• Published 30th Dec 2017
  • 8,503 Views, 121 Comments

Luna Saves Equestria In Her Sleep - Adorkable



Because she's that good.

  • ...
17
 121
 8,503

The Eyes.

Luna sat upon the large golden throne in the main hall, when her sister wasn’t hogging it all day in the sunshine it fell to her to take over during the night. The elegant alicorn softly popped her lips aloud, the echo seeming to carry on for what seemed like hours.

Her flowing mane of starlight was a bit unkempt, today she really didn’t get much rest as her sister was constantly making a ruckus. The whole castle up in a frenzy with the stomping of hooves driving her close to madness, that was without the constant neighing the Main Hall brought during voting hours.

Luna gave a quick gaze across the empty room, her pale blue eyes hidden behind black bags that hung heavily under her hues. All was silent and still as not a soul could be seen, she swiftly yawned as loud as she could, a large snort following after.

It was quite unladylike but at this point she was so sleepy, she did not care the least who knew she was drooling down the sides of her muzzle. With a flash of sparkling magic behind the throne, she lifted a silken dark blue eye mask from the abyss.

Smirking she slid the mask down and let out a sweet sigh of relief, just placing them on put her at ease as she could feel her whole slender frame melt into the throne like butter. Warmth flowing across her body as she slid into her seat comfortably, a tender smile upon her muzzle that was of unmatched comfort, carrying her away to cloud nine in the sky.

Unknown to her at the moment that Celestia had found her mask in the morning hours, taking the liberty to paste on large cartoony blue eyes on the front with an expression of pure intrigue.

The galloping of a night guard could be heard for miles down the empty hallways of the castle, a large grey stallion pushing ahead with all his might, cloaked in armor as dark as the night he protected. He winced dark steel blue eyes in pain, pushing himself to not stop as he lunged into the Main Hall with urgent news.

The doors to the room exploding open with sounds matching that of crashing thunder, the guard slid to a stop before the ruler of the night kneeling, trying to catch his breath between pleasantries.

“Your majesty! Invaders of Diamond Dogs come from The Badlands!” The guard spoke his voice full of urgency and worry.

Luna gazed to the guard as her head tilted downward slightly in acknowledgement, her eyes still with the wisdom of a thousand years, never blinking.

“They are outside the gates of the city princess! They threaten war unless you kneel to their commands, they claim a force of at least two thousand!”

Luna tilted her head off to the side, the guard watching as she viewed the city from her throne room window. Lost in deep thought, she had to protect her subjects but also could not surrender to such wild animals.

“What do we reply? This might become our darkest hour.”

“Snooort!” Luna let a mighty noise erupt from her nostrils, echoing across the room like a clash of a thousand armies.

“My goddess! Are you sure we should offer such a crude reply? Those monsters are on edge as it is.”

Luna lifted her head back towards the sky above in the deepest of thoughts, before she clashed it downward in her reply of yes, the guard awestruck shivering in his place. Never had he seen such a brash tactic to deal with invaders.

“I will tell their commander we shall not kneel to such demands, anything else my princess?”

Luna seemed to snort aloud even more as she mustered a mighty cleansing from her nostrils, smacking lips proudly as she spit out a mixture of drool and waste to the floor below.

“I see. We spit on their offer.” The guard shivered in place and began his walk outside to face the enemy head on with his orders from the princess herself.

Luna gave a soft lick of her lips as she placed a hoof on the side of the throne, resting her head upon it in a vain attempt to get comfortable. Eyes gazing out towards the front gates in intrigue her night guard relaying the message before her, a loud gasp escaping the mouths of the enemy forces.

The diamond dog commander gave a wicked snarl, foam filling the sides of his mighty jaws his golden armor gleaming in the moonlight above. He began to dig his long razor like claws into the soft dirt below, golden hues gazing up to the open window of the castle.

His eyes locking upon her own, he cast a glare of anger like none other to the ruler of the night. Baring long white fangs towards the window in a show of strength, the princess never budging from her spot, eyes blank and unblinking.

The commander felt his gaze burn like hellfire, casting an eerie yellow glow towards the pathetic slender pony to break her resolve into pieces. Yet she gave a stare that was as cold as the night itself, her eyes large and pale like the moon she ruled over, full of vast knowledge of the ages.

The large dog felt his body tense as he gave a death stare to the pony, one that should cause her to feel true fear within her soul. He felt his body ache and eyes burn like embers, before soon he gave a large blink, flinching in place while the taste of defeat flooded over him.

Her gaze unblinking and cold, full of death that might have followed if he did not pull back his forces. The commander gave apology to the killer ponies who were kind enough to spare them, soon the mass of dogs vanishing back into the hills from whence they came.

The sun soon rising high into the sky the break of dawn here at long last, the grace of a new day filling the air with hope and renewed faith. The night guard gazing towards the pale blue sky, watching as Celestia brought forth her sun.

“I should’ve never doubted her grace.” The guard spoke with a sense of relief filling his soul, swiftly walking off into the distance to greet his family.

To share his love with his dear wife and be thankful to tell his daughter, how he loved her so.

Deep within The Main Hall, Luna sat upon her throne gazing forward in infinite knowledge of the world around her. Once again saving her land from near destruction with grace, poise and…

“Snnnooooort….mmmm...om-nom...drop the banana Tia.”

Comments ( 121 )

This is exactly the story I need this late at night. :rainbowlaugh:

8638102
:rainbowkiss: Glad you had fun reading it.

I had a blast writing it.:trollestia:

Oh my god! This is pure gold :rainbowlaugh:

8638179
The eyes are windows to the soul.:trollestia:

Glad you liked.

We need a new tag for stories that could happen in the show.

8638652
I wasn't serious. I was just paying a compliment. :ajbemused:

8638652

8638692

I can picture you with just like the most serious face.:rainbowkiss: - i65.tinypic.com/vhs12t.jpg

8638667
:raritywink:


8638691
Thanks for the compliment.:pinkiesmile:

Well, that was short, fun, and- snooort!

8638940
The mighty sleep snort can solve anything from war to age old disputes!

The bold drawn on eyes help as well...:trollestia:

that was terrible and hilarious and now i want to see how Luna reacts to all the ponies praising her for ending an invasion she doesn’t even know about.

This was silly, dramatic, and fun.
If not for the handful of typos, it would be silly, dramatic, fun, AND glorious.... alas, such is the way of things.

Seinfeld theme plays

8639096
Alas I can't be perfect.:rainbowderp:

I must bathe in my flaws, like a swine within the mud!:raritycry:

But at least i have Wabi-sabi! :rainbowkiss:

Glad you had fun reading.:twilightsmile:

That moment when you can’t like a story because the like button moved to the bottom and you didn’t know about it.

8639319
Sometimes websites and computers, can be our greatest foes.

i68.tinypic.com/13z1rfd.gif

8638969
Yaassss!!!! That needs happen!!!! Like NOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8639374
Since you are like the second person to agree with that...

i67.tinypic.com/v80zsj.jpg

8639398
LOL :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:




But seriously, want to see it happen...

Last I checked, the princesses were pretty crap at saving Equestria.

8638122
Hoping for a sequel--maybe Celestia trying the same stunt with political intrigue of the Day Court?... :trollestia:

8639440
:rainbowlaugh:

True. But they also have their moments...

i67.tinypic.com/o9oacj.gif

8639411

8639618

I might see what I can come up with, don't want to rush it.:twilightsmile:

8639700
true. if you do write a sequel/bonus chapter, we’ll want it to be the same (if not, better) quality of humor as the one before it! :)

8639710
Heehee. Yep-yep!

I came up with this one a good while ago, just barely got around to writing it.:twilightblush:

8639720
its ok, writer’s block (or just general laziness) can get even the best of us :twilightsmile:

This story made me giggle so much. These short stories do make my day so much brighter.

8639744
:rainbowkiss:

Honestly I kep't pushing it back, because I thought no one would think it was funny.

But then again my first draft of this was Luna fake sleeping through Celestia's speech, during a celebration.

Changed it up to this later.:rainbowlaugh:

8639756
Awww!

i'm happy I could make you smile, with a silly tale.:pinkiesmile:

8639775
Either way, I’m glad you wrote it!!!:twilightsmile:

Very cute, the ending was a little bit rushed, but the premise was great, the prose and grammar are spot on, and the execution was lovely.

Thank you very much for sharing!

8639807
You're welcome and Thank you.:twilightsmile:

Also yes...rushed...I totally didn't just run out of ideas on how to end it...hehehe...

i63.tinypic.com/2a95tky.gif

ooooo yesh thats the stuff:rainbowkiss:

8639874

Also yes...rushed...I totally didn't just run out of ideas on how to end it...hehehe...

Heh, it happens, the story was still very good, I'm happy to have read it.

I laughed so hard I cried.

8640051
Always happy to make people cry.:trollestia:

Moments like this are why I love the fandom. Well done.:pinkiesmile:

Luna quickly gave a quick gaze across

Hmm a repetition here.

she quickly yawning as loud

yawned

8639693
Thank goodness they have their 'moments', otherwise they'd be the most useless characters on the show. XD

Login or register to comment