• Published 27th Dec 2017
  • 5,734 Views, 104 Comments

My Little Pony - Equestria Boy - OliverSparkle



Shining and Cadence adopt a young alicorn colt that has no family

  • ...
19
 104
 5,734

Chapter 20

As the sun began to rise, Fluttershy slowly opened her eyes and looked down at Lightning Twister who was still under her wing sleeping soundly. Looking at the clock, she saw that it was still very early so she decided to let Lightning sleep for a little longer. Fluttershy very carefully got out of bed without waking Lightning Twister. As gently and carefully as possible, she moved Lightning underneath the covers and tucked him in. After giving Lightning a gentle kiss on the forehead, Fluttershy flew down the stairs and sat on the living room couch. As she sat there, she decided to go see her friends for a few minutes. She wanted to talk to them about Lightning.

Quickly heading into her room, Fluttershy gently nudged Lightning causing him to wake. He let out a yawn and smiled at Fluttershy. But before he could do anything, Fluttershy placed a hoof on his shoulder.

"Shh...You don't have to get up yet, sweetheart. I'm just going over to Twilight's for a few minutes. You go back to sleep and I promise I'll be here when you wake up. If I'm not back before you wake up, don't leave the cottage. Do you understand?" Fluttershy told him in a loving yet stern tone.

"Yes Ma'am," Lightning said before laying his head back onto the pillow and shutting his eyes.

"Okay, I'll be back in a bit sweetie," Fluttershy said to Lightning before giving him a kiss on the forehead.

Fluttershy left the cottage and locked the door. Before she left, she looked at the window to the room where Lightning slept and said, "Don't worry Lightning, I promise I'll take great care of you." With that said, Fluttershy made her way to Twilight's castle.

When she arrived at Twilight's castle, she opened the doors then closing them, walked into the throne room and gasped in shock at the sight, she saw not only were all of her friends there, but also standing in the room was none other than Princess Celestia. Fluttershy bowed respectfully to the princess.

Princess Celestia giggled and said in her usual gentle and motherly tone, "Please Fluttershy, you don't have to bow to me. I'm here, because I received a letter from Twilight telling me that you have found a runaway colt and have taken him in."

Fluttershy hesitantly nodded. She feared that if the Princess knew he was a runaway, she would send him back to his abusive father.

Seeing the fear in Fluttershy's eyes, the Princess gently placed a hoof on her shoulder and said, "Please relax, my little pony. There's no need to be afraid. I wanted to tell you how proud I am of your actions to take care of this little colt."

Fluttershy's eyes went wide at hearing what the princess said.

"R-Really!?" Fluttershy stammered earning a nod from the Princess.

"Yes. I would also like to say to all of you that I have sent some of my guards to find his father and arrest him. I absolutely will not tolerate child abuse from anypony whatsoever," Princess Celestia said in a calm yet very angry tone. Everyone frowned and nodded in agreement.

Fluttershy gave the princess a grateful smile. "Princess, may I say something?" Fluttershy asked.

"Of course my dear," Celestia said to Fluttershy gently.

Fluttershy let out a deep breath before saying, "The young colt’s name is Lightning Twister, and I love him like he was my own son. Last night, he told me that when I'm with him, it feels like his own mother is right beside him. I've thought long and hard about this, and if it's alright with you and my friends. I would like to adopt Lightning Twister."

Fluttershy's friends gasped in shock before Applejack spoke up.

"Sugarcube, are you sure about this?"

"Yes I am Applejack," Fluttershy said, "The poor little colt has had nopony to love and care for him. The only pony that might have loved him had died when he was born. He's all alone in the world with no actual family. Since I took him in, I have shown him the love that he has not been shown for who knows how long. I want to be his mother. I want to be the one to love and care for him. I love him with all of my heart, and I don't want him to be alone anymore."

Hearing what Fluttershy said brought tears to everyone's eyes, including Princess Celestia. Twilight magically levitated a tissue to everyone.

After the Princess wiped her eyes, she smiled at Fluttershy and said, "We were all hoping you would say that, Fluttershy. Because we couldn't think of any better pony to be a mother for Lightning Twister than you."

Fluttershy felt tears sting her own eyes.

"Y-you r-really think so?" she sobbed happily.

Everyone in the room nodded happily while Twilight levitated a tissue to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy wiped her eyes before giving her friends and the princess a hug while saying, "Thank you, everypony!"

"Ooh Ooh does this mean we're his Aunts and Oliver is his uncle!?" Pinkie asked while bouncing excitedly.

Fluttershy giggled and said, "Of course, if that's alright with everypony."

It didn't take long for all of Fluttershy's friends to say yes and tackle her into a group hug.

Princess Celestia smiled at the sight and said, "I will go get the adoption papers and bring them to you, Fluttershy."

Fluttershy nodded her head and looked at Pinkie Pie before asking, "Pinkie, can you put together a simple party for just family?"

After a few minutes later, Fluttershy returned to her cottage and went upstairs. When she reached her bedroom and saw that Lightning was still asleep. She trotted up to the young colt and nuzzled his cheek to wake him up. Letting out a yawn, Lightning rubbed his eyes and looked at Fluttershy.

"Good Morning Lightning, did you sleep well last night?" Fluttershy asked him sweetly.

Lightning nodded his head and Fluttershy smiled at him before asking, "Would you like some breakfast?"

"Yes Please," Lightning said politely.

Fluttershy nodded her head and the two trotted downstairs to have some breakfast. When they were finished eating, Fluttershy quickly washed the dishes. When everything was clean, Fluttershy and Lightning went into the living room to feed the animals. The two fed the animals happily while Fluttershy hummed a happy song.

With all the animals fed, Fluttershy looked at Lighting and asked, "Lightning, would you like to go to Twilight's for a few minutes?"

Lightning nodded his head and she went out the door with Lightning following her. When they stepped outside, the two began their journey to Ponyville. Entering the town square, Fluttershy saw a familiar figure that she had not introduced Lightning to. It was a small purple dragon with wings and green scales.

"Spike!" Fluttershy calls out catching the dragon’s attention.

Spike waves at Fluttershy who walks over to the dragon.

Spike smiled at Fluttershy and said, "Hey Fluttershy, good to see you again."

Fluttershy returns the smile while saying, "You too Spike, did you have a good time in Canterlot?"

"Yeah, it was great!" Spike said happily.

Before either Spike or Fluttershy could say anything, they heard a small whimpering sound coming from behind Fluttershy. Fluttershy turned her head around to see Lightning hiding behind her while trembling and whimpering.

With concern in her voice, Fluttershy asked, "Lightning, what's the matter?"

Lightning continued to whimper while pointing a shaking hoof at Spike.

"Is that the little guy Twilight told me about, Fluttershy?" Spike asked curiously.

Fluttershy nodded while gently stroking Lightning's mane.

"Spike, this is Lightning Twister. He's the little colt I'm taking care of," Fluttershy said to Spike happily.

Lightning continued to whimper in fear of Spike. He had never seen a dragon before. His father had told him that they were dangerous and hungry monsters that would get Lightning if he misbehaved. Lightning feared that he had done something wrong and Spike had come here to hurt him.

Seeing that Lightning was probably afraid of him, Spike started to walk over to Lightning to show him that there was no need to be afraid of him. However when Spike got near Lightning, he ran underneath Fluttershy and buried his face in his hooves. Fluttershy reached a foreleg under her and picked him up to calm him down and reassure him that he doesn't need to be afraid of Spike.

"Shhh...It's okay, Lightning. Spike's not going to hurt you. He's a kind and sweet little dragon," Fluttershy said to Lightning gently.

Lightning looked at Fluttershy and then at Spike who was smiling at him. Fluttershy very gently put Lightning back on the ground and kept a hoof on his shoulder to keep him calm.

"Hey there little guy, I'm Spike, I'm Twilight's number one assistant. You don't need to be afraid of me. I'm just a baby dragon, and I wouldn't hurt a fly," Spike said hoping that he could get Lightning to trust him.

Spike raised a claw and held it out. He continued to wear a happy smile as Lightning looked at him and then at the claw. Spike wasn't trying to hurt him. He was being as friendly as the Cutie Mark Crusaders were when they met Lightning, maybe he wasn't a mean dragon. Lightning finally gave Spike a small smile, raised a hoof, and put it in Spike's small claw. The two shook hoof and claw in friendship.

After a minute, Spike looked at Fluttershy who smiled at him.

"Well guys, I'm gonna head back to Twilight's castle," Spike said while giving a wink to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy smiled at Spike and nodded her head. He must know about the party for Lightning. Spike waved at Fluttershy and Lightning and made his way back home. Fluttershy looked down at Lightning who looked at the ground sadly.

Lightning looked at Fluttershy and said, "I'm sorry I was scared of Spike, Fluttershy. I’ve never seen a dragon before. Daddy told me that dragons were mean and they would get me if I was bad."

Fluttershy frowned at Lightning and rubbed his shoulder. She truly hated his father for saying and doing so many horrible things to Lightning.

"It's alright sweetheart, I used to be afraid of dragons once. If you want to, I can tell you a story sometime about how my friends and I had to get a giant sleeping dragon to leave Ponyville because he was snoring and was causing black smoke," Fluttershy said to Lightning gently.

Lightning smiled at Fluttershy and said, "That would be nice Fluttershy, thank you."

Fluttershy and Lightning smiled at each other and continued to make their way to Twilight's castle.

When they arrived, Fluttershy looked at Lightning and said, "Lightning, could you close your eyes for a minute? Don't worry, I'll guide you in."

Lightning nodded and closed his eyes as he was told to do. Fluttershy opened the door and very carefully led Lightning into the castle. When Fluttershy closed the door, she guided him into the room where the party was, once they reached the room, Fluttershy sat down behind Lightning put her hooves over his eyes.

"Okay sweetheart, you can open your eyes now," Fluttershy said to Lightning.

Lightning opened his eyes and Fluttershy removed her hooves.

"SURPRISE!" shouted a room full of ponies.

Lightning looked around with eyes wide with surprise. Everypony that he had met was here. All of Fluttershy's friends, The Cutie Mark Crusaders and Spike.

"I-Is this all f-for me?" Lightning stammered in confusion.

Pinkie bounced up to Lightning and said, "Yep, this is your Welcome to Ponyville party!"

Fluttershy smiled at Pinkie and then at Lightning who had a huge smile on his face. They had done all of this for him to make him feel welcome and to make him feel like he was truly home.

"Thank you, everypony!' Lightning said happily.

Everyone in the room smiled at him as Pinkie Pie jumped in the air and shouted, "Alright everypony, let's party!"

Everyone at the party was having a great time, Fluttershy and her friends were talking and Lightning Twister, as well as Spike and the CMC, were talking with one another. Lightning's smile barely left his face since the party had started. For once in his life, he was happy. He was around ponies that actually liked him and cared about him.

Lightning and his new friends were all laughing, when a voice called out to Lightning. It was the voice of Rainbow Dash. Lightning began to tremble when he heard the cyan Pegasus call his name, but he stopped when he felt a reassuring hoof touch his shoulder. Lightning looked at the source of the hoof and saw Scootaloo smiling at him. She knew that Lightning was somewhat afraid of Rainbow Dash. So she figured that since she and Rainbow were so close, and she and Lightning were now friends, she would go with Lightning to make him a little more comfortable.

"Come on Lightning, I'll go with you to see Rainbow Dash since she and I are like sisters. I'm sure what she has to say will be awesome just like she is," Scootaloo said to Lightning proudly.

Lightning nodded his head and said, "Okay, Scootaloo."

The two trotted up to Rainbow Dash who left her group of friends to meet them halfway. Lightning started to tremble once more until he felt a gentle hoof from both Scootaloo and another mare he didn't expect Rainbow Dash.

"Hey Lightning, hey Scoots," Rainbow said to the colt and the filly.

"Hey Rainbow Dash," Scootaloo said happily.

Lightning looked at Rainbow with nervous eyes. Rainbow let out a sigh and began talking to the young colt while Scootaloo held his shoulders with her hooves to keep him from being nervous.

"Hey Lightning, I know you’re still scared of me after what I said to you, and I wanted to say again that I am truly sorry I called you a crybaby. I didn't know that you were afraid of thunder and lightning and your father scared you a lot with storm clouds. I made a mistake calling you a crybaby little guy, and I wish I could take it back. I now know you’re scared of thunder and lightning, and that’s all I’m gonna be thinking about. Lightning, can you ever forgive me for what I said?"

Lightning looked at Rainbow for a minute. He looked deep into her magenta eyes and he saw that she was telling the truth and she meant every word since the beginning. Now it was Lightning’s turn to feel ashamed. He should have trusted her apology the last time she said she was sorry. Looking at Rainbow, Lightning smiled and walked up to her. He stared at the beautiful cyan mare and wrapped his hooves around her neck.

"I'm sorry I didn't trust you Rainbow," Lightning said.

Rainbow felt small tears form in the edges of her eyes and she wrapped her forelegs around Lightning. She may be tough, but she was also willing to her softer side.

"It's alright little guy," Rainbow said before pulling Lightning away to look him in the eyes. "Hey, Fluttershy told me you’re not a very good flier. So I was wondering if you would like me to teach you how to fly."

Scootaloo immediately dashed in front of Lightning and said, "That would be great, Lightning! Rainbow Dash is teaching me how to fly! You and I can learn together! Come on say yes, it'll be totally awesome!"

Lightning chuckled and said, "I'd like that Rainbow, thank you."

Rainbow gave him a proud smirk and ruffled his mane with her hoof.

The party went on with everyone continuing to have a great time. Eveyone played, talked, and laughed until a flash entered the room. The flash revealed Princess Celestia and everyone except Lightning Twister bowed.

Celestia giggled and said playfully, "I told you my little ponies, there is no need to bow to me at something like this."

Lightning crawled his way towards Fluttershy while trying to avoid eye contact with the princess. He had never seen her before and he was quite afraid of her. The princess saw Lightning as he hid under Fluttershy.

She trotted over to the scared colt and said, "You must be Lightning Twister."

Lightning said nothing until Fluttershy silently reassured him that Celestia wasn't going to hurt him.

Lightning very carefully made his way out from under Fluttershy and walked up to the sun goddess. He bowed respectfully to her and Princess Celestia put a gentle hoof in his shoulder.

"Please young one, nopony else has to bow to me and you don't have to either," She said in her gentle and motherly tone.

Lightning raised to his hooves and looked up at the princess.

Celestia smiled and said, "I'm glad I was finally able to meet you, Lightning Twister. I am here because I was asked to come here by Fluttershy."

Lightning gasped and looked at Fluttershy who gave him a gentle smile.

"Y-you asked her to come, Fluttershy?" Lightning asked in shock.

"Yes I did sweetheart," Fluttershy said. "I asked her to come, because I want to ask you something."

Lightning looked at Fluttershy curiously as Fluttershy picked him up and held him in her forelegs. She felt small tears sting her eyes as she began to speak to Lightning softy, gently, and sweetly.

"Lightning, since the night I found you, you have changed my life. I have come to love and care you more than anypony in Equestria. You have a very special place in my heart now. I love you more than anything, Lightning. I know you never knew your real mother, and I was wondering if I could be your mother."

Lightning looked at Fluttershy in shock as tears began to form in his eyes.

"Y-you w-want to be m-my M-Momma?" Lightning sobbed happily.

Fluttershy's tears began to roll down her face as she nodded her head.

That one gesture made tears flow out of Lightning's eyes like a river. Except they weren't tears of sadness, they were tears of joy.

"Y-y-yes! I-I w-want you t-to b-be my M-M-Momma, F-F-Fluttershy!" Lightning cried as he wrapped his arms around her neck.

Fluttershy said nothing as she hugged Lightning with her eyes close and her tears of happiness flowing freely. Everyone else in the room had tears in their eyes as well as they watched Fluttershy and Lightning Twister hold each other.

"Th-Thank you, F-Fluttershy! I p-promise I'll b-be the best s-son in th-the world," Lightning sobbed happily.

Fluttershy shook her head and cried gently, "You already are, sweetheart. I promise you."

Princess Celestia watched the two happily and trotted up to them while holding out the Adoption Papers.

The princess put the papers and a quill on a table and said to Fluttershy, "Here you go, Fluttershy. Just sign this and you will officially be Lightning's new mother."

Fluttershy picked up the quill with her mouth and signed the papers as everyone cheered for Fluttershy and her new son.

Everyone continued to enjoy themselves until the sun went down. Being completely exhausted, everyone said their goodbyes and went home. Fluttershy and Lightning made their way to the door way of Twilight's castle until they were stopped by Twilight who had just put Spike to bed.

Twilight smiled at the two and said, "I'm so happy for both of you. Goodnight and sweet dreams both of you.

Fluttershy nodded at Twilight and Lightning went up to her and hugged her neck.

"Goodnight, Twilight," Lightning said as he looked into Twilight's eyes, “ Thank you for everything.”

Twilight wrapped a foreleg around Lightning and said, "You’re welcome, sweetheart."

After a few minutes, the two broke the hug and said goodbye. Fluttershy put Lightning on her back and flew home. When they got home, they were both tired, but Fluttershy wanted to do one more thing.

Fluttershy took Lightning upstairs and took him off of her back. She then tucked him in and sat down on the bed beside him.

Smiling at her new son, Fluttershy said, "Lightning, I came up with a new lullaby just for you. Would you like me to sing it?"

Lightning nodded as he got out of the covers and laid down on his new mother’s lap. Fluttershy picked up the young colt and cradled him close to her. She very gently brushed a loose hair out his face and she began to gently rock him while softly singing in his ear.

"Sleep my angel, Sleep all the night."

"Dream my baby, dream again."

"Sleep my angel, Sleep all the night."

"Dream my baby, dream again."

"Dreams are free like clouds in the sky."

"Dreams are bright like stars and the sun."

"Dreams are real like a castle in the sand."

"Dreams are real like a castle in the sand."

When she finished singing, Lightning's eyes begin to close as he snuggled his head into Fluttershy's neck.

"Goodnight Momma," Lightning said while letting out a yawn and then falling asleep.

Fluttershy continued to hold Lightning for a few minutes. She very carefully laid down in the bed and placed the covers over both of them. She laid her head onto the pillow and looked at Lightning who snuggled into her neck once more.

"Goodnight my baby boy," Fluttershy said.

The new mother and son fell asleep with smiles on their faces and holding each other in a loving embrace. The two slept like that through the night with Princess Luna's moon bathing them in a warm comforting glow.