• Published 17th Dec 2018
  • 979 Views, 45 Comments

My Little Mages: Amicitiae Tempestate - Foxhelm



With the Nightstalker gone, and the Pillars of Legend free, and the Summer Sun Celebration, what better time for a national festival. However, not everything goes according to plan. A My Little Mages retelling of My Little Pony the Movie (2017)

  • ...
5
 45
 979

Time to Be Awesome

Author's Note:

Song used

Twenty minutes later, still in Klugetown, Flash dragged the fishman that Capper duped and Tempest threaten, “It’s the old rundown windmill!” The fish pleaded, “Please don’t let him kill me.” He whined as he reached out to Gabby.

Gabby turned to Flash, “I think we got all we can get out of him.” She surmised. Flash released the fish and headed to Capper’s home as fast as he could with Gabby in tow. After about ten minutes they arrived at Capper’s home and saw the still groaning goons of Verko. Flash just walked by them into the windmill. Gabby was much more hesitant as she walked into what was Capper’s aboard. “What’s that smell?” She asked as she tried to cover her mouth.

“Something Magnus drilled into the ESM after his return. The books and legends don’t mention it, that all the muscles relax after death.” Flash said, mostly ignoring the elephant in the room, something that made Gabby vomit. All the while Flash continued to look around the apartment for some clue to find where Twilight was heading until he saw the book Twilight used. “Always trust a librarian to follow proper library etiquette.” As he took the book he noticed a page marker. He opened the book to that page and saw the rendering of Mount Aris with stylized winged humans around it. “Mount Aris is where we’re going.” He said as he shut the book and the placed it back on the shelf.

As he was about to leave, “Wait, what about…?” Gabby started to ask as she pointed to what Flash had ignored for the most part.

“Leave him for the local law enforcement,” Flash said and flew on ahead. Gabby followed both reluctant about not doing anything and relieved to be out of there.

About fifteen minutes later they arrived back at Twilight’s skyboat, with Sunburst, Trixie and Stygian casting the stone to flesh spell to set Starlight free from her petrified state. “Once Starlight is free, we’re heading south to Mount Aris.” Flash declared as he headed to the steering wheel to plot the route to their destination.

Gilda saw a shaking Gabby, “That bad, huh?” she asked while she walked over to her usually an ultra-cheerful friend.

“I’d rather just forget about it,” Gabby said while she looked down at the deck.


About half an hour later, back on the ship Twilight et al secretly boarded, the seven were still hiding as Applejack and Rainbow watched the beings that crewed the ship. The crew was made of anthropomorphic parrots, three had mostly green plumage, one had an eyepatch, one had a stub for a right hand, and the third had a metal upper beak. There was a forth parrot that had pink as the main color of feathers. All of them were dressed in grayish blue one-piece docker suits and seemed to be all moving boxes as if they were conducting an inventory. “They’re gonna find us sooner or later, Twilight.” Applejack told the others, “Should we just... ask 'em to take us to Mt. Aris?” she asked as turned to Twilight.

Twilight shook her head, “Last time we trusted somebody, he tried to sell us!” Twilight pointed out the most recent run-in. Just then a crate was moved by the parrot with a stub for his right hand. The girls gasped.

“Hey, Lix, Mullet, Murdock!” the stubbed hand parrot said. “Come check this out!” he called attention to.

The one with the eyepatch, “Looks like a pack of stowaways.” he said as he and the others joined with the stubbed hand parrot.

The pink one then spoke, “What are we s'posed to do with 'em?” revealing that she was female. The one with the metallic upper beak then squawked with a chuckle. “Amen to that Murdock.” the female nodded with her own chuckle. “So what do you say, Boyle?”

The recently identified Boyle looked towards Applejack, “I think we tie 'em up! You Lix?” Applejack was about to draw her sword.

The pink one, the recently identified Lix then squawked “I say we break their limbs.” This caused Rainbow to reach for his bow. “You, Mullet?” she said to the one with the eye patch.

“Scar’em…” the recently identified Mullet said as she looked to Rarity only for her to yelp in disgust. “...emotionally!” he finished as he shifted his gaze to Fluttershy only for the young woman to bury her face in her hair and sob. Just then Murdock squawked. The others turned to him, “You’re right, Murdock.” Mullet said as he turned to look to the stern and the steering wheel. “What say the book, Captain?” he asked. The four stepped to the side as the sound of wooden peg leg was heard walking.

Spike stepped in front of the others and began to huff out smoke. All the while another female parrot walked to them. However, her main plumage was white. In her hands was a fairly large book with the same symbol on their uniform, the logo of the Storm King. She opened the black tome. She looked through the tome for a second, “His highest, the Lord of Rain and High Winds, the King of Storms, has wrote ‘Stowaways are to thrown overboard.’.” She paused as she closed the book. “And I, Captain Celaeno of the Rainbow Parrot, in accordance with the Storm King’s laws, sentence these stowaways to be thrown overboard.” Just then Applejack, Rainbow, Spike, and Twilight were grabbed first. All the parrots started to chuckle until a whistle on the boat blew. “LUNCHTIME!!!” Celaeno shouted at the top of her lungs.

Before the seven stowaways knew it everyone was in the ship’s mess hall with plates full of slop in front of them and the crew. The crew started to eat as if nothing had happened. Applejack and Spike shrugged and started to eat the meal presented to them, Spike, however, ‘cooked’ his a little more. Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Rarity just looked blankly at their meals. Twilight was utterly befuddled at the current state, but before she could ask, “Whoa whoa whoa! So you were about to toss us overboard and you stopped for a lunch break?” Rainbow asked. Twilight realized that this was not the time or place to question and so she scowled at Rainbow.

Boyle placed his spoon down as he turned to Twilight, “Storm King only allows one break a day for meals, then it's back to hauling goods.” he informed and returned to his meal.

After Spike finished his roasted slop, he looked around at the crew, “So you're just delivery guys?”

Celaeno sigh as she pulled at her uniform, “Yeah, these uniforms aren't exactly doing us any favors.”

Twilight thought for a moment, she doubted that she could convince them to deliver them to Mount Aris, but perhaps there was a workaround, “Say is it possible for you to throw us overboard at Mount Aris?” She asked while batting her eyes with a smile.

Celaeno shook her head as she held up the tome, “Sorry. We do what the Storm King orders or we suffer his wrath.” she answered which caused Twilight to groan.

“Why?” Applejack asked as she finished the meal offered.

“It’s a long story,” Lix answered with a sigh.

“Hey Fluttershy, still got Rarity’s Memory projection gem?” Applejack asked before she got up. Fluttershy tossed it over to her. “Thank you, Sugarcube.”

Applejack then stepped to be on the table and drew her sword, she pierced the table with the tip and mounted the gem on the hilt. “This should shorten the telling by showing if yall are okay with it.” The five parrots all looked at each other and after a few seconds, they all silently agreed with shrugged shoulders. “This might not be pretty.” Soon all five of the parrot’s eyes started to glow as did the gem and then from the gem came a projection.


Celaeno and her present crew plus over two dozen or more parrots boarded a skyboat with the insignia of The Storm King. All of them were dressed as what most would expect pirates to be dressed, some armed with sabers and cutlasses, others had pistols. Celaeno herself had a large cylindrical gem replacing her lower right leg in lieu of the usual wooden one. One of the beastmen that maned the ship shouted, “SKY PIRATES!”

“Not just any Sky Pirates, It’s the RAINBOW PARROTS!!!” Another shouted. The two on the deck looked at each other. The second one raised his hand and held up his finger,“ According to the Storm King’s law, a ship and its cargo should be defended until all crewmen are overboard or dead.”

“Overboard?” The first beastman asked before he looked around the deck and noted that he and his crewmate were surrounded, outnumbered, unarmed and pretty much at the mercy of the pirates “Nevermind.” He whispered as Celaeno lowered her blade with a smirk on her face. “Let us get our parachutes and the ship and it’s cargo is all yours.”

Celaeno lowered her blade and turned to her crew, “What say you, crew? Let them live?” she asked.

“What’s the cargo?” Mullet asked on behave of the crew.

The beastmen looked at each other, “Paste for mounting wallpaper and sandbags.” the second one answered.

As the parrots looked at each other, “You can fetch at least 500 storm bucks in Klugetown. That place needs all the fixing-up it can get.” the first beastman pointed out.

“YARRR!!!” all but Celaeno shouted in agreement.

Celaeno tipped her hat, “Well looks like you both get to live. Get your parachutes and take your long walk.” she said. The two bolted, grabbed a set of parachutes and jumped overboard. As a few members of the crew took over the ship and turned it towards Klugetown, the rest including Celaeno went back to the ship they boarded from. Celaeno and Mullet leaned against the railing looking off the port side. “Not a bad haul, eh, Captain?” Mullet said. Celaeno nodded. “We’re a fine crew, surely there’s never been a finer band of pirates.” Mullet continued as the two glanced over to look at the crew, all of them dinged up, missing something, scared, branded, etc. “We might not be in the best of shape, but we ain’t broken yet.”

Celaeno shook her head, “We ain’t just a crew, Mullet,” she said, “We’re family.” She then placed her hands on the ship. “And this is our home.”

Mullet nodded as he leaned against the mast, “Maybe, but our home needs repairs and we need to restock.” Mullet then sighed, “To keep flying we need to bag more than paste and sand. 500 storm bucks won’t last long.”

Celaeno nodded and then looked to the sky, “I can’t argue, scraping by just raiding these lone cargo haulers isn’t gonna last us long.” She then left the port side and headed to the steering wheel.

“We could go after bigger ships. Follow the more establish trade routes, find richer targets.” Mullet pointed out.

Celaeno nodded but stopped in her walk, “But those greater rewards only come with taking on greater risks, putting us all into greater danger.” She turned around to face Mullet, “We’ve lasted this long because we don’t go after those larger ships.” She then looked down to her gem peg leg. “We’ve had our run-ins with The Storm King when my mother was captain.” She then looked back up to Mullet who had placed his hand over his missing right eye. “I will not put my family in danger.” She said as she turned to her left and looked towards the sun.

Mullet shrugged his shoulders, “True, but it’s not like a better option is gonna fall out of the sky.” he joked.

Just as a bolt of lightning struck the ship but there was no burn mark, just a bottle full of lime green smoke. “Well talk about catching lightning in a bottle.” one of the crew members joked.

Celaeno picked up the bottle, “More like a message.” she surmised before she popped open the cork.

The green mist then exited to show what looked like a skull-shaped black cloud with arms and eyes. “Captain Celaeno, I hope. My name is Strife, right-hand to the Storm King. You, your crew, and your whole fleet of you parrot pirates have been a thorn in the side of his grace for quite some time.” Strife started as if he was about to make a declaration of war. “And I wish to help.” he finished with some semblance of cheer. “Here’s my proposition.” He then held up a map with an X in between two pecks. “The Storm King is about to raid the capital of Abyssinia, the great city of Panthera. On his way back to his base, because his main ships will be loaded to the hull with Abyssinian treasure, his primary fleet will have to travel through this path. I can ensure you that the lookouts will not be watching. Of course, the choice is yours and you’ll want to make sure everyone is on board, but don’t take too much time to decide. The Storm King will launch the raid in five days. You have until the sixth night from now to be there. Just pour some water into the bottle when you have made your choice to attack, wine if not.”

Once Strife’s message ended, “Do you hear that?” one of the crew shouted.

“Yeah a real haul!” another shouted. Murdock then squawked in excitement.

“Hold your feathers!” Celaeno shouted and every bird turned to her. “This is a risky venture, even if we have the whole fleet it could result in every bird being killed.” Everyone dipped their heads for a second but then rose them each with a glimmer in their eye, ready for the challenge. Celaeno could not miss that. She shut her eyes for a second. “Boyle!” she shouted as she opened her eyes.

“Yes, Captain,” Boyle said as he saluted with his hook.

“Release the red wings, it’s time for the fleet to get together,” Celaeno said as she walked towards the bow of the ship.

“For the raid?” Boyle asked as he wasn’t sure if Celaeno agreed to the raid.

“No, a Fleet Vote.” Celaeno clarified as she turned back to look at the crew. “Every bird will be needed and every ship.” she pointed out. “However, I don’t want to do this. It could be a trap.” she expressed her concerns. She stopped and took a breath, “But this is not a matter that the captain alone can decide. Every bird must decide if they wish to do this.” she finished as she turned back to look off of the ship’s bow.

“Aye, Captain,” Boyle said as he ran over to a large bird cage on the ship. In the cage were a small flock of hawks with wings of red colored feathers. He opened the cage and the hawks flew off each heading in different directions.

Hours later as the sun was setting, a small fleet of skyboats had roped themselves together. All the ships’ crews were on Celaeno’s ship and Celaeno had just finished describing Strife’s offer. “Now the only way to accomplish this raid, be it a trap or not, is for us all to be there. Now comes the vote. Each of you has a black pebble and a white one. Place the black one in the jar if no. White if yet.” Celaeno walked over to the jar and opened the lid. One by one the parrots each placed their white pebble until it was finally it was Celaeno’s turn. “The crews have spoken,” she said as she closed the jar without putting either of her pebbles in.

Days and nights later just as the entire fleet of the Celaeno’s pirates waited to spring their trap on the Storm King, Celaeno looked on at the gathered ships from her ship. She didn’t say anything, knowing that Mullet, who was at the helm, would steer the ship so that it would stealthily approach the Storm King’s main fleet, as would every other helmsman on the other ships. About a few minutes later as the first of the Storm King’s fleet was about to enter the path, Celaeno turned to her crew who would board the ships. “Remember the plan, pick a ship, hijack and make to the rendezvous point. I’d rather have a full crew back home then ships full of all the money in the world and no one to share them with,” she said calmly as she walked among the crew. “So stay sharp.”

As the Storm King’s fleet came fully into the path, Celaeno sent out a falcon with black wings, signaling to the other pirate ships to spring their trap. Within minutes they had started their assault, seizing several of the ships, binding and sending the beastmen crew adrift in one lifeboat per ship. Back on Celaeno’s ship, the captain grinned as she watched the Storm King’s prized main fleet scatter in confusion. “Mullet!” she shouted as she turned to the steering wheel, “Take us to the flagship, we have a passenger to pick up!”

After arriving at the port side of the Storm King’s flagship, a handful of the pirates managed to swing over with Strife making a mad dash to reach their ship. From the flagship, the Storm King roared, “YOU CAN’T DO THIS!”

“I ready have, your grace.” Strife mocked as he managed to get on board. Strife then turned to Celaeno, “Oh, Captain, my captain, you’re timing is impeccable.” he said with a slight bow, or rather a nod. “Shall we disembark?” he asked.

“Mullet, take us away,” Celaeno ordered. “We got to get as far away as possible. We can’t let that the Storm King’s flagship overtake us! Full Speed!” she emphasized as she walked towards her guest. Every other bird went to the posts to get the ship going as fast as possible.

Strife looked back to the ship he left from, “You don’t need to worry, captain. I personally saw to the ship’s sabotage before your attack. The Storm King will not be able to give chase. We’re safe.” he said as the pirate fleet sailed off.

About an hour or so later, as the crew was celebrating the haul, some tossing the gold coins, while others were trying to swim in the piles of bounty, all was blissful. Celaeno looked to Strife, “Looks like your plan worked out well for my crew, this is the biggest haul we ever had.”

“I’m glad you trusted my plan and that I could trust you with the plan.” Strife said with a nod and smile. “I understand that you were worried about the risks, but with how everything has played out, no one can argue it’s paid off.” He continued as the two walked, well hover in Strife’s case, on the deck during the celebration.

“Cap’n!” a member of Celaeno’s crew shouted as he rushed over with an item covered in a white cloth in his hand. “Take a look at this,” he asked as Celaeno turned and he revealed the Misfortune Malachite.

Celaeno whistled at the sight of the gem, “That’s a beauty.” she commented.

“Well, well, looks like The Storm King couldn’t keep it after all.” Strife said as he hovered to look at the gem. As Celaeno turned to look at him and just before she could question. “The Misfortune Malachite.” he identified the gem. “The Abyssinians believe that it contains great power but will bring ruin to those that don’t have the right to use it. The Storm King desired it, now it’s yours to do with as you please.”

Celaeno looked back to the gemstone, and then to her crew, “Mullet take us to Lix’s ship. We’re gonna empty it, then have it turned around and sent towards Abyssinia. Make sure it crashes where it can be found.” she ordered as she wrapped the gem in the white cloth again and headed to the other side of the ship.

“WHAT?!” Strife asked in utter disbelief as he hovered behind her.

As Celaeno walked, “I didn’t trust magic before and if the tale is true, I ain't risking it on my family.” Strife could only sigh and accept Celaeno’s order. Within a minute Mullet had gotten the ship to go alongside the one Lix was at the helm of. Celaeno and Strife swung/leaped over, “Ahoy, Lix!” Celaeno declared as she made her presence known.

“Ahoy, Captain,” Lix replied. “Only two things to report.” she continued not leaving her post or missing a beat. “Clear skies ahead and heard some scratching from below decks earlier. Rats, I reckon.”

“Rats, ugh. It’s always something…” Celaeno groaned as she opened the hatch. Chummer then roared at her as he had revealed himself and Capper. “D-Don’t come any closer! I’ll knock yer light’s out.” Chummer challenged, even though the pirate was holding him up by the scruff of his neck.

“What in the sky is happening here?” Celaeno asked as she looked around to her crew present and the two cats.
Strife then floated over, “Looks to me, Captain, that what you have here are a couple of Abyssinians that stowed away on the Storm King’s flagship and then this ship after the attack on their home.”

Celaeno looked Chummer in the eye, “Well, I’ve no use for stowaways” She started with a slight avail growl, but then soften as she let Chummer back to his feet. “But we can always use crewmates.” The two cats nodded to accept the implied offer. “Good kitties. Now hop to manning the wheel and get this to the front of the fleet!” she ordered. The two nodded and headed to ship’s steering wheel.

“Why are letting them stay?” Strife asked as he turned to Celaeno.

“Those kids are far from home with only each other, and no one else to look after them. They could use some friends.” Celaeno answered with just a smile.

Strife was utterly befuddled at that, “But they are not your…” then, as the two cats reached the wheel, there was sudden darkness as the sky was covered by storm clouds. “What is this darkness?” Strife panicked.

“A storm?” Celaeno asked before she was answered with a flash of lightning as the Storm King’s flagship appeared. “No, The Storm King.” she corrected herself in fright before Strife could as he was still in a panic. Swiftly she, Lix and Strife then left to get on her flagship, just as the rest of his fleet arrived and fired arching cables into the hulls Celaeno’s ships. The rest of the Storm King’s fleet was able to board and siege the rest of her own as they were escaping. “MULLET, GET US OUT OF HERE!!!” she shouted. Just then her ship was struck by an anchoring cable in the rudder and then again in the hull of the flagship. “Blast!” she cursed just before it started being pulled towards the attacking ship. Within in a handful of seconds, the Storm King was able to effortlessly move from his ship onto Celaeno’s ship with his arms crossed behind his back.

The Storm King looked around as Celaeno’s crew drew their weapons, he shook his head with a chuckle before he unfolds his arms. “Considering my boys haven’t plucked and tarred you yet, I can only conclude that you birds aren’t the usual lot my storm guards tend to see up here.” He then raised is his left hand and drew a lightning bolt from the sky. It crashed it his palm before being sent through to his right hand, sending a series of bolts out that shocked the crew and forced them to drop to their knees. He then turned his attention to Strife as his soldiers, including Grubber, boarded. The Storm King stroke his chin, “Not the longest-lived escaped, was it?” he asked the sapient cloud. As the boarding crew clasped iron cuffs around the pirates' wrists and ankles with chains attached to iron-balls, Grubber clasped a similar one onto Strife and place his iron-ball on the railing of the ship’s side.

Strife took a second to look around before he responded, “I would have to conclude that 1) you repaired the ship faster than I calculated, 2) I have been replaced and 3) that this marks the end of our relationship.”. The Storm King nodded with that seems to be a blank expression on his face. “I hope that there aren’t any hard feelings?” he asked.
Grubber tapped on the iron ball, “That wouldn’t, thtrictly thpeaking, be true, Thtrife.” Grubber said as he rolled the ball off the railing of the ship, taking Strife with it as he plummeted to his death.

After Strife’s cry was lost to the winds, the Storm King sighed, “I hope you weren’t planning to add him to your crew, I did that once, and we all know how that ended.” he said as if he was having a nice conversation over a spot of tea with Celaeno. “But now to business, Captain Celaeno.” He said as he focused on the female captain. He set her free from her irons, then took a look at her crystal peg-leg before smirking. “I got to commend you, only attacking ships on the very edge of my realm and living off of that. Sooner or later it would have widdled my fleet down to when… Well, I’ll leave that your imagination.” the Storm King seemed to be complementing Celaeno. “Now here’s the deal, you’re the most useful to me as a part of my fleet, as a captain of one of my ships, crewed by a squad of my storm guards of course…” he started his offer.
“I’m not leaving my family.” Celaeno cut him off. “And we’re not hauling your freight,” she added before the Storm King could present the offer.

“Well then…” the Storm King started.

“One of the thipth ith getting away!” Grubber shouted interrupting the king as he pointed out to the ship Capper and Chummer were on. “Thhoot it down!” he ordered on the Storm King’s behest.

As one of the Storm guards prepared to fire one of the pirate’s few cannons, Celaeno ran over and tackled him causing him to miss his chance to hit the ship while it was still in range. Celaeno smiled and had a small laugh. However, it was short lived as she heard the slow clap of one pair of hands. She got up and saw it was the Storm King who was clapping. Once he finished, two storm guards grabbed her by her arms. “Well done, making sure I can’t get them all. You’re a lot better captain than your mother was.”

“Don’t you dare talk about my mother,” Celaeno growled.

The Storm King snickered. “Or what? If you haven't noticed you and your entire crew are chain up and are currently being held down by large hairy, muscular beastmen. Though I suppose for some of you that wouldn’t be any different a usual Friday night, right?” He burst out laughing at his own joke while Celaeno continued to snarl.

“You consider it a compliment, you know.” The Storm King said as he turned back to the captain. “I spent years trying to catch your mother because she wasn’t afraid to cut her loss and abandon her crewmates.” He stood up and gazed about at the armada of pirates that surrounded him. “And last time I checked, her crew was never realistic of yours. That’s the difference between you and her. She was out for herself, you inspire loyalty. In my business loyalty is a very lucrative thing.” He kneeled down and stared up into Celaeno eyes, not unlike he was proposing marriage. “So what do you say we put all those wars of the past behind us, and start getting rich together?”

The only answer he received was the pirate captain spitting in his face. He wiped it off with the back of his hand. “You are definitely Harpie’s daughter.” The Storm King got back to his feet, “Grubber, how many of these pirate ships would we need?” he asked as he turned away from Celaeno.

Grubber took out an abacus and started sliding the stones in it until he had one stone in the top left side separate from the others, “One.” he answered.

Celaeno’s eyes widened in terror as it began to dawn on her what was in the Storm King’s mind. “And how many do we need to manage the one ship?” the Storm King asked.

Grubber started to calculate again, after a few seconds. “Four.”

The Storm King then walked over to the chained crew members. “Two,” he said as he pointed to Mullet as he walked by, “Three,” he said as he pointed to Lix. “Four,” he said as he stopped at Murdock. The bird then squawked. The Storm King gave an unsure look. “Um… five,” he said as he pointed to Boyle. “Well let’s see these birdies fly,” he said as the rest of the crew, still clapped in irons, were thrown overboard.


The projection then ended. Applejack took the memory gem off her hilt and passed to Rarity and put her sword back into her stealth. “Wow… that can’t have been easy on yall,” she said as she walked over to Celaeno and gave her a hug. After a second, Applejack ended the hug. “Ah can’t bring your crew, back, Ah can’t restore what ya lost because of the Storm King. But if my suspensions based on what we just saw are right, it’s only a matter of time before he throws you overboard too.” Applejack said. She then held out her hand, “But there is a way out, take a chance and help us stop the Storm King, it might mean you could die, but at least you can die free. And if we succeed, on my honor as a paladin, Ah can get you a letter of Mark.” the birds look at Applejack and then looked down, Celaeno the most defeated. “Yall can’t expect to go back to how it was before, I know it means you’ll have to take the knee to the Mystican Princesses, but if don’t you’ll be hauling freight until the Storm King’s done with yah.” Applejack tried to argue. Seeing that she was getting nowhere, she walked over to Rainbow and tapped her on the shoulder.

Rainbow looked to Applejack and there was a second of silence before Rainbow’s lips started to curve as she gave a small dip of her head. Applejack then went back to her seat as Rainbow turned her attention to the parrots. “Look, you birds gotta choice to make,” Rainbow said as she got up and hovered. She flew from her seat to look Celaeno in the eye, “You could let some marauder tell you how to live your lives, or…” she then flew to the back of the hall which was only a few feet behind Celaeno. There on the wall was a picture of the Storm King. Rainbow pulled it off of the wall reveal a black flag with a white parrot skull on a set of crossed bones. “...you could be awesome again!” she shouted as she returned to the table to be on the opposite end from Celaeno.

Twilight looked around as if she was starting to hear something. Her eyes then widen as she saw Rainbow take a breath just as Applejack started tapping on the table. “Rainbow Dash, this really isn't a good time for a—” she started but was cut off in less than a beat.

“I know the world can get you down” Rainbow sang as the song in her heart started to express itself.

“—song.” Twilight finished with a groan and facepalmed herself, “it’s not even Musical Thursday.” she muttered under her breath.

“Things don't work out quite the way that you thought
Feeling like all your best days are done
Your fears and doubts are all you've got
But there's a light shining deep inside
Beneath those fears and doubts, so just squash 'em
And let it shine for all the world to see
That it is time, yeah, time to be awesome.” As Rainbow sang she started to walk from the end of the table towards the other. As she sang ‘There’s a light’, she moved her hands which caused her body to glow brighter. She continued to walk on the table, as she said ‘squash ‘em’ she compounded her point by stomping on a wooden mug squashing it. She then flew to the back of the ship and pulled a curtain with the logo of the Storm King and revealed a portrait of the crew before their raid on the Storm King’s main fleet, hinting to what they could be.

Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Spike started to pat on the table as they sang, “Ah, ah, ah-ah, awesome!
It's time to be so awesome!
Ah, ah, ah-ah, awesome!
It's time to be so awesome!” as they sang all but Twilight and Celaeno joined in. Twilight just shook her head, as Celaeno looked from her meal before she threw her spoon at the table.

“You've no idea how hard it's been,
This dull routine we've been forced to do.” Celaeno sang as she threw her dish to the side as she turned to get out of her chair and look at the picture of how she was.

“Don't let them rob you of who you are
Be awesome, it's all up to you” Rainbow hovered to her and gave her the hat she wore. Celaeno accepted it but didn’t put it on yet.

Celaeno looked to her hat and thought back on her life, “I feel the light stirring deep inside
It's like a tale still yet to be told.” she sang as she put the hat back on her head.

“And now it's time to break the shackles free
And start living like the brave and the bold!” Rainbow and Celaeno sang the rest of the crew got up and went to a locker in the room revealing their old gear.

“It's time to be awesome!
Let loose, be true, so awesome!
It's time to be awesome!
Go big, be you, so awesome!” Everyone joined as the parrots put on their old gear and headed to the deck.

“We used to soar through the clouds in the skies” Mullet sang as he got onto the rigging.

“Elaborate schemes we would love to devise,” Lix sang as she looked at Twilight’s map and made some modifications to show the best course to Mt. Aris.

“We rescued our treasure and stored it away,” Boyle sang as he came up with a chest and have slide along the deck to be in front of Celaeno.

“Saving those gemstones for a rainy day.” Celaeno sang as she opened the chest and showed them to the guest.

“We see that light filling up our skies,” everyone sang as with most noticeable person being Celaeno walking to the very bow of her ship.

“So take the Storm King's orders and toss 'em,” Rainbow sang as she handed Celaeno the Storm King’s rulebook. Celaeno then threw the book as far and as hard as she could.

As everyone watched the book plummet, “'Cause it's the time to let our colors fly”, everyone sang.

Celaeno turned to face her crew and guest and with a massive smile on her face, “Hey, scallywags, it's time to be awesome!” she sang.

“Hey!
Hey!
Hey!
Hey!” Everyone sang after a few beats in between the ‘hey’s. After the last ‘hey’,

Celaeno nodded to her crew as she went to the steering wheel, “Come on! Let's show these land lovers how it's done!” she ordered as the crew as they pulled a set of ropes. This caused the cover on top of the ship’s balloon that kept it afloat and revealed that there were sails of a wide away of colors of the spectrum of visible light. Of the Mysticans, only Twilight, didn’t ‘ooh’ or ‘ah’ at the sight.

Rainbow hovered over to Celaeno and punched her in the upper arm, “Awesome! I knew you had it in ya!” Rainbow then looked in front of her, “And now for the finishing touch!” then bolted to fly and began to build momentum as she continued to fly around the ship.

Everyone seemed to be at a loss of what Rainbow was doing until Pinkie started to chant, “Rainboom! Rainboom! Rainboom!” Twilight’s eyes widen in terror as and before she could protest Rainbow Dash’s mach cone broke as she broke the sound barrier causing a rainboom as she continued to fly laughing all the while as she circled the ship several times in every way before she landed leaving everyone else speechless. While most cheered, Twilight hung her head and shock it.


To the east, Tempest’s ship was flying towards Black Skull Island to the south-east of Klugetown. At the wheel was Grubber as he looked around before he decided to have a slice of cake. As he was about to bit into it, he stopped as he heard a sonic boom. He looked up and saw the rainbow circle made by the Sonic Rainboom around the SS Rainbow Parrot, “HEY! Looka that rainbow! Looka that rainbow! Whoa, that'th so cool!” he shouted as everyone turned to

Tempest was for a second in utter awe of the sight.“Yeah. Of them to alert us. Funny, though.” Tempest then turned to Capper, “They don't seem to be heading to Black Skull Island.”

Capper took a step back, “Like "ha ha" funny or... haha…” he started to nervously laugh.

Grubber then left the steering wheel as Tempest took. He rushed to the ship’s armory and be began to arm the beastmen. While this happened. Capper turned to Tempest. “Ha..ha…” he tried to laugh only to rendered silent with a bemused glance as Tempest piloted her ship to their quarry.


Farther north, at Twilight’s ship, Starlight was free and was vomiting as a side effect of the spell. She looked up from her recent vomit to see the rainboom’s circle. “THERE!” she shouted as she called attention to it.

“We’re coming, Twilight,” Flash whispered to himself as he steered the ship to their target.