• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 2,403 Views, 144 Comments

From Far Beyond - Jade Dawn



A human teen robbed of his home and species. A world of magic and friendship facing an unseen foe. And an experiment that could put the whole Universe in danger.

  • ...
15
 144
 2,403

Prologue

From Far Beyond

A “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” Fanfiction

Written by Jade Dawn

“My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” is owned by Hasbro. I own none of the characters except the ones I have created for this story.


Equestria, 1,008 A.N.M. (After Nightmare Moon)
2018 A.D., according to Earth's Gregorian Calendar.

The Storm King and his army have fallen.

All over the land of Equestria, the joyous news rings loud and clear. A hundred cities and towns, paralyzed with terror by the stories of the Princesses' capture and Canterlot's enslavement, now spring forth to offer aid and relief to the great capital city.

And for celebration as well. For Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship, along with her faithful companions, the Elements of Harmony, have once again saved their homeland–and to a greater extend, the entire world–from being overrun by the forces of darkness.

But even in this time of recovery and jubilation, there is still fear and doubt. Fizzlepop Berrytwist, once known as Tempest Shadow, the Storm King's most terrifying enforcer, has been given a chance for redemption. Twilight has seen her hurt and remorse, and, taking her in as a new apprentice, seeks to give Fizzlepop the chance to full return to pony society. Unfortunately, not every pony is quite so forgiving, and the once wayward mare has a long and difficult journey ahead of her.

Now, however, something new–and dangerous– is stirring. As Twilight and her new protégé are summoned to Manehattan on an urgent appeal, neither is aware of the implications of what they will find, nor that it is the beginning of something much more strange and incredible than anything any pony has ever encountered before...

Author's Note:

Hello, folks!

For those of you who are just starting to read this, welcome! I hope I've piqued your interest, and that you'll read what else I have to offer. And leave comments. Seriously, I really like it when people leave comments.

For those of you who have read this before, this is the revised prologue that I decided to come up with just on a whim. As you are all now doubt aware, in the original version, some extra-dimensional force was watching the characters and planning some kind of intervention. Well, let me explain that. In the original draft of the story, there was a much bigger Christian theme to the whole thing. The creatures in the original prologue would be heavily implied to be angels.

But after a lot of thought, I decided to cut out that angle entirely. Not only would it turn some people off right away, but I also felt it bogged down the story too much.

So there. See you around for the next chapter, and have a great rest of the day/night/whenever you're reading this.

P.S. Before you ask, no, I am not trying to copy the Star Wars title crawls. I just got sick of seeing this abandoned prologue sitting here whenever I worked on the story, and I wanted to refit it a little bit.