• Published 2nd Jan 2018
  • 329 Views, 2 Comments

Police Of Ponyville Episode 4: Didn't See That Coming - Shadow Storm 44



Storm had just returned from leave but crime waits for no one. What will he see today? Maybe a superhero.

  • ...
 2
 329

Crime Waits For No One

“And there.”

Shadow Storm had just finished loading all the spare wood into his basement for the fire. Now with that finished he had to place all of his groceries into their proper places in his kitchen. Storm closed the doors and locked it.

The winter season was right around the corner in Ponyville and everyone was stocking up on firewood for long cold nights ahead. Although, winters in Ponyville were never really harsh nor cold. Actually, it was really peaceful. Where Storm came from the winter meant cold day and nights along with heavy snow and epic snowball fights.

When Storm was walking to his front door he saw a moving wagon with a blue cover at a house across the street. Storm’s neighbor Elaina, was standing outside watching the movers load boxes and furniture into the house.

Instead of going in the house Storm decided to look in on the new neighbor. “Hey, Elaina.” Storm said as he walked towards her. “We got somebody new moving on the block?”

Elaina nodded. “Yea. I met them when I was working in my garden. It was a married couple, It was only a moment because they seemed in a hurry and went straight into the house. It was wired.”

“Yeah, just give them time.” Storm committed. “There new to town. They don’t know everybody yet.”

Seconds later a yellow mare with an orange mane walked outside the house. She was wearing a red scarf around her neck and begin to pay the movers.

“I thought you said she was married.” Storm asked. “Where’s the husband?”

“I don’t know inside maybe. You know Storm mares can be independent too.”

“Where did…” Storm stopped himself before he could say anything else. He knows it will lead to something he didn’t want, so he just dropped it. “Never mind.”

The movers begin to leave with the wagon in tow. Elaina tapped Storm on his shoulder. “Now is probably a good time to introduce yourself Storm.” She suggested. “You never know when you might get a chance again.”

Before Storm could answer Elaina dragged Storm across the street to the pink mare.

“Hi, Elaina.” She said. “Oh is this your husband?”

"No, No.” She said. “This is Shadow Storm.”

She turned to Storm. “Shadow Storm my name is SunShine.”

“Nice to meet you.” Storm smiled. “Where you from.”

“SHINE!!!” A voice came from the house.

Everyone jumped at the angry yell. It almost sounded like a hug bear roaring in pain.

“Yes?” Shine replied. Her voice was shaking with fear. “Is there something wrong.”

“Get in here and unpack these boxes they're not gonna do it themselves!”

Shine turned back Elaina and Storm. “I have to go nice meeting you.” Shine turned around and went back into the house and shut the door behind her.

“Who was that.” Storm asked still staring at the house.

“I think that was the husband, Burn was the name Shine called him. He kinda of creeped me out.”

“Creeped you out how?”

“The look on his face. When you see him you know what I’m talking about.” Elaina shook her head. “Anyway, I got to pick up Button from school. I’ll see you around.”

Elaina waved goodbye and left towards the schoolhouse.

Before Storm went back into his home. He turned around to the neighbor's house. He felt this was going to be the first of many incidents.



“I don’t get it. Why would you even do that in the first place?” Storm asked.

“Because.” Star sighed. “StarLight wanted to try something new and I couldn't say no.”

Strom was at his desk with Star waiting on special orders from the chief herself with an assignment for the both of them. She just said to wait at your desk and I’ll be there.

“But, Star you have four left hoofs. I’ve seen you dance and honestly, you're not that good. Plus, remember the police graduation party?”

“Hey, that doesn’t count.” Star protested. “It was graduation and I had like three bowls of that awesome ice cream. I’m amazed I got home.”

“I dragged you home.” Storm reminded. “You passed out of the floor. We almost called the hospital and have them deal with you.”

“What are you two talking about?” Night asked walking to the desk.

“Nothing important,” Star answered quickly. “Hey, chief why didn’t you allow us in at roll call.”

“I was about to explain that. First thing.” She turned to Storm and smiled. “Storm welcome back.” Storm nodded. “Second thing. While you were gone there has been a number of robbers all over town.”

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that.” Star cut in. “Is that still going on?”

“Yes, and the mayor is on my tail about it. It’s been happening for almost a week now.”

“So what have they taken?” Storm asked.

“Here take a look.” Night give Storm list of all the stolen merchandise Star looked over his shoulder. “At the moment just objects. Sofa, tables, a queen size bed.”

“So basely there stealing living room and bedroom sets?” Star asked as he continued shining the list.

“Yea, in a nutshell, I guess.”

Storm continued reading the list and Star did have a point. Sofa, a loveseat, dining table and a queen size bed. It's almost everything you need for a new couple moving in. Could it be?

“Well is there any new leads?” Star asked. “Last time I checked there wasn’t any.”

“Wait there was nothing?” Storm asked pulling his attention away from the paper.

“Nothing.” Night confirmed. “This group or lone pony is fast and quick like a cat and quiet like a mouse. We can’t get anything and witnesses can’t either. So here’s your assessment for today got to the locations of the robbers and find anything. It shouldn’t be hard.”

“Well, that was a total waste of time.” Storm thought as he walked home after going through a wild goose chase all day. Out of the four locations, only one of them has a hoof print that belongs to a stallion. Even with that, it’s still nothing so the whole day was a total wash. Followed by a whole afternoon of filing reports from the break-ins.

As Storm was nearing home he heard a strange noise coming from the across the street. When Storm tried looking around for the source of the sound all he could conclude was that it was coming from the new neighbor's house.

Normally Storm would have looked into it a little more. But, with a slow healing wing, walking around all day asking questions with the same answer and a small stack of paperwork. Storm just wanted to relax. Plus they just moved in, maybe they were in the middle of unpacking. Right?.

Author's Note:

Quick question, this has been bugging me for some time now. What is Button's Mom name? Dose she have one,do everyone just calls her something else or she doesn't have one. I'm very confused to be honest. I just use the name Elaina for now. To anyone can you respond soon she will play a bigger part in the next story and it would help if I knew her name. Thanks.