• Published 18th Jan 2018
  • 4,664 Views, 21 Comments

What's left behind - Spacesword16

  • ...
3
 21
 4,664

Truth

“Why didn’t you tell us you were hurt? How did this happen anyway?”


She didn't know what to say. That it was because she went into demon mode and sprouted wings and a tail? That she didn't say anything because she fucking deserved it?

“Let's just say forced transformations hurt.”

She mumbled softly, glancing down as she tried not to wince as her vice principal pressed another bandage onto the now once again opened wounds.


“That doesn't answer my question. If you had told us that you had been hurt we wouldn't have worked you so much.”

Luna retorted, sighing.

“Oh well, it's over. My back wasn't hurting so much until someone decided to push me into a locker.”

Sunset avoided the question, after all she didn't want to have to admit again how she deserved everything that happened to her. After all, how she was being treated wasn't anything different than how she had treated others before.

“And who did that, may I ask?”


She wondered if she should tell. After all, she did deserve it.

“I don't know. It was crowded.”

She knew that she was lying but if Luna noticed, she didn't comment.

“Do you have anyone to call to come get you?”

The vice principal asked instead, noting how Sunset slumped even farther down at the question.

“Well that cat’s out of the proverbial bag. No, I don't. I don't even want to go home so…”

She could practically feel Luna stiffen behind her.

Great, now they are gonna start making a big deal out of nothing! I can live alone!

“So you live alone? How do you pay rent and get necessities?”

Sunset did not feel like answering that, feeling her cheeks flush as she even thought of it.

“Never mind! It's not any of your business and I do fine on my own!”


She practically yelled before hanging her head in embarrassment at her outburst.

“Sorry.”

She expected Luna to be furious or something. Anything but the light snort she heard coming from the dark haired woman.

“If you weren't a teenager I would say it wasn't my business but you're not eighteen and I cannot ignore this in good conscience. Now, you wanna tell me what's going on or do I have to get my sister involved? I've noticed you tend to be rather jumpy around her.”

Sunset felt her jacket being draped around her shoulders then. Covering the back of her ruined shirt. She knew that she would have to answer Luna because she didn't want Celestia involved.

“Fine, I work at a coffee shop enough to get rent and to pay my electric and water, which I rarely use so I can even afford it. Food I either smuggle leftovers from school or sometimes they give me out of date shit from work. Happy now?”



The quiet that filled the room felt as though it would strangle her as she sat there, waiting on her vice principal’s response. After years of being alone she really didn't know what to expect.


“Wait here. I think I know a solution to this that doesn't involve child services but I have a few people I have to discuss this with.”


Leaving Sunset alone with her thoughts, Luna left the room in a hurry.

Now what is gonna happen? These people can't be serious about helping me. I mean look at all the shit I did.