• Published 25th Dec 2017
  • 1,414 Views, 15 Comments

Mt Canter, Clear and Crystal - BlackWater



Time for a Christmas vacation with the Shimmers. That means heading off to snow-laden nature and getting into mischief.

  • ...
2
 15
 1,414

2 - Water

So now that the kids are out of the way...” Sunset began to suggest.

Twilight settled down into the hot spring next to her wife. The snowfall was lazily drifting down from the invisible heights above, though none landed in the warm water. A decorative canopy enveloped the natural mini spring – so much so that it was more of a round enclosure with a third of one side open to the downward slope of the mountain.

The glasses-wearing woman intentionally ignored her wife’s words in order to tease her. “The brochures really weren’t kidding. The view is incredible even when shoulder deep,” she lowered herself and blew a bubble into the already bubbling water to emphasize it. Her glasses had been getting fogged but they were completely opaque at this point. She decided to put them on Sunset’s small personal care bag she had placed not far from the spring’s rocky lip.

Sunset returned the other woman’s relaxing sigh with a knowing grin.

“You can see the forest for miles. It’s like we’re on eagle’s wings,” Twilight breathed out her words, gently resting her chin on a smooth stone.

A rogue breeze swept a few snowflakes in as far as the spring’s edge. Most of them simply melted into droplets of water upon touching the rocks and stones heated by the natural geothermal power. But one of them rocked back and forth in the air until it finally touched down on Twilight’s outstretched finger. The warmth of it – both of herself and the heated water it was just in – made the flake melt just as fast.

Twilight smiled at it. One day it would be a snowflake again. The water would join other water and re-enter the endless cycle of precipitation. Thinking of it brought her back to her earliest days of science, which warmed her heart at least as well as the comforting pool she was immersed in. The feeling of something strange distracted her, however. It felt like her bikini top was loosening…

SPLASH!

A small spray of water was made when Twilight swiftly turned around to halt her assailant. But it was too late. The tie had been slipped and the attacker knew just which way to pull to get the front to come away from her chest.

“Sunset Shimmer,” Twilight grumbled out her full name as the other woman swam back to avoid retribution. “What in the-?”

“I got your top!” Sunset waved it around above her head in triumph, a stupid dopey grin on her face. “I got your top!”

“Come back here this instant!” Twilight complained, though her voice came out weak. Wading through the water proved difficult while trying to cover her breasts with one arm and hardly being able to see in the first place without her glasses.

“Ahhhh,” Sunset sighed happily as she rested on the other edge of the small spring, safely ten feet away. She nuzzled the stolen piece of fabric. “I feel like a teenager again.”

Even through the steam and poor eyesight, Twilight could make out enough of what her wife was doing. “Perv,” Twilight deadpanned. “Give that back or I’ll give you a pounding.”

“Ho ho ho,” Sunset mocked merrily. “Wouldn’t that be a switch. Normally you are the one that enjoys getting pounded.”

“Ok. Now I know you’ve opened the wine bottle early. We were supposed to save it for tonight.”

“I didn’t get into the wine. I’m just getting into the mood. This is a Christmas vacation after all,” she reminded with a tut-tut. It was amusing to watch Twilight try to reach her with all of her lack of coordination. “That’s like the queen of all vacations!”

“I missed the part where I’m supposed to be topless,” Twilight resumed her deadpan.

Sunset shrugged. “Devil’s in the details. Besides, did I ever mention how hot you are?” she whistled to emphasize the point.

“Showing you is one thing. I don’t intend to give the other resort guests a free view.”

“We got the private spot,” Sunset defended and then had to move around the edge to avoid getting grabbed. “Nobody else is going to be here and the outside view faces away from the paths. The manager that talked to me even said skinny dipping was fine in this one. Live it up a little.”

Twilight was close enough to know Sunset was actively avoiding her. She followed her around the edge of the warm pool. Occasionally, one of the overhead lights would give her some added clarity since the natural light was weak due to thick cloud cover. “When you take everything off, maybe I’ll believe you.”

Sunset finally stopped their slow circular chase around the pool. She flipped her wife’s bikini top next to her glasses since they had come full circle. Twilight dove for it but grabbed it without any contest from Sunset. Clutching the fabric to her chest and then replacing her now-not-so-foggy glasses to her face, she looked over in time to…

...get smacked in the face by an entirely different bikini top. It was her own colors. They each wore a swimsuit with colors that matched their spouse, which meant this one was Sunny’s. But rather than see Sunset standing there when she took the fabric off her face, Twilight only saw Sunset’s head above the water and the woman’s legs stretched out above the surface too.

The redhead pulled a second piece of fabric down her above-surface legs, off her feet, and then tossed it the same way as her top. Theoretically without apparel of any kind now, but still hidden by the steam and shifting surface of water. At least, this time, Twilight caught the thong rather than let it smack her in the face.

With a groan, Twilight put the two pieces of Sunset’s suit and the top of her own where her glasses had sat. Sitting back down into the water helped relax her even as a still-grabby Sunset drifted to her spouse’s side. She didn’t object when Sunset snacked an arm around her.

“I, uh, still think you’ve got something on down there,” the redhead insisted.

“I doubt even you could get those off without me noticing,” Twilight rested against her. She finally gave in and decided to go along. She’d be lying if she said it wasn’t giving her nostalgia for their youth.

“They’re side-tie so don’t write me off just yet,” Sunset beamed in pride.

“There’s no chance Lighty or Middy will be coming here, right?”

“Not while we’re here,” Sunset assured, her hand lowering on Twilight’s side.

“What are we doing after this?”

“Hitting the restroom probab-”

“I mean besides the mundane necessities of life,” Twilight giggled.

“One vote for pretending we’re horny teenagers again,” Sunset’s dopey grin returned. Though it may have been questionable if it had ever left.

“I thought that’s what you were already doing,” Twilight looked back at her with raised brows.

“Well, I’m waiting for you to get on board,” Sunset stuck her tongue out.

Twilight took her shot and kissed her wife, locking tongues while hers was out. Sunset returned the familiar embrace, warming her heart now as well. Though it was eventually Sunset who broke it, Twilight was the one to comment.

“Let’s not get too carried away,” Twilight winked. “We should save the serious stuff for when we’re not overheating in a hot spring.”

“Serious stuff? I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Sunset chuckled and began kissing Twilight’s neck and shoulder.

The scientist turned in Sunset’s hold to rest again against the side so she could enjoy the view. Though Sunset’s attention continued for a moment, she did join her as well. They rested their heads together and watched the snowfall. Slowly and gently it waved in the air, falling with a fine grace the same way it did when they arrived.

Twilight couldn’t be more relaxed, her wife beside her and her body at ease in the comforting water. If the forecast was accurate then the clouds would be gone by nightfall and the starscape would be breathtaking. She knew Lighty would be making wonderful memories with Midnight Sky. All she needed to do was enjoy herself. With her wife beside her and apparently full of high spirits, she doubted that it would be a difficult task.

The holiday was tomorrow but she decided to say it early. “Merry Christmas, Sunny.”

Sunset smiled, remembering the Christmas all those years ago that she had proposed to this beautiful woman beside her. “Merry Christmas, Twily,” she answered in return.

The sound of water...the tranquility of the forest broken only by distant sounds from the rest of the resort...

Before they left, Sunset did manage to obtain the remainder of Twilight’s bikini.