• Published 18th Jan 2018
  • 16,461 Views, 422 Comments

Rise of the Harmony Kingdom - cornholio4



After the fallout in the Canterlot Wedding, Twilight ends up overthrowing the Storm King.

  • ...
27
 422
 16,461

Fight with Sombra

The shadow caused dark crystals to be formed in the ground and the shadow assembled himself to the form of a smirking King Sombra. The Crystal Ponies cowered and hid in fear of their feared usurper king. “Nice to see you all my slaves, your king has returned!” King Sombra cackled darkly as he looked around him.

Cadence gathered together Pinkie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Spike into her force field spell. Shining Armor determinedly striked a spell against King Sombra which seemed to have little effect.

Tempest herself was trying to use blasts from her horn to blast at the Crystals. The Crystal managing to break after every few spell. The Equestrians saw that right outside of Cadence’s force field was Skystar who was whistling herself as if waiting for something to happen.

She grinned as she and the others all saw a purple blur flying right out of the tower of the Palace. King Sombra was taken aback as the blur hit him sending him blast.

“A little speeding attack spell I acquired from one of the Lands that we annexed.” said Twilight casually standing on the ground looking at King Sombra grumbling as he got himself up and holding the Crystal Heart with her telekinesis. The Equestrians were shocked to see that Twilight was without her cloak (left at the Palace before she flew out) and saw that she clearly had wings.

.....I told you so, I told you so...” Skystar gloated the others in an uncharacteristic sing song voice. They were too shocked to make any sort of response.

“King Sombra, is it? Let me introduce myself; I am Queen Twilight Sparkle the founder and monarch of the Harmony Empire. It’s my job to look out for my lands as well as take care of evil tyrants like you and then I either annex the tyrants’ land or put someone good in charge. I am here now to tell you that I will be accepting your surrender.” Twilight told in an incredibly casual voice with a smirk for the situation that was happening.

“SURRENDER? SURRENDER? I WILL NOT SURRENDER! FOR THIS INSULT, I WILL TEAR YOU APART AND THEN I WILL SEND MY SLAVES AS AN ARMY TO RAVAGE AND DESTROY EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOUR LANDS!!!!!!!!” King Sombra thundered furiously charging at Twilight.

He was then caught in a green circle spell and he seemed to be screaming in agony to the shock of those nearby. “A spell designed to show great discomfort and pain to those born of the shadows like King Sombra.” Tempest explained casually to the Equestrians who shielding their eyes, except for Shining Armor who was angry at the thought of Twilight learning such spells.

“Do you know what will be the worst thing for you Sombra?” Twilight asked King Sombra walking towards the green circle so she could stare at him face to face. “The worst part is that after I am done here freeing the Crystal Empire from your tyrannical rule, I will probably forget all about you. You will just be another name on a long list of tyrants I have beaten, by this time tomorrow I may not spare you another thought. You will remember today as the day that I gave you your final defeat but to me this will just be another normal day.” Twilight taunted him causing Sombra to scream in rage.

Twilight then magically magnified her voice and shouted for the entire kingdom to hear “Listen to me Crystal Ponies, I am Queen Twilight Sparkle of the Harmony Kingdom!!! I have the Crystal Heart but to use its magic I will need your help! Soldiers of the Harmony Guard please help, feel the love in your hearts and use it to power the Crystal Heart!” Twilight shouted through the spell.

The Crystal Ponies then nervously all went out and joined by the Harmony Guard as well as Grubber. They then began focusing on the love of their hearts as Cadence let go of her force field. The Equestrians joined in deciding that Twilight needed their help.

Everyone started glowing and the Crystal Heart flew into the air powered by the magic and let out a magical blast causing everyone to started glowing and sparkle. The Equestrians were astonished and the Crystal Ponies began cheering when they saw King Sombra screaming as he blew up leaving behind his horn.

Twilight went and broke the Horn with her hoof. She then faced Tempest with a smile and told her “you look cute sparkling like that.”

Tempest grunted as she replied “it’s only because you’re my queen that you will get away with saying that!” Twilight smirked as she giggled.

Skystar then excitedly put on some music to celebrate as the Crystal Ponies surrounded Twilight cheering on her.

Twilight then faced the Equestrians and gulped as they then now had the chance to pull her into a hug. After a few minutes they let go and Twilight sighed telling them with a smile “I guess there is no use putting it off anymore, you say we can go to the Palace to talk?”

They wanted to waste no time but felt they could use the time to relax after what happened and calm their nerves. Twilight motioned Skystar, Grubber and Tempest to follow her inside to join them.

They had a lot to go over...

Author's Note:

Next chapter is when things turn sour...