• Published 20th Jan 2018
  • 399 Views, 2 Comments

Carbon: Equestria - Alfoals Trottenbauer

  • ...
 2
 399

XIII - Storm

The revolutionaries, led by Quantum advanced towards The City. Tapped Wire, System Crash, and Short Circuit barely remembered how the city looked. The Consul's tower pierced the sky, and the synthesized atmosphere towered to accommodate it. The last three floors of the building exceeded the maximum height of the atmosphere, so each floor had it's own personal, compact generator. There were small squads at the front of the entrance.

The main problem was the turret guns and searchlights on the towers.

"Stop! Gather in your squads!" Quantum called out.

"We have devised a plan." General Sparks explained,

"Psi Squad, Lambda Squad, you will snipe the gunners in those towers. Once that is done, you will keep your positions and pick off individual enemies. While they do that, Sigma will detonate satchel charges on the gate. Theta Squad will then charge in alongside Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Iota, and Tau. These groups will be under me until we reach the entrance. Omicron will carry the weapons and supplies for any citizens we find. Delta will be support, if all else fails. Carry on."

Short Circuit switched his VIPR to sniper mode. A small electrical humming and the barrel slid out. The scope swiveled upward from two small rods. A red laser pointer switched on. Short Circuit looked into the scope.

Through the green coloration and scan lines, Short Circuit saw a gunner in the turret. He positioned it so that the gunner was in the retical. He fired, the noise was almost a clap of thunder in magnitude.. Blood gushed from the shot to the head. Two medics rushed to aid him, but it was instantly fatal.

The other three turret guns started firing at the mound of metal he lay prone on. He moved to the next gunner and fired.

System Crash got the other two.

Sigma squad galloped silently to the gate and placed the explosives. They galloped back and the charges burst the gate open.

Moonlight Company soldiers came pouring out of the gates.

"Let's go, Theta! Charge!" Sparks shouted out.

The six squads galloped at full speed with their VIPRs out. Through the scope, System Crash could see the surprise on Moonlight Company's faces when they were suddenly charged by the rebels.

A soldier on one of the towers was about to throw a grenade. Short Circuit aimed at the soldier's chest and fired. The stallion collapsed and the grenade detonated in the tower.

More soldiers came galloping out of the gateway.

Delta went galloping out to the battlefield.

A soldier started to climb up one of the towers. System Crash shot him down.

There was a break in Moonlight Company's formation. Theta and the other squads broke through into the city.

"Lambda, Psi, Sigma, Omicron! Follow Theta!" Valence called out.

The groups galloped to the battle. System and Short switched to Assault Rifle mode. They galloped through the gates and a large mass of citizens galloped to them.

"We've been looking to join you!" The citizens said ecstatically.

Omicron gave them weapons and ammo. The Consul's day of reckoning had come.

They soon met up with Theta and the gigantic flood of ponies marched through the streets. Moonlight Company had blown out most of their units at the gate. What little off-post soldiers they could send out were small squads. They marched towards the colossal tower The Consul called home.