fillies, “Come along now, help each other out onto the platform.”

As they headed out of the attraction Sweetie Belle confronted her sister. “Sis, how did you.. I-I mean, since when were you so good at that?!”

Rarity blushed. “Beginner’s luck, deary! Now let’s go find Applejack and see how poor Rainbow is feeling! Come on, girls.” They headed to the meeting point outside the Speedway racetrack: this was a fun attraction simulating a driving race with self-controlled guided karts – it was very popular with the colts and fillies, and many a bored parent could be seen alongside the young drivers eagerly putting their hoof on the gas. Rainbow Dash was standing upright, but she seemed a bit tired. Applejack was next to her, and the two waved to Rarity and the fillies as they approached. They waited for almost half an hour to ride, and when they did, it was almost as fun as the fillies had hoped…almost. Just like in the Applewood Derby, the big sisters insisted on taking the wheel! Apple Bloom was screaming her annoyance at her sister for driving too slow; she was holding up everyone behind her!

“Ugh, not this again!” Apple Bloom buried her humiliated face in her hooves as drivers all around them voiced their displeasure. However, poor Scootaloo was given a scare when sleepy Rainbow Dash fell asleep at the wheel, sending the car to one side unpredictably with her hoof still on the pedal. Desperately, Scootaloo climbed onto Rainbow’s lap and tried steering as best she could, when Sweetie Belle pulled up alongside her with Rarity.

“Hahaha! How’s it going, Scootaloo?” she laughed at the funny sight to her side, as Scootaloo frantically steered the kart.

“Ugh! The darn thing is so hard to steer cos of the guide-rail in the middle!” She complained, as Rarity couldn’t help but giggle – but the giggles were soon silenced when Scootaloo managed to steer herself back into the centre and overtook them rapidly. She turned back ecstatically to find Applejack and Rarity pull up slowly behind her. “I won?! I won, I won, I won!” The cheering filly startled Rainbow Dash awake, who looked around and saw what had happened.

“Aww yeaaah - you go, Scootaloo!” Rainbow cheered, before slumping back in her seat looking very relaxed.

Once they’d disembarked, Sweetie Belle pointed to Space Mountain: “right, the crowds are thinning out, so I think it’s time to-“

“Uh, finally!” Rainbow said, flapping slowly above them with a yawn. The sun was now beginning to set, and the great throngs of people were indeed starting to filter out. The six ponies made their way to the futuristic structure, joining a long line of ponies. They reached the height-restriction check and a dark blue Cast Member pegasus with a white-and-gold mane stopped them.

“Sorry” he said, “I’m afraid you’re too short to ride this one, little filly.” He looked down at Scootaloo, but Rainbow Dash advanced on him and he was left staring deep into her eyes, beyond them even... “Uh, okay okay…I guess it can be really narrow measurements. Enjoy the ride…” And with that, the six ponies proceeded to the loading area.

“Thanks, Rainbow” Scootaloo said, as the sky-blue pegasus put a hoof on her shoulder.

“Don’t mention it” she replied with a loud yawn. There were six ponies per rocket, and so the Cast Member directed them to one and they presently boarded rocket #17. As a thank-you for planning the day out for them all, they elected for Sweetie Belle to sit in the front of this coaster, and she was delighted! She pulled down her lap bar and beamed as the rocket turned a corner into the lift hill.

“How’s everypony doin?” Applejack yelled over the noise, and she gave a “yee-haw!” as the rocket began its descent into the darkness of ‘space’. They had a wild ride and enjoyed every minute of it – the fillies loved the sensation at such a high speed, not knowing where the next turn in track would take them!

Once they unloaded and went over to the photo-booth to see the on-ride pictures, Apple Bloom pointed out their one on a display screen. “There!” The picture showed the six riders: Sweetie Belle looking absolutely terrified at the front, Scootaloo throwing her arms up in excitement, Apple Bloom holding onto her bow nervously, Rarity and Applejack screaming their heads off, and Rainbow Dash snoring fast asleep at the back. The group laughed as they saw all the funny faces, and guided a weary Rainbow out of the gift shop - but not until Scootaloo had gone to purchase the photo as a souvenir. Rarity had been horrified by some of the astronaut costumes on offer, commenting on ‘how much better’ she would have designed them; Applejack rolled her eyes at this, and with their day having come to an end in the Magic Kingdom, they headed for the park exit.

---

The six ponies were sitting on the monorail heading out of the park. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were both tuckered out from an exciting day, and managed to sneak in a little nap as the monorail headed around the lagoon. Rainbow Dash, on the other hand, was beginning to come around having recovered from her case of heatstroke. “Hey!” she exclaimed, “where are we going, by Tartarus?!” Applejack sniggered but Rarity put a hoof on Rainbow’s shoulder.

“We have a dinner at the Polynesian Resort later - remember, Rainbow Dash?” Rarity asked soothingly.

“What? What about Space Mountain, we never rode Space Mountain!”

Upon hearing this, Scootaloo leapt up and went over to Rainbow. “Oh yes we did,” and trying not to giggle, she produced the on-ride photograph from her gift bag.

Rainbow rubbed her eyes and looked at the pic intently.“Oh come on” she moaned, and shaking her head the others simply laughed happily together. �ھ��

Comments ( 8 )

I hope you do a chapter for Epcot, Animal Kingdom and MGM(I refuse to call it Hollywood) Studios too!

8686859
I also call it MGM haha :raritywink: Well I'd like to do other chapters, depending on how this goes!

Nice work on this! I'd sure love to see the CMC and their sisters enjoy Fantasmic!

This is awesome! I can't get enough Disney and MLP crossover stuff, especially when its the ponies visiting WDW. MORE PLEASE!!!

8734731
Thanks so much for reading, pal :twilightsmile: Which park is your favourite?

8735258
Personally, EPCOT is my favorite. I guess its the ideals that it exudes, being a permeant world's fair, and a glimpse into what we could be in the future. Plus, you can't wrong with its full name, E.P.C.O.T., the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.

8746073
Hehe perhaps they'll head to Epcot next. ^^

This was outright amazing. Hope you eventually write sequels to this featuring the other parks!

Login or register to comment