• Published 13th Jan 2018
  • 2,369 Views, 59 Comments

Hercules/Discord AU - fluttercordlover232



A Fluttercord version of the Disney classic, Hercules

  • ...
13
 59
 2,369

Chapter 2

If there was one god you didn’t want to get steamed up, it was Sombra. Because he was concocting an evil plan...


A gondola was floating smoothly down a river. Not just any river, it was a river that led straight to the gates of the Underworld.

It was a river of souls. Literally.

Millions of souls from once living ponies made up this ghostly river. The souls flowed at a steady stream, pushing the gondola with its gentle current. All of a sudden, Sombra felt a slight rocking of the boat. He looked over and saw three souls emerge from their river of death and desperatly try to climb in alongside him. Without hesitation, Sombra quickly blasted them off the boat and back into the river. A thin trickle of smoke due to the force of the blasts, was rising from his horn. He easily blew it off.

The gates that led into the Underworld were vastly approaching. Long thin sharp rocks made up the monstrous gates. They slashed into each other, like claws from a cat striking out against its prey.

The claw like gates opened as the boat neared and closed as soon as they went through. They continued to float down the river until they reached a winding pair of stairs, which led to his lair. Sombra stepped out of the boat and onto the rock.

“SNIPS!”

A chubby dwarf-sized unicorn with a teal colored coat and a brown mane that could easily be mistaken for orange, came trotting down the stairs. "Coming your most moroseness.” He tripped over his own hooves and rolled the rest of the way down the rocky stairs, groaning in pain at Sombra's hooves.

"SNAILS!"

This time, a dark orange unicorn with a teal colored mane came trotting down the stairs. He was the opposite of his henchpony counterpart. This unicorn was tall and skinny, with a long neck, oversized ears, and freckles dotting his cheeks. “I’m coming, I’m coming!” He scrambled down the steps, hyperventilating all the way down. Snails came to stand beside Snips.

“Snips and Snails, reporting for duty!” They saluted.

Sombra rolled his eyes. “Yeah, yeah, yeah,” he blew them off, “just let me know the instant Zecora arrives.”

“Oh, she’s already here,” Snails told him.

“WHAT! ZECORA IS HERE AND YOU DIDN’T TELL ME?!” he yelled.

Snips and Snails just looked at each other, confused. “Uh, I thought I just did,” Snails said as he shrugged his shoulders.

Sombra put a hoof to his head to massage his oncoming headache, “Remind me to strangle you after my meeting.”

Snips and Snails looked at each other with worry in their eyes, knowing their master wasn’t joking.


As Sombra entered the meeting hall, the soul of a very recently passed pony soured over his head and into another entrance to another chamber.

“Sorry I was late, Zecora. There was this party on Mt. Aris and I lost track of time...”

“I sensed you would be late, there was a lot to celebrate,” Zecora said without looking up from her cauldron.

“Right...” Sombra drawled out, “let’s cut to the chase. Is the new kid going to ruin my plans to take over Mt. Aris? What does your little stewpot tell you, eh?”

The zebra thought for a moment before she began to pour some potions and other ingredients into her cauldron. She beckoned Sombra to come closer. When he did, she gestured to the cauldron. When Sombra looked at the bubbling green liquid, he could see images starting to form.

“In eighteen years precisely, the planets will align ever so nicely.”

Sombra saw an image of what looked like stars, form a straight line in the night sky

“The time to act will be at hand, unleash the Titans, your monstrous band.”

An image of the Titans escaping Tartarus took over.

“Then the once proud Celestia will finally fall, and you; Sombra, will rule all.”

The last image was the best of all, it showed Celestia being defeated by Sombra himself!

“Yes!” he cheered, “Sombra rules, baby!”

“A word of caution to this tale,” the zebra interrupted.

Sombra stopped cheering. “Come again?”

“Should Discord fight, you will fail.”

What he thought was the last image, disappeared. In its place was an image of Sombra being defeated by a fully grown Discord...

“WHAAATTTT!!!!” he screamed in anger.


“Snips, Snails,” he directed his gaze on his two minions, “I have a little riddle for you. How do you kill a god?”

“I have no idea!” Snips said with excited sarcasm.

Snails was becoming restless with knowing excitement. “I know this one! You can’t! They are immortal, right?”

“Exactly, They’re immortal. So...” Sombra levitated a glass bottle full of sinister- looking bright pink liquid with a skull engraved on the cap.

“First you’ve got to turn the little devil...mortal...”

Author's Note:

I am not working as many hours as before, so I will have more time to write and work on this story. Expect a new chapter every week!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Tell me what you think!