• Published 21st Jan 2018
  • 1,271 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls-Manehattan University - Burning_Heart



The Gang from the Equestria Girl movies are about to take on their toughest challenge yet, College!

  • ...
4
 15
 1,271

Prologue

“And that’s the last one,” said Sunset Shimmer as she zipped up the suitcase she had laid on top of her bed. She picks up the luggage so that she can place it beside the rest of her belongings that are already packed up. “Now that I look at it, I really don’t have a lot of stuff,” Sunset said as she looked at the five suitcases that were mostly clothes that her friend Rarity had made for her, her guitar, a PZ4 and some games, and her diary she uses to talk to Princess Twilight back in Equestria. She rolled her eyes with a smirk on her face thinking that it was no big deal.

She walks over to her now empty drawer next to her bed and bends down to look inside the ten-gallon sized tank on top of it to see her pet gecko, Ray.

“Well Ray, tomorrow we’ll be on our way to college with the rest of the gang, maybe there I can hopefully learn more about the magic leaking into the human world from Equestria,” said Sunset. But Ray just lays there in his tank just staring back at Sunset. “You know what Ray, you’re the ideal guy. You always listen to everything I have to say.” Sunset pulls out her phone to look at the last few text messages from her friends and begins to read them in her head.

Applejack - Hey Sunset, make sure you get to bed early cause I’ll be at your place to pick you up in the bus round 5 in the mornin.

Pinkie Pie - OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, SUNSET I CAN’T WAIT FOR TOMORROW WHEN WE FINISH UNPACKING IM GOING TO THROW US ALL THE BEST PARTY EVER!!!

Rarity - Darling, I hope you remember to pack up everything for tomorrow, I want to make sure our new house on campus is absolutely fabulous.

Fluttershy - See you in the morning Sunset.

Rainbow Dash - Hey Sunset I hope you’re ready because after tomorrow The Rainbooms are totally going to run Manehattan U, it’s going to be so AWESOME.

After reading the last text she puts her phone down and heads to the bathroom so that she can get ready for bed. After a few minutes, she changes into her pj’s after taking a shower and begins to lay down in bed but she sees she received a text message from her friend Twilight Sparkle of the human world. She picks up her phone and reads the message out loud, “Hey Sunset I’m really looking forward to going to Manehattan University with all of you and just wanted to thank you again for being my friend after the incident with the Friendship Games. So anyway, have a good night see you in the morning.”

Sunset giggles after reading the message, “Twilight, you don’t have to keep thanking us for being your friend especially after what happened after the games or at Camp Everfree.” But the smile that she has had up till now thinking about college life with her best friends starts to turn into a frown. "I don't know why Ray, I have this feeling like something bad is going to happen at college." She turns to look at Ray and just like how she first met Ray, he fills her heart with warmth and says, "haha you really are just a ray of sunshine aren't you." She sets the alarm on her phone and pulls her blankets over herself. “Goodnight Ray, love you boy.” She begins closing her eyes and then drifts off to sleep. But unknown to her, the geode around her neck starts to give off a faint glow.

____________________

After sending her text message to Sunset, Applejack finished loading her luggage in the moving trailer that is attached to the Bands bus. “Whelp, that should be just about it, all except for my bass that is,” said Applejack. She walks back into the house and starts to head up the stairs to go into her room to grab her bass until “Hey sis can you come to the kitchen really quick,” said Applebloom. “Sure thing, be right there,” said Applejack, she heads back down the stairs to head into the kitchen when suddenly, “Surprise, good luck in College Applejack!” Granny Smith, Big Macintosh and Applebloom, Applejack’s family, stand there in the kitchen with a fresh apple pie and a carton of vanilla ice cream.

“Well gosh, what’s all this now,” said Applejack.

“Well we just wanted to say congrats on being the first apple to get into college, right Big Mac,” said Granny Smith

“Eeyup,” Said Big Mac.

“And we just wanted to say that we love you and that we’ll miss you when you’re up in Manehattan,” said Applebloom as tears begin to roll down her face.

“Aw sugarcube, I’m going to miss y’all too,” said Applejack as she leans in to give her a big hug with Applebloom hugging her back. Suddenly Big Mac and Granny Smith join in the hug. Suddenly Granny Smith says, “I’m sure if Bright Mac and Buttercup where here, they’d be so proud of you,” with Big Mac saying “Eeyup.” After being there for what felt like hours, Granny Smith says, “Alright Y'all let’s eat this here pie before it gets cold and the ice cream melts.” Everyone agrees and sits at the table to enjoy pie and ice cream as a family.

Applejack is in her room with the family dog Winona about ready to go to bed when she hears a knock on her door and goes to open the door and there stands Big Macintosh. “Well hey Big Mac what can I do for ya,” said Applejack. “Well I know your heading out tomorrow, but I just wanted to make sure you’ll be able to still come to my wedding here in a few months,” said Big Mac. “Are you kiddin, of course, I’ll be there. There’s no way I’d miss it. I think you found a good one there in Sugar Belle,” said Applejack. “Well I do owe it to Applebloom and her friends, I just wanted to make sure. Well I’ll let you get to bed now, cause big day tomorrow and everything,” said Big Mac. “Love you, sis.”

“Love you too bro.”

Big Mac begins to walk out but turns around a says, “Oh if ya find a guy over there in college, maybe you can invite him to the wedding too.” He walks out and closes the door, while Applejack stands there and starts to laugh nervously to herself, “Y-ya haha, a guy haha *sigh*.” Applejack walks to her bed to lay down then Winona hops in her bed to cuddle with her.
“Oh Winona, what am I gonna do, maybe college can help give me some courage to tell them, what do you think.” *BARK*. “Ya, maybe it can.” Applejack goes and give a big hug but unknown to her, the geode around her neck gives a faint glow.

____________________

After sending her text to Sunset, Pinkie Pie continues to keep packing for tomorrow. "Okay, now that I've texted Sunset I just need to go over what else I need to bring with me! Let's see here balloons check, streamers check, confetti check, backup confetti check, backup confetti check, baking supplies check, hhhmmmm what else! Can you think of anything Gummy," said Pinkie staring at her stuffed alligator. "Oh Gummy I'm going to college, I don't think I can take a party cannon with me, I already asked."

Behind Pinkie Pie she hears a knocking on her door, she turns around to see her sister, Maud Pie. "Oh hey Maud, maybe you can help! I'm trying to figure out what else I need to take with me but I'm having trouble, what do you think?" said Pinkie.

"What about your clothes and your drums?" said Maud.

"..................................................OH YA!" said Pinkie.

"Listen Pinkie, everyone wants to talk to you before you go to bed okay," said Maud.

"Oki-Doki-Loki," said Pinkie

Pinkie heads to the dining room where her father, Igneous Rock Pie, mother, Cloudy Quartz, and her sisters, Maud Pie, Marble Pie and Limestone Pie, all sit at the table waiting for her to set down. "Pinkamena, may you please sit down, this won't take but a moment," said Igneous Rock. "Sure thing dad," said Pinkie as she goes to sit down, "so what's up." Cloudy Quartz begins to speak saying, "Well your father and I support you in whatever you want to do with your life but we have been wondering maybe if....well." "Yes?" said Pinkie with a confused expression on her face.

After a few moments of silents, Limestone decided to speak up, "Ugh, fine if no one's going to say it I will. Pinkie we all think all these parties are preventing you from being happy yourself!" Pinkie Pie then tilts her head to the side with a look of confusion on her face. "Pinkie, we all know that parties are important to you and you like to make people happy. But have you ever thought about what it is that you wanted?" said Maud. "You all don't think that way do you?" ask Pinkie, but everyone just sits there in silence, "Even you Marble!"

"Mm-hmm," said Marble Pie.

"Come on guys, of course, I'm happy, I mean why wouldn't I be. I actually get to go to college with my best friends, how could I not be happy," said Pinkie Pie in the same energetic tone in her voice as always. "Well okay then, we just wanted to make sure you're alright before you leave tomorrow," said Igneous Rock. Pinkie begins to form a big smile and says, "Awe thanks for looking out for me everyone." Pinkie begins to go around the dining room table and gives a hug to every one of her family members with Limestone trying to fight her off. "Well I'm going to bed now, Love You All!" said Pinkie as she heads to her room.

As she walks, she starts to talk to herself, "It's nice of them to worry about me like that, but I mean come on of course I'm happy," she suddenly stops at her door and grasps the geode around her neck before saying softly, "aren't I?" But without her knowing, the geode in her hand begins to give a faint glow.

____________________

With her message set to Sunset, Rarity goes over the last of her supplies that she uses to design and creates her lineup of clothes so that she knows what to bring with her tomorrow. "Yes, this should do quite nicely. All that's left is my keytar and I'll be ready to go," said Rarity. She turns around to grab her keytar to put it in its case but sees that her pet cat, Opalescence, is rubbing up against it. "Opal sweetie could you please not rub against my keytar," said Rarity.

Opal just glares back at Rarity before heading to her bedroom door. The door opens up and on the other side is Rarity's sister, Sweetie Belle, then suddenly Opal rushes out of the room and runs past Sweetie Belle.

"Uh Rarity, whats with her," asked Sweetie Belle.

"Oh it's just Opel being Opel," said Rarity.

Rarity goes to pick up her keytar to put it in its case, after putting it away she realizes that her sister is just standing there in silence with a sad look on her face. "Why darling, whatever is the matter," asked Rarity. Suddenly, with tears in her eyes, Sweetie Belle rushes to Rarity to embrace her. "Do you really have to go tomorrow," said Sweetie Belle, "it's just...Im going to miss you so much." With a soft smile on her face, Rarity gently strokes her sister's hair to comfort her. "Oh Sweetie Belle, I'm going to miss you too."

"Now that's what I call a beautiful sight right there, don't you agree there Cookie?"

"Oh my yes, it is."

Rarity and Sweetie Belle both look over to see their parents, Hondo Flanks and Cookie Crumbles, standing just outside Rarity's room with Opal resting in Cookie's arms. "Oh I'm going to miss you too mother and father," said Rarity. Hondo walks over to his daughters to hug and lift them up saying, "Oh I can't believe my little girl is going off to college."

"Father Please, you're embarrassing me," said Rarity.

"Dad, I can't breathe," said Sweetie Belle.

After a second, Hondo puts them down saying, "Sorry about that, got carried away there." With a giggle from Cookie, she walks over to her husband and daughters. "Listen you two, could I have a word with Rarity real quick," asked Cookie. With a nod, Hondo reply's, "Sure thing there Hon, come on Sweetie Belle it's about time for bed."

"Okay, good night mom, good night sis," said Sweetie Belle.

As they leave the room, Rarity looks to Cookie and says, "So what is it you wanted to talk about mother?"

"Listen dear, I just wanted to say, take care of yourself. I know and your father knows that you work hard to help everyone out especially your friends, and we are proud of you for it cause honestly, you're the most generous person I know. Just make sure you don't go overboard okay," said Cookie.

With a giggle, Rarity says, "Okay mother, I promise to not go "overboard" as you say."

"As long as you understand, I'll let you get to bed now," said Cookie. She pulls in Rarity to give her a hug, "I love you Rarity," said Cookie with tears in her eyes. Rarity begins to hug her back saying, "I Love you too mom." But during their hug without her knowing, the geode around Rarity's neck begins to give a faint glow.

____________________

After her message was sent, Fluttershy goes over to her luggage that she packed up earlier that day to make sure she isn't forgetting anything. "It looks like that's everything," said Fluttershy. She turns to face her pet bunny, Angel. "Are you ready to leave tomorrow Angel," said Fluttershy. With that always sour look on his face, he sticks his tongue out at her and bolts out of the room. Fluttershy gets up to go after Angel, "Wait, Angel come back."

Fluttershy makes it to the living room to find Angel resting in the lap of her younger brother, Zephyr Breeze, while he rests on the couch watching TV. "Hey there Big Sis, I believe that this little guy belongs to you," said Zephyr. "Shouldn't you be asleep already Zephyr," said Fluttershy as she gives a concerned look on her face for her brother.

"Relax I just wanted to talk for a bit, I was going to come see you but the bunny made it easy for me," said Zephyr.

Fluttershy goes over to the couch and sits next to her brother. "What do you want to talk about," asked Fluttershy.

Zephyr turns to look at his sister and asks her, "Are you nervous about tomorrow there Big Sis."

"Yeah, maybe a little bit. I mean, I know that I'll be able to go to college with all my friend and I'm happy about that," said Fluttershy. "But..." said Zephyr.

"I'm just nervous about being in a new place surrounded by new people is all. I don't even like the big city, but I thought it might be good for me to try something out of my comfort zone. It's just what if college just isn't for me," said Fluttershy.

"Okay, now listen here Flutter Butter, there is a lot more to you then you think. You encouraged me to realized what it is I want to pursue when I go to college. That kind heart of yours is a lot stronger then you think it is," said Zephyr. Angel then hops off of Zephyr's lap and onto Fluttershy's lap and cuddles up to her. A smile begins to form on Fluttershy's face, "Thanks, I really appreciate that I mean I'm still nervous about leaving tomorrow but talking to you really helped me out."

"No problem there Sis, just watch yourself out there. Too much kindness might just be a bad thing," said Zephyr. He proceeds to get up and walks to his room and says, "Anyway it's time for this guy to get his beauty sleep, love ya, sis."

With that remark, she sits there confused, "But how can kindness be a bad thing," said Fluttershy. She picks up Angel to ask, "What do you think Angel?" But Angel just gives her a shrug. "Well, maybe we should get to bed after all everyone else is asleep." She gets up to go to bed but didn't notice that the geode around her neck began to give off a slight glow.

____________________

"All right, now that I texted Sunset, I should really get to packing up for tomorrow," said Rainbow Dash. She activates the geode around her neck to use her super speed to pack up her belongings, including her guitar, ZBox One, and her Daring Do book collection. "Well now that's been taken care of, I think it's time for a quick bite before bed," said Rainbow Dash. She walks over to pick up her pet turtle, Tank. "How about you Tank, are you hungry?" But Tank just stares back at her and slowly blinks. "Ya lets get you some lettuce buddy."

Rainbow begins to run to the kitchen with Tank in her arms, but before she can get to the kitchen she can hear crying coming from there. She takes a peek inside to find her parents, Bow Hothoof and Windy Whistles. "Is everything okay in here guys?" asked Rainbow. Her parents look over at her with tear filled eyes and rush over to hug their daughter very tightly with Tank going into hiding in his shell.

"WAAAA I can't believe our little Dashie is going to college," cried Bow.

"Our little girl is now a full grown woman WAAAA," cried Windy.

"Mom, Dad, I think your squashing Tank," said Rainbow. They then released their daughter and Tank pops his head out of his shell. "Sorry about that, it's just that..." said Bow. "We're just a little sad that our little girl will be leaving tomorrow," said Windy. "But you two have known I would be leaving for weeks now," said Rainbow and then they both go, "We know."

"Well I'm just going to grab a snack for me and Tank here so I'll see you two in the morning so goodnight you two," said Rainbow. She goes to grab an apple for herself and a leaf of lettuce for Tank. She starts to head to her room then suddenly, "Hey honey, can we talk real quick," said Bow.

"Um sure, whats up," said Rainbow.

"Well we just wanted to tell you to not go too overboard when you're at college," said Bow.

"What do you mean," said Rainbow.

"We know that your loyal to your band and all, but don't expect that everyone else will be able to stick with it. Cause every one of your friends has there own reasons to go to college," said Windy.

"Well I don't know what you're getting at, The Rainbooms are here to stay. But sure I'll listen to what you just said," said Rainbow.

"Well as long as you understand honey, we'll let you go get some sleep," said Bow. He and Windy lean in to give her a softer hug, "We love you Dashie."

"Love you guys too," said Rainbow.

But during the hug with her parents, the geode around her neck begins to faintly glow.

____________________

"Hey Twilight, shouldn't you be going to bed," said Spike. Twilight puts her phone down after texting Sunset to reply to Spike. "How can I sleep Spike, I mean tomorrow we'll be heading off to college with my best friends and Timber. Plus I'm going to be an aunt soon, how can I not be excited about it." Before Spike could respond, Twilight heard a female voice on the other side of her bedroom door saying, "Honey, are you still awake? Could we come in for a bit?"

"Sure, come on in," said Twilight. The door opens up and it's her mother, Twilight Velvet, accompanied by her father, Night Light. "How come your still awake dear, aren't you supposed to wake up early," said Night Light.

"How am I suppose to sleep tomorrow I finally start college well not really we're just moving on to the campus we don't actually start until next week but we will be on the site and not only that but Shining Armor and Cadence are suppose to have their baby girl soon but I'll be away so I won't be able to see the baby when she's born and..."

Twilight Velvet places her hands on her daughter's shoulders to try and calm her down, "Twilight, sweetie breathe, just breathe." After a couple of deep breaths, she is able to calm down. She sits down on her bed next to Spike. Her mother then comes over to sit next to her. "Sorry about that, it's just that there's just so much going on right now and I'm still processing all of it," said Twilight Sparkle.

"Is that all that's going on dear," asked Twilight Velvet.

"No there's more. I think that Timber Spruce and I are starting to get serious too but he called earlier and said he might be late to actually start school because of some problems with his sister and Camp Everfree so there's that," said Twilight.

"Well that's good," instantly replied by Night Light in a soft-spoken voice. But not soft enough as both Twilight Sparkle and Twilight Velvet give him a sour look. "I mean that's awful dear, but don't let that get you down. I mean just remember why you're going to college.

"Ya, your right. It's to expand my knowledge and make me smarter so that I can become a professional scientist," said Twilight.

"That's right dear, just don't let this little drawback prevent you from following your dream," said Twilight Velvet.

"Thanks, mom, thanks, dad, I think I'm ready to go to bed now," said Twilight.

"Well we'll just leave and let you get to bed dear," said Twilight Velvet. She gets up and grabs Night Light by the arm as they head out the door, "Goodnight dear," said Twilight Velvet followed by Night Light saying, "We love you."

"Love you guys too," said Twilight. With her parents out of her room, Twilight goes to lay down in her bed. "Hey Spike, do you think the rest of the girls have a lot on their minds too," said Twilight. With no response, she looks over and sees Spike fast asleep. "*giggle* goodnight Spike," said Twilight softly so not to wake up Spike. She closes her eyes and begins to go to sleep but without her knowing, the geode around her neck began to give off a faint glow.

But on that night before the group would leave for college, over in Manehattan, a portal opens up above the city, a shadow like being flies out and the portal closes behind it. It lands on top of a building and a voice can be heard from it saying, "wE...nEeD...nEw...HoSt..."

Author's Note:

This is not meant to be a full chapter but instead a look at the character and what they will be dealing with during the story except for Sunset, for she will be mainly dealing with multiple problems.