• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 975 Views, 1 Comments

The Uninvited Guest - RDDash



Princess Celesta is having some tea with a former Queen of Changelings.

  • ...
7
 1
 975

Would You like Some Tea

Today Princess Celestia decided to spend her day doing nothing. Today was the Eve of Heartwarming night, in order to understand what exactly happened, we would need to start the day from the very beginning.

Princess Celestia woken up, she met with her sister Princess Luna who at that point looked exhausted on her own. Her mane was a bit rough along the edges

Princess Celestia sighed, it looks like Luna spent another exhausting night with the ponies, “Is everything alright?”

Princess Luna just looked at her and then smiled, “Kind of, I mean I spent quite a night. I am not really sure how to say that.”

“Why?”

“Well it's kind of embarrassing, I mean it's one thing to spend a night with foals, and another with horny teenagers.”

“Uh, well I suppose you are a grown mare, I am sure you can handle it.” Almost instantly a teacup got flown into Princess Celestia head, she blinked. “Did I said something wrong?”

Princess Luna frowned, “Somehow I felt insulted, but I just don't know why.”

‘Well, in that case, I will just leave you alone for now.“

“Okay,“ Princess Luna nodded her head, ”I will see you later sister.”

Princess Celestia decided it would be best if she went to the courtyard of the castle, or as castle workers referred as bailey.

She trotted outside in a wide open area covered by lots of snow. Almost immediately the breeze of cold air assaulted her. From the courtyard, she immediately went straight to the area where the small exit point connected the castle with the Royal Garden.

Even during winter months, The Royal Garden looked quite beautiful to look at it, The snow once again had been part of the magic.

“This is the second time this year I've seen you visit this place,” Princess Celestia heard the very familiar voice in the garden

“Uh but I really like this place, it's really nice and pretty and beautiful,” she replied.

“I imagine most of the time it is because I wasn’t even here.”

Princess Celestia trotted next to the statue that was close to her, “On the contrary, I always thought that this garden was quite beautiful. To tell you the secret I actually thought that you would appreciate its beauty.”

“Bah, it's always getting old after awhile.” the voice suddenly became very silent.

“What is it Discord are you suddenly became just as shy as your best friend?”

“No, but I can ask you the similar question, did you suddenly forgot her name?”

“Shush you, otherwise other ponies might think that's the old senile mare is talking to herself in her old age.”

Discord smirked to himself just a few seconds ago he finished materializing himself, “I always liked you with the pink hair anyway.”

Celestia giggled, “Tsk tsk!”

“Celestia you are not old.”

“But I am, I am a millennia-old hag in the body of a middle-aged mare.”

“Celestia please don't devalue yourself, otherwise I really would feel offended by it, and then I would really show my true age as a cranky old fart.”

“I already saw you behaving like an old fart that's why I did to put you in the stone.”

“You mean back then?” Discord glanced at her, “I always wanted to be a royal jester for my favorite Princess.”

“Princess Celestia sighed, she almost felt the sympathy for her sister's going into wet dreams. Did Discord just try to confess his feelings? “Back then it wasn't really funny.”

“And now?”

“Now I am a really old grumpy mare, I highly doubt that I would really enjoy it. She swallowed at what she was about to say next.”Look, back then, I was been lectured by another old fart and it always been about responsibility and all the other kind of crap. Like for example, about how to be a proper Princess, and frankly, my mentor did not age that well. His beard became his well-defined feature.”

“You are saying he wasn't always been called Starswirl the Bearded.”

“The legend says that when he was born, he did spawn a dashing grey beard,” deadpanned Princess Celestia.

“Now you are just messing with me.”

“Maybe,” she said innocently.

“You know I always been fascinated by ponies growing beards. Was it like an extra batch of fur on a slightly shorter fur coat.” He glanced at her briefly, ”Alright, alright fine, the cranky old fart should just stop talking.”

“I didn't say you should stop talking.” she scooched over next to him.

He sighed, “Are we friends now?”

“Only if you want us to be.” They both continued to look at the beauty of the Royal Garden that is until the evening came. Princess Celestia continued to do so even when Discord went away almost two hours ago.

It was actually amusing in a way. Princess Celestia had been standing in the snow, which started falling around seven hours ago, and now completely covered her entire body with a very thin layer.

She sneezed, “Achoo!” Almost instantaneously the snow flew down from her body onto the ground next to her. “Didn't know Alicorns could get sick. I better go and get me some warm tea with cookies, and maybe some cake. Yeah,” She nodded to herself. “I think I like this plan.”

She started to trot in the direction of the castle, the snow crunching under her hooves. She entered the castle and then passed past right all of the ponies who were still in the castle.

“Sister?”

Princess Celestia stopped and then turned on the tips of her hooves. “Hi, Luna did you slept well?”

“I guess I am, ” Princess Luna nodded her head, “I think I am just going to go.”
.
“Oh, okay,” Princess Celestia sounded a bit disappointed.

“Did you spent an entire day standing in the Royal garden?”

“Well yeah, how did you know?”

“Your fur is a soaking wet. Some dirt from the snow that got melted now stuck in your mane.”

Princess Celestia blinked,“I guess that makes sense.”

She then trotted passed her sister and then opened the door to her chambers.

“Um, sister?”

Princess Celestia turned around, “Yes sister.”

Princess Luna thought about what to say, but then couldn’t find anything else of interest “Sorry, I guess it's nothing. I think I spent most of my day doing nothing like you are.”

“Eh, I guess so, it's the season of holidays. If you want to talk about it. I am always welcome to hear it.”

Princess Luna nodded, “Well it's not like I really didn't do anything at all, I slept, and when I am on duty I am in a half-awake trance state which is like sleeping but not really.”

“I see,” Princess Celestia simply said. “I mean I guess I kind of know what are you talking about.”

“I am not really sure about that, please explain to me how did you manage to take care of the Moon as well as your own Sun and then forgot about it”

Princess Celestia shrugged, “I guess I just double, and just like you said I simply forgot about it. I am really old hug and unlike you, I didn't spend my thousands of years I suspended the animation.”

Princess Luna smiled, “Oh would you wish now to be blasted with the rainbow beam instead of me.”

“And then Nightmare Moon would be forced into sister sitting job? I have to say you reached your puberty very quickly sister.”

“I would have been worth it though, eventually my cruel heart would have softened enough and then we would have fixed our differences. Alright, I guess I am just going to go and do my job.”

“I'll see you later sister, have a happy night.”

“Thanks and happy night to you too.

Princess Celestia nodded happily and then entered the room. On the small table right next to fireplace she saw the tea set as well as some sweets to accompany it. She smiled, “I guess the maids already delivered.” She trotted next to it and sat down.

“Would you like some tea?” Suddenly an overly familiar voice casually asked her.

“Why yes, I would.”

“Sugar, spices?” the voice continued

“Two sugars please.”

Small teacup with tea was levitated in front of Celestia.

“Thank you, whoever you are!”

“Uh, you are welcome I guess… I guess the old age is really dulling your brain if you still couldn't recognize who I am.”

Princess Celestia smirked, “I am not that old to not be able to see or hear that I have an uninvited guest in my own room, but as long as you are willing to play civil I don’t really care. Isn’t it right Queen Chrysalis, or is it just Chrysalis now?”

“Chrysalis would be fine, besides I don't want to be a Queen anymore.”

“Oh,” Princess Celestia asked curiously.

“Yeah, I mean I don't really want to come back to those losers. I would give that upstart Thorax about, oh I don’t know maybe a few months before he eventually would crack under pressure in his new ruling position”

“Hm,” Celestia sipped her tea, simply listening to her new companion, “I feel a bit disappointed by that.”

The former queen flashed her horn and in her place stood the new Chrysalis went the cheese holes, and the menacing look. In her place stood a very different Chrysalis with orange-yellow chitin, purple butterfly wings, and the orange beetle horn.

“Is that what you bastards wanted?” She hissed, her horn flashed again and she reverted to her old appearance. “Because I can tell you right now, this will not happen.”

“Pity, you look very pretty,” Princess Celestia continued to drink her own tea.

“I am pretty, I just don't need to look like… like... that hideous thing!” Chrysalis swished her tail to display displeasure.

“All of it that you see is just a cosmetic look, this hideous new look isn't really a problem. The problem was is that ridiculous heresy that you made up. The love can be shared not taken for someone else to consume.”

“I see you are still pissy about your new look.”

“No I am not as you call it pissy, I don't need to feel pissy, I know it looks really retarded on its own.”

“Preach it, sister!” Princess Celestia put the teacup on the table, it was empty.

“Oh piss off Celestia!” Chrysalis frowned, “Do you want more tea? She finally asked.

“Yes please,” Princess Celestia replied. ”it's not poisoned, is it?

“With what? Hugs and Rainbows?” Chrysalis took the teacup and refill it with fresh tea and then passed on to the mare nearby.

“Thank you!”

Chrysalis flinched, her trying her best to be civil and nice is a bit of a new experience for her. Instead of answering she chose to remain silent.

The awkward silence continued for the next twenty minutes until Princess Celestia decided to do something, she suddenly got an idea. She levitated a slice of cake and paused for a brief second, next came the spoon. She then took a spoonful of cake into the spoon and then levitate it towards Chrysalis nose

“Boop!’ she said softly while the sugary smudge plastered itself on Chrysalis nose. Chrysalis blinked, and then licked her own nose with the tongue. “How was it?”

“Sweet, a bit too sweet, but sweet nonetheless.”

“Why did you came Cryssy?”

Chrysalis blinked, “I just did, can’t an old friend visit sometimes?”

“A friend? ” This time it was Princess Celestia's turn to sound surprised. “I am sorry, but I am slightly confused.”

“Now don't get mad!” Chrysalis said,”I just thought that we know each other for years, and that's what I meant by old. I mean I know that you are ancient it just.”

“Mares dislike others mentioning their age,”
Princess Celestia offered.

“Sure, let's go with that,” Chrysalis nodded her head, “I thought that maybe we should start over as you know friends. Think about it, I am really stupid and even my plans for world domination are really stupid.”

“I….”

Chrysalis furiously shook her head, “No, don't say anything, just listen, I could have been the Queen of the Crystal Empire and nopony would have been the wiser. Of course, the Princess Candy-Butt would need to be relocated but it would have been worth it. And I already could have established the sanctuary for those ungrateful imbeciles.”

Princess Celestia tried again, “I still don't think that domination isn't the only way to govern our subjects.”

“I never hurt anyone!” Chrysalis blurted out.

“You didn't, but I thought that?”

“I was what? Cruel sadistic bitch? Tell me, what the very first thing came into your mind when you first met me?”

“I thought that,” Princess Celestia started off slowly, “I thought that you actually cared about your subjects. The desperation drove you into insanity.”

“I still do, kind off. I mean they don't really need me anymore are they?” Chrysalis put her now empty teacup on the table. “I realized that I wasn't needed anymore, and then I did the next best thing, I let it go. I let everything go. I am finally free.”

She blinked and then repeated, “I am finally free.”

“And what is a free mare doing in my castle?”

“She is homeless,” replied Chrysalis and then laughed at how ridiculous it sounded.

Princess Celestia snorted, “What you know the miracle of Hearth Warming Eve, the final villain is reformed.”

“Not funny!‘

"Alright, I give up! but where did you lived for the past several months?" Princess Celestia asked.

"I am not telling, I don't want to get hassled by annoying guards in my own backyard. Just between you and me, I am a lot closer then you think."

Princess Celestia shrugged off, "Well, when you are ready to tell me, then feel welcome too."

"Right so, um you don't really mind the company."

"I am really confused, but I kind of like it."

Hours later when Princess Celestia felt asleep and then when she woke up she saw Chrysalis weren't even in the room. It's not that she expected her to stay. She sighed and then grabbed a piece of parchment.

Let's skip the pleasantries shall we, I don't really want to write this letter, but I guess I kind of had too for some reason. Well at first I wanted to just leave, and then the whole thing would have been like its all a dream. But then I kind of felt bad, which is ridiculous because changelings don't feel anything by themselves. At least they weren't used too. The whole sharing emotions are just completely unnatural for me, I just can't adapt myself to the new and ever-changing world, buck that Right then, don't look for me, don't make your lapdogs chase for me. if I neeed to do I will find you myself. I think I am going to barf, so I am not going to say Happy Heartwarming. See ya someday.

Princess Celestia just smiled and trotted outside of her bedchambers.

Author's Note:

Hi everyone its time I will release the brand new story to tease you about what I am going to do next.

Comments ( 1 )

Perfect for the New Year.

Login or register to comment