• Published 27th Dec 2017
  • 2,405 Views, 103 Comments

Earth-Chan in Equestria - zack black



The world turned filly. Could you imagine how cold and bitter she must be, having been diseased for all those millennia, just for it all to end in a giant fireball of torture.... Thankfully, she's actually quite refreshed

  • ...
23
 103
 2,405

Spring: Little Blue World

What was the point? Each step seemed too familiar now, been there, done that. Why so tedious? Maybe it was all the running that had plagued the day, but that never seemed like enough to leave her this tired. No, there was plenty of different reasons. No rest, endless questions, mistakes, failures, and no one to tell her why. She had simply reacted to every occasion brought to her as if visiting from an outside perspective. As if none of these decisions really mattered. And here she was.

Running was a blessing, but useless in the fact that it didn't answer why anything was happening. Why wasn't anything working? Why was she here running for her life?

No answers, and she was getting increasingly weary as time dragged on.

With all the little critters lost to the path behind, Earth-Chan could finally put all her efforts into weaving through the trees. She tried to be as complicated as possible. She dipped under brush, crawled through brambles, trying her best to put as many obstacles between her and the crowd as possible. The brambles had taken a few more cuts out of her, but it felt worth it having a wall of them behind her. She gained some more confidence as she ran a little longer. Before long, her trot was silent and devoid of any immediate danger. Taking a well needed breath, she slowed to a stop and sat next to a tree, draping herself against it as she took advantage of the few seconds she'd been given to rest.

Looking back she stared at a scene of unfamiliarity. The series of trees and winding paths she'd just traversed looked unrecognizable from such a new angle. Earth-Chan doubted she could actually find her way back at this point. She doubted she'd be welcomed back. She doubted her own survival above all. Her scratches hurt as a few had been cut deep enough by the small critter claws to draw up a fair amount of blood. She took a second to rub at her own forelegs, inspecting her cuts carefully, wincing every time a few clumsy touches stroked her skin the wrong way.

Earth-Chan knew she was in bad shape, but what was the next move? Out here, on her own, trying to escape... She had no one to follow. Her last ditch effort to get away had stranded her with no guide to follow. Nothing to go on, nothing to do next. She could run some more, escape further, but that wasn't a plan. That didn't even deserve to be called an idea. What next?

Her routine was broken. She suddenly realized how dependent she'd been lately. The first step of following had been so detrimental to her routine that without it, or anyone for that matter, everything fell apart. It shouldn't matter, the routine didn't work anyway. It was broken the second it started. Even so, without it she felt lost. A hole had opened up, needing to be quickly replaced least she go mad out here in these Universe forsaken woods.

What were her traits? What emotions could she draw from? Where was her drive?

She was 'curious'. Though that didn't stem far from confusion, which wasn't a very good basis to work from.

She was 'tired'. And that left her with the option of staying still and waiting for the inevitable. Not very ideal, her scratches empathizing her disapproval.

She was 'sad'. All that amounted to was confusion but with a different skin to it. Her sadness couldn't evolve properly. There was no stable ground beneath her sadness, thus she was given no options from the emotion. Nothing to drive her.

She was 'angry'. But, to what extent? Half of the problems surrounding her were clouded in mystery. Where could she direct her ire? Who else was there to blame at the end of the day? The ponies? She had no business getting angry towards them. She'd wronged them. At least, a good few of them. Those who felt important to her in such a small time of bonding she had already betrayed or inconvenienced in some way. No, being mad only lead to being guilty and sad given her recent history. Which meant no options, no drive. Another dead end.

She was 'lost'.

Earth-Chan frowned as her own self assessment looped back to square one. She could think herself into a coma, but that option was too 'tired' oriented. Opting against it, she fell back on running. She fell back on the broken routine. She couldn't think now anyway, she was still trying to get away. Once she got someplace safe... then she'd try thinking again. That was her excuse. It was a good excuse. It helped her ignore her worries. It helped her ignore the lack of a plan. It helped her stay sane just a little while longer.

Pick herself up from the tree, taking a few more deep breaths, the pony began walking onward. Before she could make it even a couple yards though she was halted by a very familiar growl.

Looking at her from the bushes was a growing number of yellow eyes encompassed by the shadows of the bushes and trees. Only the faint outline of wolf like features could be distinguished. It didn't take a genius to decipher the situation. There was a pack in front of her. More growling from both sides corrected her conclusion. There was a pack surrounding her.

Slowly, a cluster of imposing figures emerged from their cover, revealing themselves to their prey, radiating their confidence in a meal well caught. A chill ran down Earth-Chan's spine as a collective howl sprung from the wolves, blasting her with an intimidating wall of sound. They were imposing to say the least, but a certain feature of theirs caught the pony off guard. Every single one of these wolves had the make of branches and bark. They seemed to be compiled completely of wood!

It was a mystical spectacle to be sure. One that left her in awe for a small period of time. Yet, the feeling of wonder was short lived as she realized they'd begun to close in. They were taking slow steps, but each one closed their distance from Earth-Chan. Backing away, she managed to bump back into the tree she'd just rested against, her retreat cut off.

She could fight off a few. She could tap into some of her tingles... but they'd get her eventually. No, inevitably. This was the result. This was the necessity. She had to face it. There had to be a reason she couldn't find her drive. There had to be a reason that things felt so empty, and there was. She knew the reasons. This had been a mistake. She was a mistake. And the world planned to erase her. It was death all over again.

This was it.

She was tired... She was sad... She was mad... She was a mistake.

A couple tears slowly began to mat Earth-Chan's face.

She let out a sniff before her lip trembled into a grimace.

Her look of pain growing as she continued to lament.

Her mind flurried with regret before she let out a finale whimper.

"Just... do it."

The wolves inched closer, some pressing low, ready to pounce.

They were taking so long. It was starting to get agonizing for her to wait, her resolve fluctuating throughout every passing second. She was ready, she wasn't. She needed death, but at the same time it was so scary. It was so unbelievably frightening. The worst part is she knew the darkness that came next. She'd experienced it. She wasn't ready for this, but at the same time, she was long overdue.

"Do it!"

The biggest wolf of the pack, likely the Alpha of the group, took lead. Taking his steps all the more boldly, he approached Earth-Chan with a sense of malice and oddly enough respect. He had an understanding to him that was cold and unyielding. It became apparent that he would have first strike. Maybe even first dibs. Earth-Chan hoped he choked on her bones and died.

He began to prone his stance similar to the others behind him. Things had begun to tick by slowly, moments captured in clips and reeled to about half speed. The Alpha began his pounce, the power in his legs contorting with power, force shifting beneath wolf flesh as muscle strained to gain enough force to leave the ground completely. Pushing off, the wolf practically hovered there, determination etched across his face, jaws slowly widening apart, tongue lolling out. This was the kill.

Earth-Chan waited, her scream silent to her own ears, her own frustration deafening her ears, bring on a sense of muteness to the world around her... Which lasted for longer than she'd expected honestly.

And still. Nothing, not even a crunch of fatality. Nothing but silence. If her eyes had been closed she'd have guessed she was already dead, but instead she continued to stare into the face of a wolf's open mouth full of prickly wooden teeth and fangs. It's looming presence unnaturally suspended mid-air, stuck in its entirety.

The wolf floated endlessly, never committing to its once forward motion as if rebelling against the laws of nature. This was beyond some kind of inner freeze frame. This wasn't the feeling of slow motion, this was a void of all motion. Everything in its entirety, from the wolf in front of her, to the pack surrounding, to even the forest and it's sympathy of life and breezes. All had gone quiet. All had gone still. The world stopped, only proceeding to draw out the inevitable.

"W-Why..."

Earth-Chan couldn't rightfully speak, her mouth had no motion. Her thoughts seemed to resonate instead, carrying a sound that transcended voice. It was her old method of speaking. This was the echo of creation. She was talking like a planet.

"Why is this happening now? Why won't it just end?"

There was nothing to expect. Earth-Chan figured this was a universal act of torture, to punish her for her displacement in this world. She was willing to accept that if only someone could give a definitive answer. But no, no one could possibly answer her. She would experience death for the second time in her cycle eventually.... at this point hopefully.

"H-Hello?"

"Hellllllo!!!!!!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world stopped dead in its tracks, as it should have. Time was essentially frozen, leaving motion and progression to the wayside, instead giving the consciousness of two minds all the time they could need. This was connection done right. Flawless to the point that all negative repercussions had been drastically limited. Meaning longer sentences, meaning deeper topics, ultimately meaning the first substantial contact it had ever had with Earth-Chan. The Universe had made its presence known and with that filled the world with an echo of it's forbidden voice.

"Oh, look at you. Your mane is familiar, but look at all that blue~ I always did appreciate that color of yours. One could say it's my favorite, but... heh, I created color, so I find it hard to commit to that statement."

The pony could not move to speak back, instead, a glow emitted from her body, illuminating brightly and shrouding the fanged wood wolf in front of her in a bath of bright blue light. This light seemingly amplified her echo, giving it emotion and pitch. Something the pony hadn't realized she had lacked up til now. "W-What?"

"No, I agree, claiming the creation of color is a little pretentious. I guess one could argue that I established the possibility of color. Aaaah, but that is of little substance, let us start more formally and work from there! Hello, Earth. It is so good to finally meet you.""

The Universe was elated, trying its best not to babble. This was an important first contact, something referred to as 'Breaking the Ice'. A term coined by those dreadful humans, but appropriate all the same. It was vital that the Universe not blow this. First impressions were hard to change. It should know, it's first impression of her had left a stain on the fabric of it's very existence. Which had been as both wonderful as it had been self-destructive.

"Ahem, excuse me, manners are actually still fairly foreign to me. Let me introduce myself. I am....."

Well, this was inevitable. Self description was a necessity when making contact. Communication demanded some form of identity, yet here it was, lost on the right words to conjure. How embarrassing. Yet, at the same time, this couldn't be more exciting! Both emotions stacked against the Universe here. It had to skip all the self reflection and do the hardest thing of it's entire cycle. It had to choose a gender.

"Uuuum, think of me as... Your... Father! Yes, okay, lets go with that, but drop the obligation that comes with family. I would really rather not feel guilty over all my 'neglect' towards my other children, so let’s keep this 'father' title to the barest minimum that we can. For my stability and everyone else’s."

The pony's aura changed hue, moving down the spectrum until settling on a bright green ray of confusion. It was a delight to bear witness to the cuteness of Earth's echo. Her emotions so easily read for the first time. So tangible and real, it made the Universe flutter. A sense of mellow calmness and giddiness flowed across its entirety, spreading from galaxy to galaxy, encompassing everything in a feel-good vibe.

"F-Father?"

Oh the Universe loved that! He absolutely loved that! The way her echo caressed the word, glorifying it without probably intending to. Her inner voice was angelic, something that felt truly robbed given her new form. She probably couldn't use her echo outside of instances like these... meaning these voices were special between just the two of them. Another wave of flutters.

"I was not sure about it at first, but it has the perfect ring to it when you say it back to me! Yes, I am your father, Earth! I am your creator, your start and finish. The provider of every breath you breathe! But please, if that title is a little long and sudden for you just call me Unity!"

Unity had been a name created on the fly. Something made up in the stroke of the moment, but the more the Universe rolled the name in it's mind the more it seemed to click. He was everything. The first and last presence of consciousness this reality will ever know. It was the perfect name if he said so himself.

He. What an odd pronoun. Something so short yet decisive. Two letters forming an entire presence of identity. He liked the power in those letters. The pronunciation was perfectly sharp and concise. Nothing against She, but something about He stood out. If in fact He ever did grow tiresome he could always just switch to the other pronoun. Nothing stopped him from doing so. He created gender! Well, created the possibility for gender. There was no law he couldn't bend! The fascination of identity put to the side, Unity noticed a new hue change.

Earth-Chan seemed to be transitioning, albeit rather sporadically back and forth, from green to a rising presence of red. There was something universally (Pun intended) bad about that color and gave Unity a sense of worry. Could it have possibly been that Earth wanted a Mother instead? Was Unity not a nice enough name? Where had he messed up?

"You seem bothered, Earth. I sense.... tension."

"You... You...."

"Me."

"...Jerk!!"

"..."

"You disgusting, manipulative, piece of dust, jerk!!!"

Author's Note:

I live! Hahahahaha, I missed this! Aaaaah, good to write again. So, mostly I want to once again thank TotallyNotABrony for his diligent work. I give him a chapter and it's done in practically seconds. It's impressive.

Can't wait for this season 8 of MLP to start. I'm hoping for a lot of inspiration while waiting week to week for my favorite show. Plus the surplus of fanfic material with each season never ceases to amaze. Welp, anyway, enjoy my one and only Meme Masterpiece! Cheers to Earth-Chan! May she be cute, stay cute, and do many cute things!