• Published 16th Jan 2018
  • 643 Views, 4 Comments

Generations of Superheroes - Mirror Star



A report for the Maretropolis Post interviews different superheroes from three different generations.

  • ...
 4
 643

Intro

In the streets of Maretropolis, a dark blue unicorn with silver eyes, about 6 feet tall, black hair, and wearing a brown trench coat, is walking in the streets while drinking coffee and eating a doughnut at the same time. This stallions is heading to the Maretropolis Post building, the newspaper of this giant city. While he's walking through the streets, he could hear loud noises south from his position. The ponies around him started to worry, but he wasn't worried at all. He just continued to walk toward the Maretropolis Post like nothing is happening.

As soon as he entered, he went to the elevator and pressed the "10" button to head to the tenth floor. But before it could close, his boss, Buried Lede, came in and joined him.

Buried Lede said to Midnight Shadow "Ah, Midnight Shadow, just the stallion I wanted to see."

Midnight Shadow said "If it's about the article on the rising fashionista, Coco Pommel, it's in your office; I finished the article last night."

Buried Lede said "Excellent. I can always count on you. Bu that's not what I wanted to talk about; well, not right now anyway. Midnight Shadow, what day is it in three weeks and three days?"

Midnight Shadow guessed by saying "Friday."

Buried Lede said "That's correct, but not what I meant. I'm talking about Power Pony Day."

Midnight Shadow said "Oh yeah, that. I heard the Mayor decided to officiate the day the Power Ponies First appeared with a holiday commemorating their actions as Equestria's First Generation of Superheroes."

Buried Lede pointed out "You don't sound excited."

Midnight Shadow said after they got off the elevator when they reached the 10th floor "Sir, I'm indifferent. I don't really "care" about the superheroes like you do; I'm grateful for what they do for us by protecting us from evil, but that's about it."

Buried Lede said "Well, you're going to have to shove that indifference aside for your next assignment."

Midnight Shadow asked "My next assignment?"

Buried Lede said giving him an old photo of the Power Ponies "I want you to interview the Power Ponies."

Midnight Shadow asked "Aren't they all dead?"

Buried Lede said "No, only three of them, Zapp, Masked Matter Horn, and Saddle Rager, are dead; the other four, Radiance, Fili-Second, Mistress Mare-velous, and Hum Drum, are still alive. I've already contacted them and they have all agreed to be interviewed."

Midnight Shadow said "Ok, but why me; couldn't you put Solar Beam on this assignment? She loves superheroes."

Buried Lede said "That's true, but I have her on another assignment in Saddle Arabia and she won't be back for a week. Also, you're a better writer than her. "

Midnight Shadow said "If that's the job, then I'll do it; this should be easy since I'm only interviewing four ponies."

Buried Lede said "Oh, you won't just interview them; your also going to interview other superheroes all over Equestria before Power Pony Day beings."

Midnight Shadow said confused "What?"

Buried Lede explained giving him a list "The retired Power Ponies agreed to be interviewed by the Maretropolis Post on the grounds that certain heroes get the chance to be interviewed and mentioned in our newspaper regarding Power Pony Day along with having our best journalist interview them and get all the details down to the letter. You leave tomorrow for Vanhoover tomorrow, that's where Hum Drum is. Until then, use this time to relax, pack for your trip all over Equestria, and research the other heroes that you'll be interviewing too."


Midnight Shadow's POV

With that said, my assignment on covering Equestria's superheroes began; or at least it begins tomorrow. The boss gave me the list of where the retired heroes, the rest of the living Power Ponies are located; surprisingly, none of them live in Maretropolis anymore for different reasons. Radiance lives in Canterlot and runs a modeling agency, Fili-Second lives in Manehattan , Mistress Mare-velous lives in a place called Rockville located in Western Equestria, and Hum Drum lives in Vanhoover with his family like the boss said. The boss wants me to got to Hum Drum first because he was scheduled to go first due to the other Power Ponies having other plans before him.

It didn't take me long to pack my stuff for this long trip around Equestria since I'm packing enough clothes for six days and will come back home to get a new set of clothes for the next full week. I'll have to time this right since I only have three weeks to interview these superheroes and two days to write-up the article starting tomorrow.

The next thing that I did was go over the list of heroes that the Power Ponies requested that I also interview in exchange for them to be interviews. I'll not only be interviewing them, the First Generation of Superheroes, but also the Second Generation, and the Third Generation.

The Second Generation of Superheroes is known by many as the Watchponies. They were considered the successors to the Power Ponies after most of the retired at the time; Masked Matter Horn and Hum Drum(or Captain Unity as he called himself back then). However, they're also the considered the short-lived superheroes due to the N.V.A (No Vigilantes Act) made it illegal for superheroes who didn't register their secret identities with the Equestrian Government. This caused a Civil War between superheroes along with the reveal of a massive government corruption scheme that the heroes manged to stop.

The heroes that I'm suppose to be interviewing for this generation are: Silver Crescent (A.K.A Night Light), Iron Stallion (A.K.A Fancy Pants), Mach 10 (A.K.A Hondo Flanks), Golden Goose (Ethel Peachbottom), and Silk Pear (Pear Butter). Some of them had their secret identities revealed due to the Civil War among heroes a while back

The Third Generation consist of different superhero teams; such as The Harmony League, The Wonderbolts, The Teen Crusaders, and The R Company, just to name a few . This generation is considered by many to be the rebirth of the superhero age that was made possible by the actions of the Second Generation. Because of them along with an alien invasion, more superhero teams started to form all over Equestria.

The heroes from this generation that I'm suppose to interview are: Mare Do Well, Professor Sparkle, Sugar Rush, Radiance II, Captain Canterlot (A.K.A Shining Armor), Love Beam (A.K.A. Cadance), Burning Apple(A.K.A Apple Bloom and daughter to Silk Pear), Commander Spitfire, and Shining Angel. While some of these heroes have chosen to have secret identities, there are some who have public identities as well; those with secret identities outnumber the ones that have public identities.

My boss also said that I should get in other heroes as well if possible but the ones on his list take priority; I'm allowed to pick which ones I interview. I asked him if I should interview Spidermare but he said no since he sees her as a menace to Maretropolis; I can't understand why but I don't really question it.

It's no surprise to my closest friends that I don't care about superheroes; I acknowledge that they exist but that's about it. In a way, I think that makes me the most qualified to do this job; I can't be biased toward any of them or try to make one look good over the other if any of them try to make themselves look superior in their stories.

The next morning, I walked out of my house, brought all of my stuff to the train station, and got on the train to Vanhoover. As I got on the train and took my seat, I remembered that I forgot to do the one thing that I always do when I start a new assignment; I forgot to give this assignment a name. I've always tried to give titles to my work interesting and spectacular names, especially if it's something I really like; when it comes to something I hate, I leave it up to the boss or someone in editing to change the name of the title for me. This isn't something I'm indifferent about, so I'll give it a simple title. I'll call it: Generations of Superheroes.

Author's Note:

Other than the heroes/characters I mentioned, I'm open to suggestions on who to include in the interviews. This means you can mention an MLP character as a superhero or a supervillain and I'll see if I can role them in somehow.

Comments ( 4 )

Interesting concept. Other than some minor grammar mistakes, this seems pretty good.

This is a really interesting concept, I liked it.

Very impressive concept, execution drags it down, but I'm sure it can improve as you go on!

I like your idea. Especially the whole watchmen inspiration you are going for.

Some hero and villains ideas

Crazy Horse A villain with size shifting powers.
Trojan: a shapeshifter villain
Dark horse: a hero who lurk in the shadow

Login or register to comment