• Published 25th Jan 2018
  • 21,057 Views, 9,172 Comments

XCOM: Ranger - Wanderer D



Sunset Shimmer escapes Equestria... with unforeseen consequences.

  • ...
57
 9,172
 21,057

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 194: Bespeak

Ranger

Chapter 194: Bespeak

By Wanderer D

Dear Sister,

It is very convenient that Twilight modified the spells as she did, as I have no doubt this will not be a short missive.

Please allow me to apologize for the fright you and the others must have suffered at my abrupt departure, but I ask your understanding and patience. Had I not done so, the fate of several of our XCOM allies would be very different right now, and not for the best, and I feel too that our chances of emerging victorious would be greatly diminished.

Our worst fears are confirmed: Sunset Shimmer has fallen under the power of the Blood Magic. I will have to explain to the humans here why it is indeed such a dark magic. They do not understand. I was barely able to save Jane herself from becoming a Blood Thrall, and now she recuperates from that… I fear less about any remnant magic in her, and more about her psychology. What she went through will not be easy to overcome.

I managed to save Central and the Reaper, as well as Jane and Laetitia's body. I hope you understand, sister, that this is not something I did on a whim. I understand the dangers, and I beseech you to prepare Laetitia as much as you can for the inevitable switch.

I do not know how well she'll manage this, but if you anchor my body through the link when she and I return to our rightful worlds, the magical backlash should not reach her.

My sister, I know you must be devastated by these news. I cannot fully comprehend what it must be like to go through the tasking emotional fight with yourself to see her once again after many years where she was lost, admit to yourself your maternal love for her, her eventual acceptance of it and you, and all your worry for her life for things to suddenly twist into this like some cruel joke.

But I ask of you, sister, to be strong. To keep your mind focused, for not all is lost! True it may be that in ages past we ponies have failed to bring back Blood Mages from the madness. Aye, we remember well the stories we heard in our youth. But ages past don't have to hold true in these times of change.

We have science. We have magic. We have the Lord of Chaos-redeemed and true to his friends. We have four Princesses. We have the Elements of Harmony still.. somewhat… and we have the Tree of Harmony too. We have the knowledge of old, and the discoveries of today. I am surrounded by brilliant minds on this side, and you are too, back home.

Already a fledgling mage of sorts… a magic-less—but brilliant—scientist, Estella, will be by my side as we figure out a way to bring Sunset back. But we need your help sister, not your despair, for our magical reach is limited here and we must obtain more information to make this a reality.

Sister, you and Twilight Sparkle must engage the most brilliant—and chaotic—minds in Equestria and figure out the magical resonance field that would fight back the blood magic corruption—I know how impossible this feels, but I am not yet ready to give up on my niece. Despite the demands of her position, neither is Commander Chrysalis, and neither are any of our allies here.

Once you have that, Twilight can translate the effects with Estella's assistance and we shall put our magic and science together for this great cause. We shall endure, and we shall bring Sunset Shimmer back!

-Luna

Now sister, if you may, the next part is for Laetitia.

My soulmate.

I apologize for abruptly taking you away. For now, you are trapped in my body, until the natural progression of magic switches us back. I fear it was the only way to save you-you are a loss I cannot contemplate, even if we both know it is inevitable.

Trust me with your body as you have before. With your friends and your mission. You are a sacred bond to me, Laetitia, and I will make sure to respect it and cherish it. Be at peace in my body for now, knowing yours is safe, that your soul is protected and that I give you freedom—unless my sister or Twilight discover a reason not to, I ask you to fly.

Fly.

My body is strong and very powerful, there is no need to fear anything. Stay not in my room, fearful of fate or terrors, for your will is strong too and you have my instinctual memory with you. You will be fine, my friend. Fly and enjoy life as you have never before—it is unexpected, and comes at a time of conflict, but you have been given reprieve from this world, to still enjoy life.

There are friends of us both there, seek them out and have fun. And enjoy the night, I have put much effort into it! Bask in the moonlight and let yourself be carried by the magical currents.

If you find yourself in somepony's dream, engage them not, and wish yourself out of it. Dream magic is fundamentally controlled by will, and you have a strong will, Templar.

It is my responsibility to protect them—not yours, and if you feel the pull of the Moon when my sister raises the sun, imagine as if you were letting a ball drop gently onto a pool of water. The resistance should subside enough for Celestia to move both the Sun and the Moon.

If you have any questions, I suggest asking my sister, Twilight, or Princess Cadance for guidance. It will be less worrying for ponies if they see you in the company of other princesses, and much less pressure on you to rely on our shared memories.

Do not forget to fly. Make new memories to carry with you forth, when you return to this magic-less world, Laetitia.

Your soul-bonded friend,

Luna.

o.0.o End Chapter 194 o.0.o

PreviousChapters Next