• Published 25th Jan 2018
  • 21,016 Views, 9,167 Comments

XCOM: Ranger - Wanderer D



Sunset Shimmer escapes Equestria... with unforeseen consequences.

  • ...
57
 9,167
 21,016

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 183: Answer

Ranger

Chapter 183: Answer

By Wanderer D

Sunset's mind went to the old Equestrian legends her mother had spoken to her about. Of beings both benevolent and despicable that had haunted her homeland centuries before. She knew the legends, and it made sense. It made perfect sense.

She laughed. "Of course, Lord Tirek, the magic thief."

The Warlock's smile had faded and he glared at her, a low, threatening growl escaping his lips as he gathered power around him. Power… and fear. "Do you find something amusing?"

She shook her head, laughter fading as she smirked confidently. A part of herself, however, wasn't so sure, and insisted somewhat silently that what she was doing was a bad idea. Tirek was one of the Chosen, after all, and neither Aria nor Sonata had been easy opponents. Fugue pushed those thoughts away, storing them in her gem along with her doubts and all the other pesky idiocies that had delayed her studies.

At the moment, the Warlock seemed to believe she was on his side, or at least not an enemy, even if he was acting offended. The thought of wasting this opportunity for something as feeble a reason as personal safety was ridiculous, especially considering how much she had grown in power herself. And speaking of power… her eyes strayed to the gem around his neck.

"I know what happened to Aria and Sonata, but where is Adagio? I see you have her gem, but no siren would give that up while they were alive."

This wasn't something she knew as a certainty, but she knew she'd rather die than give away her own. The moment a magical gem like such were created, the intrinsic magic between the creator and the crystallization of forbidden magic ran deep. Very deep.

Deep enough to bring the inner demons out.

The Warlock smirked. "She said that too, and yet she lives."

Sunset tilted her head. "Interesting." Her knowledge of the sirens themselves was very limited—after all, the only exposure she had to them was the much more innocent version in that other universe—but looking at the gem… "I see."

"No wonder Gheist and the Templars couldn't decide if the Warlock was male or female… when Tirek stole the stone and wore it, it still carries the living energy of Adagio, wherever or whatever she is now, and it would give the Warlock an even stronger advantage than just the power of the Elders alone.

"Templars not close enough, probably felt Adagio's essence, and assumed that he was a she, and made some sense with both the Hunter and the Assassin being females.

"And while I'm honored that you would have heard of me," Tirek continued, oblivious to her thoughts, "I do wonder why I haven't heard about you."

Sunset frowned, flashes of the memories she had seen from Aria flooding her memory for a second. "Not all of us joined EXALT, nor were we interested in trading ourselves to gain power."

Tirek chuckled. "That fool Sombra did have his head in the clouds, and he put too much stock on his little group of miscreants." He shook his head, smirking. "It's good to see that there are more of your kind around. Aria assured me it was just them three, a plot to protect your species?"

There were warning bells in Sunset's mind. The way he had said that… "I advise against thoughts of stealing my power, Tirek. The results would not be… pretty."

The smile was gone. "Is that a threat, siren?"

Sunset shrugged. "Statement of fact." She would have spoken more but her senses warned her of a presence outside the door.

The Warlock turned towards it. "I expected to be left alone," he muttered, waving his hand. A tendril of psychic power flowed through the door, and they both heard a gasp outside as the doors opened with the hapless form of Susan Cerendis floated into the room, struggling in the grasp of the Warlock's power.

The doors closed behind the panicked reporter as she was held aloft, incapable of moving.

"You would dare spy on us, human?" the Warlock hissed.

"I-I didn't! I'm a loyal servant of the Elders! I would never spy on you!"

"Then why are you here?" Susan cast her eyes to Sunset, begging.

The Warlock snorted. "A weakling would fall for a siren's spell. Let me teach you the power of the Elders, so that you remember your place in the future."

He made to close his fist, but before anything could happen, Sunset sent a burst of magic with a casual flick of her wrist and Susan fell to the floor, free from his grasp. "Now, now," Sunset grinned. "I did ask her to meet with me somewhere private…" she glanced at the reporter with hungry eyes. "She's pretty enough to eat."

The Warlock turned to face her, no mirth in his face.

Sunset crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, smiling at him, then with a small nod, she walked around to Susan, standing behind her and pushing the reporter's chin up and licking her lips as her index finger traced the whimpering woman's throat.

Her magic ran through her victim's body, making her moan as Sunset's other hand strayed down to rest on her flat stomach. Like herself, Susan's dress revealed a lot of skin… and provided access to it too. "Hmm… you feel delicious."

Two years ago, she would have never dreamed of splurging magic as she had just now. Her reserves were too low, too flimsy.

A feat like dispersing the Warlock's control of psychic powers wasn't as impressive as it might have appeared from the known effects of magic on psionics, but a controlled burst? It would have taken her days to recuperate, never mind affecting the guards so precisely or Susan's body, which she was playing like a violin.

Blood magic was truly a wonderful thing. The blood spoke to her, all the blood. From the smallest creature to the Warlock across from her. It all whispered the same request. To be liberated, to join with Sunset and flood her senses with delicious life-bearing power; to be used by her as she wished and she would relish the caress of its promises and energy, of its warmth and all-enveloping desire.

In that instant, Sunset understood what was stopping her own gem from forming completely. It was so obvious now. She could do it… she could complete the rites, become a true Blood Witch, and she would show them all.

Her eyes sparkled with amusement and wickedness as she crossed eyes with the Warlock, who was now obviously posing himself to attack.

"Tell me, Tirek… do you know what a Heartsong is?"

The Warlock did not take his eyes off of her as she felt a shiver run through her own blood, her magic and skin. She felt the blood around her invade her senses, every heartbeat, every pulse of magic.

She smiled, starting with a whisper, her blood magic flooding her very essence. Within her grasp, Susan's eyes went wide and her head leaned back, mouth open and eyes rolling back as her whole body convulsed in orgasmic bliss.

The Warlock took a step back as Sunset's voice rose and the gem in her chest flashed with power and purpose, pulsating in tandem with her song.

o.0.o End Chapter 183 o.0.o

PreviousChapters Next