• Published 20th Jan 2018
  • 399 Views, 2 Comments

Carbon: Equestria - Alfoals Trottenbauer

  • ...
 2
 399

III - Fleeing

The howling got closer. Mutants. By the time you heard them, they were already on your tail. Short Circuit pushed System and Wired.

"Come on, get up! Mutants are coming!" He urgently whispered.

System jerked her head toward him.

"Mutants!?"

Wired got up.

A snarling noise was nearing the tent.

The three grabbed their weapons and galloped just past five mutants. They barked loudly, snapping their jaws just behind Tapped.

Short circuit grabbed her and galloped faster. The creatures were gaining on them. An air dome was in sight. There were spiked wooden logs and a gate behind it.

A small fort came into view from the fog. The three galloped faster.

Suddenly, the mutants behind them started to whimper. A gunshot echoed. One fell down. The rest soon followed. Equine silhouettes waved from atop towers.

The siblings stood at the gates of the fort. A small patrol opened the gates.

"Get into the fort, there's more of those things bound to come." The patrol's leader said to them.

They trotted in. The patrol led them to a small building. A sign hung above that read:

'War Room.'

They entered the building. A tall, strong-jawed stallion stood reviewing a chalkboard with a plan scrawled on. He seemed old, but still able. His coat was white with a light blue tint in it, and his mane was light grey. It was now apparent this was some sort of old schoolhouse. The fort was probably built around it.

"Sir, these three were almost killed by Mutants." The patrol's leader explained.

"Ah, I see our snipers are still on post." the stallion said, turning from the board.

"Welcome, my name is General Theta Sparks." He greeted the three, with a British accent.

"You can take off those masks while you're in the fort. Our artificial atmosphere is in good condition as of current." General Sparks said as he pointed a hoof up.

They removed their breathing apparatuses.

"An Earth Pony, a Pegasus, and a Unicorn." He remarked, "You three seem tough, would you like to join the Revolution?"

"Depends," Short Circuit replied, "How much supplies do you have?"

"As much as you can think of." Sparks chuckled.

"Count me in, what about you guys?" He said, turning to his sisters.

They nodded nervously.