• Published 6th Mar 2018
  • 10,018 Views, 87 Comments

1001 Cuddly Nights - CategoricalGrant



Princess Luna comes to cuddle and snuggle with you whenever you have trouble sleeping. These are stories of the nights you spend with her.

  • ...
9
 87
 10,018

Night 108: Confession

You lay warm and snug in your bed, with Luna snuggled up beside you. Her head lies on your chest, her mane gently brushing across your chest as it moves in an otherworldly fashion. Smiling, you move a hand up to rub gently between her ears. Her soft mane runs between your fingers like water as her ears flick downward to make room.

Sighing blissfully, Princess Luna rubs her cheek rather hard across your chest and tightens her grip on your torso.

“I’m really glad we met, Luna,” you tell her softly, concerned that even normal volume could ruin the moment.

Luna makes a short, high, and quiet groan and squeezes you again. “I am too,” she mumbles softly into your shirt.

“Talking and cuddling with you keeps me looking forward to tomorrow,” you continue honestly. “It’s made my life so much happier.”

“Mine too,” she hums, wiggling upward to nestle her muzzle against your neck. She exhales softly, warming your neck and sending a tickling sensation down your spine. “I can’t help but smile when it’s time to come over for the day.”

“I haven’t had trouble sleeping in a long time. I’m so lucky you stumbled upon me by accident.”

You can feel Luna’s eyelashes brush across your neck as her eyes open suddenly. She fidgets slightly against you and loosens her grip.

“...Are you alright, Your Most Cuddly Highness?”

“Y-yes,” she replies, her voice catching a little bit. “A-all is well.”

“It doesn’t sound like it,” you respond, frowning in concern. “Are you in an uncomfortable position?”

“N-no, I’m fine!” she asserts brusquely, accentuating her statement with an irritable huff.

“Alright.”

A few moments later you feel a strange sensation against the side of your chest. Angling your neck slightly, you see Luna trembling.

She takes in a sharp breath and begins quietly sobbing into your chest.

Feeling heartbroken, you launch into action, running a hand gently up and down her back. “Shhh...shhh...It’s okay, Luna. I’m here.”

That turns on the waterworks, and Luna rolls on top of you, obscuring her face entirely in your shirt as she begins to audibly cry. Holding her tightly, you continue to rub her back gently.

She looks up after more than a minute, her mascara and eyeshadow leaving colored trails down her face. “I-I...I’m a bad pony!”

Wrapping your arms tightly around her, you sit her up on your lap facing you. “Luna, look at me.”

Slowly, her bloodshot eyes flicker up to look into yours.

“You are not a bad pony. You’re a great friend, a very good pony, and a pretty princess, too.”

Luna bites her lip. “I-I have something I need to tell you, b-b-but you’re going to hate me when I do.”

“There’s just about nothing you could say that would make me hate you,” you answer earnestly.

Luna bows her head again, tears dripping down onto your lap. “I...lied to you.”

“Lied about what?” you cajole, still rubbing her back gently.

“I...I didn’t find you by accident. I looked for you.”

“Oh?” you ask, your interest suddenly piqued. “What do you mean?”

She looks back up into your eyes. “This wasn’t an accident. I just couldn’t spend my nights alone anymore and...I used magic to find a cuddle buddy that was lonely and had a hard time sleeping. The trail led me to your world, and you. I-I’m so sorry.”

“You’re sorry that you were lonely and wanted a cuddle buddy? And that you told just a little fib because you weren’t sure I’d be okay with it?”

Luna purses her lips and stares at you curiously. “You’re not mad?”

“I’m thrilled!” you tell her, a beaming smile taking over your face. “You always wanted to be besties and cuddle pals with me! Me! It wasn't an accident!”

Luna smiles too. “I’m sorry for lying.”

“You were forgiven long before you even confessed,” you inform her, using your thumbs to gently wipe the tears and the mascara from under her eyes. “Tell me though, cuddling here doesn’t actually help you recharge your magic, does it?”

“No,” Luna giggles. “It was actually a rather silly bit of reasoning. I can’t believe you didn’t see through it.”

“I don’t know anything about magic,” you offer as a defense.

“Still,” she retorts, booping you on your nose.

“Does this mean that you can spend every night here snuggling? Y’know, since you don’t have to pretend it’s just to help me sleep, and all?”

Princess Luna’s eyes light up. “Yes! I’ll move some of my stuff here tomorrow!”

“Awesome! Now, what do you say that we charge up your magic with some cuddles, hmm?”

A clear conscience giving her new freedom, Luna tackles you into the bed, laughing as she wraps her hooves around you.