• Published 15th Jan 2018
  • 2,657 Views, 21 Comments

In One Moment - Dreams of Ponies



Moondancer receives an invitation to an event, and by royalty even. The real challenge? Inviting a certain somepony to come along.

  • ...
4
 21
 2,657

The Letter and the Princess

Terrifying. Completely and utterly terrifying. If my hooves could move, I’m irrevocably convinced that I would immediately flee the room.

All around me, they watched with their prying eyes, looking for anything to pick apart. This was essentially their home, after all, and I was perhaps just a passing curiosity. The magnificent gown I wore seemed to magically heat as I averted my eyes, finding the marble floor of the castle much more interesting.

Yes, marble is quite an igneous thing, perhaps I should study rocks more when I’m not in mortal peril.

I suppressed a little chuckle at that; puns were my typical fallback method in the face of mounting anxiety. I was affixed at the first landing between a splitting stairway, using all of my willpower to move one hoof, then the other. My gaze shifted upwards, more to avoid the stares of the formally dressed spectators, but also to peer through the glass dome above. My favorite star twinkled down at me, and with that, I managed a smile.

“Now announcing the guest of honor, Miss—”

Why couldn’t I just stay home with my books…


“And that’s the last of it!”

I placed the last books into a large box that was labeled donations, and magically taped it shut. With a happy sigh, I turned and inspected my living room, and found myself smiling.

“It took a while, but it’s nice to be able to see the floor again.”

Lemon Heart trotted out from the kitchen, wiping away a smudge of dirt with a hoof. “No, kidding, Moony. That only took like what, a week?”

“Three,” I said, ears drooping.

Lemon snorted. “Still worth it. I wonder if Lyra is done with the attic yet? I was hoping to grab a snack after all this.”

I smirked, levitating up a broom that had seen a lot of recent use. “Give me a sec…” With a sharp smack, I thumped the latch in the ceiling with the wooden end. “Wakey wakey!”

“Waaah!”

Thump thump thump went the unicorn.

And thus, I magically conjured a musical magician. “Heya, Lyra.” I bent over and peered into the face of a groaning Lyra. “Have a nice little nap?”

Lyra raised her hoof, her face looking a little greener than usual. “Ah-heh, you caught me.”

My eyes rolled as I reached down and grabbed her hoof, pulling her up. “Did you get any work done up there?”

Lyra chuckled, smiling broadly as she gestured upwards. “After you, She Who Dances Upon the Moon.”

Nickering, I moved past her, trotting up the fold-down staircase into the attic. When I reached the top step, I heard a knock at the front door downstairs. “Could you get that, Lemon? I’ll be down in a second.”

“Sure thing.”

I took a moment to take in the dusty attic. All the books had been boxed or shelved, all boxes had been labeled, and sitting there in the corner…

“You even set up my telescope, Lyra!? That’s…” I stopped as I turned around to see the green unicorn looking up at me with a smirk.

“You’re welcome.”

I smiled and nodded, moving over to brush a hoof gently across the brass knobs. It was positioned just perfectly beneath the large window; it was the ideal location for stargazing.

“Thank you, Lyra,” I said, spinning around and collecting a warm hug from her.

“Hey!” she protested, pushing me away playfully. “Don’t mess up the mane, Moonflanks.”

“What? Do you have something special later on?”

Lyra reddened just slightly. “Yeah, I'm going to this gig at the castle in a week, and well, I want to invite Bon Bon later.”

A wide smile crossed my face as I hugged her once more, despite her protests. “You’ve been talking about that for ages. Congratulations, Lyra.”

“Ah, thanks.” Lyra rubbed one hoof against the other. “Now I just need to get over this massive, crippling stage fright.”

We turned and walked back down the stairs, Lyra in front as we talked.

“You’ve performed how many times and you still get stage fright? How does that work exactly?” I asked.

“Besides the fact that I’m playing for the first Lunar Ball in over a thousand years?” Lyra asked, her brow furrowed. “The fact that Bon Bon will be there, cheering me on, that’s what. And also it’s our first date.” The last part was blurted out at the speed of a sonic rainboom.

Lemon Heart trotted into the hall just as she finished. She had a little twinkle in her eye, a letter held in her mouth. I relieved her of her burden, floating it over as she smiled at us.

“What’s this?” I asked, flipping the paper over to observe a special seal emblazoned on the envelope.

“It’s from the castle, they even had a royal guard deliver it just a moment ago.” There was something in her tone that made me wonder.

“Lemon, what do you know about this?”

“Nothing…” she said, pointedly not meeting my eye.

“Fine.” I broke the seal, a symbol of the sun and moon following each other in perpetuity. “Dear Ms. Moondancer, We have written to inform thee of the upcoming event that We very much wish for thee to attend. The Lunar Ball has not been held in over one thousand years, and for thou to attend would delight Us greatly.”

“Alright, Moony!” Lyra cheered, slugging me on the shoulder.

I continued, my brain beginning to spark and sputter. “One that holds the night in such high regard deserves the same in return. It is thus that We invite thee to hold the first dance at this time next week.”

“Moony? Dance? I’ve got to see this,” Lyra chirped, then there was a heavy thud. “Ow! Lemon, that hurt!”

Then I read the last bit. “Please make sure to invite somepony as thy partner, as the traditional music is done in pairs.”

“Soooo.” Lemon Heart poked me in the side. “Who’s the lucky pony?”

“What?” I blinked, pulling the letter away from my face.

“Yeah, a partner. You’re going, right? You’ll have pick a special somepony!”

My mouth became an impromptu fly catcher as Lyra pulled Lemon close to her. Lemon Heart gave a soft eep as Lyra spoke.

“How bout you take sour puss here; I’m sure she’ll love to keep you company.”

Lemon Heart gave Lyra a shove, scowling at the musician before turning to me. “Not that I wouldn’t enjoy it, Moondancer, but I’m already helping in the palace kitchen. Maybe you could ask Twi—”

“N-no!” My face was beet red as I looked back down at the letter, an easy excuse to avoid eye contact. “I mean… I’m sure she’s busy with stuff and well…”

“Just write her a letter, Moony.” Lemon Heart smiled and put her hoof on my shoulder. “I’m sure she’d be happy to come.”

“Pfft.” Lyra smirked as she shook her head. “Twilight gets so many letters, it’s ridiculous.” She stepped close to me, so much so that our horns touched, sparking a little. “The only way is to go there yourself, Moondancer. Oh!” Lyra’s face lit up. “And make sure to guilt trip her about your party, that’ll do it!”

I buried my face further into Princess Luna’s letter, my hooves burning with embarrassment. “I… I…” Lyra and Lemon Heart stood next to each other, beaming and nodding towards me. I slumped in defeat. “Fine.”


I slowly walked down the grand stairs, the nobles all watching and waiting for something, or somepony to appear. The large, moon-etched floor stretched out before me, a large open area of which the Canterlot Elite stood just outside.

Is this what being a stage magician feel like?

Then, one by one, heads looked upwards. My own gaze was drawn in the same direction, just before a shimmering sound called from above. There, falling from the glass ceiling, was a shadowy sphere of star-filled magic. It fell slowly, serenely, until it touched down right in front of me. Upon reaching the marble floor, it melted into the magnificent form of Princess Luna—the smiling alicorn winked at me before turning around.

“Good evening, fillies and gentlecolts, and welcome to the first Lunar Ball in over a thousand years!”

Her voice vibrated through the entire room, royal and definite. The Canterlot ponies bowed as one, many of them falling over in their haste. I moved to do the same as Princess Luna turned, and was stopped as she held a wing out to my chin.

“Neigh, maiden of the stars, for thou art Our guest on this greatest of nights.”

I gasped as she pulled me close to her, breaking almost every book on protocol I’d ever read. Her deep azure coat was soft and blessedly warm in the cool castle air.

After she released me, I took a deep breath to compose myself. “T-thank you, Your Highness. I’m honored to be here.”

Princess Luna smiled appreciatively. “One who has such dedication to the night shalt not go unappreciated.” Then she stopped, her eyes searching behind me. “Where is Princess Twilight? Didst thou not seek the accompaniment of the star-adorned book fiend?”

It took quite a bit to stifle my laughter, but I managed it somehow. Still, I had to ask, “H-how did you know who I was inviting, Princess?”

Giving me a flat look, Princess Luna answered, “Who is it that patrols thy dreams? That knowest thy greatest fears… and desires?”

I gulped, a trickle of sweat moving down my mane. “Um… she’s suppose to meet me here. I suppose she…”

The grand hall went quiet, just before a trumpet blared. “Now introducing, the Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle.”


The horn of the Ponyville Express sounded once more as I departed towards the middle of Ponyville. I’d gotten instructions from Lyra on exactly how to get to Twilight’s castle—Lyra’s way of making sure I didn’t have an excuse.

You can do it, Moondancer. Don’t chicken out now!

I stopped in the middle of the street, raised my hooves, and smacked both sides of my face. Terribly dramatic freakout postponed, I moved towards the huge, crystallized castle that was spottable from anywhere this side of Canterlot. Ponies waved as I passed, smiling at me like I was an old friend. I came to a standstill for a moment as a buzzing pair of wings whisked by me, an orange-colored pegasus on a scooter soaring past me. I waved, and she waved back, smiling like she didn’t have a care in the world.

Hmm. Friendly town, I guess?

A few minutes later, and I was at the front door. The thing was huge, with elegant detail and for some reason, not a guard in sight. I stood there for a long moment, hoof poised just in front of the door.

Just knock, darn you!

An unknown amount of time passed before a voice called out to me. “Well, you gonna knock or what?”

“Waaah!” I nearly fell over in surprise as a walking bag of groceries seemed to have teleported right next to me. A little head poked out from one side, purple scales and green spikes being the first features that I recognized.

“It’s Spike, isn’t it?”

The young dragon turned his head, looking down the length of his short tail, then turned back and nodded. “Yeah, I think so,” he chuckled before gesturing inside with a nod. “Anyway, Twilight’s in the library… because of course she is. Come on in, Moondancer.”

I blinked momentarily. “You remember me?”

“If I’ve written a name on a list at one point or another, it’s a lot harder to forget it.” Spike walked inside after pushing open the door with his tail.

“That makes sense, I guess?” I followed, closing the door behind me with a touch of magic.

The interior was clean, orderly, and well… shiny. We trotted down a long corridor before turning into an enormous library. Piles of books lay stacked upon tables, chairs, and even on the floor, mostly congregating near a passionately working purple princess.

“Ugh, she’s on another studying binge. Excuse me,” Spike groaned before setting the bags of groceries down. “What is it this time? Trying to cure world hunger? Or is it a reality-bending evil that’s threatening to swallow the world?”

Twilight didn’t even turn to look his way as her quill scratched furiously, one book levitating off the table as another replaced it. “Actually, I’m trying to find a way to get my checklists to magically make a sound when I tick a box.” There was some further scratching, a flash of magic and then an “Ahaa!” from Twilight.

I stood just inside the library entrance as Twilight levitated a scroll into the air, flicked her quill across it, and then squealed like a little filly when it made a ding sound.

“World-changing, Twilight,” Spike quipped. “Now if you’re not sti—”

“I know, Spike, just think of all the applications!” Twilight grabbed another book in her magic before Spike poked her in the side. Hard. “Ow! Spike, what do you—”

Spike pointed out towards me, rolling his eyes as Twilight still seemed unaware of my presence. Turning towards where he pointed, she blinked in surprise, then smiled widely.

“Oh, Moondancer! It’s nice to see you!” She hopped out of her chair before teleporting in front of me. She gave me a hug, oblivious to my reddening face as Spike chuckled quietly. “What brings you here?”

“Well…” I turned away, avoiding her eyes as she released me. “I was hoping that maybe…”

“Yes?” Twilight bent her neck closer as my voice failed me.

“That you would… I mean, I would like it if…” My head tilted down to the floor, all courage fleeing from me.

“Hmm?” Twilight bent down to meet me at eye level. “What’s the matter, Moondancer?”

I squeaked, taking a step back before levitating an envelope in front of her. “Here, just—”

“Ohh! A letter!” Twilight smiled as she grabbed it in her magic. I shivered as our magical holds exchanged, but remained silent. “To Her Royal Majesty, Princess Twilight Sparkle,” Twilight read, then frowned. “Why is everypony so formal all the time, ugh…” Then she continued, “From your old friend, Moondancer.”

She looked at me, eyebrow raised, but then opened the letter carefully. “Dear Princess Twilight…” She went through the letter carefully, Spike jumping onto a chair to read over her shoulder. He skimmed it quickly, and then gave me a small smile with an accompanying wink. When Princess Twilight was finished, she seemed uncertain, her eyes darting to the letter and then back to me.

“Well?” I asked in a small voice, tracing the floor with my eyes.

Twilight shrugged. “If we have time on the schedule, I don’t see why not. Princess Luna needs all the support she can get, I suppose.” She turned and glanced at Spike, who pulled out a large scroll from hammerspace.

With a quick glance, he made a mark with his claw and then rolled the scroll shut. “I guess Rarity will have to do her mare’s day out without Twilight this time.”

“Oh no!” I took a step forward. “I didn’t want to intrude or anything.”

“Oh, it’s fine.” Spike waved me off. “Twilight doesn’t really get into much of that really frou-frou stuff anyway… it’s hard to read with your eyes covered with cucumbers.”

Twilight giggled, but nodded. “I’m sure it won’t be a problem, but actually…” Twilight looked me over and then nodded to herself. “I know a way to make it up to Rarity.” There was a little glint in her eye as her horn glowed. “Rarity just loves to make outfits, and since I need a new dress for these—” Twilight flapped her wings. “—and it’s a royal ball, then she’ll be all over this one.”

“Are you sure?” I looked at my thick black sweater, thinking of the old ratty dress I’d worn years ago. “I guess it couldn’t hurt.”

Mare, was I wrong…


“Princess Twilight Sparkle!”


She looked beautiful—Rarity really knew what she was doing. Twilight’s dress was a wonderful purple and maroon, encrusted with ornate, blue, star-shaped sapphires. Small yellow accents crossed in elegant patterns, the entirety of the gown making her stand out from all the rest of the ponies.

Not that my eyes would move anywhere else.

She walked calmly across the ballroom, smiling and waving at all the ponies as she passed. Twilight only noticed me after a long moment, probably because I was quite a small pony in Princess Luna’s presence.

“Greetings, Princess Twilight Sparkle.” Princess Luna’s head dipped slightly towards Twilight, who gave a deep bow in return.

“Thank you, Princess Luna. I’m here at Moondancer’s request. I… kind of owed it to her after what happened years ago.”

I winced automatically at that. Princess Luna must have noticed, though, as her wing gently brushed against my withers.

“Oh? For no other reason than to make amends, Twilight Sparkle? Thou must put down the books, and open thine eyes once in a while.”

Twilight smiled and nodded, then blinked. “Huh? What do you me—”

Princess Luna shook her head, giving me a little smile as she turned. “Come. It’s almost time for the first dance.”


“Why, of course, darling.”

Rarity’s shop was, well, ordered chaos at the moment. She’d apparently been in the middle of a fashion epiphany when I’d knocked on the door, Twilight and Spike at my side. Twilight had explained the situation in detail, and, as predicted, Rarity had literally jumped at the chance.

“I’ll be by to get my measuring done in a little while, Rarity.” Twilight turned and walked out, Spike holding the door for her. “Have fun, Moondancer. I’ll see you next week!”

“I—” I had started when Twilight strode outside. Spike groaned, his claws rubbing the bridge of his nose in irritation. He gave me a sincere, knowing smile before turning and following her out.

Rarity had extracted measuring tape from somewhere and was watching me with interest. Her eyes flicked from me, to the door, and then back again before she grinned widely.

“Well well, it looks like somepony found a favorite star.” Rarity smirked at her own little joke as she wrapped the tape around me. “It’s too bad you’re not a particularly thick book, darling, or this would be considerably easier for you.”

I sputtered. “But, I, no, just…” I took a breath, Rarity waiting patiently for me to answer. “Is it that obvious?”

“You’re the only open book that Twilight can’t read, apparently.” Rarity moved on to each of my hooves, making little marks on a white paper every so often. “How long have you had your heart set on her?”

My cheeks burned as I looked away. “Since before Princess Luna returned.” I squirmed in place, which rewarded me with a swat on my flank with the measuring tape.

“Hold still, or this will take much longer than it should.” Rarity moved to the length of my back. “And that’s quite a long time to hold such feeling.” Then, much more softly, she continued, “I imagine that her moving to Ponyville didn’t help things?”

I nodded. “Among other things…” I don’t blame her, at least, not anymore.

“You just need to tell her how you feel, darling.” Rarity released me, proceeding to her sketchboard as I relaxed.

“It’s not that easy!” I surprised myself as I nearly squealed out that last bit. “I mean, I’ve tried, and I want to, bu—”

“Say no more,” Rarity said, cutting me off with a hoof. “I’ll just have to make a dress that makes you...the star attraction.”

There was a long moment of silence, save for one lone cricket. Then we burst into a fit of giggles.

“Thank you, Rarity. I think I needed that.”

Rarity gave me a firm hug. “I hope you know how lucky you are, Moondancer.”

I blinked. “What do you mean?”

“Somepony that you favor, somepony that also has qualities that you both share, and you had the courage to ask her to a ball!” Rarity squeed like a school filly. “You’ll do fabulous, just you wait!”

At least one of us is certain...


I stood in front of Twilight, the pair of us surrounded by a whispering crowd.

“That dress does look quite nice on you, Moondancer.” Twilight nodded at the purple and magenta creation that Rarity had brought into existence. “Rarity really knows her craft.”

“Yeah…” I fiddled my hooves around. “Twilight, I—”

Then the music started. It was rather nice, actually, as the violins led, a single cello filled the room with magic.

Twilight reached out and took my hoof. “You do know how to dance, right?

I hesitated for a moment, then took her hoof in my own. “That’d be pretty silly, wouldn’t it?” I reached forward, placing one hoof on Twilight’s withers, while directing her to do the same. “It is my name after all.”
Twilight’s laugh is adorable.

We danced. Twilight was surprisingly light on her hooves, matching my every step as we spun in circles. The waltz that played had a moderately brisk tempo, and we found ourselves moving about the entire dance area with ease. Twilight’s mane shifted beautifully as we turned, so much so that I was nearly entranced. Then, of course, I ruined the moment.

The crowd watched, mesmerized, as I began to giggle without end in sight. Twilight shared in the laughter for a moment, but then cocked her head at me. “What’s so funny?”

That only made me laugh harder. “Look down, Twilight.”

Careful not to interrupt our rhythm, she did as I asked. Below us was the large crescent moon that mirrored Princess Luna’s cutie mark. It was painstakingly etched with luminous silver studs, perfectly reflecting the actual grooves of the astral body.

“We’re… dancing on the moon?” Twilight said, blinking.

Three… two… one…

“Oohhh.” Then she giggled even harder than I had. “That’s amazing.”

“You’re amazing.” It slipped out, just like that.

“What?” Twilight’s mouth fell agape as she looked at me. “Moondancer?”

Is it too late to back out now?

Before I was forced to make a decision, there was a commotion over by the orchestra. It appeared that Bon-Bon was making her way through the chairs of ponies to confront one particularly green-looking unicorn. Upon reaching her, Lyra was sputtering and rubbing her mane with a hoof. Then she was grabbed by the candy mare, and pulled into a long, sweet kiss. Only one grey mare holding a cello seemed particularly upset.

“Go Lyra!” shouted a voice. To my surprise, it was Twilight.

My blunder forgotten, I probably could have dropped it there and she might have disregarded the whole thing. Instead, I grabbed Twilight in my hooves, pulled her close, and found out what friendship tastes like.

There was a long moment before we pulled apart, Twilight’s eyes dilating rapidly as she processed the event. She opened her mouth to speak, then closed it again. Eventually, she settled on a single question. “Who’s your favorite star, Moondancer?”

Slowly, a wide smile crossed my face. “The one that sparkles the brightest.”

Author's Note:

Hey there everypony, thanks for reading. This is just a little story idea I had while working, and had to get it out before I could continue on my other projects. I hope you all enjoyed it, as I have a story of similar energy coming up before long.

Yes, next month, on February 15th, my birthday, I shall post it. What is it you might ask? Well, if you go back and read my little batty story I posted not too long ago, you'll get a sneak peak into what I've been working on for months. At least half of the story, if not more will be finished by the time that day comes around; I also got some killer art commissioned for it.

Thanks to all my readers, and of course, all my prereaders and editors. Without those poor souls, I'd never get anything done properly :twilightoops:

With love and dedication, Dreams of Ponies :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 20 )

Good job with this one, I found it very well written and easy to follow. I generally prefer stories with higher stakes and more dramatic tension, but it's fine the way it is. Only thing that bothered me was that you went a bit overboard with Luna's ye olde way of speaking: At this point in the continuity she pretty much talks like a modern pony, except with a constant formal tone. The ending was also perhaps a bit too cheezy for my taste. Still, definitely one of the better stories I've read lately.

8671950
I appreciate the comment, bud, and the overload on bookshelf placements, heh. As far as Luna's speech, it's more just a quirk that I enjoy writing, much the same with the ending. My flavor of cheese gets mixed results, but it's so much fun to write :pinkiehappy:

8671950

Only thing that bothered me was that you went a bit overboard with Luna's ye olde way of speaking.

That was my doing. I've been writing Luna with Early Modern English (Equish? Ponish?) for my own AU—and editing for other stories that write her early enough to still be speaking that way—for so long that it's become second nature to edit her that way. That and Dreams likes her that way. :derpytongue2:

8671981

My flavor of cheese gets mixed results, but it's so much fun to write:pinkiehappy:

Sounds like my brand. :raritywink: Tracked for later perusal.

TwiDancer.

This is a great story, but my only issue with it is that I wish it was longer, there's so much potential for a more fleshed out story here.

8671981
So that's it? No explanation? No secret revelation between the two? Just a kiss and nothing more.... Would you like some wine with that cheese or do you prefer corn? No offense but you could have done better. Maybe have Moondancer kiss Twilight as they danced only for things to freeze up and then add in the classic run away scene before having Twilight pursue her. That actually would have worked a lot better. Also the fact you divided the whole story between past and present events just makes a whole confusing mess of what's going on. I personally don't enjoy those kinds of stories even if they're in a POV setting.

8673734
I'd prefer the wine, thank you. Not every story has to be complicated or have some special revelation; with stories like this I actually enjoy leaving them open to interpretation. I might write a sequel, I might not, but I enjoyed writing this little slice of life. I'm sorry that it wasn't your cup of tea... or slice of cheese in this case.

This was very cute, and quite funny as well!

8674956
Thanks, bud. I'm glad you liked it :twilightsmile:

The timeline on this seems very confusing. Lyra doesn't want her mane mussed because she's going to the party that night? (How did she nap without messing it up?) But they've been cleaning all day, so it must be afternoon? And the invitation arrives only that afternoon? And Moondancer had time to take the train to Ponyville, ask Twilight out, have Rarity make a custom dress, then take the train back to Canterlot? And somehow Twilight didn't have her own invitation? Ok, maybe that last bit could be explained by active matchmaking by Luna... but it's still kind of a diss.

8675005
Thanks for pointing out the continuity issue. I fixed it real quick, as the party takes place one week after the invitation. Twilight might have had her own invitation, but Twilight might have written it off as she already had plans. That was, of course, until she was given a better reason to go.

Giving me a flat look, Princess Luna answered, “Who is it that patrols thy dreams? That knowest thy greatest fears… and desires?”

It is difficult to say something to stuff like this, but I'm more against Luna using her powers to gather private informations like that sometimes.

For some reason I thought this would be Moondancer x Luna, I mean that shipping is alright too, but I try to avoid those "he/she was my friend in my childhood and now he/she is my special somepony because of that" kind of stories.

Not bad, but not my thing.

I noticed the continuity issue readsponies already pointed out. It didn't pull me out of the story, though. And I cannot agree with Culture_Shock. At all. I'm actually glad that it didn't go down the 'all things must be absolutely dramatic!'-route. Moondancer was afraid, she ponied up, she got to the castle, she had a backup plan (the letter) and when push came to shove, she pulled through again. It's actually rather... mature. They don't behave like silly little fillies, they actually behave like grown mares. I can appreciate that, greatly so.
As for Twilight - seems fitting that she's oblivious once more and that Spike and Rarity - and Luna - pick up on it easily. We can obviously debate about Luna using her power to collect personal information all day long, but in the end - she and her sister raise and lower the freakin' sun and moon. To be quite honest, I'd be more worried they mess that up by sneezing or something. Yes, they could theoretically do a lot of harm with that. But Luna never showed harmful intentions. This is about trust. (Same goes for Candace, come to think of it.) Do you trust in the benevolence of your ruler? If you don't... do something about it. Protest. Complain - explain. Your fears, your worries. And if said rulers cannot put those fears to rest, work on compromising from there.
Got a little side-tracked there.
Twilight cheering for Lyra was a nice touch. And to be honest, I'm so glad that there wasn't a gigantic, single exposition dump or one single flashback, but these little snippets. A much more elegant solution, in my opinion.
To make things short(er, haha) - you did good.

Thank you. :twilightsmile:

9032274
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate whenever someone takes the time to actually detail their thoughts like that. I hope to maybe see you comment on other stories of mine, if you're interested :twilightsheepish:

Cheesy enough to paralyze Twi with fear.

Aww, that was really cute! Oddly, I think that's one of the first Twilight-Moondancer (Twidancer?) stories I've read, and I liked it a lot!

Also, Twilight's magical dinging checklist :twilightsheepish:

*boops the book horse*
Audio reading
Loved this story, not sure why I never left a comment when I first read it, I probably forget. I tend to be silly like that.
But I hope you like my reading of this. I made it for you. <3

♪♫I'm a read your story, I'm a read your story♪♫

And there's nothing you can do about it:pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment