• Published 7th Jan 2018
  • 1,361 Views, 19 Comments

Sun's Equestria Girls Adventure The Friendship Games - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun and her friends are competing againset Crystal Prep along with Twilight's counterpart in the games, and keep the magic undercontrol

  • ...
2
 19
 1,361

Chapter 8: Midnight Sparkle Strikes

The Next day, on a windy and cloudy day, The final round of the Friendship Games is about to start very soon. At one side is Canterlot High and the other side is Crystal Prep Academy. Each team is determined to see the results and see who wins the games. Principal Celestia, Vice Principal Luna, and Dean Cadence are at the front of the school in front of the door with the microphone.

"Since the score's tied, the final event will determine the winner of the Friendship Games," Dean Cadence announces through the microphone,

"Somewhere on campus, a pennant from each school has been hidden. The first team to find their school's flag and bring it back wins," Vice Principal Luna says, holding two different flags for each of the schools.

Then Dean Cadence says through the microphone, "And as soon as our teams are ready, we'll begin."

At the CHS side, Sun and her friends are ready to play the games. However, they feel that this isn't the time to worry about winning or anything, know that magic is going out of control.

Fluttershy sighs and says, "I don't feel like playing these games anymore."

"But we have to play. This is the last event!" Rainbow protests.

"It's a little hard to focus with all the magic stealing and portal opening," Rarity says with frustration.

"And we're still trying to figure out how to stop this before it gets too out of hand," Adagio adds.

Then Sonata asks in concern, "But what can we do?"

Aria turns to Sun, and asks, "So Sun, what do you think we should do?"

Aria Blaze and the others look to see Sun is leaning against the side of the bleachers with a sad look on her face. Something is making her in deep in her thoughts.

Falling Star comes over, and asks, "Sun, is something the matter?"

Sun sigh and answers, "Oh, I'm still thinking about what happened yesterday."

"Besides that those Crystal Prep students are so full of themselves," Adagio remarks with frustration.

Sun sighs again and says, "Not really."

"Did you talk to Principal Cinch about this?" Pinkie asks.

"She wouldn't listen to reason. It seems that she and the students think they need to win despite what's been happening. And it doesn't seem that they don't even care if someone gets hurt either!" Sun answers, sounding very upset.

The girls stare at Sun and they never seen her this upset before. They can tell that something is very wrong, and Sun needs to let it out.

"Is there something else bother you, sugarcube?" Applejack asks, putting her hand on Sun's shoulder.

"I'm… I'm going to forfeit the Friendship Games," Sun answers looking very sad and ashamed.

"What?!" The ten girls exclaim in dismay.

"It's… it's not worth it anymore," Sun adds, feeling depressed.

"Of course it's worth it! We have one chance of beating Crystal Prep and Canterlot High wins its first Friendship Games? How could you think winning the games is not worth it anymore?!" Rainbow asks, not believing what Sun is doing.

Applejack and the others are wondering why Sun wants to quit the games. Falling Star and Aria Blaze are starting to get an idea as to why Sun wants to forfeit the games now.

Aria comes over, and asks, "It has something to do on what Twilight told you yesterday, isn't it?"

"It is," Sun answers.

"What do you mean?" Fluttershy asks.

Sun starts to shed some tears on her eyes, and upsetly answers, "Twilight told me what happened and it's horrible! Principal Cinch blackmailed her and that's why she was in the games to begin with?!"

"What?!" The girls gasp in shock and dismay, excluding Aria Blaze and Falling Star since they hear what happened.

"This… this can't be true!" Rainbow Dash panicky asks, not believing what she is hearing.

"It is. Aria and I heard her yesterday when we were in the locker. Principal Cinhc is using her application to Everton to threaten Twilight. If Crystal Prep doesn't win the games, then her chances to get into Everton will be done," Falling Star confirms the situation.

Hearing Falling Star testimony, they can tell that what Twilight has told them is true

Applejack angrily says, "I can't believe Principal Cinch would do this to Twilight like that."

"And she accused us of cheating when she did something worse!" Rainbow furiously adds.

"That's the reason why I want to forfeit, it's not worth winning if Twilight is being threatened like this. I felt awful when Twilight told me, and I'm so scared for her having to go through this," Sun explains, as she wipes a tear from her face.

"Especially since she never mean to do all of this," Fluttershy adds, feeling sorry for Twilight to go through something and ended up with more on her plate.

"What can we do?" Rarity asks.

"I'm still going to forfeit the games because my friendship with Twilight is more important than winning this stupid game," Sun answers, sounding a bit sour about this whole event.

The others can understand why Sun is sounding upset about it. The Friendship Games is supposed to be about friendship and fun, but this turned into a sour competition where there has to be one winner. They believe Sun is tired of this, and want this stop before something happens, especially with the magic problem they're dealing with.

Rainbow Dash walks to Sun and says, "I think you should do it."

"Really?" Sun says looking confused.

"Yeah, I would really like to win, but while Twilight is being blackmailed… I won't want to win like this," Rainbow says.

Then Applejack says, "If Twilight knows you're giving us CHS chance to win the games for her friendship, I think she will be very proud of her that you choose her over winning."

Sun looks at her friends, and they are looking confident about Sun's idea about quitting the games while there's still a chance.

"Thanks guys," Sun replies.

Then Rainbow says, "Besides, if you're going to quit, then I quit too."

"I agree. Winning the games is not worth it when someone is miserable about being a part of it," Applejack agrees.

"Yes darling, winning is never worth that kind of dilemma on someone else," Rarity replies.

"Yeah," Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy say at the same time.

Falling Star and The Dazzlings nod their heads agreeing to the idea about Twilight's feeling should go before winning the games. Besides, Sun and the others know that Twilight needs their help more than ever.

At the side of Crystal Prep, Principal Cinch and the students are having a discussion about winning the games for the school's reputation and the magical they have seen that CHS has. Twilight however is holding her device close to her because she promised Sun not to let it out of her site. Spike comes out of the bushes to see how Twilight's doing, but Twilight quietly use her hand to get him to stay in the bushes.

Twilight hears Principal Cinch firmly says to the students, "I know I'm asking you to beat a team that isn't playing fair, but Canterlot High must be made to understand that even with magic at their disposal, beating Crystal Prep is simply not an option."

"What if they grow wings again?" Sugarcoat asks.

"A fair question. Though I believe we can now fight fire with fire," Principal Cinch firmly answers as she walks to Twilight.

Twilight looks up to see Principal Cinch and her classmates are looking at her with serious looks in their eyes. Twilight is starting to get a bad feeling about this.

Principal Cinch says to Twilight, "I've seen what your device can do, Twilight. Containing magical energy is fine, but have you considered releasing it?"

"But I don't even understand how it works!" Twilight asks sounding very worried and a little scared after the last time the device has been used.

"But you'd like to. And since our opponents have already used it to stay competitive, I see no reason why we shouldn't do the same," Principal Cinch firmly explains as the students walk in a line standing behind her.

"But… but…" Twilight stutters nervously.

"But what, Twilight?" Principal Cinch firmly replies.

"I promised Sun that I wouldn't do anything with it. She and her friends said that it might be too dangerous. They're still trying to understand it themselves," Twilight sadly answers.

Principal Cinch firmly looks at Twilight after hearing it, but can see Twilight really cares about Sun and has made a promise to her. This ends up giving Principal Cinch an idea on how to get Twilight to use her device.

Then Principal Cinch says, "Twilight I'll be honest, I actually can see a somewhat of a good potential within your friend, and her so called magic is a part of that potential. However, as long as we're in the games, we must live up to Crystal Prep's reputation and must use that very magic that kept your friend strong."

"Unless, of course, you have no interest in Everton." Principal Cinch adds in a threatening tone.

But calmly persuades Twilight, "Though, honestly, I think there's more knowledge packed in that little device than any independent study program could offer, and you might be able to help your friend with the very magic you have."

Principal Cinch:

I realize that you've always been an outcast

It's not everyone at school who likes to think

Principal Cinch walks over to Twilight, and continue to stare at her.

Principal Cinch:

To find a student that's like you

I've had one or maybe two

Principal Cinch walks around Twilight as Twilight continued to stare at her with concern holding her device close to her chest. Principal Cinch walks back to her students and turned around to face Twilight.

Principal Cinch:

But the good ones disappear before I blink

Then Principal Cinch snaps her fingers at Twilight, and Twilight gets a bit scared.

Shadowbolts:

(Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, oh

Oh, wuh-oh-wuh)

Twilight looks to see Principal Cinch and her classmates looking at her as the students gets close to her. Then Principal Cinch walks towards Twilight.

Principal Cinch:

Now, I understand you have your reservations

Shadowbolts:

(oh-wuh)

Principal Cinch:

It's hard to have a brain as large as yours

Shadowbolts:

(oh-oh-oh-oh)

Twilight looks at the people standing in front of her and looking a bit scared. Twilight glasses tip off a bit, and adjust them a bit. Just then Principal Cinch has her face close to Twilight's.

Principal Cinch:

But if we don't win these games

Well, I think I've made it plain

Principal Cinch uses her finger to lift her face to look at her with a firm look on her face.

Principal Cinch:

What will happen if we have the losing scores!

Principal Cinch firmly stares at Twilight as the students of Crystal Prep beging to walk around her pressuring Twilight to release the magic within her device.

Shadowbolts:

(Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, oh

Oh, wuh-oh-wuh)

Unleash the magic, unleash the magic

If we lose, then you're to blame

(ah, ah-ah-ah)

The students circle around Twilight and they want her to release the magic. Twilight feels scared and pressured by it, especially since she promised Sun not to let it out.

Shadowbolts:

They all have used it, maybe abused it

(ah-ah-ah)

So then why can't we do the same?

(Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, oh

Oh, wuh-oh-wuh)

Next Thing Twilight sees is the five classmates she has been in the second round at, wanting the very same thing. Twilight looks at her device feeling pressured and worried about the magic contain in it. Twilight turns around to see Principal Cinch.

Principal Cinch:

Call it power, call it magic

If we lose, it will be tragic

More important is the knowledge we'll have lost

Principal Cinch walks towards Twilight as she holds the device. Principal Cinch points to the device persuading her even more. Twilight looks at her device for a little bit.

Shadowbolts:

(oh-oh-oh-oh)

Twilight then looks at Principal Cinch.

Principal Cinch:

A chance like this won't come again

You'll regret not giving in

Isn't understanding magic worth the cost?

Twilight becomes pressured and yet become very anxious about releasing the magic to learn more about it.

Shadowbolts:

(Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, oh

Oh, wuh-oh-wuh)

Twilight turns around to see the five girl classmates are walking up to her with serious looks.

Shadowbolts:

Unleash the magic, unleash the magic

We're not friends here after all

The Shadowbolt girls walk towards Twilight pressuring her even more as Twilight continued to walk back. Twilight turned around to see Principal Cinch with a stern look on her face.

Shadowbolts:

Our only interest in this business

(ah-ah-ah)

Is seeing Canterlot High School fall

(Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, oh

Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, oh)

Twilight has never been so worried and scared before. The students and their principal wants to win while she doesn't want her application to be denied and learn more about magic. But on the other hand, she doesn't want to let her friend down, but thinks that realising it might help them too.

Principal Cinch grabs Twilight from the shoulders to deep her curiosity and pressure.

Principal Cinch:

What I'm suggesting's very simple

And since it's win-win on all scores

Principal Cinch turns Twilight so she can face her.

Principal Cinch:

You only want to learn about the

Magic that you have stored

Principal Cinch then grabs her by the shoulders and slowly pushes her through the two aisle of students.

Principal Cinch:

And as for me and all the others

We only want what we deserve

That our school will clinch the win

Principal Cinch clutches her hands onto Twilight's shoulders, then slowly pushes her to the field of the Friendship Games.

Principal Cinch:

And my...

Principal Cinch and Shadowbolts:

...legacy will endure

Unleash the magic, unleash the magic

If we lose, then it's a crime

Twilight ends up at front of everyone who are by and on the bleachers. She is so pressured by her principal and classmates, and somehow encourage to not only learn about magic, but to help Sun and the others. Twilight looks at her device for a second, and begins to walk to the device and is holding it tight. Spike comes out the bush and rushes out of there to see what's happening.

Principal Cinch and Shadowbolts:

But we can win it if you begin it

(ah-ah-ah)

It's up to you to not fail this time

Sun and the girls look behind them to see Twilight walking over to the center of the year. Sun decides that it's time to talk to Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna about forfeiting the games.

Male Shadowbolts:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

As Twilight walks over to the center, she takes off the device around her neck and is holding it by the lace.

Female Shadowbolts:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Spike walks over and fearing that Twilight is going to release the magic from the device. Everyone can see Sun and Twilight heading to the center of the front lawn of the school.

Twilight Sparkle:

Imagine all I'll learn by setting it free

Male Shadowbolts:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Female Shadowbolts:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Twilight holds out her device and thinking about everything she can learn about it, and to help her friend. Even though she is being pressured for her school's goal.

Vice Principal Luna grabs the microphone, and says, "If both teams are ready…"

Male Shadowbolts:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Twilight Sparkle:

And now winning these games depends on me

Twilight stands there putting her finger on the device. Sun is about to walk over to her principles of the school until she sees Twilight with her device. She sees the sad look in her eye and having her device out, Sun fears that Twilight is going to open the device with the magic inside.

Female Shadowbolts:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Sun starting to run as his little paws can carry to reach to Twilight in time,

Twilight Sparkle:

And what doors might open if I try to use it

Male Shadowbolts:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Twilight looks at her device seeing it glow purple. She then looks straight in front of her, and suddenly feels something strange. Her eyes admitting a strange light blue, and purple spark.

Dean Cadence announces through the microphone, "...the last event of the Friendship Games begins…"

Female Shadowbolts:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Male Shadowbolts:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Twilight Sparkle:

But the magic's what I really want to see

Twilight hold her device in front of her and is starting to open it.

Shadowbolts:

Unleash the magic, free the magic...

As Twilight begins to open her device, Sun begins to rush over to stop Twilight. Spike runs to Twilight for the very same reason.

Sun and Spike:

Twilight, no!

Shadowbolts:

Unleash the magic, free the magic...

"Now!" Vice Principal Luna and Dean Cadence shout through the microphone.

However it's too late, Twilight opens her device, and a large explosion of magic comes out of it sending everyone else to the ground. Twilight is also hit by the blast causes her hair to be undone and her glasses to be knocked off. Everyone in the school are stunned to see the magical blast and the magic that contain in the device is starting to glow.

Things have become worse when the magic orb leaves the device and starts to lift Twilight in the air. That causes the device to drop into the ground. As Twilight starts to be lifted up in the air, the orb containing the magic becomes bigger and is starting to consume Twilight.

"Twilight!" Sun screams in fear.

Fearing the worst for her friend, Sun runs over to the center of the school yard to rescue Twilight.

Sun manages to grab Twilight by her right hand and tries to pull her down.

Sun calls out, "Twilight, just don't let go of my hand!"

"I won't!" Twilight answers inf ear and grabbing hold on Sun's hand.

Sun tries her hardest to pull Twilight way from the magic containing in the orb, but doesn't have the strength. The magic that is lifting Twilight in the air is bringing Sun up in the air else is just standing there petrified in fear of the event, and don't know what to do.

Shining Armor runs over shouting, "Twily!"

Then grabs her by the ankles. He tries to pull her down, but can't get her to budge and is being lifted into the air too.

Rainbow Dash turns to the others and says, "Come on guys, they need help!"

Rainbow Dash, Aria, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie grab a hold of Shining Armor while Fluttershy, Rarity, Adagio, Falling and Sonata grab hold of Sunset. Not even adding nine people are enough to pull Twilight down. The magic contained in the device that is now released is holding Twilight really tight and not budging an inch. Twilight is fearing this and everyone else is looking so scared that they are unable to move. Twilight looks down to see her older brother, Sun along with her friends are holding on to her tight, and refused to let go.

Twilight scaredly screams, "Sun, just let me go! If you don't… you'll end up going with me!"

"No! I'll never let go… even if it means forever!" Sun shouts with a determined look and holding on her Twilight even harder.

Twilight gasps in shock and quietly says, "For-forever!"

Sun and her friends along with Twilight's brother Shining Armor, continue to pull as hard as they can to get Twilight out, but it's useless. Sun's Equestrian family along with Discord, Screwball and the Crusaders grab hold of them and try to pull them down as well, but still can't get Twilight out of the magic's grasp.

Applejack struggles as she says, "It's no use, the magic is stuck to Twilight like glue."

"She won't budge," Rainbow adds.

"We need to try," Sun adds.

Jus then, Twilight screams in fear, "Help… me!"

The magic continues to consume Twilight and is able to engulf her completely. Sun's armsa are dragged in there, and feels the painful magic. Shining Armor hands slips from Twilight's ankles, but she manages to grab onto Sun's ankle and try to help the others get Sun and Twilight out. The magic and purple electric feeling becomes too much for Sun, that she ends up letting go and she and everyone else falls to the ground along with everyone else. They also fall on top of each other. Everyone are able to get off of each other to see Twilight is completely absorbed into the magic she has taken, and see there is nothing they can do.

Just then a flash of light making a loud boom sound. Twilight's eyes glow white and her forehead lets out a bright purple glow, and Twilight begins to transform. Twilight shoes chained into a glowing light blue shoes with purple leg tights with wings on the bottle with matching blue gloves, a purple sleeveless dress with two of magenta and light purple six pointed stars, and a shocker that has the magenta star on it. She gains dark purple feathered wings, a light blue crooked horn on her forehead. When Twilight opens her eyes it let out a light blue flame like lens on her face. Her eyes has shrunk into a purple color and has a glowing light blue iris around it. Her hair floats in the air in a purple and magenta color.

When the transformation is done, everyone especially the Crystal Prep students and staff are shocked to see what Twilight has become. Sun and her friends know that Twilight has been consumed by Equestria magic and possibly the negative feeling and desire in her heart. Now Twilight has become a creature that's been controlled my magic and her own desire.

Author's Note:

Midnight Sparkle rises!