• Published 8th Jan 2018
  • 1,522 Views, 71 Comments

Equestria Girls: Reimagined - Candle Light



A rewritten and more fleshed out version of Equestria Girls

  • ...
5
 71
 1,522

Epilogue

Equestria Girls: Reimagined
Epilogue
by Candle light
based on a story by Meghan McCarthy

Princess Celestia, ruler of a nation, was prancing alone in her throne room, looking at the stained glass windows, each depicting an important event in pony history. The founding of the Arch Mage guild. Twilight and friends conquering Nightmare Moon. Only the most recent events deemed historical was displayed here, the rest being kept in the library, in a special chamber dedicated to the country’s history.

If Celestia could have her way, she would create a new one for the battle between her two former students. But that would have been self indulgent. One day, far off in the future, a new ruler would take Celestia’s place, and this individual would not understand what it represented.

Speaking of her former student, Twilight sure was taking her time. She had come to Canterlot to join the Arch Mages in a three-day study session of the mirror—an Arch Spell they had for so long thought was too dangerous to touch—and she had promised she would meet up with her afterward. She hoped she hadn’t collapsed out of exhaustion somewhere in the corridors, as had happened in the past when Twilight had been too absorbed in her—

“Princess?”

The voice made her freeze up. That was not the voice of Twilight Sparkle.

There she stood. Her old student, bigger now than when she had first saw her jump through the mirror, and none of the contempt in her eyes.

“Sunset Shimmer,” she spoke. It had barely been two weeks since Twilight had returned from the Mirror World. She had been prepared to wait for as long as was necessary, but to have this meeting so soon… she wasn’t ready. What would she say?

Sunset walked closer, and sat down in front of her. Celestia sat down as well. They both just sat there, looking into each other's eyes. ‘You have become a fine mare.’ No, it was too soon. Shouldn’t she still be upset at her? ‘I see you have come back.’ Stating the obvious meant nothing. ‘What did you learn?’ Too condescending; she had no right to ask that now.

So she did what she always did when her mind failed her. She relied on her instincts. And right now, it made her put a hoof around Sunset Shimmer, pulling her close. Sunset returned the embrace. That was the answer. There was no need for words. With that simple gesture, Celestia sensed her remorse, her desire to be better, and that Sunset knew how much she had missed her.

“I can’t stay,” Sunset told her. “I have a home there now, and friends…”

“I know.”

“Just promise me one thing.” She looked up at her. “Don’t forget about me… and if you can, remember the good times, as well as the bad…”

“I will never forget.”

“A-and one more thing,” she added quickly, “I know I shouldn’t ask, but… do you think you could have a message delivered to one Scribble Dee, of the Sleipnir Nomads.”

Celestia made sure to look as though she was thinking it over. “Well, I suppose I could accommodate this once, but you have to promise me something in return.”

“What is it?”

“Don’t give up on Equestria,” Celestia said. “If you want to live out the rest of your life in the other world, so be it, but don’t remember this world as a place only filled with your darkest memories.”

Sunset broke into a smile, a sign that she had understood what she wanted to convey. “I think I can do that. Heck, I’ve got bad memories no matter where I go. What I need now is new, better ones.”

“Precisely. And Twilight,” Celestia added, looking over at the opened door, “do pay her a visit once in a while. I think she would appreciate it.”

A flustered purple pony appeared from behind the door. “Sorry; just wanted to let you two have your moment.”

“And I thank you for it. But listen to me, both of you.” Twilight came up next to Sunset Shimmer. What a marvelous sight: two of her former student, standing side by side. It made her want to tear up, but she had to keep a straight face for this. “You have both studied under me, and you have both found different paths in life. And through much hardships, you have both learned what friendship could be, and I want you both to remember—”

Oh, forget it! She let the waterworks run, which startled both of them. With eyes blurry and the biggest smile on her face, she pulled them both into a big hug. “Happy graduation day! To both of you! You make me the proudest teacher alive!”

Comments ( 8 )

Ahh, here it is.

The hug was a good choice.

You should do this for the other 3 movies and the specials

Aww... What a sweet ending there. (And kind of funny, too.)

Nice work all around! :pinkiehappy:

Is this over because if it is, you might want to change it to Completed then?

8912414
Ah, thanks for reminding me. Completely slipped my mind.

Login or register to comment