• Published 9th Jan 2018
  • 957 Views, 29 Comments

Sundered Universes - Super Ponyman



Following the events of Fires of Friendship and Ice of Hatred, Midnight Sparkle has escaped to another universe entirely, Burning Star's allies Quickfire and Hiller are sent to capture her, and have to team up with group of elite ponies for help!

  • ...
0
 29
 957

Chapter 17: A War of Words, Weapons, and World-Killing Alicorns

Author's Note:

Here we go! the battle against Midnight Sparkle is here! We got a lot of stuff to cover, so let's get to it!

(Edited 5/22/18: Put in other battle theme I had in mind. Don't hurt me...)

We got speeches, we got action, but most importantly...

WE GOT MIDNIGHT SPARKLE VS BURNING STAR!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mares and Stallions of all ages... let us begin.

(1st Piece of Music (best boss theme) belongs to Toby Fox and Undertale!)

(2nd Piece of Music Belongs to Sonic O6 and SEGA)

(Canterlot Caves, Massive Cavern)

Shining Armor was scared.

No... he was Faust-damned terrified!

Not only was he about to go out and fight somepony who resembled his own sister, he would be doing it while fighting alongside one of his worst enemies imaginable... and said enemy had recently gained Alicorn status, something that made him even more of a threat to his world.

The Shadow King, Sombra.

At first, the Shining Armor of Burning Star's World found it odd being on another world altogether, a world that seemed similar to his own, but still drastically different.

For one thing, the King Sombra of this world is dead... giving him a small ray of hope.

But it still meant that he had to work with the King Sombra of his world, the very same one who tried to corrupt his sister... TWICE.

Needless to say, he didn't trust Sombra at all, but somepony once said that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." So he needed to rely on him to succeed in this battle.

King Sombra surprisingly, was also rather frightened, which was completely alien to him.

He wasn't scared of Midnight Sparkle, no no, he was scared of his former student, and his son, losing it and becoming Dark Star.

Shadow Armor wasn't scared in the slightest, mainly because he just didn't have the time to feel fear.

There was too much at stake, both the fate his world and the fate of this world were hanging in the balance, and he would not let both fall to an Alicorn that believes herself to be a god.

Although Shadow Armor wasn't happy that he had to work alongside Sombra, he knew that the only way out of this alive and relatively unscathed was to have the Shadow King's massive army swamp Midnight, letting Burning Star move in for the kill. There was no way he wouldn't kill her after everything she has done to make their lives a living hell!

Finally, Prince Eclipsio was frightened, but not for his safety...

He feared for the safety of both worlds inhabitants, he knew that if Midnight won, both worlds would be ravaged until Midnight was crowned the ruler of both worlds, he cannot allow such a tyrant to come to power again!

Shadow Armor was busy sharpening his sword on a whetstone when Prince Eclipsio landed next to him and asked him a question.

"Shadow Armor?" He said, beads of sweat on his face, "Are you afraid of this battle that will begin?"

Shadow Armor responded with a grunt, "No. I cannot afford to be afraid at a time like this, if I freeze up in the middle of battle, it could cost me my life or the lives of the ponies I must protect. So no, I am not afraid of Midnight Sparkle, nor her army or her minions."

King Sombra chimed in, "He is lying you know, We are all scared. You have to be crazy not to be. Shadow Armor is just hiding his emotions like always..."

The black knight growled at the Shadow King, "Emotions are secondary to my duty as a knight of Twilight's guard. I cannot afford to let them influence my judgment in any way."

Shining Armor sighed, "Everypony needs to feel Shadow Armor, it's what makes you, me, and anypony different than a wild animal. Wild animals don't usually have feelings, it's usually pure survival instinct that they run off of."

Prince Eclipsio shook his head, "Not true. All living creatures are dependent on survival instincts, doesn't matter if you're a pony or a dragon, we each have a central instinct to survive to the best of our abilities. What makes us ponies different is the fact that we can think and choose our actions, instead of being driven by a single thought nearly all the time."

Shining Armor walked over to a sharpening stone and began to sharpen the tip of his war spear until it gleamed in the dull light of the torches.

While Shadow Armor was a big fan of a sword, Shining Armor was trained mainly to use Spear and Shield in tandem. He studied the technique of the Ancient Gracian warriors called Spartans, and how dangerous they were on the battlefield.

Eclipsio felt a pulse of magic emanating from the surface, he whistled to the group and said, "Hey! Everypony, Burning Star has launched his charge, if we get another pulse, we attack as well."

He turned to King Sombra, "Sombra! Ready the army, I wish to speak to them!"

Sombra bellowed, "ALL TROOPS, FALL IN!"

Prince Eclipsio stepped onto a ledge that hung over the tunnel that led to the surface, he had a set of silver armor with chrome black stripes running down the chest plate. Strapped at his side was an double sided axe with a chrome black head.

Prince Eclipsio began to speak, he used the Royal Canterlot Voice, "Soldiers of the Black Crystal Army, Celestia's Guarid, Luna's Guard, and any other able bodied stallion or mare present, lend me your ears! Today... is the day. Today we show the forces of darkness just how much fight a pony has in them! Today... WE WILL FIGHT!"

"Just beyond this tunnel lies the army of the Alicorn Godess Of Magic, Midnight Sparkle. She thinks herself a god among ponies, that she is better than us. Let me hear your voice, IS SHE!?"

All the soldiers in the cavern yelled, "NO!"

Eclipsio took flight, flying above the vast army, all the while he still spoke his wonderful speech. "Midnight may be strong, strong enough to best the likes of Celestia and Luna. But she lacks the ability to beat a combined army of both light and shadow. When the time is right, we will charge into her army and cut them down like wheat in a field! EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!"

King Sombra took over, his famous Scythe of Umbra strapped across his back. his voice booming like some sort of giant monster, "WE have the advantage of NUMBERS and POWER. With our armies combined strength, we will stop this war and save our worlds for the future!"

Shining Armor stepped forward, saying as loud as he could, "WE WILL PERSEVERE IN THE FACE OF THESE IMPOSSIBLE ODDS AND BRING DOWN THIS DARK POWER FOR GOOD!"

Shadow Armor finished off the speech, his deep voice echoing throughout the cavern, "WE WILL DEFEAT MIDNIGHT SPARKLE, OR WE WILL DIE TRYING! WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER TO HER! WE FIGHT TILL THE LAST PONY! NOW WHO IS WITH US!?"

Resounding cries of battle roared throughout the cave, this army was prepared to march into battle with swords drawn and Magic flared.

Today was a good day... a good day indeed.

(Canterlot Outskirts, The Battlefield)

Burning Star and the heroes were still running towards Midnight's army, who were also quickly closing the gap.

On his left side was Freedom Fighter, Iron Steed, Wind Walker, and Hiller

On his right was Noble Blade, Quickfire, and Thorn Horn.

And above him flew Crimson Mane, Firestorm, Sea Breeze, and Thunder Fury.

It was the best battle he had ever been in, not because he was fighting evil...

Because he had something to fight for, his friends and family, and the safety of his world and this world.

The group stopped to catch their breath, the distance between the army and them had grown shorter, but they had been running full sprint for nearly 10 minutes.

Burning Star began to speak as he was panting, his massive sword on his side. "Well, anyone here want to say anything before we make contact with the enemy?"

Noble Blade stepped forward and took out his sword, planting it in the dirt in front of the group and rearing up on two hooves to stand on it.

He began to speak, his voice loud and proud. "Firstly, I would like to thank The Masters of Nature for coming all the way here to stop Midnight. It was also a wonderful experience meeting such... unique ponies."

His eyes narrowed as he turned to the oncoming horde, and he began to speak again, his voice a powerful force in itself.

Wind Walker began to record what Noble was saying in his mind, so that he could have somepony record it later...

"Heroes of Equestria. Today, every mare and stallion who sheds their blood on the field of this city's, no, this worlds defense shall be my brother and sister."

Noble pointed towards the army that was steadily approaching,

"And once this battle is won, Midnight will ask herself, "Why? Why did The heroes of Equestria not flee from weapons and our mighty armies when they could? Why did they stand and fight? And they shall know the answer. For we, are the proud mares and mighty stallions from across these Sundered Universes, and there is no other reason necessary than the complete and utter destruction of Midnight's ambitions!''

Everypony erupted into a cry of passion, even Wind Walker she'd a tear or two at this stallions words.

Noble ripped his sword out of the ground and levied it with the point towards the horizon.

He said his final words, which set off the charge,

"Now let them come, And let them fall before the might of our bonds of teamwork! TO BATTLE!"

With that Noble took off in front of the group, Burning Star right beside him, with the rest of them following close behind.

The heroes finally rammed headfirst into the undead soldiers, with Iron Steed and Freedom Fighter trampling them underneath their hooves. Noble drew his sword and swung it with all his might, cleaving half a dozen zombies in two, spraying dark red blood on his blade and on his face. It tasted like rotten eggs, making him nearly heave up his lunch from the sheer stench.

Hiller jumped into the fray, leaping off of the back of Wind Walker, who shot him high into the air with a blast of wind. Hiller brought his claws out as he tore a large swath in the enemy lines, he transformed his left hoof into a bladed whip, which he then picked up a group of zombies and smashing them about like a rag doll. Firestorm ran up the length of the whip, cutting up any troops still lodged in the blades.

Crimson Mane flew high into the air and began to spin like a top, sending bladed feathers raining down, spearing any enemies in sight. She also dived down and sent a powerful electrified strike using her gloves. The smell of charred flesh filled the air...

A giant zombie grabbed Crimson Mane out of the air, but Crimson Mane only fell down into a pair of ghost white hooves that belonged to Wind Walker.

The blind pony said in a voice that left Crimson feeling haunted.

"I banish you to Tartarus. Rot there for all time..."

Suddenly a black vortex erupted from the ground and tore up the giant undead pony, leaving only his head behind, which Wind Walker walked up to and promptly crushed under his hoof with a single stomp.

Crimson Mane had to hold back a bit of vomit as Wind Walker crushed the head, and then casually scraped it off like gum on his hoof.

He turned to Crimson and said with an unnerving smirk, "What's the matter Red Pony of Terror"? Afraid of a blind pony, that is cute."

With that, Wind Walker rushed back into battle, with Crimson Mane flying off towards another group, truly frightened by the power of that pony...

Burning Star was doing what he did best, he set things on fire. As soon as he ignited his mane, pillars of fire nearly 10 meters wide began to rain down from the sky, large fireballs began to be shot out by the Alicorn of Fire, causing the walking corpses to explode into crispy flesh bits. Said crispy flesh bits bombarded Burning Star, which incinerated on impact.

Iron Steed was currently back to back with Freedom Fighter, who were surrounded by these monsters and Freedom had lost his fighting sticks.

Iron Steed had spotted them, they were laying on the ground about 30 yards away from them. He said to the mute, "Look, I know if you had a voice you would object to this, but, I want you to throw me."

Freedom made a complicated group of gestures that read in simple terms, "Excuse me, What?"

Iron Steed suddenly flowed bright white as his fur was covered by hard metal, he said in his new robotic voice, "Don't think, Freedom. Just throw me!"

Freedom waisted no time and threw Iron Steed like he asked to be. The draft pony was tossed toward Freedom's weapons and landed like a meteor, sending out a loud boom that shook the very ground beneath them, Iron Steed's fall had left a crater about 30 meters wide, and the Master of Metal had climbed out with ease, he tossed Freedom Fighter his weapons just in time for him to stab an undead pony right through the head as it tried to sneak up behind him.

Iron Steed nodded, "Nice one, now let's get to work!"

Wind Walker just got done slicing a zombie in two with his rapier when he saw a zombie Pegasus making a dash towards Firestorm. He roared over the battle towards him, "Firestorm, watch your rear!"

Firestorm preformed a flip in the air, spearing a undead Pegasus with his swords and tearing it into two halves. The Guardian of the Sun responded to Wind Walker, "Thank you! You and these Masters of Nature..." he quickly parried and tore apart an undead unicorn. "are quite deadly warriors? Who trained you guys?"

Thorn Horn rushed by Firestorm, where he saw the pony suddenly separate into a pile of leaves, then reassemble into a decently sized dragon made of plants and leaves, it opened its mouth and began to breathe acidic gas that melted a vast amount of the squadron that was advancing on them.

The tree-drake replied, a serpent like hiss to his voice, "We did not have any professsssional training until recently, little Pegasussss. Mossst of our training was done on our own. Ssssince we were apart for sssso long."

Firestorm found this interesting, but the whole snake hiss thing was annoying. He ignited his two swords and spun like a drill.

he cried out "FLAME DRILL!",

Then he flew headfirst into a giant undead behemoth that stood about as tall as a house, he tore clean through its chest, and the thing fell backwards and evaporated into smoke.

Most of the battle was rather one-sided, with the combined might of the Guardians, Star Hunters, and Masters of Nature being overwhelming despite them being outnumbered.

(The Battlefield, Midnight Sparkle's Command Post)

(Pause music)

Meanwhile on the outskirts of the battlefield, behind the enormous army, Midnight Sparkle and Stygian stood watching the heroes at work.

Stygian, currently in his Pony of Shadows Form looked to Midnight Sparkle and said, "Queen Midnight Sparkle, it seems this army cannot handle the power that these ponies wield, shall we both enter the fray?"

Midnight was about to deny him... but Dark Star's taunt had crushed that doubt, and now Midnight was running on pure blind rage.

She shouted, "No... If Burning Star wants a final battle, I'll give him one!" she finished her sentence with pure venom in her voice.

The Pony of Shadows mentally sighed, Stygian knew that Midnight wasn't thinking clearly... but anything he could say right now probably wouldn't get through to her... would it?

Stygian's Pony of Shadows Form stepped in front of Midnight Sparkle, his eyes narrowed on her as he said, "You need to calm yourself, Midnight Sparkle! This is no time to throw yourself at Burning Star recklessly!"

"STAND ASIDE STYGIAN!"

The Pony of Shadows only hunkered down and put up a large barrier, with it saying, "NOT UNTIL YOU ARE CALM!"

Then... something snapped inside Midnight Sparkle...

With a mighty screech, The Empress of Magic blasted Stygian's Pony of Shadows Form, shattering the barrier as easily as a rock shattering glass. She stepped forward and summoned her armor, it was colored a dark purple with hot pink star patterns on it. At her sides was a pair of scimitars with long smooth blades made of magisteel, the same substance that Crimson Mane's wings were made of.

Her horn elongated and transformed into a wicked sharp crescent.

Even her wings became covered in sharp feathers that gleamed with dark purple energy.

Midnight Sparkle had entered her new battle form... and she fully intended on using it.

The Pony of Shadows tried to physically hold her back, but Midnight Sparkle threw him aside and took off towards the heroes.

The Pony of Shadows began to speak to its host, "Stygian, if there is any time to betray and kill Midnight it is now. She is distracted! It is time to make our move, let us finally put her down and make good on our promise!"

Stygian's face twisted into a psychotic grin, "Yes... I agree. After the heroes perish to her superior magic and fighting skills, she will be drained, and vulnerable to a blast of powerful magic, say... our ultimate attack?"

The Pony of Shadows laughed, "Mwah-hahahaha-ha! I like the way you think Stygian, so evil and inequine... well what are we waiting for? Lets go "help" our queen shall we?"

With that, the Pony of Shadows unveiled its wings and took off towards the heroes as well.

(The Battlefield, Heroes Side)

(Resume theme)

Quickfire and Thunder Fury were running away from a large group of undead, Noble called out to them, "Hey you two! The battle is this way!"

Thunder Fury shouted back. "WE KNOW! JUST WATCH THIS!"

Quickfire dropped a group of circular objects that looked a lot like cucumbers with handles on them. When the group of zombies was in the middle of them, Quickfire ignited his horn and the objects exploded into a blinding light that even Freedom Fighter had to shield his eyes from.

Thunder Fury then flew high into the air and his eyes began to glow a bright yellow, dark clouds began to gather around him and Noble Blade could see Sea Breeze creating more and more cloud cover with his water powers.

Sea Breeze shouted down to the group, "EVERYPONY! Get to cover and brace yourselves!"

Noble Blade and Burning Star planted their swords in the ground next to Thorn Horn as he signaled for everypony to gather around him.

Thorn Horn stomped his hooves into the ground, causing large roots to spring up and create a green bubble around them.

Thunder Fury got the signal for all clear, and Noble heard probably the freakiest sound in a long time.

It was like a screech owl crying, but it's voice was like that of a god. It seemed to echo like the sound of rolling thunder...

Then Thunder Fury's attack went off!

"GIGAVOLT GRAND FINALE!"

The skies were suddenly turned bright white as a dense rain of lightning bolts crashed down from the heavens, frying every soldier in sight and causing quite the large boom.

Scores of undead were disintegrated instantly, some briefly stood spazzing out as the massive surge of a lightning bolt shocked them, then they fell still, their bodies badly scorched.

A undead hulk was hit by a huge lightning bolt and was reduced to ashes within the blink of an eye...

Thousands of enemies... reduced to smoking piles of ash or badly burned bodies.

Thunder Fury landed with little grace, he looked exhausted from that attack.

Thunder Fury said with little breath, "There... that should flush out Midnight and Shadow Pony something... now I'm going to rest... wake me when you guys win."

(Pause music)

Sea Breeze caught Thunder Fury before he face planted into the dirt, he looked to the south near the river, there was still a large group of undead soldiers. It was being led by a copy of Nightmare Moon

Sea Breeze silently cursed, "Damn You, Midnight. Bringing back Nightmare Moon for this?

That should be the Master of Nature's next target...

There was also a group near the cave entrances under Canterlot. A green and black equine with insect wings was buzzing ahead of them.

He snarled to himself again, "And Chrysalis? Really? Shining's gonna love this..."

Sea Breeze whistled to get everypony's attention and he said, "Oi! I have a proposition for ye all. I've seen a group of Midnight's forces near the river, and one heading for the Canterlot Caves."

A tremendous roar was heard from the treeline as a copy of Tirek thundered towards the gate of Canterlot.

Sea Breeze went wide eyed and said, "Ok now Tirek is here... lovely."

Crimson Mane looked excited. "Tirek is ready for round 2? I'm game..."

He continued, "I say we split up, the Masters of Nature, minus Burning Star and Quickfire, should head to deal with the group by the river. Sombra's army is stationed in the caves, so the group heading there is pretty much done for. Tirek should be left for Crimson Mane, judging from her reaction and from things that I've heard she wants to take him on..."

"So, I say we better get going before they gain anymore ground! Lets go!"

The heroes nodded and Sea Breeze flew off towards the river with Thunder Fury, Thorn Horn, and Wind Walker close behind him.

Crimson Mane dashed off towards the copy of Tirek, contrails of air coming off her wings.

This left The Star Hunters and Guardians of the Sun alone to talk a bit about what was coming next.

Firestorm asked a pretty obvious question, "Ok... so why did we all agree to split up?!"

Noble answered, "Judging from the casual tone they used, it appears that this... scale of fighting is just what they deal with, Firestorm... our priority now is to stop Midnight Sparkle from reaching the city and more importantly, Celestia."

Freedom made a sequence of signs that said, "We swore to defend this land to our last breath, that is exactly what we are going to do. I also promised to make Midnight hurt as much as possible, so there is that."

Burning Star watched with determination in his eyes as Midnight dashed towards them and landed right in front of them.

For what felt like hours, no pony said a word, only stared menacingly at each other.

The Pony of Shadows broke the uncomfortable silence by saying, "So, we meet again Guardians of the Sun and Star Hunters... I must say your incredible battle against our army was quite the spectacle to behold. Too bad you won't live to see the end of it!"

Firestorm stepped forward and said, "You sure sound confident, but don't go pressing your luck so hard. We already know about all your little tricks, and Midnight's as well..."

Midnight Sparkle laughed, then said to Noble Blade, "Noble... how can you ally yourself with such an idiot of a partner? This Pegasus is either too dumb or too ignorant to realize that he is going to die here along with all of you... how pathetic."

Hiller shouted out, "Quit bluffing Midnight! You and your black goo friend will be the one to f--king die here!"

Burning Star put his hoof up to silence the group, "She isn't bluffing. I've seen her power first-hoof, Midnight Sparkle is truly powerful... but she lacks a motive outside of her own ego and revenge." He pointed his massive sword at her, "You are a coward that would rather run away from danger and send your little minions after us."

Burning Star smirked as Midnight began to scream, "I AM NO COWARD! IM HERE, IM READY FOR BATTLE! HOW DO YOU STILL CONSIDER ME A COWARD?!"

Quickfire stepped forward with his crossbow pistols drawn, "You are a coward because you lack the resolve to put your thoughts into action. Which is why we will be victorious here..."

Midnight Sparkle stomped her hooves on the ground, and roared in outrage, "I HAVE HAD IT WITH ALL OF YOU! STYGIAN! KILL THEM!!!"

The Pony of Shadows growled and rushed forward, sharp spikes on his front hooves.

Everypony drew their weapons and Noble said, "Alright Midnight Sparkle! Let's put an end to this, with Faust as my witness."

The heroes charged towards Stygian, and Noble finished his sentence.

"YOU WILL FALL BEFORE THE POWER OF OUR FRIENDSHIP!"

(Canterlot River, Masters of Nature Point of View)

(Resume music)

Meanwhile on the banks of the Canterlot River, The Masters of Nature were engaged in combat with a copy of Nightmare Moon.

And despite being an Alicorn, Nightmare Moon was not as bad as Sea Breeze expected.

She ignited her horn with blazing blue energy and clashed with Sea Breeze, who had blocked the attack with his twin tomahawks.

Sea Breeze managed to break the clash and deliver a crushing blow with his legs to Nightmare Moon's chest, sending her skidding back.

He said to her, "Never thought I'd be facing you in reality, Nightmare Moon. Gotta say..." he delivered a triple chopping strike to her breastplate, leaving a gash in it. "...you're pretty strong. Granted you are an Alicorn... but..." he was struck by a blast of Lunar Light from Nightmare Moon, he still continued to talk. "...Burning Star can beat ya."

Nightmare Moon slashed at Sea Breeze, striking him in the wings and causing him to crash to the ground, she responded to him. "Your pitiful friend is nothing but an emotional time bomb, hippocampi-Pegasus hybrid. All it would take is a simple prod at his fear of his own power and he would be a mental wreck, and easily disposed of by my power."

Just as Nightmare Moon was about to destroy the Master of Water, an entire tree suddenly smacked her into the dirt with a giant swing. Thorn Horn had uprooted the tree with his magic and was busy crushing the undead soldiers that closed in on him with ease.

A giant undead appeared behind him and Thorn Horn shattered the tree into sharp peices of wood, before launching them like arrows, impaling the hulking monster. He used the broken half of the tree and drove it into the beast, killing it and driving it in the ground like a fence stake.

Another group of zombies appeared and Charged down the Master of Earth, he pulled his weapon, a heavy staff with a spiked mace head on both sides.

Thorn Horn said to the approaching horde, "Oh good, more bodies to fertilize the forest, I will crush your bones into meal!"

Thorn Horn spun the staff over his head and jumped into the fray, the large mace heads brutally crushing the bodies it hit. He slammed it into the ground, and channeled his power over earth into it, within seconds sharp roots sprung from the earth, spearing the rest of the horde.

Thorn Horn grabbed the staff and cleaned the spiked ends while saying, "You will tremble before the might of the forest."

Iron Steed was busy grappling with a large zombie soldier, he sent a sweeping kick to its legs, causing it to fall forwards onto him.

Iron Steed put his front hooves around the things waist and lifted him over his head before suplexing him over his body, driving the monster's head into the dirt with a loud bang, but the draft pony wasn't done yet, he quickly rushed to the front of the beast and grasped the monsters head and began to pull.

The monster let out a roar of agony before Iron Steed ripped its head from its body and tossed it at Nightmare, where it collided with her and left her dazed.

Wind Walker rushed Nightmare Moon and delivered a flurry of stabs with his Rapier, before sticking it in her chest, causing her to cry out in pain.

Iron Steed yelled as he was thrown by Wind Walker's vortex, "Here I come! Everypony back off!"

Sea Breeze jumped out of the way as Nightmare was crushed underneath Iron Steed's massive metal body, shattering her into blue-white dust.

Thunder Fury woke up to see Iron Steed, Thorn Horn, Sea Breeze, and Wind Walker standing around the pile of dust that used to be Nightmare Moon.

He asked a rather amusing question, "What I miss?"

(Canterlot Cave Entrance, The Battlefield)

Shining Armor was angry...

No, he was furious!

As soon as he exited the cave he saw a copy of Queen Chrysalis, and Sombra had to physically hold him back from rushing out and getting himself killed.

Shadow Armor was holding him back while saying, "Calm yourself, Shining Armor! This is no time to play the brave hero, we must deal with this foe with a concrete strategy."

King Sombra stepped forward and said, "I can't believe I'm saying this, but Shining Armor is correct on this one. All that thing is is a copy of Chrysalis, same powers, but it's not the real one. Let Shining go nuts on it."

Shadow Armor gave King Sombra a glare of disbelief, before saying, "What?! Midnight can make copies of previous foes? That doesn't seem very fair... and if I'm saying that it is a problem."

Prince Eclipsio spoke up, "Lets leave this conversation for later, we have a war to win, remember?"

Shining Armor hoisted his spear and shield up and said, "Eclipsio is right... let's put my grudge in the past and smash this fake."

Shining Armor led the charge against the oncoming horde of undead, with Sombra flying beside him on his new Alicorn wings. His great scythe was held behind him.

The four heroes collided with the army, and all hell broke loose. The Black Crystal Army ran headfirst into the fray as well, drawing a lot of the attention.

Shining began to spear multiple zombies and then crush them with his magic, Shadow Armor vaulted over him and cut a pair of giant undeads in two with his serrated sword.

Sombra flew across the battlefield, swinging his scythe like a maniac and mowing down the rest of the forces like wheat in a field. He sprouted giant black crystals from the ground to attack the oncoming horde.

The battle was over within about an hour when the copy of the Changeling Queen stepped forward, a pair of green daggers in her hooves.

She spoke to Shining Armor, "Well Well, we meet again Shining Armor. Come to surrender to me? I know you still care deeply for me, right?"

Chrysalis was about to speak again when a spear impaled her through the chest. It was Shining Armor's spear, and an angry glare was on his face.

Shining Armor said to the copy, "You aren't Chrysalis, you may look like her... but you're not her. She is dead and gone... just like you."

The copy of Chrysalis screamed in pain as Shining took out his dagger and slit the Changeling Queen's throat, shattering her into dust.

Shadow Armor looked at Shining and said, "Well... that was rather quick. I'm honestly surprised you did that Shining... nice work."

Shining Armor looked at the dust pile that used to be Queen Chrysalis...

He said to himself, "My past is behind me... you're dead and gone."

(Canterlot Battlefield, Guardians POV)

Meanwhile... Stygian and the heroes were engaged in what could only be their final battle.

Stygian had the advantage in size and sheer magic power...

But the Guardians and Star Hunters were faster and much, MUCH, more better prepared.

Noble blocked a strike from the Pony of Shadows, who had summoned an black spiked executioner axe. The unicorn trembled from the impact, falling to his knees from the force, but he still blocked it.

Firestorm countered Stygian with a double slash of his katanas right to his face, it didn't leave much of a mark, but it did cause Stygian's massive shadowy body to wince in pain.

Freedom Fighter weaved around the Pony of Shadows's wave of spikes and jumped high into the air, before sending his axe-bladed staff right into the Pony of Shadows's back, it didn't seem to leave a mark, but it did cause Stygian to scream in agony as Freedom Fighter followed up by rapidly twirling his staff and striking the giant shadow beast multiple times with the spinning bar.

Stygian did land a solid hit to Noble Blade, smashing him away like a baseball, he took a tumble in the dirt before getting up and quickly blocking the beam of black lightning that erupted from the Pony of Shadows's horn.

The Pony of Shadows managed to knock Firestorm out of the air and was about to crush him underneath his hooves, but he was stopped by something.

Firestorm looked up to see Hiller grappling with the beast, using his protopony shields to parry the attack, upon parrying the blow, sharp spikes speared the beast, causing actual damage to be visible, as large holes were punctured in the monster's legs.

He said to Firestorm, "You alright? You should be grateful I saved your ass from being turned into a pancake. Now, let's finish this thing off!"

Firestorm nodded and said, "Sure thing! Hey Hiller, you have any super moves or whatever they are callled?"

Hiller smirked, "You are damn right I do. I need you to carry me into the air, though."

Burning Star overheard the two as he blocked another strike from the Pony of Shadows, he said to the two, "You have a super attack ready? Alright I'll provide some cover fire with Quickfire. Firestorm, get him airborne!"

Burning Star immediately ignited his horn and unleashed a steady stream of fire, pushing the Pony of Shadows off balance, sending him tumbling to the ground. Meanwhile, Quickfire had speared the Pony of Shadows with his own katana and shocked the beast with electric power, paralyzing it.

Hiller grabbed Firestorms back hooves as he took off into the air, flying higher and higher until he was nearly 100 feet off the ground.

Hiller nodded, "Ok! This is enough! Now get everypony back and tell Noble and Burning Star to put up a shield! This attack is going to hurt!"

Quickfire threw a couple of flash bombs with blinded the beast and left burn marks on it. Noble rushed to Freedom and pulled him into a shield that he and Burning Star had created, red for Burning Star, and navy blue for Noble Blade.

Quickfire ducked inside as Hiller gave the signal for him to drop, which Firestorm gladly did.

Hiller dived right for the beast, his body emiting a bloody red smoke trail.

Hiller impacted the Pony of Shadows and shouted to his friends, "Brace yourselves!"

Noble and Burning Star increased the power of their Shields as Hiller roared out.

"GENETIC DEVASTATOR!"

Noble watched with horror as the sound of flesh and bone snapping came from Hiller's body, followed by a explosion of energy and sharp spears of that protopony flesh he used for his other attacks, shot out like long needles, impaling Stygian in multiple places.

The Pony of Shadows screamed in agony, but still was solid. However, cracks were beginning to appear on its body. He was wearing down!

Quickfire looked at Freedom Fighter and said, "Time for our attack! Lets do this Freedom!"

Freedom Fighter smiled under his suit as he rushed out of the shield, his staff drawn, Quickfire sprinted out with his crossbows out, explosive arrows nocked and ready to go.

Noble spoke to Firestorm as he picked up Hiller and landed inside the shield, "Well that certainly did extraordinary well. Let's watch these two, that should shatter Stygian's eldritch abomination of a body."

Quickfire shot the explosive arrows perfectly into the holes that the Genetic Devastator left, where they lodged perfectly in place for Freedom to follow up.

Which he did... in probably the most amazing attack he could preform.

In a quick movement of his hooves, Freedom somehow unsheathed Quickfire's katana and attached it to one end of his staff, forming a huge spear head. Burning Star then blasted red explosive gel onto the blade and ignited it, causing it to erupt into a fiery bar of light.

Quickfire shouted as Freedom aimed right at the Pony of Shadows, "GO! SPEAR OF TRUE HEROES!"

Freedom hurled the spear with all his might, piercing the Pony of Shadows, even going through his shield. It lodged in his body and Noble Blade saw something incredible.

The explosive gel that had been applied to the blade finally detonated, which in turn caused the rest of the explosive arrows to go off as well, as a series of explosions rocked the massive beast, causing more cracks to form... and the Pony of Shadows to scream in agony...

Before the Pony of Shadows finally shattered into a torrent of dark power, leaving the unconscious body of Stygian's true form on the grass.

Midnight visibly winced as she had to put up her own shield to block the attack, which sent rocks and dirt flying at her. They bounced harmlessly off, but when the dust cleared her precious Pony of Shadows was completely destroyed!

She screamed at the top of her lungs, "WHAT! How?! How did you defeat my Pony of Shadows?! I had juiced him up for this fight, and yet you knocked him over with little to no difficulty whatsoever!"

Noble Blade smirked and stepped forward, speaking to Midnight. "How did we win, Midnight Sparkle? We won because our friendship is much more powerful than any Spell you can throw at us. You can drop the sun from the sky and our bonds will not be broken. Not by a thousand swords, not by ten thousand soldiers, for you cannot defeat what you abandoned when you became this monster."

Burning Star stood beside Noble Blade, speaking out as well... "You can't beat our friendship, and that is true beyond a shadow of a doubt! Now, I'm going to give you one last chance, Midnight Sparkle."

He pointed his massive blade at Midnight, his eyes filled with dominance comparable to a dragon.

"Surrender, and we will not harm you."

Suddenly, Stygian slowly got up and turned his horn towards Midnight... But first he said to the heroes, "NO! Midnight will never surrender, not if I kill her first!" He began to gather any remaining magic he had to his horn, which glowed with a black aura.

Midnight said to Stygian in shock, "So! You betray me, Pony of Shadows? I thought we were partners!"

Stygian managed to get enough strength to return to his Pony of Shadows Form, and he said, "Are you kidding? Me? Ally myself with you?! Hahaha-ha, no Midnight... I only needed to get you to weaken the Guardians and yourself so that I could kill two birds with one stone! But seeing as though that plan fell apart, I think I'll settle for just killing you! Take this!"

The Pony of Shadows roared as a massive storm of shadow magic missiles was unleashed from his horn, "SHADOW HURRICANE!"

Burning Star immediately said, "Guys get behind me!" And cast his own spell, "Flame Barrier!"

A series of columns of flames surrounded the heroes and blocked the swarm of magic missiles, incinterating any that got close.

Unfortunately, Midnight had no such luck and was engulfed by the storm.

The Pony of Shadows let out a triumphant roar as it said, "And now, the Empress of Magic is dead! Mwah-hahahaha-ha!"

Suddenly, Midnight's voice came from the storm, "No! She is alive, but you're going to die instead!"

The Shadow Hurricane was immediately dispelled as Midnight flew at blinding speed towards Stygian, a massive ball of magic on her horn.

She made contact and said, "DIE! PRIMAL MAGIC BOMB!"

The ball of dark purple light exploded, burning away the Pony of Shadows Form and engulfing Stygian in it, he cried out in agony as he was vaporized, when the blast cleared the only thing left was a crater and a scorch mark where Stygian had been standing...

Noble looked on in sheer shock as Midnight slowly floated to the ground, showing no exhaustion whatsoever!

Midnight then turned to the Guardians and said, "Don't worry, you insignificant specks are next!"

Burning Star barely held back a massive laser beam of magic as he said, "Alright here we go! Final Battle Time! Quickfire, Hiller, everypony, you take a rest." He turned to the Guardians of the Sun, "This is my job now."

Firestorm shook his head, "No. I'm not going to let you take her on without backup, I'm going."

Noble drew his sword and held it tight, before rearing up on his back hooves so he stood bipedal. "I agree, this is our fight, we finish this together."

Freedom also reared up and pointed his staff right at Midnight, thinking to himself, "This monster needs to die, and we will do it as a team."

Midnight Sparkle smirked as she stared down the group, "So, you choose to deny me my right to power? You choose to throw yourselves into the Line of fire to attempt to stop me? How stupid are you?! I will never surrender, not even to Faust herself!"

Burning Star smirked and said in a near growl, "While your power is immense, I believe the time for rational discourse is over, shall we, Noble Blade?"

Noble spoke out. "Yes, we shall!" He rushed Midnight, "Everypony, charge!"

Burning Star flew ahead as he fired a stream of flames that Midnight blocked with ease.

However, all three Guardians smashed their weapons into her shield, breaking it and delivering a solid strike to her chest plate.

Midnight drew her swords, which interlocked with each other to form a double ended sword-spear, which she ignited with bright purple plasma.

She roared out, "BRING IT! RAAAAAH!"

Freedom Fighter ducked underneath a twirl of her sword spear and delivered a series of strikes with his own weapon, which made some impact but not much. They dented her armor, but that was about it...

Midnight Sparkle noticed this and unleashed a shockwave that knocked him off his hooves and sent him flying through a tree, which snapped in two.

Firestorm tackled Midnight with all his might and sliced gashes into her armor, actually managing to strike her flesh directly.

Luminescent purplish-red blood began to drip from the wounds, Firestorm drove his katanas into her back, but they were immediately dislodged by Midnight and he was hammered with her weapon, brutally slicing his side. She then struck him with her armored hooves, breaking a few ribs and making him cry out in sheer pain.

Crimson blood oozed from the gash and he fell to the ground to try and stop the bleeding. He pulled out some grass from the ground and began to press it hard on the open wound.

Noble Blade looked at his wounded Guardians as he jumped over a flying Burning Star who was launched by Midnight's laser beam, he crashed to the ground and struggled to his hooves.

Noble looked back and thought to himself, "This can't be where we die, we won't fall to this thing!"

Midnight Sparkle lunged forward with her spear in hoof, Noble swung his sword upwards, deflecting the strike as he delivered a punch with his free hoof. It didn't do much...

Midnight twirled her sword spear around and sent it spinning like a buzzsaw towards Noble, he weaved out of the way and started his attack.

The unicorn delivered heavy strikes with his sword right to Midnight's chest plate, cleaving it in two and slashing a cut into her fur, he swung upwards, widening the cut, before sending his blade straight into her chest.

Midnight roared in pain as she kicked Noble away and the blade pulled out, causing more blood to pour out. She unleashed a storm of energy knives on the unicorn.

Burning Star saw this and flew over to Noble Blade, he ignited his horn and began to catch every single one, before sending them straight back to her!

Midnight destroyed most of them but quite a few embedded in her skin, where they stuck tight. She screamed as she ripped them out and shattered them.

Noble Blade looked up at his opponent.

Despite hitting her with all their might, and delivering strikes that would fell even the most powerful creatures, Midnight Sparkle still would not fall!

Hell, she looked nearly unaffected by the attacks!

Burning Star said to the group as they gathered up again, "Listen! We need a stronger weapon! We can barely harm her like this... we need our super attacks now!"

Noble responded and Freedom Fighter made a series of gestures, "We don't know how to do those!"

Firestorm smiled, "Then we attempt them now! I'll go first, then Freedom, then you Noble! For now, we need to keep her occupied."

Burning Star replied, "Got that covered! Hey Midnight, over here!"

Midnight Sparkle shouted at Burning Star, "YOU WILL PERISH!" before firing off a large energy ball that Burning Star sent flying back at her, it detonated, leaving a cloud of smoke as their cover.

Firestorm flew up to Burning Star and said, "Lets do this! Behold our power!"

Burning Star engulfed Firestorm in a ball of fire and sent him hurtling towards Midnight Sparkle, he shouted as he fell.

"SONIC FIRESTIKE!"

The ball of flames collided with Midnight, exploding into a massive fireball that Noble and Freedom had to shield against in order to not be incinerated.

When the attack cleared, Midnight was visibly staggered, and Freedom rushed the dark Alicorn.

Burning Star said to Freedom, "Your turn pal, you ready?"

Freedom nodded and vaulted into the air, Burning Star caused a volcanic Geyser to form under Midnight's hooves.

Midnight tried to get away but Freedom Fighter smashed his staff into her skull, knocking her into the mouth of the vent.

Burning Star shouted, "SHATTERED ERUPTION!"

Freedom Fighter barely got out of the way as a massive plume of lava erupted from the ground, engulfing her in the blazing hot liquid, she roared in pain as she was visibly pinned down.

Noble smiled and ran out underneath Burning Star, drawing his sword and pointing it skyward.

Burning Star saw this opportunity and called down a laser of solar energy to hit his sword, it surrounded the blade in a golden light and Noble prepared his attack.

He shouted out, "Taste the true power of the Guardians of the Sun! BLADE OF THE STAR SLICER!"

Noble Blade swung his sword diagonally downward, finally cutting the chest plate away, he then swung vertically upward, cleaving a gash in Midnight's skin, and cutting away the rock that pinned her, he finished off with a massive thrust that left his sword stuck in the body of the Alicorn.

Midnight screamed in pain from all the blows being delivered to her. She had never felt so much pain in her life!

The heroes stepped back as Midnight Sparkle fell to the floor, before standing up slowly, she was brutally slashed, burnt, and pummeled from all sides, her right eye was bleeding and her wings were broken at her sides. All of her armor was shattered and her sword spear lay broken on the ground, yet she still stood tall.

(End music)

Midnight said through pained gasps, "Huh...Huh...So, you finally did it... I'm honestly surprised you beat me. I threw everything at you and you destroyed all the villains I had. Hah, how did you win?"

Noble Blade said to the gravely injured Alicorn, supporting himself on his own sword. "We won because you failed, you failed to try and usurp Celestia, and your have no pony to blame but yourself..."

Midnight Sparkle sighed, "No... I haven't failed yet. I still have one last blast in me! If I go down, IM TAKING YOU WITH ME! DIEEEEEEE!"

Midnight Sparkle suddenly reared up and unleashed a massive laser blast from her horn, it was headed straight for the Guardians!

Burning Star saw this and began to block it with a shield, then fired his own blast of magic, causing the two beams to clash as sparks of flame and magical discharge rained down on the field.

(Start 2nd music track)

Midnight Sparkle said to Burning Star, "You choose to sacrifice your own life to save these pathetic ponies. No matter how hard you try... You will never be strong enough to stop me. You have failed... you are weak!"

Noble Blade and the Guardians couldn't move, they were in too much pain.

Suddenly, Noble heard Burning Star say, "I... am weak? No..."

He started to intensify his Beam, causing Midnight's Beam to be pushed back. "As if you can say anything that you've done! From where we stand, we have taken on and overcome every challenge you put in our way. Nightmare Moon, Tirek, Stygian, Daybreaker, no matter how many of your copies you sent our way, we have crushed them beneath the force of our individual and combined efforts!"

Midnight began to stagger, but quickly regained her balance, "So what? You still cannot triumph over me! Ponies will continue to be weak, I have ascended above them to be a GODDESS amomg them!"

Burning Star continued to intensify his blast, it was now starting to carve a path in the ground. He still spoke, We ponies aren't as weak as you think we are. We may bicker, and we may fight amongst each other for completely stupid reasons but when we are threatened by something as evil as you and pushed to our breaking points, we WILL stand shoulder to shoulder, to protect the worlds we call home. That is the strength of our friendship, which is something you left behind. Together, our unity can destroy anything - even somepony as powerful as you!"

Burning Star finally gained the upper hand and overpowered Midnight's Attack, engulfing her in the blast of magic, he still continued to speak, his voice shaking the very ground beneath the Guardians, who sat awestruck by the speech Burning Star was giving.

He continued to speak, sending a chill down Firestorm's spine. "If something like you comes our way again we'll just do to it what we have done to you and anypony else that thinks they can conquer our worlds!"

He finished his speech by saying, "So if I haven't made myself clear, Monster, I'm only going to say this one more time..."

He finally unleashed all he had in reserve, while shouting, "Get! Off! Our! World!"

Midnight flew into the air propelled by the attack, Burning Star chased after her.

He then fired his greatest attack, Firestorm looked up as Burning Star created the LARGEST STARSTRIKE he ever seen. It was easily about 1/3 The size of Canterlot Castle... and it glowed a bright white instead of its usual red.

Freedom looked up and had to shield his eyes from the bright light coming off the Alicorn of Fire.

Burning Star spoke in a clear voice, which sounded like some sort of divine being, "Midnight Sparkle, you have caused enough damage to warrant your immediate termination. Do you have any last words?"

Midnight Sparkle stayed silent, then said, "I will return, in one form or another... mark my words."

The Alicorn of Fire cried out as he fired the massive ball of devastation, "NO YOU WILL NOT! BEHOLD! DAWN STAR BLAST!"

Midnight screamed with a haunting scream as the blast of light enveloped her and detonated into a extremely large blast of power that enveloped even the Guardians...

When the blast ended, they were somehow unharmed!

The bright silver-white Alicorn floated down to the ground and ignited his horn, within seconds the Guardians wounds healed themselves, and their stamina returned to them.

Noble Blade got up and tried to observe the Alicorn standing in front of them, whose light had died down to reveal his massive form.

Noble looked up and his jaw dropped.

The Alicorn in front of them was huge, easily two heads taller than Celestia.

His fur was a bright silver-white, whiter than Celestia. His large wings were colored silver-white with golden feathers. The fire on his mane and tail was made of a flurry of rainbow colors, and blazed out like some sort of multicolored torrent. Above his horn, which had curved elegantly into a near crescent was a halo of golden fire that flickered.

Even his eyes were incredible to look at, they were a bright yellow and rainbow colored flames were blazing out of them.

Noble asked the mysterious Alicorn, "Who are you?"

The Alicorn responded, his voice like the golden note of a bell. "I am Dawn Star, the Alicorn of Fire and Rebirth. I assume you are the Guardians of the Sun, yes?"

Firestorm was in awe at the amazing, almost angelic like figure of Dawn Star. He asked him, "Wait a second, isn't Dawn Star Burning Star's real name? Are you Burning Star, or somepony else?"

Dawn Star let out a laugh, it was whimsical and full of life. "I am Burning Star, and I am also not Burning Star. I am his ultimate form on the side of good, just as Dark Star is his ultimate form on the side of evil. The combination of both Dark Star and I create the pony known as Burning Star.

Dawn Star began to explain, "You see... Burning Star can transform into me when he lets go of his fury and hate and embraces his passion and friendship which is quickly turned into serene, god-like power. The reason that my attack did not injure you is because it cannot hurt those that are pure of soul and untainted by evil."

He turned to Freedom Fighter, putting one of his hooves over his heart, "Yes, Freedom Fighter, even you still have some purity left within you. It simply hasn't seen too much exposure recently."

Dawn Star began to flicker, his time was growing short, he spoke to Noble Blade, "Noble Blade, I cannot thank you enough for helping Burning Star realize that he must embrace good again to become me once more. Unfortunately, I cannot remain much longer. Guardians of the Sun, I wish you good fortune and a bright. Remember, even when it looks the darkest, look for the light of Dawn Star, for it is inside all of you... goodbye."

Dawn Star evaporated in a flash of light, leaving behind Burning Star's exhausted form, he wheezed out a sentence, "Did... did we finally win?"

(End music)

Noble looked to where Midnight Sparkle was once flying, below her last location was her unconscious body, which was breathing slowly and heavily...

Noble breathed a sigh of relief, "Yeah... we won. But Midnight isn't dead, despite you hitting her with that massive blast of light."

He walked over to her body and lightly tapped on her chest, she stirred for a second, then woke up.

Noble jumped back and drew his sword as Midnight took flight and stared at him for a few seconds...

Then, Midnight Sparkle suddenly screamed as her body began to crack, beams of purple and lanvender light erupted from the cracks in her skin, soon enough, she was a giant purple star of energy.

Then Midnight Sparkle dissolved into light with a loud bang, and the Form of an unconscious Twilight Sparkle fell to the ground. She landed with a thud, gasping for air.

Noble Blade ran over to the body and examined it, it was a ghostly version of Twilight, she was see through and had wispy legs.

The ghost Twilight got up and said to the group, "Thank you... all of you." Before vanishing into thin air, leaving behind some sort of round purple amulet.

Firestorm asked, "What in Equestria is that thing?"

Before Noble Blade could pick it up and find out, Burning Star pushed him back and put it in a shield bubble. He then said to the Guardians, "Don't touch that! Twilight told me what this thing is..."

Freedom gestured out, "What is it?"

Burning Star held the bubble in his hooves, "Behold, the source of Midnight Sparkle, The Magic Battery. We can't destroy it, This thing contains enough magic power to level most of the world." He slowly and carefully put it in his pack, then handed it to Noble Blade, "Please, put this some place that no pony could find it. Some place that is hidden, even from immortal eyes."

Noble asked Burning Star in disbelief, "Wait, why are you giving this to us?"

Burning Star's answer was simple, "Well, there are so many powerful beings on my world that if even one of them got their hooves or claws or anything they use to hold on this artifact, we would have to do this again. Despite my love of combat, I REALLY don't want to fight this demon again."

He slumped down on the grass, "I need a break from the action."

Noble Blade laughed, "I agree with you, Star. We all need a break, especially after all we have done."

Firestorm smiled wide, "Then lets celebrate our victory over Midnight Sparkle and a return to peace!"

Burning Star nodded, "Yes, lets let loose and relax... we have all earned it."

With that Burning Star send out a pulse of magic alerting the two forces that the battle was over.

The war was over...

Midnight Sparkle... was no more.