• Published 29th Dec 2017
  • 3,622 Views, 19 Comments

The True Meaning of Flawless - T-Storm



After the Mane Six finish singing Flawless, one pony helps the fan ponies understand the meaning behind the song.

  • ...
3
 19
 3,622

The True Meaning of Flawless

Today in Ponyville was anything but ordinary. Normally ponies would would be getting along effortlessly, there'd be little to no arguments or fighting, and there would be friendship everywhere a pony would go. Today, however, everything that was going on was just the complete opposite.

All of the ponies in Ponyville were gathered at Twilight Sparkle's castle, practically causing a riot. Scattered arguments were made about the Mane Six, in particular. Each pony said something about why they like or dislike a pony from the famous group of heroines.

Sparkler was a part of this fan war, not that she wanted to be. She just felt that what Fluttershy wrote in her section of the journal could have actually happened, and another pony argued against that, thus sucking her into the fan war.

Truth be told, the Mane Six themselves didn't think a journal about friendship would cause such a riot, and neither did Sparkler. But none of them knew about her yet.

Just as Sparkler was about the argue with a male pony, the Mane Six came out of the castle, to calm everypony down. Then a reporter from the Canterlot Chronicle walked up to the ponies.

"Princess Twilight, I'm with the Canterlot Chronicle. Quick Question, what would you say to ponies who wonder why you moved to Ponyville in the first place?" He asked.

This was an easy question for Twilight to answer.

"To learn about friendship. That's why the journal even exists." She answered.

As she continued about how her friends each taught her valuable lessons, Sparkler could help but take all of that into consideration.

"I've never thought about it that way!"She thought to herself. "Could everything in the journal be what actually happened?"

Like Twilight's little speech, Sparkler's thoughts were quickly interrupted by the reporter pony with a brief statement.

"Some ponies would argue that it would not be believable that the six of you would be friends." He said.

This took Sparkler by surprise. Every time she had seen the six of them together, they were happy. They would save Ponyville, and Equestria from certain doom, they would sometimes sing together, they were just happy to be in each other's company. To her, if that doesn't make them friends, then she would know what would.

The reporter pony spoke again. "I've read this journal cover to cover, and I believe your character would be more interesting if she'd stayed in Canterlot."

Twilight was offended by that argument. "My character?! We are real ponies! This journal is a record of things that actually happened to us! We've made mistakes and we've learned form them!"

While the fan ponies continued to dispute, Sparkler stepped away from the crowed to read a little bit of the journal. As she skimmed through it, she realized something important. For most of the events that had happened in the journal, she was there!

She was at Rarity's fashion show in Manehattan, she witnessed Rainbow Dash telling the truth about the teams for the Equestria Games, she was there at the Goof Off, she saw the Ponytones performance when Fluttershy accidentally revealed herself, she saw Applejack tell the truth about the tonic, she even saw when Twilight got her castle. She had been there for it all.

After closing the book and trotting back to the crowd, she noticed they were still arguing. That is until Twilight used her magic to amplify her voice and told everypony to listen to her.

"I never Claimed to be perfect, my mistakes are all written in ink.

None of us claimed to be perfect, and that's sad if that's what you all think.

Our flaws helped to make us special, they bond us and keep us strong.

Our flaws are what brought together, so stop acting like something's wrong."

As the Mane Six continued to sing, Sparkler realized another thing. What they wrote in the journal were actual mistakes that they had made and learned from. Each entry had a lesson that a pony learned when they wrote it in the journal.

"Could they have published the journal so we can learn something?" Sparkler thought to herself while she listened to the song.

Every lyric contained a pony from the Mane Six saying one of their flaws, Rainbow Dash's personality coming off as cocky sometimes, Rarity being a drama queen, Applejack being too eager to please and being too honest, Fluttershy learning the perfect balance between shy and assertive, and Pinkie Pie joking a little more than she should.

As the ponies were just about finished, Sparkler understood everything.

"You see, everypony, none of us ever claimed to be perfect. Without our flaws, there wouldn't be any friendship lessons to learn. Without our flaws, there wouldn't be any friendships at all."

There a beat of silence before Sparkler finally spoke up.

"I understand!" She said, drawing everypony's attention to her.

She trotted to the castle and stood next to the Mane Six.

"I understand everything. Nopony here is perfect, including all of you. We all have our flaws, and there is nothing we can do or say that will prove other wise. But it's our flaws are what make us who we are. They are what make us unique, they help to bond other ponies, and help friends. And when we learn from our mistakes, that makes us one step closer to being the ponies we want to be. Everything in your journal reflects on a lesson that you have taken the time to learn. As for us, I think instead of arguing over who is the best and the worst, we should accept the fact that even our favorite ponies, who literally sang their flaws out to us, are not perfect. Nor have they ever claimed to be."

Everypony was in complete shock, including the Mane Six.

Princess Twilight was the first to speak. "I can't believe out of everypony, you genuinely understood everything."

Sparkler nodded. "I was there for some of the events that happened in the journal."

"Huh." All of the Mane Six said in unison.

Sparkler continued, "And since you asked us to you our flaws, I will. I sometimes become too afraid to say what I think because I don't think other ponies would agree with me."

"Well I'm glad at least somepony here gets it!" Applejack said happily. The rest of the girls agreed.

"I think she's right!" A male pony with a shirt that has Rainbow Dash's cutie mark said.

One by one everypony who were arguing before started to agree with what Sparkler said.

"As for the journal, I think you should keep updating. The more lessons we can learn form you all, the better it will be for everyone!" Sparkler said. Everyone in the crowd agreed.

Twilight pulled the girls into a huddle. After about minute, they faced the crowd once again.

"May I have your attention, please. Since the journal has now received positive reviews, we will keep it published and we will let you know of any updates!" Twilight declared.

Everypony cheered. Twilight and the rest of the girls hugged Sparkler.

"Thank you, for everything!" Twilight said.

"You're welcome." Sparkler replied.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few days later, everypony was reading the latest update on the friendship journal. Everyone, except Sparkler.

Toola Roola and Coconut Cream ran to Sparkler with a copy of the Friendship Journal.

"Hey, Sparkler!" Toola Roola said, out of breath. "Have you seen the latest entry on the friendship journal?!" She asked.

"No. Why?" Sparkler replied.

Coconut Cream gave Sparkler the journal. "Go to page 133!" She said.

With a little concern, Sparkler did as she was told.

When she read the journal entry, she was awe-stricken.

Dear Diary,
We all learned that we can't change a pony's opinion on us, but we can change how we let it affect us. However a very special pony also taught us that we shouldn't judge a pony based on a journal entry and all it takes is a bit of understanding about the context, especially about this very journal. We would like to thank Sparkler for teaching us this valuable lesson.

Twilight Sparkle.

Sparkler couldn't help but smile at the fact that she helped the Mane Six, and the ponies of Ponyville.

"You're all welcome." She said once again.

Author's Note:

This was made as a request for JimmyHook19 (See latest blog for more details). I hope you all enjoyed! :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 19 )

This was nice. There are some typos here and there ("Goof Off" instead of "Good Off" for example) but I still liked the way you handled this story and how Sparkler played a role in settling things with the fans :pinkiehappy:

8636865
I'm glad you liked it and thanks for telling me about the typos. :twilightblush:

I like how background ponies actually get involved with the mane 6 for once XD :rainbowkiss:

Yeah, we could use more of that! :raritywink:

brilliant. BRILLANT!!!! 10/10 for sure!!! <3


I'm glad that I was the one who suggested it <3


and of course.... instant favorite from me for sure!! <3

8637023
Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!:pinkiehappy:

8637052
your welcome <3

I for sure indeed did <3

Really nice. I throughly enjoyed it.

Huh, Sparkler?

Is that the tag? I'm pretty sure her name is Amethyst Star but, oh well. XD

8637300
Her name is Amethyst Star. It's just I think on this site her name is Sparkler for some reason.

one word to describe this story:
DAMN.
now a sentence to describe it:
DAMN, you took the biggest flaw in the entire episode, and fixed it(in a believable manner, no less!).

8792594
And that's a good thing? :)

8807241
well gee, what do you think?

8808236
Well.... i was the one who requested this story ^^;

8830764
then 'tis to thee i deliver my thanks

8831287
-bows- your welcome =3

I have always liked Amethyst ever since she confronted Rainbow over milking the whole hero thing. I even commissioned a plushie of her.

9020824
:)

I'm glad T-Storm did this story for me :)

What do you think of it though, StormLuna?

9020850

I've written my own story involving her called "Election in Ponyville" that is in the comedy/random folder here. Right now I'm working on a sequel called "Re-election in Ponyville: Defending Her Turf"

In both stories, I portray Amethyst as a no-nonsense type pony who wants to eliminate wasteful spending, balance the budget, lower taxes and wanting a more business friendly environment in Ponyville. She won in the first one and achieved her objectives and in the sequel she is facing off against Miss Mare and Iron Will...which will be very fun because Iron Will is going to try to win votes by promising free zeppelin cruises for everypony if he wins.

9020862
Noice =3


Anyways, you know.... I would love to see someone try and make a comic based on this Fanfic, just so I can still let people know of this one scene that I saw in Fame and Misfortune and letting them know I'm not the only one :)

Login or register to comment