• Published 17th Dec 2018
  • 973 Views, 45 Comments

My Little Mages: Amicitiae Tempestate - Foxhelm



With the Nightstalker gone, and the Pillars of Legend free, and the Summer Sun Celebration, what better time for a national festival. However, not everything goes according to plan. A My Little Mages retelling of My Little Pony the Movie (2017)

  • ...
5
 45
 973

Escaping Klugetown

About half an hour later, back in Capper’s apartment, Capper got up from the table in utter disbelief as the others laughed at what seemed to have been a joke, “Stop playin' me! A sonic rainboom?” he asked not believing what he heard. “That's not a real thing!” he declared with near absolute certainty. He then leaned to Spike, “Is that a real thing?” he weakly asked.

Rainbow smirked as she heard the question. She got up from her chair and started to hover, “I'll show ya!” she offered as she was about to take to flight.

Capper placed his paws on her shoulders and more or less forced her feet to the ground. “Naw-naw-naw, I don't need you "sonic rainbooming" up in my place, thank you very much.”

Suddenly he felt his left sleeve be pulled and then saw it was being stitched. “Whoa, hey, hold up now. Whoa.” he protested as he turned to see it was Rarity that was weaving her fingers in the air as her focus gem glowed.

Rarity continued to levitate thread and needle and continued to fix up his coat. “Here you go. I do apologize. If we were back home, I could've done something truly fabulous.” she said as she finished with adding a couple of braze button.

Capper looked at his fixed up coat, “Okay…” he then took a step back, “What's the catch?” he asked as he squinted his eyes.

Rarity smiled and shook her head, “Nothing. After all that you've done for us, consider it a "thank you".” Rarity and gave him a kiss on his check.

Capper stepped away, “Oh. Uh, don't thank me. Really.” he said as he turned from her.

Fluttershy then hovered over to Capper, “Someone hurt. An old friend?”

Capper turned from her and walked over to the table, “He never really was my friend.” Capper said weakly. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

Fluttershy reached into one of Rarity’s pockets, “Fluttershy what has gotten into to you?” Rarity asked.

“I looking for that gem . …” Fluttershy said as she found the gem and hovered over to Capper and showed the gem, “You don’t have to say a word, but letting others know your pain can help it feel.” She just looked at him with large open eyes.

Capper shrugged his shoulders and sighed, “Alright, since you’re so interested in my life story.” He then reached his right paw out and grasped it. His eyes went white before from them was a projection of city of anthropomorphic cats. The sky was slowly filling with the skyboats Tempest and the beastmen used. Some of them landing as the beastmen start to flood the city. The main focus was on a younger Capper with another cat that had gray fur with black stripes with a white underbelly and blue eyes, both hiding behind a food cart. “Come on, Capper.” the other cat said.

“I wanna get a closer look at those ships, Chummer.” Capper retorted. The two were then spotted by one of the beastmen who charged them and tore the cart apart. The two yowled and ran away.

After what felt like hours the two were hiding as the beastmen were loading a ship until they saw the landing gear hatch.

About two or so hours later the two, having been quiet as mice managed to get to the deck as the ship they were on was boarded. There on the deck were anthropomorphic patriot pirates. As they fought the beastmen, the two cats sneaked on to the nearest ship, where they managed to stow away onto a second ship.

After what seemed to be thirty minutes, “Rats, ugh. It’s always something…” came a female voice as a hatch was opened. Chummer then roared at the pirate parrot that revealed them. “D-Don’t come any closer! I’ll knock yer light’s out.” Chummer challenged before the pirate who held him by the fur of the back of his neck.

“What in the sky is happening here?” the pirate that had Chummer ask.

Just then what seemed to be a sapient cloud with arms floated over, “Looks to me, Captain, that what you have here are a couple of Abyssinians that stowed away on the Storm King’s flagship and then this ship after the attack on their home.”

The captain looked Chummer in the eye, “Well, I’ve no use for stowaways” She started with a slight avail growl, but then soften as she let Chummer back to his feet. “But we can always use crewmates.” The two cats nodded to accept the implied offer. “Good kitties. Now hop to manning the wheel and get this to the front of the fleet!” she ordered. The two nodded and headed to ship’s steering. The two nodded and headed to the steering wheel. Just as they reached the wheel there was sudden darkness as the sky was covered by storm clouds.

There was then a flash of lightning as a skyboat that was much like Tempest’s but thrice it in size appeared. Capper and Chummer steered the boat they were on away as the larger pirate ship and the rest of the fleet. As the two continued their flight, they looked over their shoulders as they saw the rest of the Storm King’s fleet encircle the other ships, “We made it,” Capper commented.

“And it’s nothing but clear skies from here on in, buddy.” Chummer replied.

The image passed to be dawn the next day, as the skyboat was descending at an alarming rate into the ground, “Chummer! We’re sailing too low.” Capper shouted.

Chummer struggled to adjust the steering wheel, “I… gah… know… huhgh… I’m trying to… graddbe...right it.” Just then they hit one of the rocky pillars of the desert they were flying over, causing Chummer to be forced from the wheel.

The two hugged each, holding each other in utter fright over their likely departure. “WE’RE GONNA CRASH!!!” they shouted just seconds before the skyboat crash-landed into the sand. While it didn’t come to an instant halt, the impact and the skidding along the sand caused the ship to break apart until it came to screeching stop.

Once the two realized that they were alive, “Well, we won’t be using again.” Capper chimed. “We better get going, we got to find a place to hide and some food.”

As Capper spoke Chummer looked over the wreckage, “Yay, yay, but maybe there’s something in this ship we can use to trade, some gold coins, a map to a buried treasure,” Chummer listed off until he spotted a lime-green rock about four times the size of paw on a chain, “Or some jewelry, this has gotta be worth somethin’.” Chummer surmised.

“Sure, let’s get something to cover ourselves from the sun and go.” Capper dismissed after he spied the rock that Chummer found.

Chummer laughed, “Don’t be like that, Capper, this here is our lucky charm.” Chummer patted his friend on the back as they found some white cloth that they made into some sort of ponchos as Chummer grabbed a bag to put the gem in. The two then began a track that seemed to last two days before they arrived at Kludgetown. As they came in, one of the stand owners shouted, “Fruits”, "Stange trinkets", "Rugs"

As the two stopped next to a stand of fruits, "Where are we?" Capper asked.

"Klugetown," the vendor answered, "And that's all you'll get for free, you want something, you got to give something here." the vendor informed.

Capper then looked to his right, "What about that guy that just ran off?" Capper asked as he pointed.

"WHAT!!!" the vendor shouted as he grabbed a broom and ran after the 'thief'.

Capper took a couple of fruits and passed one to Chummer, "Might take some getting used to, but I like it." Capper commented. About an hour later the two were in what would become Capper's place but it was far more rundown as if it was some long-forgotten storage area. "Maybe I spoke too soon." Capper sighed as he planted himself on a crate. "I wish we were back in Abyssinia."

Chummer grabbed a cloth and used it to make a hammock of sorts. "We were a couple of lovable charming swift-paws orphan street urchins back there and did just fine there, we'll be just fine." Chummer then patted the pack he brought, "Besides someone is bound to pay a king's ransom for our lucky charm, we just have to find him."

The projection changed to be a montage of the two swindling, stealing, etc to get some food and money. As the two tried to make their ends met, in the background often there were eyes watching and scowling at the two. The montage ended as the sun had set with the two looking at a plate with little more than fish-heads and tail. "This place is merciless!" Chummer groaned with a sigh.

Capper leaned against the wall, "And those goons aren't as subtle as they think they are." He crossed his arms as he let Chummer eat, "We clearly ain't the only act in town. Someone is running this place."

Once Chummer finished his meal, "And you want to join them? Working for a crime boss?" he asked.

Capper shook his head, "No. We need to get out of here, but we also need resources." Capper then looked at the pack with the gem Chummer found, "And I think we have a way to get both at once." The following day as Capper and Chummer were walking they were talking louder than they usually do, "Did you see their faces?" Capper laughed.

Chummer laughed as well, "I know! I can't believe we pulled that off!" Just then three anthropomorphic mole rats in patched up black three-piece suites with short rim fedora stepped to be in front of the two. "Well, it took you guys long enough." Chummer joked before two of them grabbed the cats by their arms.

After about thirty minutes the two cats were placed into two wooden chairs in front of a desk, seated was another mole rat with a top hat, "You two have been pretty busy in My Town." The forth mole rat tapped his claws. "The name's Verko, I own this town and every pickpocket here answers to me. Except you two." He then pointed at the two. "A couple of cats can't make it on the streets! You think that you can just waltz into..."

"Actually Mr. Verko, we're planning on waltzing out. We just need your help and we'll be out of your hair forever." Capper cut off

"Me help you? Why? What do I get out this?" Verko asked taken aback by the boldness of the cat.

"While I doubt I can appeal to your good nature to help out a couple of kid. But take that telescope and use that took out that window." As Capper spoke Verko reluctantly did. "Look to the rundown windmill, you're gonna see a small shiny prize." As Verko spotted the gem. "We've got a gem to sell. But as you see to get that little thing, you'll need someone as light as a cat to get it."

Verko turned back to Capper and Chummer, "You're selling it?" he asked in disbelief.

"We're looking for a few copper pieces..." Capper started.

"COPPER PIECES!!! That's the Misfortune Malachite, the Storm King would pay thousands of platinum pieces for it!" Verko said.

"Well it's your lucky day, you can have it for just an airship with all the trimmings, cannons, cannon balls, a few months worth of supplies, some weapons, tradable goods, clothes, and a few hundred gold pieces." Chummer listed off.

"And no questions asked," Capper added.

Verko thought for a second before he reached out his paw, "You have a deal." Capper and then Chummer shook their hands with Verko.

That night as Capper and Chummer were back in their place, "You agree with what Verko said, about two cats not making it on the streets, but we've always had each other and we've made it on the streets." Chummer mused.

"I think Verko doesn't think the way we do. I think he thinks friends are a distraction and that without them one can be free, and only have to worry about yourself." Capper mused.

"...oh." Chummer mused.

"But that's a lonely life." Capper finished, "It's better that we have each other."

"Me too," Chummer replied. "So where should we go next?"

"I'd like to find a place to call home. I don't want to run, steal, swindle. I just want to be." Capper answered.

Chummer had a slight laugh, "With a skyboat, we can make the whole world our home. And we'll become the most legendary thieves in the world. Yeah..."

Capper turned his bed, "Yeah... but I'd rather just be us... friends." Capper then fell asleep.

The next morning at the docks Verko, three of his goons, met up with Chummer and Capper for the exchange, both cats had blue packs. "Well, boys? Is it everything you wanted?" Verko asked.

"Yeah, it looks perfect. Everything two pirates could ask for." Capper said with a massive smile.

Chummer then walked up to rope ladder, "I'll go check it out. When I gave the okay, Capper will give you the malachite." Everyone agreed and everyone waited for Chummer to give the go ahead.

After two minutes, "How's it's looking Chummer?" Capper asked. Just then the rope ladder came down. "What the..." he asked.

"What are trying to pull?" Verko asked.

"Nothing!" Capper challenged, "I have the gem here..." Capper said as he reached into his bag and found that all he had was a green rock. "What..." he said as raised the rock and showed it. He threw the rock at Verko in a panic and ran to grab one of the ropes as Chummer began to steer the ship as it was taking off. "Chummer, Hold On! I'm coming!" Capper shouted as he started to climb up. "Chummer, please. Wait!" Once he was about to get onto the boat proper. "Stop the ship! Please!!" he pleaded.

"No!" Chummer answered, "Verko was right! Two cats can't make it on their own!" Before Capper could reply Chummer began to steer the ship so hard it tilted to the right and then to the left to high causing stuff to move along the deck. "You never wanted to be a thief!" He continued this until one of the oil lamps on the ship fell and shattered on the deck a starting a fire. As Capper was forced back and forth the red coat he presently wears was wrapped around his leg. Just as Chummer finished, Capper was holding on to the railing on the 'outside' side of the ship. Chummer walked up and looked down at Capper, "You shouldn't have come after me, Capper! We could've been FREE! We could've lived our own lives! We don't need each other." As Capper was trying to pull himself up. Chummer slammed his paws on Capper's "You were going to leave me. So I'm leaving you first." Chummer then pulled back as Capper lost his grip. All the while the skyboat was set ablaze.

As the projected ended, “Woah,” Capper said as he stumbled back. “That…” he was cut off as Fluttershy hugged him.


"You poor thing. I'm so sorry." Fluttershy said as she held him.

After a minute Capper pulled away, “thanks.” he whispered. In a way, he felt better as a massive weight was lifted off of him, but only to realize there was something else weighing him down.

Twilight then slammed the book she was reading on the table and showed a map illustrated in the book while on the table was a copy she made of it. “We've been looking for the wrong queen!” She explained as she passed the book around, “We don't need the Queen of the Aas! We need the Queen of the Aasimars!”

“Oh! Oh, the Aasimars!” Capper said as he stepped back, “Now, the trouble with that is... no one knows... where they are…” he paused several times as if he was nervous about something.

“Mount Aris, you know that mountain right outside the window.” Pinkie said as she pointed out the window that faced to the south and called everyone’s attention to a very tall mountain.

“Heh heh heh…” Capper laughed as he pulled at his coat collar.

“Alright we knew where to go, thank you for the use of your library,” she said as she picked up the copy of the map she made and left the book on the table. “Let's go, everybody.”

Capper gasped before he leaped to in the front of Twilight blocking her from the door. “Wait!” He shouted with a yowl in his throat. “You can't—you can't make it by y'allselves.” he stuttered as he started to noticeably sweat. “You need an airship!” he shouted. “And lucky for you, I can get you a ride.” He tried to offer.

Twilight’s focus gem glowed as she levitated and moved Capper to her left, “I think we can get there on our own.” she said as she sensed something was off about Capper at that moment.

As Twilight was about to reach the door, it opened to reveal an anthropomorphic naked mole rat in a tattered top hat and three-piece suit, Verko, “Here's Verko!” announced himself with a laugh, Twilight and the girls gasped as they backed away.

“Hey, Boss…” Capper said as he tried to walk in front of his seven guests.

But Verko only thrust his right index finger into his chest, “Listen, boy, unless these Mysticans can shoot lasers out of their eyes, they ain’t going to settle your debt!” He said as he gave Capper the piece of paper that the feline gave the mouse that was at his home when they arrived. “But at least it will make a real down payment.” He chuckled as he rubbed his hands, “LOAD THEM UP!!” he shouted to his goons outside. “Brought the big cage.”

Rarity was the first to put it all together, “You were... You were going to sell us?” she almost vomited the words.

“Sold, sweetcheeks.” Verko corrected.

“We gotta get outta here!” Twilight said as she looked around for a means to escape.

Before she found one there was the sound of a brawl that lasted a second from outside, only for Tempest to walk in with a chuckle. “Silly little princess,” she slowly stepped into Capper’s apartment showing that outside Verko’s goons were on the ground spasming as electricity pulsated their bodies. Tempest looked to Capper and then back to Twilight “Trusting strangers? Big mistake.” she hissed as she pushed Capper to the side and walked closer to Twilight.

“Hey listen here, These Mysticans are mine.” Verko challenged as he turned to see what happened to his goons and then to look at Tempest.

“And the Storm King rewards his subjects who faithfully obey his demands, and he demands the six Mysticans..” she started before Verko grabbed her checks.

“Well, well, well, looks like the Storm King started his own collection.” the mole rat said as he looked at Tempest. “Too bad he started with a broken Magicborn with scowly eyes.” He mused. “I wonder what tricks do you know, my little magiy-wagiy?” he asked in a clearly patronizing way.

“Bad move, moly-woly,” came Grubber from the doorway as Tempest scolded as her embedded broken focus gem in her forehead began to spark. Verko started to step back, but too late as electricity shot from the focus gem into the mole rat shocking him with blue lightning. Even as he fell and screamed in pain, Tempest didn’t let up her assault until Verko’s body stopped moving. Tempest took a break only to hear and see Twilight and her friends managed to get out of the window, Twilight, however, made the error to look back. Before Tempest could speak, “GET HER!!!!” Grubber shouted and the beastmen charged in.

Twilight narrowly managed to get out before she could be grabbed by any of the beastmen. Once she got out of the window she was roped by Applejack from above and was pulled to be with the others. Applejack then grabbed her sword and hacked at the mill, sundering it so that the beastmen could not climb it. “GO! GO! GO!” Applejack ordered as she sheathed her blade and began to run along the rooftops towards the airship dock near the southern part of the city. After about a two minute run, as they arrived they spotted a ship about to take off. Applejack took out her rope again and managed to lasso it. She then tied the other end around her like a harness and grabbed Rarity and Spike. Rainbow grabbed Pinkie as she Fluttershy and Twilight dived to land on the stern of the ship’s deck. The four then pulled up Applejack, Rarity, and Spike. Once they were on board, Applejack tackled everyone into a corner hidden by a large number of crates. “Quiet” she whispered and everyone was silent.

As the remained quite a male voice was heard, “Did you hear that?” he asked another person. The answer was a squawk. “Maybe,” the asker replied. “Could be rats. Would make for a nice change to the meal to have some meat, if we find them.”

Rarity jumped into Applejack’s arms in fright, “Rats?” she whispered. Applejack would have let her drop onto the deck, but at the moment, silence was golden.

❊ ❊ ❊

Back at the docks, a beastman dropped Capper on to the gangway of the dock to Tempest’s ship. Capper grunted as he got up only to face Tempest with Grubber at her right side, “Capper, was it?” she asked knowing full well the answer. Capper nodded. “Now... where are they going?” she said as her embedded fractured focus gem cracked as lightning formed.

Capper took a step back and held his paws up as to somewhat defend himself and to show he was not a threat. “Okay. No need for violence,” he said as he tried to defuse the situation. He looked to the horizon, “They're headed…” he started when he saw a flash of light on the new buttons on his coat. He paused for a second and then looked to the East, “... to Black Skull Island.” answered almost too swiftly and yet too slowly. After he gave his answer he turned to leave, but Tempest and Grubber shared a look as if neither believed the cat’s tongue. “So, uh, glad I could be of service to His Majesty, the Storm King. I'll just be on my way.” the cat continued to say as he walked away, but was stopped as the Beastmen blocked his path. He then yowled in freight as they grabbed him and turned him to face Tempest.

“When I get my Princess.” Tempest pointed out as she walked up and patted Capper on his head. She then turned back to her ship and started to board it, “Until then, your fate is still…” She paused as she was about to walk onto the ramp to the ship, “up in the air.” She finished as Grubber snickered and followed her. The beastmen then began to drag Capper onto the ship.

❊ ❊ ❊

At the northern side of the city, about the same time as Tempest’s ship had set off, Twilight’s skyboat landed in the sand. Flash jumped on the ground fully patched up. “Stygian, Pharynx, Gilda, keep an eye on Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Girls, stay on the ship. Sunburst, help Trixie find the components you’ll need for the stone to flesh spell for Starlight. Gabby, I’ll need a good cop to my bad cop to find Twilight.” He said as he took command.

“You’re not going to challenge that?” Gilda asked as she turned to the Elf Prince.

Pharynx looked at Flash and then back to Gilda, “Ha, and have the honor of my blood being the first his sword drinks, No thanks.”

Gabby jumped off the skyboat and followed Flash into the town as Sunburst and Trixie followed. Flash's hand ready to draw his blade.

Author's Note:

That took longer than expected... Real Life is a ... well yeah.
I hope you like the attempts to incorperate the comics into the movie. And here the attempt to give Fluttershy more of a role by having her help reach out to Capper.