• Published 2nd Feb 2018
  • 2,139 Views, 63 Comments

A Great and Powerful Love Story - DragonMaster24921



Shuffle Suite, a softly outspoken boy is about to enroll into Canterlot High. His life will soon be turned upside down when he meets a certain stage magician then things really get turned up for the teen. Shenanigans will ensue

  • ...
6
 63
 2,139

First day at CHS Part. 1

Shuffle rose from his bed, heading straight to the bathroom for his usual morning routine. The last two days of summer had come and gone, and today would be the beginning of either hell on earth or a long, boring stretch of time between now and the graduation. Shuffle grabbed his bag of supplies, his phone, and iPod and went down to the living room and sat on the couch, having a good thirty minutes until his bus arrived. Shuffle sat there in silence, save for his music in his headphones.

T’was the apex of dawn and the sun started rising in the sky when the bus pulled up to Shuffle’s house and waited. Shuffle got up, went outside his home and locked the door, since his mother was still asleep, and headed towards his new school.

Upon entering, Shuffle gave the bus driver his information and the required papers and sat down in one of the first seats, which oddly enough were almost barren, but the back was filled to the brim with other kids talking amongst themselves or was just flat asleep. The bus ride was uneventful, to say the least. As it pulled into the bus area of CHS everyone got off, some running to their groups of friends and others towards the gym to wait for the first bell.

Shuffle entered through the front, heading straight for the office, since he missed the open house from the night prior and didn't pick up his schedule, his head bobbing in time with his music for a few minutes, until he reached the office. Taking off his headphones and turning them off, he knocked on the door.

A few seconds pass until the door is opened by a middle-aged woman with pale skin and so many colors in her hair it was absolutely absurd. “Whoever did that dye-job really needs a raise and recognition.” Shuffle thought.

Shuffle cleared his throat, “I'm looking for Principal Celestia.” he started.

The woman gave a second to process what was said; it was early, neither of them was fully awake.

“That’s who I would be, and might I ask who you are? I don't recognize you,” she replied.

Shuffle gave a chuckle as he scratched the back of his head. “I'm Shuffle Suite, I was supposed to transfer from Vanhoover High, I meant to come last night, but to be honest, I flat out forgot.”

“Excellent; I was worried when you didn't show up last night since most of the new students did. I'm hoping this won't be a recurring thing, Mr. Suite?”

Shuffle shook his head.

“Good, if you could follow me I'll give you your schedule and have a student show you around our wonderful school.” Celestia finished typing, turning about and heading back into her office, Shuffle in tow.

Celestia went to one of the filing cabinets behind her desk. Opening one, she pulled out a sheet of paper and handed it to Shuffle.

“If you want Mr. Suite, wait outside and I will have Ms. Shimmer give you a tour around the school.”

Shuffle, too engrossed in reading his schedule, refused the help.

“Half of the mystery at a new school is exploring it yourself, it's appreciated but I can manage on my own, but thank you.”

“I understand. If you need any help, just come by my office, have a good day and welcome to CHS.”

Shuffle promptly left his new principal’s off and walked off in a random direction. “Time to explore,” he said aloud, walking along the hallway looking for his first class.

Turning about a corner, too consumed by his schedule, he didn't notice someone walking around the opposite end; the two knocked into each other, causing both to fall.

“Agh! Watch where you're going, or you're going to face the wrath of the Great and Powerful Trixie!” the girl exclaimed.

Shuffle got up from the fall. “Ow, holy crap that hurt.” Shuffle rubbed the back of his head trying to dull the pain. A few seconds pass and Shuffle offers a hand towards the fallen magician.

“Sorry about that, I was trying to figure out where I was going.” Shuffle said quietly as he pulled her to her feet.

“Trixie has the mind to give you a good tongue lashing for knocking her down, but, since your acting like a gentleman, you earn a pass from her wrath, and as a way of showing how GENEROUS Trixie is, she will assist you with finding your first class location, now release your schedule to Trixie so she can help.” Trixie extended her hand and swiped the paper in Shuffle’s hands.

Reading the schedule carefully, Trixie took out another paper; she noticed her and this boy had three classes together.

“Lucky you, you have Chemistry with Trixie as your first period,” She walked past the boy, still holding his schedule. “You just follow Trixie and she will escort you to your first class.”

Shuffle sighed in resignation. It seemed like this Trixie’s “Generosity” was going to be more of a hassle than helpful. “Lead on,” he said as the pair set off towards their first class.

After walking almost across the school, the first-period bell rang and students started dispersing to their destinations. Shuffle kept an eye on Trixie, making sure he didn't lose her in the crowd.

Shuffle caught up to her a few seconds later, realizing something. “You said you were The Great and Powerful Trixie right?” Trixie let out a haughty laugh.

“There is only one Great and Powerful Trixie, and I am she! Why, do you know about her exploits?” Trixie inquired to counter the boy's question.

“Well, it's not that I’ve heard about you, but I was at your magic show at the Canterlot Civic Center, and it was actually impressive in my opinion.” Shuffle muses.

Trixie beamed at the praise. “What part about my act did you like the most? Was it me showing up that meathead, or was it how Trixie looked? Some boys usually come to see her show with the thoughts Trixie will be dressed in some kind of scantily clad outfit.” Shuffle noticed her tone got harsh with the second response.

“No, I promise you, I was there because my mother dragged me along; what I found interesting was your spider bit, how did you train it not only to move as swiftly as it did but not to bite or poison you?”

Trixie let out another haughty laugh. “A magician as Grand and Powerful as myself has her ways, besides Greg is such a nice Tarantula he wouldn't hurt a fly… pun aside.”

As if on cue a silver-haired boy ran past the two screaming in terror. “GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!” the boy was moving at such a rapid rate he promptly smashed into the locker, knocking himself unconscious.

Shuffle stood there in a stupor. “Is that normal?” Shuffle asked Trixie, as she palmed her forehead, walking towards the unconscious boy.

“For Soul here, being attacked by spiders, it’s almost common for him.” Trixie didn't even hesitate in picking up the massive spider; just from a few feet away Shuffle could tell it was fully grown.

Trixie came back as the spider climbed up her shoulder and rested itself comfortably there. “Don't worry, he won't jump on you unless you're obviously afraid of him, I’ll give him to Fluttershy after class.”

“What about the boy, shouldn't we take him to the nurse's office?” Trixie took a second and pulled out her phone, faster than Shuffle could even blink, the phone was put away again. “Don't worry, his girlfriend will be by soon and get him.” Shuffle shrugged and moved into the classroom, Trixie following close behind.

The room was already populated by other students either by talking to others or sitting down trying to wake up. Shuffle took a seat in the back, left of the room’s lab tables. Most of the student didn't notice him walk in, but the scarce few that did paid him no mind.

A few minutes pass before the teacher walked into the room, she was middle-aged with her body in a bit of a large size, but she was incredibly toned, she was red/purple color, along with her crimson hair, which oddly enough was stuck In what looked like a permanent Mohawk, giving her an intimidating look. But the strangest thing was her eyes, they were a deep teal color, which coupled starkly with a constant look of domination on her face, and Shuffle could there were signs of a scar on her right eye.

“Good morning class, my name is Tempest Shadow, and I will be your Chemistry teacher this year.” She began as she made her way across the room to the desk, leaning against it.

“Since today is the first day, we will go around introducing ourselves, it will help me remember your faces for future reference, starting from the row on the left to the right you will introduce yourself and say something about yourself.” Tempest pointed at the girl sitting in the first seat in front of her “You first.”

The girl was had pink hair and her complexion was almost golden, she took a second to clear her throat before speaking, “…Hello, my name is Fluttershy, and I like tending to my animals, and I volunteer at the local shelter,” she said quickly and almost too silently for Shuffle to catch, and he was only four chairs away! Tempest nodded in approval as the girl smiled and sat down again. The other students continued the train of introductions until it was Shuffle’s turn. Shuffle stood beside his desk and began his introduction.

“Hello, my name is Shuffle Suite, and I just recently moved to Canterlot.” Shuffle sat back down almost immediately, to the confusion of Tempest and classmates.

“Do you not have any hobbies?” A blue-haired boy asked.

“I do, but honestly, I don’t really do much, anyway” Shuffle retorted back, promptly making the other boy quiet back down. The introductions continued seamlessly, beyond Trixie almost taking up ten minutes of everyone’s time talking about herself.

“Yup, she’s one of THOSE girls, full of herself, but at least she isn't an absolute bitch.” Shuffle thought as she was told repeatedly by Ms. Shadow to sit back down, but continued her boastful speech anyway, at least until Ms. Shadow swiftly glided across the room, telling Trixie one more time to sit down, speaking right in her face, which Trixie actually did, even though Shuffle could tell Trixie was mad for being cut off.

By the time introductions were finished, the class was set to end, so Ms. Shadow had given them their chemistry textbooks. The bell rang not a minute after she finished and everyone up and left quickly. Shuffle was the last to leave, able to sneak away from Trixie since he had to go to his locker and put up his book.

With that done, Shuffle pulled out his map and made his way to his next class.

The morning classes had come and gone, nothing exciting happening beyond getting an earful from Trixie how her great and powerful Generosity was being thrown back in her face, even though Shuffle just tried to explain he just walked to his locker, but as usual Trixie didn't hear a word and stormed away. “So much for that…” Shuffle said aloud as he entered the cafeteria.

The place was jam-packed with students eating or chatting about their day. Shuffle made his way to a random table with only a few people at it. He sat down and pulled out his bag lunch; after about five minutes, another boy came around sitting across from Shuffle.

“Hello.” The teen said.

Shuffle, lost in his own world, ignored him, so the boy touched Shuffle’s shoulder. He turned suddenly at the physical contact, his eyes quickly locking onto the opposing boy. The boy sat there, frozen. “Can I help you?” Shuffle said, mildly irritated from being disturbed.

“I was just...going….to…” the boy began but Shuffle could Tell why the boy stopped talking: he noticed his two different irises. Shuffle got up and left quickly, wanting to be away from another possible confrontation. Meanwhile, the other boy watched him leave, confused as another friend had approached the table.

“Hey Artemis, how’s it hanging?” Zero asked as he sat down. Artemis sat for a minute trying to piece together what happened, not noticing Zero saying anything. A few moments passed before Zero poked Artemis in the face, which resulted in a slap to the hand.

“Ow, the hell dude?” Zero started, but Artemis didn't respond for almost a minute, then he turned to Zero.

“Sorry, there was a new kid and he caught me off guard, Zero.”

“Well, the school year did just start, so it wouldn't be unheard of for someone sitting at our table without an invitation.”

“That's the thing, do you remember that one boy Soul talked to at Sugarcube?”

Zero winced, remembering that day, he had tried to shadow Shuffle after he left Sugarcube, but somehow he had evaded Zero, even after taking to a roof to try and spot the boy, he still escaped. “Yeah, what about him?”

“He’s here…”

“REALLY?!? How can you tell dude?”

Artemis took a second to think. “I just remember seeing the one eye look right at us when we were watching Soul and him talk after you got us caught Zero. I noticed for a split second that there was something wrong with his face, but it wasn't his face, it was his eyes.”

Zero sat there, processing what Artemis had said. On one hand, he was excited at the concept of finding another guy like him, but the whole “insulting his friends’ kindness” thing was not a simple thing to be forgotten. Zero took a breath and responded, “Do you think we should tell the others?”

Artemis shook his head. “No, if he wanted to talk to us, let him do it on his own; for now, let's just enjoy lunch and we will keep an eye out for him.” Artemis grabbed his food and started eating, ending the conversation there. Zero followed his example, and the two talked about their day.

Shuffle finally slowed his pace by having to make his quick escape from the Cafeteria, his heart beating from the sudden exercise. “Why, why was I born like this?” He groaned as he slid down a wall.

A few minutes passed as he sat there, just... sitting. This day was going fine, up until that boy. It's always halfway through the day something happens. Shuffle took a few more minutes to collect himself before he was surprised by the bell ringing directly over him. Shuffle got up and slowly collected himself from his little moment.

“Well, halfway through the day and no one noticed my eye, now that someone HAS seen it, it won't be long until the rumors start... what else is going to happen?” he said a little too loudly, drawing a few looks from the students walking by. He cleared his throat, apologized and headed to his next class.

Another two lifeless classes pass by, with more stares from the students; the small commotion that Shuffle caused after lunch had earned him more looks. Shuffle made sure the glances were circumvented from his face as he quickly made his way to his final class for the day, Gym.

The gym was easy to find since it was near the east side of the school. Shuffle entered it and sat at the bottom of the bleachers, waiting for the teacher to show up; Shuffle noticed that a lot of the teachers are the last to show up to each of his classes, but it must be a first-day thing so it should continue. As he finished his thought a man came booming out of the gym office.

The dude was HUGE; his entire chest was muscled in such a way that it was disproportionate to his legs, which looked like they haven't grown since his teens, and that was a long time ago, considering he was already getting gray hair, but he didn't have a wrinkle on his face.

“Alright Ladies, Welcome to your senior year Gym class, for all you maggots who don't know who I am, I am Iron Will, your gym teacher. If any of you think you're in the gym to have an easy time… YOU ARE WRONG!” Iron Will slammed his clipboard on his knee menacingly.

“Now today, since it's the first day, you all will be running five laps around the court and I will be tuning each and every one of you. NOW, LINE UP!” Iron Will blew a whistle, which let out a shrill screech as the entire class lined up on the far right side of the court. He whistles again after a few seconds, and most of the class shoot off, only a few lagged behind jogging, whilst Shuffle just walked. Iron Will did not like this.

“COME ON CARD BOY, PICK UP THE PACE!” Shuffle gave the gym teacher a tired look and continued walking to slowly finish his first lap, while others had been on their third or fourth. Shuffle noticed two girls racing around the court, one blonde and the other oddly enough had rainbow hair, both were already sweaty from their impromptu race.

He continued his stroll, much to the chagrin of Iron Will. Some students groaned in annoyance as the teen finally finished, while the others sighed in relief that their wait was over. Shuffle went and sat down away from the class, waiting for Iron Will to announce the next activity. Will pinched the bridge of his nose, “Okay keep calm, remember your blood pressure.” he said to himself.

Iron Will had grabbed a bag of balls from the office. “Dash, today will be dodgeball; you and Applejack will be captains,” He sat down at a desk, watching his class as the blonde and rainbow-haired girls got up from their seats and stood parallel from each other.

“A’ight applejack, how shall we decide who gets to pick first?” the girl now named Applejack put her hand to her chin before responding.

“How’s about the usual?” she said. The rainbow-haired girl was absolutely beaming as the two drew their hands together.

“1….2….3!” they both said, throwing their fists forward; they were playing rock-paper-scissors. The rainbow-haired girl won and threw her arms up in joy. She took a second to look around the group and pointed at another girl.

“Pinkie, you’re on my side.” She said.

A pink haired girl skipped beside the new captain and the two gave each other a high five.

Applejack took a moment to look around the class before pointing out another random student. “Aria, you're with me.” The girl got up and stood next to Applejack, giving her a fist bump.

This process continued on until it was down to the last three students; Shuffle, and two others. Shuffle turned and walked towards the bleachers and sat down.

“Don't worry about me, just split those two. It’ll be fine, play without me.” Dash and Applejack had decided between the two final students.

“That's odd, I thought Sun…” Dash began to say as the door opens and another student walked in, one that Shuffle recognized on the spot; no matter how far away he was, he would recognize her almost instantly.

Sunset Shimmer had entered the gym, and Shuffle’s day just got even worse.

Author's Note:

this was edited by myself, I was curious if I could do it so I'm posting it. If yall see anything wrong comments are appreciated! I'm having a blast writing this story and hopefully, this train won't stop rolling!