• Published 18th Jan 2018
  • 4,690 Views, 21 Comments

What's left behind - Spacesword16

  • ...
3
 21
 4,690

Prologue (edited)

Author's Note:

So this is my first attempt at writing these characters. I also have this posted on my AO3 and Fanfiction.net accounts and someone on a forum suggested posting it here.

There was no way she could ask the girls for help, not when they were probably only her friends in the first place because of Twilight Sparkle’s final request before returning to Equestria. No, there was no way that they could like her for her. Not even this world’s version of Celestia could ever forgive her.

And she couldn’t blame them.

But as Sunset Shimmer sat there, huddled in the dim, dusty broom closet with her knees drawn to her chest and her back feeling as if it was being ripped apart once again, she couldn’t help but to cry.

Even if she did deserve it.

She could feel the warm, sticky blood dripping down along her back, ruining yet another perfectly good shirt. She stood, removing her jacket before sighing and sitting back down knowing that the blood would clot in a minute.

This is what you get for being so stupid, thinking you could simply put on a crown and become a princess! You have no friends. You worked your tail off learning all that magic and in the end Princess Celestia still never cared about you!

Those words from her nearly-forgotten past only made her cry harder..

I deserve it now after everything that I did but….What did I do to deserve it back then? I was only a kid….filly….trying to please my mother so that maybe for once she would be proud of me, Sunsetthought bitterly, a sob suddenly escaping her throat.

“Stop crying! The princess picked you as her personal student and is going to give our family a lot of money as compensation! You were no good at home anyway! You might make for a good maid in the castle, with all that magic that you claim to know!”

“Please stop,” she mumbled to no one, as if she were speaking directly to the ghosts of her past as she sat there crying. She didn’t even notice that the door had opened, revealing a shocked Vice Principal Luna standing there.

“Sunset Shimmer? What happened? Why are you covered in blood?”