• Published 18th Mar 2018
  • 817 Views, 8 Comments

Fading Into The Background - Dr Equinox



After another boring day of lonliness I get struck by a 'stray' bolt of lightning. Next thing I know I wake up in a colorful world full of talking horses. It's weird cause I swear I've seen them before...

  • ...
3
 8
 817

I swear this feels familiar

Back again with the third part of the introduction chapters. Let's hope any quality I proposed earlier stays with me.


I caught up with the group fairly quickly. My chest heaved laborious breathes of an out of shape man in his early twenties going out for a run, but I made it. Noticing the silence, I decided to try my hand at idle conversation.

"So hey... how far is our destination exactly?" I asked, gesturing with my hands to the path we were on. "Because at this rate it seems like it's some distance away."

"Well, the castle itself is supposed to be near the center of the Everfree. Judging by how far we are already, I'd say it shouldn't take too long." Replied Twilight.

"I do hope we get there soon. My eyes could certainly take a break from all this muck." Rarity complained, earning a snort from me.

"Kinda unfortunate you guys don't wear shoes. I'd imagine they'd be beneficial in these sort of circumstances." I said, Rarity's ears perking up as she turned towards me whilst continuing to trot forward.

"Speaking of, darling, you absolutely must let me take a look at your garbs. They're quite unlike any clothing I've ever seen!"

"Uh, sure... hey, anyone else notice how dark it just got?" I asked, noticing I could now barely see in front of my face.

How did I not see that before?

"Oof!"

"Sorry!"

"Ow!"

"Ah shit, my bad."

"Language!"

"Oh come on-"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"AH, Jesus! Scream right in my ears why don't you?!"

"What happened?!"

"Hell if I know!" I exclaim, finally blinking some of the darkness away. I found someone, I'm thinking it was Fluttershy, sitting stock-still in front of a tree for some reason.

"Hey, I can finally see again. Now, why are you over here screaming... like... that."

Wow... that's actually pretty fucking creepy.

"What's so scary? It's just mud." Applejack says, unaware of what I just noticed surrounded us.

"Check behind you."

Now that I could see again, albeit with some difficulty, I could tell she was confused. She did turn around, but when she saw the disturbingly defined and grotesque faces on the tree's, she turned right back around and bolted away from them. As she did the others took notice of their surroundings and did the same. Except for one, apparently.

"Pinkie, what are you doing? Run!" Twilight practically screamed.

"Run from the tree's?"

Also, why you always gotta scream Sparkly? Ya loud.

"Oh girls, don't you see?" Asked Pinkie, a tune starting around us.

"What the- is that music?"

~When I was a little filly and the sun was going down~

"Tell me she's not..." Asked Twilight, wondering the same thing.

~The darkness and the shadows, they would always make me frown~

"She is." Answered Rarity, sounding used to it.

"Wait, does she do this oft-"

~I'd hide under my pillow, from what I thought I saw~

~But Granny Pie said that wasn't the way to deal with fears at all~

"Then what is?" asked Rainbow.

"So this is norm-"

~She said, Pinkie, you've got to stand up tall, learn to face your fears~

~You'll see that they can't hurt you, just laugh and make them disappear~

Pinkie, being herself apparently, bounced over to a tree and laughed at it. This resulted in a poof of pink smoke around the face, which revealed a normal tree underneath. Collectively the girls gasped while I raised my eyebrows as far as possible.

Did that actually work?

~So, giggle at the ghosty~

~Guffaw at the grossly~

~Crack up at the creepy~

~Whoop it up with the weepy~

~Chortle at the kooky~

~Snortle at the spooky~

~And tell that big dumb scary face to take a hike and leave you alone andifhethinkshecanscareyouhe'sgotanotherthingcomingandtheveryideaofsuchathingmakesyouwanna... hehehe,hahahahha *snort*...~

~Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh!~

After her singing episode, where even I got a little laugh in, the tree's were all normal and the ponies were laughing their assess off. Even now I could barely contain myself.

Ah, what the hell...

"Hehehe... hehehe... hahahahahahahahahahaha!"

That was fun.


Once we all gathered ourselves, still snickering here and then, we continued on with our adventure, our spirits higher than ever. With my case of pessimism, that wasn't to last. Even in my happy state of mind thoughts of doubt began to pop up. Things like, 'What's going on', 'How am I going to get home', and 'Am I still alive' swirled around in my head.

Ah, whatever. Even if this all turns out to be some fever dream induced by hypothermia I'm still glad I had it. Now, let's forget all about that. Hmmmm.... yup, there we go. Right in the vault.

Coming back into focus, I noticed we were approaching a river. In fact, it was a rather large river. A violent one too.

"How are we gonna cross this?" Asked Pinkie, the other gathered behind her.

"Hmmm... well, we can't swim across. The waters probably too deep and rough for that. Wait a minute, can't you guys fly-"

"Huh?"

"-Or you could just ignore me and walk away, that's fine too."

Like it was stated above, the girls kind of went off further down the river, totally ignoring me and my suggestions. After grumbling to myself I followed suite, finding a large serpent-type creature... crying? It was kind of hard to tell. I mean, the sounds and mannerisms were there, but it could also be a fucking war cry for all I know, so whatever.

"Excuse me sir. Why are you crying?" Asked Twilight. The monstrously tall beast turned to face us, revealing a surprising amount of hair adoring its scaled face.

"How does that thing have a moustache?"

"Well, I don't know." He said, a much less menacing voice coming out than I expected. "I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when this tacky little cloud of purple smoke whisked past me and tore half of my beloved moustache clean off, and now I look simply horrid!" He exclaimed dramatically, falling back into the river and causing a large splash of water to soak us all to the bone.

"Cool. Now I'm wet. Awesome."

"Oh, gimme a break." Rainbow complained, giving the sea creature a glare.

"That's what all this fuss is about?" Asked Applejack, incredulous.

"Why, of course it is!" Cut in Rarity, giving us all looks of disbelief. "How can you be so insensitive?"

"Maybe because it'll just grow back if he gives it time?" I replied, giving the creature my own set of angry eyeballs, shaking my arms to get the water off of them.

Man, I'm getting tired, I'm wet, it's cold, and now I'm confused on why something with scales has hair. Fucking. Hell. And to think, not too long ago I was happy as can be. Of fucking course that didn't last long, nothing good ever does...

...

I think I need a therapist.

"Oh, just look at him." Rarity continued. "Such lovely luminescent scales-"

"I know." The serpent sniffed out.

"And your expertly coiffed mane-"

"Oh, I know, I know!"

"your fabulous manicure-"

"*Gasp* It's so true!"

"All ruined without your beautiful moustache!" She finished.

"It's true, I'm hideous!" He cried, hiding his face.

"I simply cannot let such a crime against fabulosity go uncorrected!" Rarity declared.

"Fabulosity?" I mouthed, my eyebrows creased in confusion.

With no warning whatsoever, not even asking, she grabbed hold of a scale on the serpent and ripped it off. Rather cleanly, I might add. He cried out in pain at the abrupt violence upon his body.

"Woah!"

"Ow! What did you do that for?"

Instead of an answer, she raised the scale, which reflected the moon off of it, high into the air with her mouth.

"Rarity, what are you-" Twilight tried to ask, only to be interrupted as Rarity sliced off her own tail. This sent the serpent into some form of hysteria, where he 'fainted' onto the ground. Grabbing her tail nonchalantly wither her magic, Rarity connected what was previously her tail hair and the stump on the serpents face, making a new mustache. Once he had noticed it, he practically leapt for joy.

"Oh-hohohoho! My mustache! How wonderful!" He marveled at his newest addition of facial hair.

"You look smashing." Rarity commented with a smile.

"Oh Rarity, your tail..." Twilight moaned out to her friend.

"Oh, it's fine my dear. Short tails are in the season. Besides, it'll grow back." Rarity replied, her voice a less confident near the end.

"So would-"

"- the mustache."

Rainbow and I look at each other for a moment. Then, without saying a word, we both smirked and turned away.

That was nice.

"We can cross now!" Stated Twilight, letting me notice that, Indeed, she was right. The previously rapid river was now calm and still. She started forwards, only to be lifted up into the air. The serpent from just seconds ago appeared, extending his body across the river.

"Allow me."

Thanks to that serpent, we crossed rather easily. Something I hadn't noticed at the time was a disturbance in the shrubbery. It bristled for a moment and then quickly flew away.


We were on our way to the castle, which was personally something I was looking forward to. I never got to see an actual castle up close before, so this would be a first. However, that brought an important thought to the forefront of my thought's.

"Hey guys, you mind if I ask you something?" I asked

"You just did silly!" Giggled Pinkie, making me roll my eyes.

"Well you mind if I ask two things?"

"Go ahead Patrick." Said Twilight, not turning back towards me.

"When we met up with that serpent guy, whatever he was, he mentioned a purple mist. Have any of you seen something similar around here?"

"Actually, now that you mention it, I saw something in the sky just above the tree's just after Nightmare Moon left." Said Rainbow.

"And I saw something in the woods... I think." Said Fluttershy, although very quietly.

"Yeah, I thought so. I saw something like that myself just after that Manticore showed up. I feel like that should be concerning."

"It's Nightmare Moon. I bet she's the one who's been causing all these problems!" Twilight declared, still moving forwards.

"So, besides that little revelation, can we actually do anything about it?"

"Well, Ah'd reckon we just get to the elements first." Applejack spoke, scanning her surroundings.

"That seems like the best-"

"There it is! The ruins that holds the Elements of Harmony! We made it!" Twilight cried out, a huge smile adorning her face. Hmm, wait, I think it's called a muzzle.

"Twilight, wait for us!" Shouted Applejack to the now sprinting form of Twilight.

"Fucking hell!" I cursed before sprinting after her, managing to catch her right as she almost fell into a chasm.

"You know Twilight, I get your excited, but a little more caution than that would be appreciated." I scolded her, getting rewarded with an embarrassed look. I gently placed her down, noticing the rest of the gang next to us.

"What's with you and falling off cliffs today?" Asked Rainbow teasingly.

"Seriously."

I stood up to my max height, looking around the massive splinter in the earth for some sign of another bridge, to no avail.

"It doesn't look like there's any other way across."

"Uh, hello? Remember these?" Spoke Rainbow, flying in front of me and showing off her wings.

"In all honesty, I forgot you could fly."

"Well don't you girls worry, I got this!" She quickly dove down into the mist flooding the canyon and returned with a rope in her mouth, carrying the bridge with her.

"Did I just get excluded?"

"I'm sure she didn't mean to Patrick."

"Yeah, well, I still feel slightly offended. Hey, what's that?" I asked, pointing to where Rainbow was on the other side.

"What? Did you see something?" Asked Twilight, trying to see for herself.

"It kinda looked like... a mist of some sort. Yeah, definitely that mist we were just talking about."

"The mist?!"

"Yup, and there are definitely people over there now. Hold, I got it." I said, taking a deep breath.

"OI RAINBOW!" I shouted, causing both the girls next to me and Rainbow to jump.

"WATCH OUT OVER THERE! WE THINK THERE MIGHT BE SOME SHADY SHIT GOING DOWN!"

Without warning the fog around us closed in between the two side of the bridge. Just for a brief moment though, I could have sworn I saw something looking at me. It kinda looked like a... glare.

"Huh. Hope she's okay. Ah, what am I sayin', she'll be fine."

"It must be Nightmare Moon! She's trying to stop Rainbow from fixing the bridge!" Twilight shouted in fear.

"Uh-huh, sounds about right."

The girls continued to chatter amongst themselves, while I zoned out of the conversation. They were worrying over Rainbow and her well being, but honestly, I'm pretty sure she was fine. I mean, nothing else that's happened so far has ended badly. It's not like hers was gonna be the first.

Then, who to come through the fog but the main mare herself, Rainbow Dash. See, what'd I tell ya? Nothing gonna go wrong today.

"See? I'd never leave my friends hangin'." She proudly stated as we walked along the old bridge.

"Even me?" I asked, a half-smirk on my face.

"Even you big guy. Thanks for the warning by the way." She replied, flying over and lightly smacking my shoulder.

"Oh, sure, no problem." I said.

We continued onwards to the castle, though along the way I saw multiple sightings of the purple mist. The thing is, it wasn't hiding. At least, not from me. It didn't seem to like when I incurred about the background of Nightmare Moon either.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the big baddy herself.

Thanks to Twilight, I now know the story behind our villain. She was the sister to some lady who brought out the sun, only about a thousand years ago she turned evil because no one appreciated her work or something. I mean, don't get me wrong, if I stayed up all night just to watch over people and bring them the best night I could, then yeah, I'd be pretty pissed if no one appreciated me. But evil? I don't know. I'd probably just leave them to their own devices and see how they like it. A strange feeling did come about when she went over the story however. Something about felt... familiar.

Backing up into reality, we were at the entrance to a chamber of some sorts. We had just arrived and for some reason, kinda froze. I decided to take up the reigns of the awkwardness.

"Well guys... we did it. We survived this asshole of a forest, and I wasn't even there for half of it. I've gotta say, so far, its been pretty interesting and I can't say in confidence that it was good or bad. What I can say, is that I wouldn't rather possibly almost die with any other group of people. Now, who's ready to stop some eternal night, eh?" In response to my little speech they cheered, much more than I expected them to.

God, I wish I had friends like these guys.

Turing around, I grasped the two handles and pushed forward, moving the heavy doors our of the way and revealing a chamber, spartan except for a pedestal in the middle, holding up multiple orbs. We walked in with smiles on our faces, but...

"Uh... what do we do now?" I asked awkwardly, gesturing with my hands.

"The Elements of Harmony! We found them!"

"Oh, that's what they were."

They all quickly removed their own ball from the pedestal, but there was something wrong... well, apparently there was. I didn't really remember how many elements there were.

"One, Two, Three, Four... there's only Five!" Pointed out Pinkie.

"I'm assuming there's supposed to be six?" I asked, looking towards Twilight.

"The book said: When the Five are present, a spark will cause the sixth Element to be revealed."

"What in the hay is that supposed to mean?"

As the girls talked amongst themselves I got a look at these 'Elements' that were so important. Honestly, they looked like a bunch of really old spherical rocks. There were some symbols on them that I assumed meant something, but other than that they looked pretty plain.

"Kind of anticlimactic, really. Just seems to be a bunch of dusty old balls. Heh. I'm immature."

Jesus, really? I thought that was funny? Fucking hell, my sense of humor has fallen.

Unbeknownst to me the rest of the girls had left the room, meaning I was alone in the room with Twilight. Taking a glance at her, noting her concentrated face, I noticed a swarm of very familiar mist.

"Uh, hey Twilight? Is that you doing this?" I asked, gesturing to the now floating orbs surrounded by a small vortex.

"Huh?" She opened her eyes, then gasped in surprise. "The Elements!" Then, she jumped into the Damm vortex herself. I, trying to save what was left of my man card after that Manticore incident, leapt after her.

"Twilight!"

*VOOSH*


*VOOSH*

"OOF"

"OW, Shit!"

I, somehow, landed on my back after...that.

Seriously, whatever that was can go fuck itself and then bleach the hole.

Opening my eyes I noticed that we weren't where we were two seconds ago. Taking noticed of our surroundings, I noticed Twilight was right next to me as well as another presence in the room, except that one was laughing. I stood up, albeit on some shaky legs, and grabbed the wall for whatever support it could give me. That's when I noticed... her.

"So, Twilight... I'm assuming this is-?"

"N-Nightmare Moon." She finished for me, glancing fearfully at the mare before us.

"Awesome." I sighed heavily, keeping an eye on her advancing form.

"Indeed I am. But what Interests me, is who and what you are, you delectable creature." Said Nightmare Moon, her much-more-intimidating-than-some-purple-smoke form sauntering over to us with grace.

This mare was dark as the night we were in, with a mane as brilliant and vibrant as the stars in the sky. Ornate Armor covered her, though not nearly enough to be useful. What was most eye catching about her, though, was her face. It bore a confident smirk that showed off her fangs with chilling reptile-like eyes and a horn that would undoubtedly be able to skewer me like a goddam pig. Or fish.

"My, my, hasn't anypony told you it's rude to stare?" She said, her horn glowing. Before I knew what was happening I was being pulled towards her, until I was only inches away from her face. She looked all around my body with her piercing eyes.

"Quite interesting. Obviously a mammal of some sorts, possibly related to minotaur's. A deformed minotaur perhaps? Maybe. It would explain the lack of fur." She continued to examine me, speaking to herself as she paced around me.

"You know," I spoke up, catching her attention. "You could just ask. Now whether that's asking my name or if you could hold even tighter, well, that's up to you." I finished, sending a wink her way, along with (what I hoped was) a charming smile. Judging from her face, it seemed to work.

"Oh my, Nopony has said such things to me in a millennia. Please, continue."

Holy hell, this is actually working?! Why didn't this shit work at home?!

"Uh... well, for starters, you have beautiful eyes. I mean, I could look at them all throughout the day."

"Oh? And why not the night?" She stopped pacing for a moment, glancing at me out of the corner of her eye.

"Because then I would miss all of your hard work in the sky." I said, hoping that shot in the dark wouldn't kill me.

"Yes!" She screamed, which would have made me jump if I wasn't stuck in mid air. "Finally, somepony get's it! I put all this effort and loving devotion into it, and what do they do? They sleep through it! Why can't they sleep through the day?! It's even longer! It's not like one would miss much anyways! Why, I can name a thousand activities that are much more enjoyable at night! For starters-"

While she was on her rant, I noticed Twilight had sneaked away. Possibly to gather the others and such.

Good. I don't know how long she'll have interest in me. I tuned back in, just to make sure I knew where she was at.

"... and spelunking! That has always been more daring and adventurous at night! Another-"

"Uh, Miss Moon?" I asked as polite as possible, already grimacing for her reaction.

"WHAT?!" She rounded on me, shouting very loudly right in my face.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but I must ask you something. If you'd allow." I asked kindly, watching her wind down from her rant.

"My... sincerest apologies, my dear. I did not mean to scare you. It's just... it's been difficult. Seeing other ponies again. Being reminded of why I had not been there to rule them for a thousand years." She let go of her magical hold on me and walked a few steps away, not looking at me.

Seems I can't even ask a question. Also, my dear?

"Yes, I've heard of the tale. I must say I'm... sad to hear about it." I said, sincerely. I wondered if they ever thought to talk it out.

"Yes, it is a sorrowful tale... but you!" She turned around, quickly closing the gap between up. "You remind me of why I do this. Of why I fight against Celestia's tyrannical reign! She holds the power of the sun within her and forces it unto her precious ponies. They deem it necessary to worship her as a god for it, else they be smitten by her wrath. But that is not how I shall rule!"

"Wait, you plan to have eternal night, correct?" I asked, gears turning in my head.

"Yes. It is what this world needs!" She answered, flinging her hoof out towards the stars.

"Just night time every hour of every day?"

She nodded in confirmation.

"Then, and please don't take this the wrong way, but... how is that any different than what Celestia is doing?"

She was silent for a moment, facing away from me. Then, with her head raised and her horn glowing, she turned towards me. Her face was... glowing. Her eyes specifically. And she was crying.

Oh boy. This is not good.

"Why... why would you ever make that comparison?!" She screamed at me, her voice amplified and now showing anguish across her face.

"Uh..."

"Well?! Do you have nothing to say?!" She screamed again, this time forcing me back first into a wall.

"Ah! Fuck!" She closed the gap between us again, slowly inching her face closer to mine.

"I thought I could trust in you! I thought I could confide In you! I thought you had seen my ways, but clearly I was wrong! I thought... I thought..." She said, her voice growing weaker with every statement.

"You...ungh...thought... what?" I managed to get out, struggling to breathe.

"I... I thought I could love you." She finished quietly, her tear stricken eyes staring into mine.

What the fuck is going on right now?! She literally just met me! Wait! Wait! Maybe... maybe I can save myself with this!

I thought quickly about my response, weighing my options, before deciding to go with the easiest and most likely to save my ass.

"You... you can."

"How?! How can I love you if you don't even support my ideals?! If you don't even support me?!" She asked intensely, yet again staring into my soul.

"I do, I do! I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. It was wrong of me to think that." I struggled to get out, her magic hold lessening on me.

"You... you're sorry?" She asked hesitantly.

"Yes. I am very, very sorry. I won't ever bring her up again."

"You won't?"

"No."

"Hmmph. *Sniff* Very well. I'm sorry I had to do that my dearest, but... some things should not be said. Might you forgive me?" She asked, giving what was without a doubt some of the most disturbingly adorable puppy eyes.

"Yeah. Absolutely. Can I get down now?" I asked, being very uncomfortable not being on my own two feet.

"Oh yes. Sorry." She giggled, which did sound adorable. It didn't help that she was literally holding me against a wall and forcing me to proclaim my love for her though. That made it less adorable and more psychotic. Still a bit attractive though, and I say that because of my low standards.

"Hehe. It's fine." I said, rubbing my throat.

Good fucking Christ, this chick's insane.

"Good. Now, let us get down to business! We have a world to save!"

"Not so fast, Nightmare Moon!"

Oh good, the cavalry's here.

Twilight and friends were at a raised platform, where the Element balls were put by Moony over here. They were all standing outside of the circle the balls made, and despite their importance, I don't think Nightmare noticed.

"Oh.. it's you. Attempting a daring rescue for your friend, or attempting to defeat me? Both are laughably misguided and bound to fail." Nightmare taunted, a smug smile on her lips.

Instead of saying anything, Twilight simply lit up her horn and surrounded all the balls. Noticing, Nightmare quickly turned into a smoke tornado or some shit like that and dove directly at the girls. They noticed, thankfully, and got out of the way. However, something happened. Or should I say, a lack of something happened.

"But... where's the sixth element?!" Cried Twilight, watching in fear as Nightmare Moon smashed her hooves into the ground, shattering the orbs into crystals (?).

How's that work? Were they made of crystal or stone? Was there crystal inside them? This place makes no dammed sense!

"You little foals! Thinking you could defeat me? Now you will never see your Princess, or your sun ever again! The night, will last, forever!" She let loose some maniacal laughter after that. Just, letting loose.

Shit. Am I supposed to laugh too, or is that just her thing?

"Well my dear? This your victory too. Come, laugh. Laugh at the pathetic display they have put on for us!" The girls, hearing this, all turn to me with shock and awe apparent on their faces.

Ah shit. Don't hate me for this guys. Time to put my acting skills to use.

"I'm afraid she's right, ponies." I started, standing as tall as I could and fixing them with a judgmental stare. "This meaningless display has done nothing but embarrass you! Now, for the sake of your own selves, do not attempt to repeat it!" I thought my performance wasn't too bad. Judging by their faces, it was good enough.

"B-but..."

"But what? Surely you didn't think this going to work, did you? Even if you did somehow manage to find the Sixth Element, I doubt it would do you much good, because from what I'm seeing, you all lack the will to use them!"

I think I laid it on a bit too thick...

Making sure Nightmare couldn't see my face, I stole a glance at Twilight and gave her devastated face a wink and an eyebrow raise, looking to the rest of the girls for reference. She seemed very confused.

Gods above, below, and in between, please get the fucking message Twilight!

"Precisely, now, let us get on with-"

"You're wrong!" Cried Twilight, standing up. I could see little tear marks on her fur.

Aw, man... now I feel like even more of an asshole...

"Oh?" Nightmare said, turning to face them. "Am I now?"

"Yes, you are! If you think you can destroy the Elements of Harmony just like that, then your wrong! Because the spirits of the Elements of Harmony... are right here!" As she said that the crystals remnants of the Orbs floated upwards, all in different colors.

"What?!" Nightmare Moon asked in shock. I was right there with her, shock across my face.

Twilight then went on to list each of the girls and how they represented specific elements. Applejack was Honesty, Fluttershy was kindness, Pinkie Pie was laughter, Rarity was generosity, and Rainbow dash was loyalty. Then...

"The spirits of these five ponies got us through every challenge you threw at us!"

"You-You still don't have the sixth Element!" Nightmare spoke, her eyes going to and fro. "The Spark didn't work!"

"But it did. A different kind of spark!" She turned to face her friends who each had crystals floating around them. "I felt it the very moment I realized how happy I was to hear you, to see you. How much I cared about you. The spark ignited inside me when I realized that you all... are my friends!" Then, just like magic, a spark appeared in the air and revealed what I hoped to be the sixth Element. It floated down until it hovered over where Twilight was. The light it brought was enough to cause both Nightmare and I to shield our faces.

I really hope I didn't kick myself out of that friend group she was talking about

"You see Nightmare Moon, when those Elements are ignited by the, uh, the Spark that resides in the heart of us all, it creates the sixth element. The element of... Magic!"

A blinding ball of light appeared around them, which led to a massive rainbow getting shot out of it and heading straight for Moon and I. I knew I couldn't evade or escape this and so did Nightmare. We both looked to each other. Then, she stood up slightly on her hind legs and wrapped her front hooves around my neck. Then, she looked me dead in the eyes and said...

"I love you."

"I know."

Then, as our faces mashed together, the rainbow engulfed us. The light was blinding and before long, I was out.


This has got to be the most emotionally confusing day of my life. But, it's one I'm proud to say I'll keep in my memories. Till death do us part, I suppose.






I really hope this was all a dream. I have no idea what's gonna happen if it isn't, and honestly, that scares the everlasting fuck out of me.

Author's Note:

Here you go. Last introductionary chapter. Hope you liked it so far.