• Published 26th Dec 2017
  • 2,074 Views, 12 Comments

Out of Time - ultra1437



Late one night, Twilight has finished her latest spell. Nothing could go wrong testing it once to make sure it's stable, right?

  • ...
4
 12
 2,074

4 - Feeling

Just before dusk, Twilight and Celestia slid back into reality.

Spike opened the door just as Celestia pulled away from the kiss. “Did it– Twilight!

He rushed over, jumping against her chest, pulling her into as much a crushing hug as he could.

Immediately a small stampede rushed the office as the rest of her friends filed in.

“Twilight! You’re alright!”

“Wee! Twilight’s back!”

Twilight smiled softly as she was rushed by her friends. Celestia released her and stepped off to the side.

“Are you alright, darling!”

Unable to get a word in, Twilight nodded.

“Um. Are you sure, Twilight?”

Twilight looked over to Celestia and blushed softly. “I am, and I will be.”

She stood and worked her way over to Celestia. She sat in front of Celestia, motioning for Celestia to lean down. She whispered, “Thank you. For saving me, and giving me your heart.” into Celestia’s ear before making her way to Celestia’s lips and kissing her softly.

“Uh. Did we–”

“Did she just… kiss the princess?”

Remembering her friends again, Twilight blushed furiously as she turned around. “I…”

Celestia tried to be diplomatic. “It has been a very taxing day, for all of us. Emotions might be running high…”

“I asked to court her after she saved me.” Twilight turned back to grin at Celestia. “She accepted.”

All sound drowned out as two mares squealed at the top of their lungs. Rarity’s fainting couch made it just in time to rescue herself and Fluttershy.

Dash sulked. “Darn it! Now I owe Rarity 50 bits.”

Twilight rounded on her, “You bet that I loved Celestia?”

“Naw, I bet that you’d be too scared to kiss your special somepony in front of us. Rares bet that you’d have no problem.”

“Oh.” Three seconds went by before it clicked. "Hey!"

Celestia nuzzled Twilight’s mane. “Now now, love. Don’t be mad at them. I wasn’t sure myself if you were interested until an hour ago.”

Twilight’s small blush was adorable.

Celestia’s horn tugged. “I’m afraid I must go set the sun.” She whispered to Twilight, “Do you think you’ll be fine tonight or do you want me to stay?

Twilight nodded her head. “I’d like you to stay. I’m afraid…

Celestia straightened up. “Spike? Take a letter.” The words provoked an automatic response, but they weren’t from the pony that usually said them.

“Luna,

All is well. I will be staying the night here and returning in the morning and all will be explained. Suffice to say, Twilight has learned her lesson on having supervision before casting new spells.

Your sister,
Celestia”

Wrapping up the scroll, Spike sent the message off as Celestia stepped out. Spike settled against Twilight’s side and was drowsing in moments.

Dash asked what they were all thinking. “What happened, Twilight?”

Twilight’s expression fell and her ears pinned back. “I made a mistake.”

Pinkie piped up. “Well doy… but how did it happen in the first place?”

Shaking her head softly Twilight replied, “Space has no air. I had a vocal component in my spell as a trigger. Without air…”

Dash nodded. “No voice. I see the issue. If you can’t say it, you’re stuck.”

Twilight shook her head. “It won’t happen again.”

The moon rose into view from the window quickly and Celestia stepped back in. She softly stepped over and sat down next to Twilight, before wrapping a wing around her marefriend.

A few seconds later, Celestia yawned. “It’s been an exhausting day. I’m ready to turn in.” Twilight leaned into Celestia’s embrace.

Surprisingly Pinkie spoke up first. “Yeah, it’s getting late. Hopefully the Cakes aren’t mad that I took off like that.”

Celestia smirked. “If they are, send them to me. I’ll gladly make it up to them.”

“Alright. Since you’re safe, Twilight, I’ll catch you later.” Dash was up and off out an open window in a blur.

Applejack grabbed Pinkie and set her next to the other two on Rarity’s fainting couch. “Well, we’re all glad you’re safe, Twi. And congratulations you two.” She looked to Celestia. “You treat her right, y’hear? Ah don’t want to have to come threaten to kick your flank cause you hurt mah best friend.”

Celestia nodded, bowing. “If it’s within my power, I would never hurt her knowingly, Applejack.”

“Suppose that’s all Ah can ask. Have a good night, Twilight, Princess.” She slid under the couch and lifted it, carrying it and the three occupants out.

Hopping up to her bed, she reached out and pulled Spike over. He nestled into her embrace. Several seconds later, the bed creaked as a much larger occupant stepped up. Her regalia piled up on the floor, Celestia curled around the pair, wrapping a wing over them as a blanket.

Poking her head under her wing, she nuzzled Twilight. “Goodnight, Twilight. I love you.”

Twilight reached up and pecked Celestia’s neck. “Goodnight, Celestia. I love you, too.”

Both ponies slowly drifted off to sleep with Spike’s soft snores.

Author's Note:

And then the fucked! Nah. As much as that probably happened later, Celly's gotta be exhausted, Twi's tired, and Spike is the best clamjammer in existence. Intentional or not.

Muffled 'Frickin' clamjammer...' in the background.

So. I hope you enjoyed the ride! I don't have anything else planned here, so um... thanks?

Make sure to comment, whether you liked it or not!

Comments ( 3 )

Thank you for sharing your story. I liked the set up and the resolution to the magical mishapp.

However, in a piece this length, I recommend focusing on either the magical danger or the romance. Celestia saving Twilight from dying seems to be the energy driving the story forward. I think that should be the focus.

Thanks again for sharing!

That was sweet, but in the way that fun-size packs of candy are sweet. It moved too fast to get connected to anything. No real worry for Twilight, no daww at the romance, no chance to get a sense of urgency goin.
Ah, well, still a fun little ride.

Well definitely an interesting story.

Login or register to comment