• Published 2nd Jan 2018
  • 14,041 Views, 993 Comments

Scars of Our Past - JWolfSilver



After the events of the fall formal Sunset is alone and most of the school against her. Will she accept her new friendships are real and will she realize that there is someone who wants to make her family?

  • ...
16
 993
 14,041

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: Revelations

Author's Note:

AAAAANNNNDDD Chapter 7!

So, i'm going to be honest here, I was always going to post chapter 7 regardless of comments! This was a 2 part chapter. It was originally supposed to be one but it was two long so I had to split it! I just did the comment thing because I do get nervous whether or not I'm doing a good job.

I have to say, on this site alone I got way more comments than I was expecting! It really makes me feel awesome cause you all like my story! Thanks! I love reading all the comments!

Also, who saw my puns?

“Gilda!” Celestia yelled, stopping Gilda in her tracks.

Celestia stood where the five girls had been not a minute earlier. She was accompanied by Vice-principal Luna and Pinkie Pie who went over to where her friends were huddled around Sunset. Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna exchanged concerned glances. Looking over to Sunset who was still in a dazed state and then to Trixie and her two friends, who had kept silent since fists began to fly.

Celestia turned her attention to the five girls who were trying to get Sunset to her feet, “You five, please take Sunset to the Nurse. The rest of you, my office, now.”

The four troublemakers followed the two women as the remaining girls tried to get Sunset to lean on Applejack. As Applejack tried to grip the girl’s side, she yelped and jerked away, almost falling to the ground if it weren’t for Rarity catching her.

“Thanks, Rarity.” Sunset mumbled as she managed to stand up right, gripping her side.

“Not a Problem, darling.” Rarity said, “How are you feeling?”

“Like a Griffon flew into my side then punched me in the face.” She said.

“That is pretty accurate.” Pinkie popped up.

Sunset almost fell forward but used Pinkie’s shoulder to steady herself, “Thanks for helping me. I’m pretty sure she was legitimately going to kill me.”

Pinkie took Sunset’s arm and wrapped it around her shoulders, allowing the girl to lean on her while they walked.

“Why were you guys even back here anyway?” Sunset asked, “Don’t you usually eat in the Cafeteria?”

“We were looking for you, Silly!” Pinkie said in her usual upbeat tone.

“Ya see, Sunset,” Applejack spoke, “We uh, were concerned.”

“We may have noticed you were avoiding us.” Fluttershy explained, “You looked scared whenever we saw you. We
thought maybe we did something to offend you.”

Sunset Stopped in her tracks, “Offend me? You are afraid you offended me? Why would you even think that? You are the only ones who have been even remotely nice to me since the formal!”

“Then why are you avoiding us?” Fluttershy asked.

“Because I don’t want you to get hurt.” Sunset said as if it was obvious.

The girls looked at her, dumbfounded. Never in a million years have they thought that Sunset Shimmer would be afraid of hurting them. The same girls who took her down at the fall formal. If anything, they though she should be the one who should be angry.

Sunset sighed, looking at their confused expressions, “You’ve seen how everyone in the
school treats me now! I don’t want anyone else to endure that with me! A couple weeks ago I would have been more than happy to drag you down with me but now I don’t want even close to that. I don’t want anyone else to get hurt because of me.”

“I highly doubt that would happen, Sunset.” Rarity said, “If anything, it would be easier on you.”

“Yeah.” Rainbow Dash added, “We were the ones to stop you. The odds of anyone opposing us being friends with you, at least out loud, is extremely low.”

“I have a feelin’ something else is botherin’ ya.” Applejack interjected, “Why have you really been avoiding us?”

“That was the reason. Or at least part of it.” Sunset added, “Sorry, my head is killing me,
I need to sit down.”

The girls lead her over to take a seat on the front steps of the school. I guess they won’t leave me alone unless I give them a reason to.

“I already told you.” Sunset said, “I almost killed you and the Princess. I guess I’m just scared of what could have been. It’s hard to forget almost doing something like that, even if I didn’t have any control.”

“But that’s not what happened.” Applejack said, “I’d be lyin’ if I said the thought hasn’t
occurred to me.”

Everyone nodded in agreement. They all had actually discussed it at length after Twilight had explained to them the applications of dark magic and the side effects. It was the reason they had decided to watch Sunset for a while to be sure it really wasn’t her that was in control in her demon form.

“And you feel guilty about it.” Rarity said in a comforting tone, “So much so that you couldn’t bring yourself to be near us. That tells us a lot about who you really are.”

“That and you’re a total egghead.” Rainbow snickered.

“Huh?” Sunset gave her a questioning look.

“We saw you in the library helping Miss Cheerilee.” Fluttershy said with a smile, “You seemed to get distracted a lot.”
Sunset felt a blush creep to her face, “Oh.”

“Oh!” Rainbow said suddenly, “I almost forgot! The reason we came to find you was to, uh, inform? Yeah! We came to inform you that you cannot handle things alone and we aren’t going to let you out of our sight!”

“At least until we get to know each other enough and you decide you really don’t want to be in our little group.” Rarity said.

“It was hard watching you all week.” Fluttershy added, “We just want you to give us the same chance we would love to give you.”

Am I really hearing this right now? Sunset was dumb struck, These girls genuinely want to give me a chance? They want me to also give them a chance? They must be insane! Why would they want me to be their friend!

“I still don’t get it.” Sunset said, tear starting to form in her eyes, “You actually want to be my friend? If you’re doing this just because Twilight asked you to, I don’t want you to feel obligated.”

“Honestly,” Applejack said, “We didn’t really know Twi all that long. We consider her a good friend but we don’t really know her. We’ve know you since middle school, well most of us did, and now, watching you, we’ve seen you try to clean up your act in so little time. Keeping that kind of promise to a friend we know little about doesn’t really make sense.”

Rarity placed a hand on Sunset’s arm, “What Applejack is trying to say is yes, Twilight planted the idea in our heads but she isn’t the reason why we are doing this. We just want to help you be the best you, you can be.”

Sunset let her tears fall as she looked down at her knees and nodded, unsure of how to respond. She couldn’t shake the possibility of their only motive being that Twilight asked them to look out for her, despite what Applejack and Rarity had said, but, like on Monday, she found other people’s presence comforting.

“Ugh!” Sunset said screamed as she leaned against the steps of the school, “What am I even supposed to do! I can’t think. I feel like the universe is out to hurt my head.”

“Well,” Pinkie said, “You did get punched a couple times. And then there was incident with the locker, aaaannndd the fact that we blasted you with a rainbow laser directed at your face.” She thought for a second, “Maybe the universe is out to get you!”

The fact that the pink girl said all of that without so much as a wavering expression, Sunset started to snicker. That snicker turned into a full-blown laugh which didn’t seem to last long as Sunset flinched, gripping her side and groaned but smiled nonetheless.

“Yep,” She grinned, “The universe is out to get me.” Snickering again she looked to Pinkie Pie, “Are you always this excited about everything?”

Pinkie shrugged, “Pretty much.”

“Now that we got that out of the way,” Rarity stood, “We should really be getting Sunset to the nurse and get some ice. It’s starting to bruise and it can’t be good for her complexion.”

“Yes, cause’ that’s the issue here.” Applejack rolled her eyes.

“Why, of course it is Applejack!” Rarity dramatically touched her hand to her collarbone, “Sunset had always had a clear complexion and it would be a shame for it to be blemished by a bruise!” She turned to the fiery haired bystander, “By the way, you have to give me your secret! How does your face always look unblemished?”

Sunset raised an eyebrow as she was lead in side, “Because it is. I like to wash my face a lot so there isn’t any dead skin or oils to clog my hair follicles. I do get the odd pimple but it’s usually in my hairline so you don’t see it.”

OK, a minute ago I was screaming that I almost killed them and now we are just talking normally? Sunset processed, I have never been more confused in my entire life and I had to deal with Celestia’s double!

As they walked down the hall, Sunset barely took notice at how her and the five girls were walking. It was as if they had formed a wall around her. Rainbow and Applejack walked right behind her and caught and threw back any paper balls that came their way. On either side of her was Fluttershy and Rarity, meeting any hateful looks and comments with glares of their own. Pinkie just happily lead the way.

For the most part though, the students were confused as to what was even happening. Wondering why Sunset Shimmer of all people were being protected by the five girls who had saved them from her wrath.

In this shell, Sunset knew she was safe but she was still very uncomfortable. Soon, they entered the Nurse’s office where Nurse Tender Heart sat at her desk. When she noticed the six girls entering her office, she got up and quickly met them at the door.

“Girls?” She questioned.

Pinkie Pie moved out of the way to reveal a beaten and battered sunset, her right cheek now starting to bruise.

“Sunset?” Nurse Tender Heart gently padded the younger girl’s face, Sunset flinching every couple taps, “What happened.”

“I think Gilda bruised my ribs.” She replied.

“Come have a seat,” the nurse gestured to a bed then looked up at the clock, “You girls should start heading to class, the bell is going to ring any minute”

They looked reluctant to leave so Sunset spoke, “I’ll be fine. Honest.”

“Yes, yes.” Nurse Tender Heart shooed them out of the way, “Sunset is in good hands, now shoo.”

“But I have a free period.” Fluttershy protested.

“Then you can wait outside.” Tender Heart said before closing the door, turning to Sunset, “Now, let’s see your ribs.”

Tender Heart looked over Sunset’s injuries and frowned, “Good news; they aren’t broken, bad news, you’ll have a nasty bruise for a while.”

Sunset nodded, “Figured as much.” She yawned, “Can I go back to class now?”

“Hold on Sunset.” She said, “Have you been sleeping OK?”

This question confused Sunset but she answered honestly; “Somewhat, getting punched might be why I look so tired.”

She nodded, “Why don’t you have a rest? I will wake you up after this period.”

Sunset smiled, “I think I’ll take you up on that thanks.”

Sunset lay back in the bed and closed her eyes for a dreamless sleep.

PreviousChapters Next