• Published 2nd Jan 2018
  • 14,041 Views, 993 Comments

Scars of Our Past - JWolfSilver



After the events of the fall formal Sunset is alone and most of the school against her. Will she accept her new friendships are real and will she realize that there is someone who wants to make her family?

  • ...
16
 993
 14,041

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25: A Room

Celestia walked out of the school Thursday evening. She was concerned at first when Sunset wasn’t in school but then she received both a phone call to the school, and a text from the girl. It made her happy to know that Sunset was making sure she knew she was safe.

When Celestia got to her car, she saw Luna waiting patiently in the passenger seat.

“Sorry,” Celestia said as she got in the driver’s side door, “That took longer than expected.”

“It is not a problem, sister.” Luna assured, “I was only in here for five minutes. What are we shopping for again?”

“Things for the guest room that would make Sunset feel comfortable.” Celestia told her, “I don’t think white is really her color.”

Luna nodded, “I can’t see her enjoying that either. Especially that awful flower pattern you insisted on putting in there.”

Celestia rolled her eyes as they pulled out of the parking lot. “It’s better than the zombie ones you wanted.”

Luna crossed her arms and pouted, “I bet she would have loved them.”

“You do know Sunset has only ever watched television in class, right?” Celestia said.

Luna’s eyes went wide, “That means she’s never played video games either!”

“Well,” Celestia said, “She did play her first video game on Halloween. From what she tells me, she was pretty good at it.”

Luna grinned triumphantly, “I shall make her a gamer yet!”

“Hopefully, if she comes to live with us, she will be able to be a regular teenager.” Celestia said.

The sisters pulled into the Canterlot mega mall parking lot. They parked the car then headed inside.

Saying the mall was huge is an understatement. It would take a few hours to go into every store if you didn’t know what you were looking for. Sadly, for them, other than new bedding, they had no idea. However, for them, the end result was going to be worth it.

“So,” Luna started, “What if she doesn’t want to come live with us?”

Celestia stopped and turned to Luna, “I’ve thought of that. Sunset isn’t a stupid or naïve girl. She will see that this is best. However, I never actually planned on leaving up to her, even if she does decline.”

Luna raised her eyebrows in surprise, “You aren’t going to give her a choice?”

Celestia shook her head, “No, I’m not. She is still a child. From an alternate universe or not; she cannot continue living how she is.” They resumed walking as Celestia continued, “Don’t get me wrong; I fully intend on letting her come to the conclusion herself, but ultimately, whether she likes it or not, she isn’t going to be living alone anymore.”

“Do not worry, Tia, I doubt Sunset will decline your offer.” She thought for a moment then added; “Unless of course, she declines because she feels she is imposing on us. In that case, we will be able to handle the situation.”

Celestia nodded as they walked into a store with bedding, “I think you’re right.” She scanned over the comforters, “I know she likes black and red…”

Luna scanned over the choices then something behind her caught her eye. She smiled, “This one is perfect!”

Celestia turned to see what her sister was looking at and smiled as well.

***

After a few hours of shopping, both of the sisters had armfuls of bags and were just about to call it a day but as they were headed for the exit; one last store caught her eye. Celestia stopped and peered inside, biting her lip in contemplation.

“Tia?” Luna questioned when she realized her sister had stopped walking.

The younger sister followed the other’s gaze to what appeared to be an art store. There was a display in the window that had all sorts of art supplies: Canvas, sketchbooks, pencils, ‘How to’ books, spray cans, models and everything an artist could ever want. Needless to say, it didn’t take long for Luna to figure out what her sister was thinking.

Luna waked towards the store and looked back to Celestia, “You coming?”

Celestia smiled and they entered the store.

It only took a few minutes to realize they had no idea what they were doing. So, after about ten minutes of aimless wandering, they asked one of the clerks for help.

Celestia explained to the gentleman that there was a student who went to her school that was talented but their family didn’t have the money to spend on art supplies. So, they didn’t have any real outlet for their talent other than art class. When he seemed unsure, Celestia showed him the picture of the art project Sunset had showed her.

Once the man saw the picture, he was obviously impressed and understanding of the situation. He led the ladies around the store, grabbing stuff off of shelves and racks, explaining to them what each one was for. In the end, Celestia was happy with what they went out with, even if it was a little over two hundred dollars. That fact, she was not going to reveal to Sunset.

They headed home after that and immediately dusted down the, now former, guest room, setting it up how they thought Sunset would like.

Celestia smiled at her sister who too, had a wide grin on her face, “We get the paperwork soon. Right?”

Luna nodded, “But there is nothing really stopping us from at least asking her, now right?”

Celestia shrugged, “I’d rather wait to see what Chrys has to say, just in case there are complications.”

Luna nodded then hugged her sister good night before leaving the room.

Please hurry Chrysalis. Celestia thought to herself.

Only, life doesn’t abide by what any one-person’s plans. The world has a funny way of working itself out. Like some say, everything happens for a reason. It isn’t until after things go a little off course that you realize exactly why it happened the way it did. A lot of the time, it happens for the better.

Author's Note:

Welcome to post week! One chapter every day for 7 straight days plus the usual post next Monday! I'm really excited for this!
happy reading!

PreviousChapters Next