• Published 31st Dec 2017
  • 2,523 Views, 14 Comments

Nothing Better in this Life - TheGentlecoltAlex



Macarena Apple and Butterscotch Caringtion met under the strangest circumstances. But from those circumstances, grew a relationship that the two of them could never imagine living without.

  • ...
0
 14
 2,523

To Know Happiness

Butterscotch never thought that he could be so happy.

He had had his moments in life where he had been proud of himself, or with his friends. Times when he had succeeded in tasks that seemed impossible to him. He had experienced the joy of watching his baby animals be born and grow into the kind hearted little souls that inhabited his home. He had overcome his fears and seen himself grow over the past few years.

But this feeling was something different.

It was like a glow that constantly radiated within the bottom of his heart. A warmth that burned in the pit of his stomach and spread out across his entire body. It was like the feeling he would get whenever he could help a friend in need, amplified a hundred times over.

He didn’t need to ask himself where this feeling came from or why it was there at all. He already knew. It was because he was with her.

Macarena Apple, once Ponyville’s most eligible bachelorette, had chosen him. Him! Of all of the stallions in the entirety of Equestria that would have thrown themselves at her hooves for a chance at her affections, she had chosen him. A mare that he himself had spent long evenings pining over and stealing quick glances at. And now the two of them were together, making lazy circles along the edge of a lake that very few ponies knew about.

Butterscotch wouldn’t lie about how unconventional that their first meeting had been. It wasn’t every day that you walked in on a mare in heat, got held as a very willing hostage, and then proceed to fall in love with your captor. But the strangeness of the beginnings of their relationship did nothing to dampen how he felt.

He could still remember the look on Macarena’s face as he had flown out of the barn on that first morning after they had spent a day and an evening rutting like Solaris wasn’t going to raise the sun the next day. How his heart had ached for that entire day as he had lied to Angela about where he had disappeared to that previous evening. How could he just leave that poor mare locked alone inside of a barn for days on end? It had seemed to him that it would have been his responsibility, as the Element of Kindness, to ensure that she had some kind of company. Or at least, that was what he told himself as he had walked into Ponyville’s local pharmacy and bought the two of them some proper protection.

Butterscotch never thought that the sex was the reason that he had returned to that barn, day after day, and night after night for those two weeks, but by Artemis did it help. The more time that he spent talking with Macarena, in between sessions of their frenzied sex, the more he came to realize how much they shared with one another, and how much he wanted to stay. I can only stay with her for just another hour, or someone might find us like this he would promise himself as the sleeping mare’s head rested comfortably in his lap. But he rarely found the willpower to do it. Butterscotch just couldn’t find a way to tear himself from this mare.

He had brought her to this hidden little oasis in the middle of the forest for a couple of reasons. The first was the utmost solitude. Once the two of them had decided to make their relationship known to their friends and family, it seemed that they had lost any time they would have used to spend together alone. Macarena was always so busy on the farm with her family that it was rare for them to meet to begin with, but now it seemed like everypony wanted to step in whenever the two of them found some alone time during the day.

For certain, their little night time meetings gave them the time to be with one another alone, but those evenings were so far and few between, and reserved for their more intimate moments. What Butterscotch craved was to simply be alone with her. And this hidden pool granted them the perfect solace from other ponies.

The other reason was that he loved to see the indigo mare out here. Macarena seemed so natural and at peace here in the wilds of the Everfree Forest. Freed from the bulky harness weighing down her neck, she looked almost feral. Andwhen she stepped into that lake and just floated on its surface he was enamored by her beauty. It was how serene she looked as she let herself drift carelessly in the crystal spring. The way that her mane looked like fire, suspended in the water, slowly flickering about her head, trailing beneath her.

Butterscotch had been in love with that mane from the moment he’d laid eyes on it. How it tangled about behind her, the way that she would brush strands of it from those bright, emerald eyes. How it somehow always managed to catch leaves and hay in itself, lending her a wild look, as if she belonged to the outdoors. When she laid in his lap he loved to stroke through those soft locks, lost in the feeling of the strands as the fell across his hooves. He couldn’t help but notice that while he brushed through her hair, the tension seemed to melt from her body. Her muscles would relax and her face would fall into a look of utter calm.

He sometimes wondered if Macarena understood just how truly stressed she was. How much weight she carried on her shoulder at any given waking moment. He could tell whenever the two of them slept with one another; the way she would tuck herself against him so tightly, as if she was hiding. Butterscotch could only wrap a single wing around her as he tried to reassure her with just his presence. He was just happy that he could relieve her of those doubts and fears. To shield her from whatever troubled her and allow her to simply be at peace, if only for a few minutes.

Yes, indeed, he was hopelessly, madly, and irreversibly in love with this mare.

He stopped for a moment as a momma duck, followed by several little ducklings, passed by them. The frazzled looking mother stopped as well, turned, and gave a short series of quacks to the buttery pegasus. He smiled, “Yes ma’am, the water is excellent for a quick bath.” Butterscotch felt Macarena lean against him, and he leaned back, taking pleasure in their shared warmth.

The duck honked a thanks to Butterscotch and called over her shoulder to her cheeping babies to follow behind. He was smiling as they passed by when he was suddenly aware that his hooves were sliding against the ground as Macarena’s full weight leaned against him.

“Um, Mac?” He said as he pushed back against her. “Mac please.” He grunted as his hooves slid further and further out from under him. When he looked up, he could see that her eyes were closed, and a peaceful smile was spread across her face, completely oblivious to the outside world.

Butterscotch grunted harder as he strained against her mass his hooves digging small furrows into the ground as he slid, “Please stop leaning on me. I can’t hold you!”

His pleadings were useless and, try as he might, he couldn’t hold up the daydreaming mare for long before he slipped and Macarena went crashing to the ground with a loud thud. Her eyes shot open as the ground slightly shook beneath his hooves. “Oh my gosh, Mac are you alright?” He cried out as he leaned over her. “I tried to keep you up, I really did, but you’re so much bigger than me, and I…”

Butterscotch’s voice hitched in his throat has the mare laying on the ground beneath reached up a single hoof and brushed it ever so lovingly against his cheek. In that moment he was stunned with awe in just how beautiful she was as she stared up at him with those piercing jade eyes. The freckles peppered across her muzzle curving upwards as she gave him that calm smile that was so familiar.

The hoof on his cheek pulling him down until their lips made contact for the dozenth time that day. Those lips had become more known to him than his own and he could only stop and enjoy the moment as the two soaked in each other’s presence.

When they separated, Butterscotch’s thoughts were a jumble and his mind struggled for something to say, but Macarena beat him to it.

“Ah love you, Scotchy.”

The words struck him like a bolt of lightning from a clear blue sky. He knew what he felt for Macarena, and what she felt for him. Hell, they’d been feeling it for months now.

But it only just now struck him that neither of them had had the courage to let the words pass their lips. He thanked Artemis for every lucky star that he existed under, and prayed to Solaris that the day would never end as he replied. “I love you too, my sweet apple mare.”

“Ya promise?”

Butterscotch placed his own hoof on her warm cheek and smiled. “Forever and always.”

Butterscotch really loved the springtime.

Comments ( 11 )

Yesyesyes! Sooo cute! Glad to see you back at it pal. Hope things are going well Oh and Happy New Years!

How'd you come up with the name of Carington?

8641377
Happy New Year to you too, Darth. This story was something that had to happen, because Jargon's picture was just too damn cute! I hope to put out more in the upcoming year, but no promises. By the way, whatever happened to that story you said you were writing?

8641867
It's just a fan made name that's been used before.

This was a good read

8689750
Glad you enjoyed it, man. These sappy little pieces are always fun to write.

It's nice to see there's still some Fluttermac out there! This was sweet!

8950031
We are a small and struggling ship, but I sail aboard it proudly to the end. I'm glad you liked it :3

8953296
Sail on, friend!

8953384
I will drag this ship along, kicking an screaming, for as long as I can.

9229579
Me neither:yay:! I havent even been here for that log, but that doesn't mean I love this ship any less:pinkiehappy:!

Login or register to comment