• Published 11th Jan 2018
  • 2,155 Views, 13 Comments

If This Is It - Mister Phoenix



Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle's human counterpart have been dating for a month now. The girls are happy in their relationship, but it begins to crack when Princess Twilight comes to visit. Causing Sci-Twi to think that Sunset never loved her.

  • ...
11
 13
 2,155

Chapter One; If This Ain't Love, Just Say So

Sunset Shimmer held Twilight Sparkle next to her, the two girls sat underneath the shade of the tree. Sunset held Twilight's hand, a picnic basket sat in front of them. Twilight eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Sunset pulled her girlfriend close to her, pulling Twilight into a kiss, claiming that Sunset was cleaning off her lips from the sandwich. The nerdy girl, pushed Sunset Shimmer away, letting out a small laugh.

Sunset pulled Twilight to the grassy ground, the two girlfriends were laughing before sharing another kiss on the lips. It been about a month since Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle, (or what Pinkie calls her 'Sci-Twi') been dating. It has been wonderful for the two new lovers, even that really strange moment Twilight invited Sunset to have dinner with her parents and older brother.

All Sunset could do is sweat, and bite her lip, not wanting to say anything wrong. She remember that night clearly, since she begged Twilight not to leave her alone with Night Light and Shinning Armour. Sunset sat with her lip pouted out, causing Twilight to roll her eyes at how her girlfriend is acting like a child. It was horrible, those two are far too overprotective of Twilight.

Sunset trying her best to explain that she loves Twilight with all her heart and there's no body else in the world that could take her place. Then, Shinning Armour just asked about other worlds. That's when Sunset's cheeks turned bright red, the teenager was stuttering over her words. She didn't know what to say about it, the question shocked Sunset Shimmer, she was just glad to have Twilight enter the room at that point in time, giving Sunset a kiss. Soon telling off her father and older brother about giving her girlfriend a hard time.

Shinning Armour just scratched the back of his head, letting out a nervous laugh, Sunset knew she loved Twilight, she just didn't know why she did. Sunset watched Twilight talking to Shinning Armour who was begging his younger sister not to tell Candace about him being mean towards Sunset.

Sunset looked to see Night Light with his arms folded, thinking he own the world, when Twilight Sparkle was just to yell out, 'Mom!' Night Light's face froze, now terrified about seeing an angry version of his wife. After the night, Sunset tackled Twilight, locking her lips with her nerdy girlfriend. Twilight's eyes widen in shock at first, before she pulled Sunset closer to her.

Since that night, Sunset still was trying to find out why she loves Twilight, she remember that time on the beach, where she shared her first kiss with Twilight, just before the science nerd asked, which Twilight her or Princess Twilight? It was a simple answer, since Sunset been crushing on pony princess human counterpart for awhile now.

Sunset Shimmer looked around, she didn't even remember bidding goodbye to Twilight Sparkle or leaving the park. Sunset just guess she was just lost in thought so, much that time just past on by with her on auto pilot. The teen took out her journal, opening the pages to write to her friend, Princess Twilight Sparkle.

The next day, Sunset was crashing over at Twilight's place, the geeky teenager was using Sunset as a pillow for the moment. Not wanting to move, since Twilight found Sunset's lay too comfortable. Twilight had her laptop, set up into her T.V, watching shows on YouTube,

Sunset rolled her eyes, turning off the computer with the wireless mouse. Twilight napped on Sunset Shimmer's lap, not wanting to wake up the sleeping beauty. Sunset slowly reached for her Journal, seeing if Princess Twilight had wrote her back. Sunset's cheeks heat up with a blush, reading Princess Twilight's words carefully, since the alicorn princess was wondering if Sunset Shimmer was trying to hit on her.

Sunset shut the Journal, not even bothering writing Princess Twilight Sparkle back. She looked down on Twilight's human counterpart sleeping form, Sunset was thinking it was crazy, thinking that she had feeling for both Twilight Sparkle's. Sunset kissed her girlfriend forehead.

"You got to kiss her on the lips to wake her up." Twilight muttered out, Sunset rolled her eyes.

"Alright, I'll see if I can find Spike, he just had his dog food." Sunset joked, causing Twilight to wake up.

The science geek looked at her laughing girlfriend, Twilight pushed Sunset off the bed, even when falling, she was still roaring with laughter. Twilight stuck her tongue out at Sunset's chortling, Sunset turn to look at the clock above Twilight's Television, Sunset not wanting to run into Shinning Armour or Night Light, the teen gave her geeky girlfriend a kiss on the lips before bolting out the door.

Twilight looked to see Sunset Shimmer's Journal while it lay on the floor. She shook her head, saying to herself that she would return it to her girlfriend tomorrow at School. Curiosity started to bite at her, Twilight kept looking back at it while she worked on her Homework. She bite her lip, not wanting to read it.

"Well, I'm sure Sunset wouldn't mind if I read one page." Twilight said, to herself.

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle:

Well, this is going to be weird, to explain, but I started to date, umm.. Well Twilight Sparkle. Your human counterpart, I really like her, she's the best thing that has ever happen to me.

Then I began to think, before I'll call her Sci-Twi. Before Sci-Twi and I shared our first kiss as a new couple on the beach. Sci-Twi asked if I liked her or you. I answered her, but I began to think otherwise.

I don't know, what I feel anymore. Everything I like about Sci-Twi, I like about you. Since you both are the same person or pony. I was wondering if you had any Princess words of wisdom? I do love Sci-Twi, she's amazing, but I'm just wondering if maybe it just a crush to you.

From Sunset Shimmer.

Twilight Sparkle shut the book with a loud slam, "Am I only second best? Did she only go out with me, because she couldn't be with the pony counterpart of me?" Twilight Sparkle question through out the night.


The next day, Twilight gave Sunset Shimmer her Journal back. Sunset raised eyebrow at her geeky girlfriend. Twilight flat out lied to Sunset's face, saying that she didn't read anything that Sunset had wrote. Through the day, Twilight couldn't look at her so called girlfriend. All the purple hair girl could see is Sunset Shimmer in love with somebody else, and dating her because Sunset couldn't be with the real person or pony in her case that Sunset Shimmer loved.

Sunset sat down with her friends, Twilight wasn't giving her the time of day anymore. Just pressing ignore on her cell phone whenever Sunset decided to call her. It was lunchtime, the six friends were sitting at a round table. Pinkie and Rainbow sat the closest to each other, Pinkie always leaning on the rainbow hair girl.

"That's so unlike Twilight, you say that she just stopped talking and just avoid you." Rarity said, Sunset shake her head.

"Yeah, last night she was acting normal was when I crash at her place on the weekend." Sunset spoke, Fluttershy raised her eyebrow.

"Maybe she did read your Journal, and just lied. What did you write in there?" Fluttershy asked, Sunset's eyes were wide, frozen in shock.

"Oh, no." Sunset Shimmer whisper out, under her breath.

"Something wrong?" Rainbow asked

"Yeah, I gotta go." Sunset said, leaving the five girls at the table.

Sunset enter the library, seeing Twilight sitting reading a book she picked for English Class. Sunset pulled out a chair, the science geek closed her book looking at her flaming hair girlfriend. Anger filled Twilight's eyes, not wanting to even talk to Sunset at the moment.

"We need to talk." Sunset spoke, Twilight rolled her eyes.

"Fine, I'll talk. Don't lie, to yourself Twi' sure I might love Princess Twilight like how I love you..."

"That's because you a cheat! That's all you are Sunset Shimmer, a cheat, going around breaking hearts of anyone who stand in your way. You cheat on Flash, you cheat on me, nothing but a dirty cheating liar." Twilight said, venom spit from her mouth.

"Me, a cheat? You think you're any different! What about Timber Spruce, I saw you giving him, the 'I want you eyes' you are no different! Just a dirty little..." Sunset yelled, causing Twilight to slap Sunset before she could finished.

"I've been your fool for far too long Sunset. I don't want to be hurt, I have no idea why I ever loved you!" Twilight yelled, Sunset grinding her teeth.

"Because you crawl to me after your little demon accident, crying over it and running to me! Throwing yourself on me, because that who you are, just a cheap lay." Sunset Shimmer smashed her fist against the table in anger.

Twilight Sparkle didn't say a word, leaving Sunset alone to sit in the library. She sat holding her head with her hands, watching the table until the bell broke her away from it. A week past after Twilight's and Sunset's little fight, and it spend across the school like a wild fire, soon everyone knew about it in one day.

Sunset and Twilight moving away from each other, trying to avoid any eye contact. If the two past each other in the halls, people fled, or made a circle wanting to see the two girls fight each other. Twilight would just roll her eyes and pretend that she just didn't know Sunset Shimmer. Sunset did the same for Twilight, the girl with hair like fire hasn't even touched her Journal since she and Twilight got in the fight and parted ways. Sunset didn't know what to write to Princess Twilight, nothing would seem right.

Sunset have been trying to make it up with Twilight or at less try and talk to her. Phoning her night and morning, when Shinning Armour answered the phone, Sunset could hear Twilight voice yelling out, 'Tell her, I'm not home!' The five friends, tried to get Sunset and Twilight to start talking again with nothing working.

Sunset sat with a pen in her hand, a bin overfilled with paper balls. Sunset trying to find out what to write to Princess Twilight. Banging her head against the wall, she decide the truth might be for the best.

"Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle;

So, my girlfriend, Twilight Sparkle, (Sci-Twi) umm... Read what I wrote about loving you just like how I love her. Well Sci-Twi didn't take it so, well. Since your a Twilight Sparkle I was hoping that maybe you give me a few pointers? (Just pretend I'm giving off a cheap grin.)

Please, I do love her. But I screw up badly, I called her cheap and a easy lay and she called me a cheater and a liar. There was a slap and everything went to hell.

Please help, from Sunset Shimmer."

It didn't take Princess Twilight to write back to Sunset, reading the pony words. Going over that Princess Twilight would be mad if her marefriend did that, she would be angry as well. Sunset Shimmer left bad, with each word that Princess Twilight wrote down, tears ran down Sunset's face.

It was a cold day, the strong icy air of winter blew through town. Sunset kept her hands in her pockets, her head down walking through the snow that fell last night. Sunset sat outside the school, in the freezing cold, the statue glowed with Princess Twilight Sparkle flying on the snow.

Sunset picked up the fallen Princess, giving Princess Twilight a smile, just to look over the pony turned human shoulder. Seeing this world's Twilight Sparkle, looking at them, she just lowed her head, and began to walk in the school. Sunset rushed over to grab Twilight's arm.

"Let go of me, Sunset!" Twilight ordered, Sunset just ignored.

"Just let go. You have the one you have the one you truly love over there. Just leave me, and go to me. Why else would you ask Princess me here?" Twilight asked, Sunset bite her lip.

"I ... I ..."

Sunset Shimmer let go of Twilight's arm, the science geek left inside going into the nice warm school. Princess Twilight followed this world's Twilight Sparkle, the two counterparts sat down next to each other.

"This, unicorn in my world told me to stop coming here. He said, it would destroy my world and yours. So, I'll keep my visit short. There's nothing between Sunset and me, I have a marefriend in Equestria, you should just go back to Sunset." Princess Twilight spoke

"I don't know if what we broke could get fix, both Sunset and I were in the wrong and a lot of hurtful words were flying around for almost a week. So, let me ask you Princess, if your marefriend did this to you and called you a easy lay, would you want her back?" Human Twilight asked

"No, I don't think I would. That's something would need time and love to fix, you love Sunset and I know Sunset still loves you, or I hope she does. You and Sunset just need to work and fix this relationship that you two share," Princess Twilight paused, looking at the time.

"I better go, good luck with Sunset!" Princess Twilight said, leaving the science geek alone.

Sunset Shimmer watched Princess Twilight Sparkle hurry towards the mirror statue. Sunset sat next to her girlfriend? The hair like fire didn't know if she and Twilight were still together or not, they never broke up, but Sunset just guessed that the two were.

"Sunset, no more lies. No more playing around, just to save my feeling. If you don't love me, just say so." Twilight said, Sunset rub her head.

"I think we need a break. So, Twilight. I'm breaking up with you, until we can be around each other." Sunset spoke, Twilight kissed Sunset's cheek.

"I guess, this is it. Goodbye Sunset, I'll happy to stay friends, but this is the end." Twilight said, leaving Sunset to sit alone.

Sunset sat by herself, not wanting to move, holding the cheek that Twilight kissed, Sunset let out a sigh shaking her head.

"Yeah, this is it."

Author's Note:

The world, isn't sunshine and rainbows. There got to be rain sometimes, I wanted to write another Sunset x Twilight story, but not a Sunset likes Twilight and Twilight likes Sunset and the two are too shy to say so, but they both love each other.

So, I want to build on relationship, that's why I loved writing Shy Rainbows and Musical Taste (Tales of Love 2) because they act like a relationship, I been wanting to write more of these kinds of stories, and I petty sure that Princess Twilight going to the human world is half useless.

Here's The Haunted Piano, the video Twilight and Sunset watched, there was a part from the video but it was useless so, I removed it.

And here's the song, the story is somewhat based off. If This Is It by Huey Lewis and The News

Comments ( 13 )

not really a fan of this it honestly felt forced like you just wanted quick drama hell the 2 never even really talked things out

Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle (EqG) have been dating for a month now. Their friends and family are both happy for the new couple. But once Princess Twilight Sparkle visit and Twilight (EqG) sees how her pony counterpart and Sunset Shimmer get along. It makes Twilight (EqG) feel like Sunset was only dating her, because Sunset and Princess Twilight couldn't be together and Twilight (EqG) was second best.

Meanwhile, Sunset Shimmer begins to grow a crush on other persons since Twilight (EqG) have stopped talking and just avoiding Sunset, causing a bigger bridge between her and Twilight (EqG). Soon leads to them trying to reason with the other with the best option is if the two break it off and remain friends.

~ ~ ~

How do you do all that in just 2k words?

8663424
I don't know, :unsuresweetie: I just wrote what came to mind.

Comment posted by Sciset deleted Jan 11th, 2018

You're really not supposed to put your entire outline in the description. I didn't even need to read the story since I had all the plot points already.

The ending was a little bittersweet and disappointing but it's a Good story.

8663442
So I gave this a read. It was hard, to be honest. In many places there were past and present tense changes, and wrong words used because of it.

The worst thing though was it felt rushed. The pacing was way too quick. You could've slowed it down and added perhaps 3k words to flesh it out and add detail.

Can't really say anymore than what has already been said. Yes, this is very rushed and could have been fleshed out more.

I do like the concept and story. Execution could have been better.

The concept itself is interesting but because of the rushed drama it falls flat. A shame I wanted to like this story.

pretty good concept and all, seems open to a continuation of sorts.

Good concept, poor execution. The whole thing felt extremely rushed and slightly OOC.

Login or register to comment