• Published 2nd Jan 2018
  • 14,033 Views, 993 Comments

Scars of Our Past - JWolfSilver



After the events of the fall formal Sunset is alone and most of the school against her. Will she accept her new friendships are real and will she realize that there is someone who wants to make her family?

  • ...
16
 993
 14,033

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 57: Coming Together

Sunset sat up just as Trixie shut the door. They were trapped.

“I can’t see.” Rainbow complained.

“Who’s there?” Fluttershy said in a shaky voice.

Sunset stood up and took out her phone, shining the dim light until she found what she was looking for. She pulled the little cord, causing a small light on one side of the room to flick on.

Fluttershy let out a sigh of relief as Rainbow tried the door.

“Locked.” Rainbow said.

Rarity rolled her eyes, “Of course it is. Trixie wanted us to be trapped down here, she wouldn’t leave the door unlocked.”

Sunset checked her phone. No signal. And I thought things couldn’t get any worse.

“Spike?” Twilight asked aloud, “Where’s Spike?”

Sunset looked to see Twilight searching for her dog. She scanned the room as well but there was no sign of him.

“He probably didn’t make it down with us.” Sunset said, “I’m sure he’s fine.”

“Do you think he’s going to find help?” Fluttershy asked.

Twilight sighed and sat on the ground, “I hope so.

Sunset frowned, wanting to believe Spike would find them help, however, it would need to be someone who wasn’t under the sirens influence. That also meant he had to avoid being caught first.

***

Spike ran towards the school, I have to get help!

He slipped into the school as a couple people where leaving.

“Help!” he called down the empty hallway but there was no answer.

He rounded the corner and saw Flash Sentry arguing with his band members.

“Flash!” Spike called as he ran up to them, “Twilight and the others, they’re trapped under the stage! We need to go help them!”

Flash scowled and scoffed, “Why would I help them? They took my dream away from me.”

“You don’t understand.” Spike pleaded, “You’re under a spell. They just want to help!”

“If they wanted to help, they wouldn’t have gotten in my way!” He yelled at Spike then stormed off down the hallway.

Who else, who else… Spike thought, I know!

He dashed down the hallway until he made it to the main office where Celestia and Luna were in their perspective offices.

He scratched at Celestia’s door incessantly until finally, the tall woman opened the door.

“Celestia!” Spike greeted with a small brow, “Sunset-”

“What are you doing in here?” She interrupted with an irritated tone.

“Sunset and the others, they-” He tried to no avail.

“I don’t care if you are a dragon where you’re from but here, you’re just a dog.” Celestia said, “I was kind enough to let you in the school so long as you remained with Twilight. Where is she?”

“That’s what I’m trying to tell you!” Spike said frantically, “She-”

Celestia sighed and spoke as if he hadn’t said anything, “No matter, I’m about to close the school for the evening. Run along.” Then, she shut the door.

Spike huffed as he left the office, “I need to find someone not under their spell! What am I going to do?”

***

Hours passed and the girls sat in their little prison under the stage as Trixie and her band began to play their set.

Sunset hugged her knees and reflected on the last four months. Now, all of that progress seemed to be flying out the window. If they couldn’t get out of there soon, Sunset would never be able to face her family again. She also knew very well the only reason why the Sirens targeted CHS was because of the Equestrian magic that she had brought there. Now, they will get exactly what they came for and she couldn’t do anything to stop them.

I never thought I’d wish that I had listened to my demon. Sunset thought

Rainbow rammed the door for the umpteenth time but still it didn’t budge.

“Give it up, Rainbow Dash.” Applejack said, “You’ve been tryin’ at this for hours. It’s not going to open.”

“Maybe it doesn’t even matter that we’re trapped down here.” Twilight said with a frown, “I don’t think the counter spell would’ve worked anyway.”

Applejack wrapped a comforting arm around Twilight’s shoulders, “Of Course it would’ve worked, Twilight.” She then glared at Rainbow, “Assumin’ a certain band member didn’t try to hog the spotlight the whole time we’re tryin’ to play it!”

Rainbow put her hands on her hips, “Hey, if you want to tell Twilight that she’s getting too caught up trying to be the new leader of this band, you don’t have to be all cryptic about it.”

Sunset saw the look on Twilight’s face and furrowed her brows.

That’s when Rarity stepped in, “She was talking about you, Rainbow Dash.”

Twilight slipped out of the huddle and sat near the back of the shed.

“Me?” Rainbow exclaimed, surprised by the accusation, “I’m just trying to be sure my band rocks as hard as it needs to.”

“Our band!” The other members yelled.

Sunset looked over to Twilight who was talking to herself in the corner. She frowned when she heard Twilight said that she’d failed. It wasn’t right, the group is falling apart at the seams.

“It might have been your idea to start a band, but it isn’t just your band, Rainbow Dash.” Applejack said, getting in the girl’s face.

“I’m the one who writes all the songs.” Rainbow argued.

Fluttershy came out from hiding behind Rarity, “I write songs!” She said angrily, “You just don’t let us play any!”

“I had the most perfect outfits for us to wear.” Added Rarity.

Applejack rolled her eyes, “Again with the costumes! No one cares what we’re wearin’!”

I care, Applejack.” Rarity yelled angrily, “So sorry that I enjoy trying to make a creative contribution to the band!”

Pinkie, like she does, popped up suddenly in the middle of the group, flailing her arms, “Hey! Anyone remember fun? I’ll give you a hint, it’s the exact opposite of being in the Rainbooms!”

Sunset paled as they continued to argue, soon, she saw them develop a green hue then, like in the cafeteria, it seemed to stream off of them and go up to the stage.

No, Sunset thought, They’re giving them their magic. Sunset shook her head, I can’t let this happen.

Sunset heard the Sirens take the stage and begin their song, knowing full well that they were absorbing all the negative energy coming off of her friends.

“Stop!” Sunset yelled, “You have to stop!” The Rainbooms and Twilight turned to face her, “This is what they’ve been after all along. They’re feeding off the magic inside you!”

“How can they be using our magic?” Applejack asked worriedly, “It’s the magic of friendship.”

Sunset looked at Twilight who was waiting for her to explain.

“Ever since you started this band, you’ve been letting little things get to you.” Sunset sighed and looked at her feet, “I never said anything because I didn’t feel like it was my place. Not when I’m still new to this whole friendship thing.” Sunset looked up to the group, “I still have a lot to learn but I do know that if you don’t work out the smallest problems right at the start, the magic of friendship can be turned into something else.”

“I can’t believe that all of this tension was happening right under my nose and I didn’t even realize it.” Twilight said, now standing next to Sunset, “I’m the one who’s supposed to have all the answers and all I’ve done since getting here is let you all down.”

Sunset hesitated for a moment then placed a hand on Twilight’s shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile, “I don’t think anyone is supposed to have all the answers.” She gestured to the other five, “But you can count on your friends to help you find them.

The girls gave Sunset proud smiles.

“I think you already have.” Twilight told Sunset, “Come on! We need to get out of here.”

Sunset smiled and, all at once, the seven girls rammed the door and pushed, but the door wouldn’t budge. They fell backwards into a pile.

Just then, there was a knock and the door opened and they all gave blank looks.

“Spike!” Twilight cheered as he strolled in, picking him up in a hug.

Turns out, Spike found Vinyl Scratch who was not under the Sirens spell.

Sunset chuckled, Never underestimate the power of headphones.

“Come on, y’all.” Applejack said, “It’s time to prove that we still have the magic of Friendship inside us.”

“And there is only one way to do it.” Twilight said.

Pinkie Pie gave a hopeful grin, “We’re getting the band back together?”

“We’re getting our band back together.” Rainbow said triumphantly

“What version of the counter spell are we going to play?” Rarity asked.

“I don’t think it matters what we play.” Twilight said, now thinking a lot more clearly now that she wasn’t so stressed out, “As long as we play it together, as friends.”

“And I know just the song.” Rainbow said.

Everyone gave her a concerned look and Fluttershy frowned.

However, to everyone’s surprise, Rainbow wrapped her arm around Fluttershy’s shoulders and said, “Fluttershy’s written a great one.”

The shy girl gave Rainbow the happiest, puppy dog-like smile Sunset had ever seen, causing Rainbow to blush and avoid eye contact with Fluttershy.

Applejack scratched her chin, “We’re about to save the world here. Personally, I think we should do it in style. Rarity?”

Before they knew it, Rarity presented some outfits for the band.

Sunset grinned, I knew they could do it.

Author's Note:

I actually had to take a deep breath before doing the Author's Note for this one. Tomorrow I will post the final 2 chapters of Scars, One before work and one after work.

Do not worry I will let EVERYONE know when I'm posting the second Volume; blog post, chapter here, and Twitter (@JWolfSilver). So you will know. It will probably come out between December 2018 and March 2019.

Audio book casting is still going on and I will be sending out the Script and releasing a final cast sheet sometime in August.

Well, I guess I will see you all tomorrow.

PreviousChapters Next