• Published 21st Jan 2018
  • 2,520 Views, 25 Comments

Forgotten Friendship - CJ Esmerio



An alternate/slightly extended version of the 2018 "Equestria Girls" television special. Sunset learns that she's been erased from the memories of her friends, so she does whatever she can to try and figure out what's going on before it's too late.

  • ...
8
 25
 2,520

The End?

Author's Note:

My Little Pony and Equestria Girls belong to Hasbro and DHX Media. Stardust Balance belongs to the Warrior of Twilight

Several Weeks Later

"Aww, come on… seriously?!"

Sunset chuckled quietly as she watched Rainbow become upset about two certain pages in the CHS yearbook, and made her way over to the front of the school, where she saw that Wallflower was finishing up a conversation with -

"Oh, hey, Casey! How's it going out in Equestria?" greeted the mare-turned-human, noting that it had been a while since he had been in this world.

Giving out a sheepish chuckle, Casey gave a friendly wave to the departing (and blushing) Wallflower before answering Sunset's question. "Well, where do I start? There's a Friendship School now, an actual child was sent to Tartarus… oh, and I made a new friend."

For a moment, Sunset found herself speechless at the words Casey had just said, but then, she snapped out of it after hearing what sounded like a more deeper and rougher version of his voice.

Hello, Sunset Shimmer… So nice to finally meet you.

"Wha… who…?" Sunset looked around in confusion, seeing no one else nearby except for themselves. "Was that you?"

Shaking his head for a bit, Casey replied, "It's a long story, Sunset… anywho, I wanted to ask if you had any free time available today to spend back in Equestria? I'm sure 'Princess' Twilight would be happy to see you."

The bacon-haired teenager glanced back over at her group of friends, who were all trying to get Rainbow's mind off of the yearbook, and she nodded her head. "I think I've got some time available today."

"Awesome!" Casey replied, and he followed after her through the portal inside of the Chs base, with everything around them quickly becoming a gigantic swirl.

Then, when it was time for them to step into the library of Princess Twilight, the young and brown-orange stallion said, "I'm getting better at being used to that."

"Same here… almost," agreed a nodding Sunset, rubbing the side of her human-turned-pony head a little, and began to look around. "So, where is Twilight?"

"Let me see if she's at the school," replied Casey, with the young pony heading out of the room whilst Sunset continued to walk around.

Huh, wonder what book this is for, thought Sunset when her eyes became curious with a purple-colored book that had a familiar symbol on the front cover.

Before she could answer herself, the yellow unicorn heard a voice nearby say, "You wouldn't be interested in what's in there. Trust me."

Sunset turned around, and she became surprised to see a slighly older-looking Earth pony with gold as the color of its fur, as well as a dark blue cloak. He had just finished putting away a book back in its proper place, and a very small smirk was on his face.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't see you over there…" apologized Sunset, giving him a sheepish smile. "Hi, I'm -"

Nodding his head back to the doors of the library, the gold pony replied, "Yeah, they've all told me what you do in the world that's supposed to be Earth… anyway, it's nice to finally meet you."

Before Sunset could ask him for a name, the doors were suddenly opened wide, followed by an excited squee that came from a certain pink Earth pony.

"Hey, Sunset! Welcome back to Equestria! Wow, you've missed a lot since that day you turned into a hot Phoenix. Come on, let me show you… and wait 'till you see Spike's new wings!"

"Pinkie, I was - gah!" exclaimed Sunset, who was now being yanked away by Pinkie, and she gave the chuckling gold Earth pony a small wave before becoming out of sight.

Heh… nice meeting you, too…

Suddenly, his thoughts were cut short by a familar unicorn's voice. "I saw what was going on there, Stardust."

"What… hey, Glimmer, surprising whoever is in here from coming out of nowhere is my job," replied Stardust, now bearing a small frown of irritation towards the lilac unicorn. "And I think you're out of your mind cause there wasn't anything for you to see."

"Right, Stardust… if that's what makes you feel better," replied Starlight in a casual tone, but also trying her best to avoid grinning too much.

That simply prompted Stardust to roll his eyes, and begin to make his way out of the library whilst Starlight just chuckled softly before glancing at the book that had caught Sunset's eye earlier.

Using her magic, the young unicorn opened it up and flipped over to the latest page that contained writing, which bore a warning-like message from a Princess Twilight in a parallel universe.

If we don't stop it, then both of our worlds will be in utter peril… everyone must be united.

Starlight let out a sigh, knowing that what was being asked by Princess Twilight was not an easy task… and to possibly make matters worse, she could feel inside herself that the end of something would be coming to Equestria…

I just hope that we'll have enough time, thought the lilac pony, before closing up the book and disappearing in a flash of magic.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment