• Published 2nd Jan 2018
  • 333 Views, 2 Comments

Police Of Ponyville Episode 4: Didn't See That Coming - Shadow Storm 44



Storm had just returned from leave but crime waits for no one. What will he see today? Maybe a superhero.

  • ...
 2
 333

Putting Thing Together

“No, No, No.” Storm muttered to himself everytime he flipped through a report of recent robberies in the last month. He had just finished Ponyville’s with wasn’t a lot. Now he was looking at the reports from the next town over.

“What’s wrong Storm having trouble with homework?” Night asked from behind.

“I wish.” Storm huffed as he tossed the folder on his desk. “At least homework gave you clues and if you didn’t get the clue there was always cheating.” Storm turned around in his chair. “Am I right?”

In Front of Storm was Night and two mares. One was an earth pony with green skin and along with a long green mane with yellow highlights. The other was a white pegasus with a black mane.

“Who are they?” Storm asked.

“This is Green Clover and Comet. They just transferred here from Fillydelphia.”

“I’m not training recruits,” Strom said turning around back to his desk and continued to flip through the papers. Storm was turned back around.

“They're not rookies, there train detectives like you and Star.”

“You're just a ray of sunshine aren’t you?” Comet asked. Her voice had an edge to it.

“I try my best.” Storm replied in a mocking tone.

Comet rolled her eyes. “I know your type. The lone wolf. You work alone because you're too afraid to show your feelings towards anypony.”

“You couldn’t be more wrong. I am a team player and I have a partner, who is a complete psychopath and has not been fired. Let alone been suspended.”

“That does bring up a good point.” Night said once she saw the empty desk across from Storm. “Where’s Star he shoulda been here 10 minutes ago.”

“I’m here,” Star said coming from out of nowhere. “You will not be believed the morning I had.”

“Two things Star. One, it's three in the afternoon.” Storm pointed out. “Two, please tell me it involves the spring of robbers around town.”

“Yeah, it does,” Star confirmed. “And it’s our first lead along with an idea of the witness.”

“Well, start talking.” Night urged Star.

“It’s kind of a long story so I’ll try to down it for you. When I was heading to the post office to pick up a package early in the morning I saw this wagon in front of sugar cube corner. I went inside to grab a Strudel for breakfast.”

“Star get to the point please.” Night said impatiently.

“Sorry. The point is that the four locations that were robbed this morning had the same story. A wagon was in front of the building and gone the next. Along with the owner's money or something of value.”

“So what you mean is this wagon is quick getaway?” Storm asked

“More like a hiding gamic then a getaway,” Star answered. “Today’s items were safes or something of high value that will cause a lot of unwanted attention if they had it out in the open The wagon has a cover over it so no one can see inside. On top of all that this pony hit these shops like clockwork.”

“Let me get this straight.” Night said. “Not only did this pony avoid us for the past three weeks but there is a wagon that we completely overlooked, this was all planned out and I might just be spitballing here, a unicorn is using an invisible spell to steal items from stores and homes on top of that the wagon was a getaway to make it look like a normal citizen.”

Star waited a moment before replying rubbing his hoof on his chin. “Yeah, that’s what I concluded too.” Star finally noticed the two mares behind Night. “Who are they?”

“Rookies.” Storm answered.

“Neat. So buddy what’s the game plan?”

“First things first.” Storm said. “We have a positive I.D that it’s a unicorn, but we don’t know what he or she looked like and if they are working alone or in a group.”

“So basically we have a bit of a jump on them.” Night said. “They don’t know that we have a lead on them so we can catch them by surprise. Storm takes a few pegasus officers with you and looks around town for a wagon, there aren’t too many in town.

“I’ll go alone.”

“No, you won’t. We need to find this pony now. This might be the only break we have and we can’t waste it.” Night turned to Comet. “Go with him.”

“Chief?” Clover said in a quiet voice.

“I want you to take the southern part of town.”

“Chief Night,” Clover repeated a bit louder.

“If you find anything to say it over the radio.”

“Chief Night,” Clover said loud enough to be heard.

“What?” She asked.

“They're gone.”

Clover pointed to the desk were Storm sat at. The desk was empty and a window was open. Star was nowhere to be seen in the whole room.

“Oh for the love of.” Night sighed facehoofing her forehead. “Ok new plan while these two are out searching, you and Clover go around and get more info. Were ending this today.”

1 hour later.

“Well, looks like we're at a dead end,” Star said. “All the wagons in town had either an alibi or they were just broken.”

The two officers sat on a bench at the park that was still being rebuilt after the stampede that nearly bankrupted the town from the total it would cost to rebuild everything.

“Yeah, it was the only thing we had. I don’t get how nobody saw or remember a wagon.” Storm said staring at a cloudless afternoon sky.

“In their defense, nine times out of ten these robberies happened when it was the dead of night or early in the morning. Which not a lot of ponies couldn’t be around or even see at the time.”

Storm closed his eyes and sighed. This was getting ridiculous. First, they couldn’t get a lead for anything. Now they finally caught a break and it was a dead end. Pretty much the story of his case. The only thing we had now was the wagon that was a possible getaway.

“Wagon.” Storm whispered. The only positive object in the case that they couldn’t find. “Wait a minute.” Storm said shooting his head up. “Could it be the wagon from the neighbors.”

“What’s wrong,” Star asked noticing Storm talking to himself. “You got something?”

“You said you saw the wagon right?” Storm asked. “Do you remember if it had a cover?”

Star tapped his head a few times. “I didn’t say this but a witness did. She said there was a wagon with a blue cover seen around town. The puller was a yellow mare with an orange mane.”

“Son of…” Storm muttered.

“What?”

“You just describe my neighbor. I think she’s the one behind all of this.”

Officer Shadow Storm please return to HQ immediately.

“That can’t be good,” Star said.

“No, it can’t.” Storm shook his head. “Star I need you to stack out my neighbors in case something happens like if they try to move anything or see something fishy.”

“You really don’t like your neighbors do you?” Star asked eyeing Storm.

“No, I like SunShine she seems pretty nice. It’s the husband I’m worried about. There something off about him.”

“Alright, I need to rest anyway. I’ll be in your house is that cool?”

“Touch my lemon cake and I’ll kill you.” Storm warned.