• Published 19th May 2018
  • 2,759 Views, 72 Comments

Corruption - PixelMoon



Twilight Sparkle finds herself being led to question things she's never questioned and try things she'd never tried by Rarity. But slowly Twilight begins to feel like she's being corrupted, and begins to wonder if Rarity is a vampire.

  • ...
2
 72
 2,759

Chapter 14

"Your house?"

"Yes, our house. I'd rather explain what we have to say there than in the middle of the woods. It's a long story.”

“Oh, so you three do live together?” That was another thing Twilight had always assumed about them. “But wait! I did see your bucking house before, you doofus. That bucking place you have your bucking parties in, right?”

“That isn't where we live. I own quite a bit a real estate, that building included, but it's not where we live. Too bright for us nocturnal types.”

“Oh!” Pinkie fell out of a branch, catching herself with one of her forelegs before falling too far, to hang in front of the two unicorns. Twilight hadn't even seen her get up into that tree. “Why don't we see if you're a vampire, Twi Twi? See if you can come into our True Home without actually being invited.”I

“Didn't you just invite me over?” Twilight looked at Rarity.

“Did we?” Rarity smiled. “I think we should head home, Pinkie.”

Rarity stood up and started walking away.

“But I can come with you, right?” Twilight stood up and looked around at the others.

Pinkie let go of the branch and landed in front of Twilight. “I dunno. Can you, vampire scum?” She gave a manic smile before bouncing after Rarity.

Twilight thought about it for a moment, then decided to follow, trotting quickly to catch up with the others.

“Looks like we're being followed,” Pinkie whispered to Rarity.

Dash flew into sight and landed next to Twilight. “Hey! We're taking her there already?” she asked. “Shouldn't we, uh-”

Dash glanced at Twilight, then cantered to Rarity's side and whispered something in her ear. Rarity pushed her to the side dismissively.

“It'll be fine,” said Rarity.

“Now hold on,” said Twilight. “All this whispering about me being ready makes me think you have some kind of horrible secret. And also all that stuff you said to Applejack about having a horrible secret.”

“Well there's only one way to find out what it is, Twi,” said Dash. “You won't know if the place is full of dead bodies till you get there.”

“Maybe I should run ahead and clean up all the blood?” Pinkie asked.

“You're, uh,” Twilight tried her hardest to think up a good comeback, “gonna need to clean up blood if you don't stop making these vampire jokes!”

And that was more or less how the walk went, the four of them laughing all the way as normal. No, maybe not like before. Twilight found herself laughing much louder than she would have ever let herself before.

Twilight followed them all the way to the pond on the far side of town, near where Fluttershy's house was. But they lead her to the side of the lake Twilight didn't typically go to. There was a hill on that side, with a steep cliff facing the water. It was on top of that hill, near said cliff, where they stopped.

Above Twilight was a clear sky, filled with stars. The water below reflected the starry sky perfectly, making it so sparkling lights were in every direction, dotting the calm, cool darkness that Twilight had grown to love. So it was an amazing sight, but there was one major problem here.

“This is not a house,” said Twilight.

Dash beckoned Twilight to look down the side of it and pointed out a hole in the hillside when she did.

“You live in a bucking cave?” Twilight asked, swatting at Dash.

“We live in a cave in the same way you live in a pile of dead trees,” said Dash.

Twilight leaned over the edge, looking for a good way to get inside. “Even if it's nice in there, it's a pretty inconvenient location, isn't it?” Twilight asked.

“That's kind of what we were going for,” said Dash. “We don't want anypony bothering us during the day so we built a house over here.”

“And how am I supposed to get in?”

“The best way to get in is to climb down over there.” Rarity pointed to a slope that was narrow, but could probably be walked on.

“Nope!” Pinkie objected. “The best way to get inside is to just jump off the cliff and make Dashie catch you!”

Pinkie took two steps back, then charged towards the cliff, leaping off the edge.

“Weeeee!”

Dash muttered something and flew off the cliff with blazing speed. She caught Pinkie before the mare fell far and whisked her into the cave. A moment later Pinkie poked her head out of the cave and waved up at Twilight.

“Jump Twilight!” Pinkie called to her. “It's more fun that way!”

“I'll catch you if you do,” said Dash, coming to the opening a moment later. “But I'll also make you regret it!”

What the buck! Twilight was already going completely nuts tonight! Might as well go through with this too. She took a few steps back then charged off the cliff, just as Pinkie had done moments ago. As she fell, Twilight spread her legs wide open to catch as much air as possible. And the air went rushing by as she fell. It was exhilarating!

“Wahaha!” Twilight felt a thrill running through her again. She fell further than Pinkie had, passed where her and Dash were standing. Twilight shouted up to them as she fell passed. “Dash!”

Twilight fell further while Dash just stood there. The water was getting close now and a tiny twinge of fear started to form in Twilight's mind. She was pretty far up and she was falling into shallow water! The fear grew stronger. What the heck was going on?! Dash wouldn't seriously-

Just before Twilight reached panic territory, Dash flew out of the cave with unbelievable speed, faster than she had ever seen a pegasus fly before. In the blink of an eye, Dash flew down and caught Twilight in a swooping motion, stopping her just inches above the ground.

Dash flew straight forward, gliding over the surface of the lake, until she was halfway across. The whole way, Twilight clung to her as tight as she could, eyes closed, feeling a gust of cool air surrounding her.

After realizing she wasn't dead, Twilight dared to open one of her eyes and was greeted by the sight of Dash sailing through the air, the dark waters beneath both of them. Twilight smiled just a little. Of course Dash wouldn't let her die!

Twilight reached one of her hooves out a little to touch the water beneath. It was surprisingly warm and split into waves at her touch. Then Dash turned upwards, doing a spin the brought both of them into the air. Twilight caught a glimpse of the lights from town, far away, tiny and beneath her, as Dash looped through that air to carry them both back to the cave.

Dash landed gracefully at the entrance of the cave, Twilight still clinging to her and trembling a little.

“You can let go now,” Dash said. Twilight quickly released her friend and scrambled to her shaking legs. Dash laughed. “You didn't think I'd actually let you die, did you?”

“Go buck yourself, Dash,” Twilight said, giving Dash a playful swat. “That was cutting it way too close.”

“I think you're forgetting how awesome I am,” said Dash. “You never have to worry about falling when I'm around.”

Twilight looked into the dark cave. The first thing she noticed was Rarity standing just before her.

“Rarity? How did you get here?” Twilight asked.

“I climbed down while the two of you were, hm, 'embracing', shall we say.” Rarity gave the two of them a sly smile. “Come along, Twilight. And wipe your hooves. You don't know where Rainbow Dash has been.”

Twilight followed her a little into the cave and sure enough there really was a doormat and just passed that was an actual door. The stone quickly went from rocky to carved as soon as you got a little inside. It was nice and smooth here, with what really looked like the wall of a house wedged inside it.

Rarity unlocked the door with her magic and went inside, turning on the lights. What Twilight saw was surprisingly elegant.

Twilight knew Rarity had a fair bit of money, they were able to live without working, but she thought the price of that was having to live with less, just barely managing to scrape by on the interest, dividends and ever depleting account withdrawals. But this was better than what her parent's house was.

The 'cave' looked more like the inside of a mansion, with all the walls covered with fine, wooden boards. The first room that greeted her was a large, open living room with several doors and halls leading off in every direction. It was well furnished with couches and tables, had one of those fancy radios and a large fireplace. The walls were lined with electric lights, fine art and portraits.

It was a bit dim, with the electric lights turned down low, but they did love darkness and likely did that on purpose. That was the only 'flaw' she could find in this luxurious building.

Twilight stepped into the room, mouth agape. Pinkie just bounced right by her, leaping into the room and landing on a bean bag chair.

“I had no idea you had this much money,” said Twilight. “I mean, you act like you're rich, but not this rich!”

“Twilight, we live exactly how we want,” said Rarity. “How else does one live like they're rich?”

“But how did you get this much money?” Twilight was turning around in circles, taking it all in. “I mean, you can't be much older than I am! Were your parents insanely rich?”

“Not as rich as you'd think,” said Rarity. “It is old money, to be certain, but I made a great deal of it myself. Believe it or not, I do spend a lot of time moving it around. I'm very good at managing money and you'd be surprised how much you can make just by that.”

“Some ponies have all the luck.” Twilight looked down at the antique rug. That was probably worth more than Twilight! “But you can hardly say you're parents weren't that rich if you got this much money from them. I mean, enough to make it into this after just a decade or so.”

“Maybe I didn't get it from them,” said Rarity. “We did say we wanted to bring you here to talk about a secret, didn't we?”

Twilight heard the door close behind her. She looked over to see Dash lock it. Now she was hoping the secret was that Rarity had invented some kind of soft drink or something. Also that the secret ingredient in said drink wasn't ponies.

“Look at me, Twilight.” Rarity brought Twilight's attention to herself, Twilight staring at those beautiful eyes. “You trust me, right?”

Right now Twilight was a little on edge, but looking into Rarity's eyes calmed her. She knew the answer, even now.

“Yes.”

“And you love me.”

That time it wasn't a question, but Twilight nodded anyway.

“Good. Then you needn't fear what's standing right behind you right now.”

That was one way to put a pony on edge. Twilight stared at Rarity, not daring to turn around. “You saying that makes me feel like there's something horrible behind me."

“There is,” said Rarity.

“Can we not be dramatic and you just tell me what it is?” Twilight didn't dare take her eyes off Rarity. “Please?”

“Well if you want to kill the fun. Pinkie, Dash and myself really are vampires and those two are standing behind you in their true forms right now.”

“What?”

Twilight turned around and Pinkie jumped at her and hissed, baring two razor sharp fangs inches away from Twilight's face. Twilight screamed and fell on her back.

“Ha! Got you that time!” Pinkie said, but Twilight was too busy screaming to hear her.