• Published 2nd Jan 2018
  • 13,834 Views, 993 Comments

Scars of Our Past - JWolfSilver



After the events of the fall formal Sunset is alone and most of the school against her. Will she accept her new friendships are real and will she realize that there is someone who wants to make her family?

  • ...
16
 993
 13,834

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8: Act

“OK, thank you Tender Heart. I’ll let her teacher know.” Celestia said into the phone Turning her attention to the two girls sitting across from her.

Gilda sat, arms crossed with an angry expression across her face. Sure, she just beat up Sunset Shimmer but the redhead had it coming. Trixie however, remained silent. She had never been in serious trouble before now. The most she’d gotten was detention from a magic trick gone south.

“Now,” Celestia said to the girls, “I would like an explanation as to what I just witnessed.”

Gilda perked up then put on the fakest pouty face Principal Celestia had ever seen.

“It was Shimmer, honest.” Gilda whined, “She came at me and Trixie! We were just hanging out and she started bad mouthing us. Then, when I told her to buzz off, she punched me! I was just defending myself.”

Celestia took note of Trixie’s surprised expression, a clear indication of what the Principal already knew, Gilda was lying.

“We do not tolerate violence at this school Gilda.” Celestia dead panned the girl, “Nor do we condone lying to the Principal.”

“But she-” Gilda tried but was interrupted by Principal Celestia’s hand.

“Gilda, in all the time Sunset has been a student here, she has never once initiated violence and with the state she’s in now, I doubt she even has the energy to do such a thing.” Celestia spoke then calmed herself with a sigh, “Since you are transferring to Crystal Prep next week, you are here by suspended for the next two weeks, out of school. If I catch you near Sunset on school grounds, I will call the authorities and if I catch you near here outside of school,” Celestia’s expression and tone turned dark, “You will have more than just the police to deal with. Now get out.”

Gilda shivered at the coldness of the usually kind Principal’s voice. That glare followed her until the door shut behind her, leaving only Celestia and Trixie alone in the office.

Celestia held her glare for a moment before realizing what she had just done, Did I just threatena student? What was I thinking? She could file a lawsuit! I could lose my job. She went into a panic before realizing she was still in the presence of a student.

“Miss Lulamoon,” She said with authority, “Though I know you aren’t one for flailing fist, I do wish to hear what happened. Exactly.”

“I-I’m sorry.” She muttered as tears welled in her eyes, “I- Gilda, I didn’t know she would actually harm Sunset, I just asked her to scare her, stop her from coming to Canterlot high! We don’t want to be under her rule again!”

“What would make you think that she would ‘rule’ again?” Celestia asked curiously.

Trixie stared blankly, “I-She…well she…It’s just what Sunset Shimmer does.”

“As I see it,” Celestia spoke, “Sunset has done nothing to you, or anyone else at this school since the fall formal. The Sunset I saw on Monday, was one who regrets what she’s done to the point of believing she deserved to be shoved and locked in her own locker.” She gave Trixie a pointed glare as the girl tensed at the mention of the incident. “Yes, I’ve known it was you since Pinkie Pie came to me when her friends were trying to free Sunset.”

“Snitch.” Trixie said under her breath but Principal Celestia heard.

This made the practiced Principal’s eyebrow twitch. It took all of her willpower to not lash out at the young girl. Instead, she did the next best thing; tell the full, heart crushing truth.

“Do you know where Sunset was on Monday afternoon?” asked Celestia, “Truthfully.”

“Well, I assumed she’d skipped school.” Trixie said.

“In a way, but under mine and Nurse Tender Heart’s orders.” Celestia saw the girl’s questioning glance, “Afterwards, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie took her to the hospital.”

“She was probably faking whatever it was.” Trixie said bitterly, “She’s lied before to get what she wants.”

The woman looked at her and realized she’d needed to approach this a little differently. She needed to be blunter, “Apparently, Miss Shimmer is claustrophobic.” Celestia couldn’t suppress her glare any longer, “She tried to beat the door open with her head. I have a doctor’s note indicating that she had given herself a concussion and was to avoid any strenuous activities. As we speak she is sleeping in the nurse’s office. I doubt getting punched in the face did her any good.”

Trixie stared wide eyed, trying to process this new information. She worked her jaw but no words came out.

“Now,” The Principal spoke, “Sunset had initially asked me to let the matter go and now I see that was a poor decision on my part. So, as Vice-Principal Luna and I have discussed, three weeks of out of school suspension, a phone call to your father who I am confident can find an adequate punishment for you.”

“But Sunset got a week in school!” Trixie protested, “How is that fair?”

Celestia almost lost it, “Because unlike you, Sunset doesn’t have anyone at home, her parents are away on business.”

Trixie paused again, “OK, I’m sorry, that is more than fair.” She reached in her pocket and pulled out a set of cyan sunglasses and set them on the desk and looked away defiantly, “I’m guessing she will need this back.”

After that, Principal Celestia had Vice-Principal Luna escorted Trixie to get her things, allowing the woman to have time to think while filling out the paperwork for this particular incident after calling Mr. Lulamoon.

She wanted nothing more than to expel Gilda, but the expulsion wouldn’t even hold considering she was transferring any way. Celestia also wanted to press assault charges for both girls but sadly, she had no jurisdiction over anything having to do with Sunset outside of school. Usually, that would be up to the parents

In the entire ordeal, she couldn’t help but notice how protective she got about Sunset. It was easily chalked up to how similar she was to her and her sister. Again though, she frowned at the thought. Their lack of interference with Sunset’s situation was actually making it worse for the girl. Sunset, though stronger than most of the students in the school, was still just a teenager alone in a world foreign to her. No less, she’d been there for six years meaning she’s been in this word since before she was out of her childhood.

The girl’s will was stronger than anything Celestia had ever seen. However, as she told Trixie, Sunset was alone. She had no one. No one to lean on, no one to comfort her or keep her warm in the winter. She thought back to one week when Sunset was in the ninth grade and had called in sick for almost two weeks because she had the flu. Sunset had to have been alone then too.

This revelation was absolutely heartbreaking.

How did a child survive so long in this place? Celestia questioned, Actually, was she ever happy like this? If I didn’t have Luna It would probably eat me up, I wouldn’t be able to stand it. I see why Doctor Horse suggested counseling, he probably got her talking and was concerned. She sighed, I don’t exactly want the world knowing about her situation, not even the staff. Luna, Twilight's friends and myself are the only ones that know and it will have to stay that way.

Just then, Luna walked into her office, “Sister? Are you crying?”

The old sister was snapped from her thoughts upon hearing her sister, What is she talking about? Celestia touched her hand to her cheek, feeling a damp line down her face.

“Well that’s strange.” She muttered then looked to her sister, “I didn’t even notice.”

Luna raised an eyebrow, “Miss Lulamoon’s father just picked her up. I am sure she will face adequate punishment.” She closed the door and sat across from her sister, a concerned expression across her face, “Are you OK, Tia?”

The older woman sighed, “Yes, I am fine. I just worry about the whole situation with Sunset.”

Luna nodded in understanding, “As do I. Mostly because other than Gilda and Trixie, I’ve seen so many other students gang up on the girl. I admit, she was a little terror, but I feel that this is getting out of hand.”

Luna, like every day, walked the halls between classes when she had time in order to catch anyone causing trouble. This past week she had given so many detentions for foul language and throwing objects at Sunset, she had to move some detentions to lunch and before school. It was chaos, all because of one girl who rarely got caught and served out her punishment just like anyone else when she did. Luna was also very sure that the majority of the students that were getting ‘revenge’ on Sunset Shimmer had never actually had any trouble with the girl.

“Dr. Horse probably saw some behaviors in Sunset that concerned him when she was there.” Celestia said with a sigh.

“Yes,” Luna nodded, “However, we do not want anyone else to know Sunset’s situation. Those five girls seem to be making an effort with her. In fact, I saw them create a human barrier around Miss Shimmer on the way to the nurse’s office earlier.”

“I’m glad.” Celestia said, “Pinkie Pie did tell us they were going to try to be her friends.”

Luna giggled, “With Miss Pie involved, I doubt she’ll be given much of a choice.”

Celestia smiled at her sister’s comment, “The best we can do now is keep an eye on her. I will call her in on Monday so I can get a feel for her mental state. I am still a certified counselor and teacher.”

“That is probably for the best.” Luna then looked at the clock and sighed, “I better be getting back to my paperwork.”

“As will I.” Celestia picked up her pen, “I’ll see you after detention.”

“I’m not sure who’s the ones getting punished, me or the children.” Luna mumbled as she left the room while Celestia laughed at her sister’s childish comment.

She looked at Sunset’s sunglasses sitting on her desk, She’s been wearing these all week. Probably because of the headache. Celestia grabbed them, No problem in taking them to her myself. It’s good to stretch my legs anyway.

Celestia left the office and headed to the nurse’s office, shooing a few of the regular skippers to class but kept on her path. Upon turning the corner, Celestia saw Fluttershy scribbling in a notebook while sitting on the floor in front of the nurse’s office.

“Fluttershy?” Celestia called as she approached, “This isn’t where you usually spend your free period.”

The girl jumped a little at the sudden voice of the Principal, “P-Principal Celestia! I-I didn’t see you there.”

“I’m sorry I scared you, Fluttershy.” Celestia apologized, “I was just curious as to why you’re sitting out here alone.”

“Oh!” Fluttershy said in a quiet but audible voice, “Nurse Tender Heart won’t let me in because Sunset’s sleeping. I decided to wait out here until she wakes up just in case.”

“I see.” Principal Celestia held up the sunglasses, “I came to return these to Sunset.”

“Didn’t Trixie take them?” She asked.

“She did but gave them to me when she was in my office.” Celestia explained.

“That’s good.” Fluttershy smiled sadly, “Sunset’s eyes were really bloodshot, I guessed it was from the headache and she has seemed pretty tired lately.”

Principal Celestia looked at the pink haired girl in front of her, “If you don’t mind me asking, are you and your friends planning on helping Sunset through this tough time?”

Fluttershy nodded, “We were hoping to but I’m not sure if she even wants our help.”

The door to the Nurse’s office opened nurse Tender Heart stood in the doorway and spoke, “Despite what she may think, Sunset can’t handle it all alone.”

Fluttershy nodded.

“Please give these back to Sunset.” Celestia said, handing the glasses to the nurse.

“Did you talk to her parents?” The Nurse asked.

Celestia glanced at Fluttershy for a brief moment before responding, “Yes, they are still out on business but they will call her later tonight.”

It was hard for Celestia to lie to one of her staff members but it is one of the world’s necessary evils, especially if your pupils were from an alternate universe.

Soon, Celestia was on her way back to the office, This is getting to be too much for her. Sunset doesn’t deserve this.

Author's Note:

Hey! Hope you all liked this chapter! Can you see where this story is going yet? We are about half way through this arc! Arc 2 is definitely my favorite so far!

Oh, just so you know how dedicated i am to this story, I, like I said, had this chapter written in advance, and I am currently updating this from my hotel room in another city the night before my hematologist appointment. If you don't know what that is; it's a blood doctor.

Anyway, see you next week!

Later!

PreviousChapters Next