• Published 15th Mar 2018
  • 2,887 Views, 28 Comments

Kamen Rider Build - The Deal of Faust - BioniclesaurKing4t2



Sento finds himself in Ponyville, where a mysterious villain named Faust steals his arsenal. He must now "build up" new forms by defeating new Smash. Are You Ready? (Kamen Rider Build crossover.)

  • ...
2
 28
 2,887

Stormy Story

Kamen Rider Build, the briiiilliant physicist Sento Kiryu, has found himself in a world filled with magical talking ponies with no memory of how he got here. Despite having all of his original Bottles stolen by the mysterious villain Faust, he’s managed to use his genius intellect to devise a way to purify new Bottles without needing Misora’s power.

Hey, you weren’t the only one who contributed to that idea.

Starlight? You can join the opening narration, too?

Apparently so.

Well, Build’s got a new Best Match under his belt, and it’s awesome! Sugoi ne! So, what will happen in Chapter 3?


The Next Day

“Where are you?” Lightning Dust muttered to herself as she stalked the streets of Ponyville.

“What are you doing here?” Rainbow Dash had said yesterday.

“I’ve got a score to settle with you,” Lightning said.

“You sure? ’Cause things seem pretty settled on my end.”

“You think that something like that just goes away?” Lightning snapped.

Rainbow tilted her head. “You’re acting as if I did something. Are you sure we’re remembering the same event?”

“Now you listen here, Rainbow—”

A scream followed by the sound of a commotion came from a nearby street, Rainbow jumping into the air. “I’ve heard all I’m listening for,” she said, zipping away towards the action. Lightning glared after her.

Lightning kicked the ground. “We’re not finished yet,” she said.

As she continued her search, however, she didn’t notice the trail of steam drifting from a nearby alley. Leaning against the shadowed wall, Faust looked out at her.

Lightning Dust stopped, having felt for a while someone watching her but not making a move. She didn’t like sneaky ponies. “Alright, what are you after?” she said to the general area. A layer of steam drifted across the ground from behind.

“How far must I reach to complete it?” pondered a distorted female voice. Lightning Dust turned to the voice and jumped at what she saw, quickly planting her hooves forcefully to hide her surprise. “I’m lucky I even know about you,” Faust continued. “Nopony else would fit but Firefly, and I need her for something else.”

“I don’t know who you are or what you’re talking about,” Lightning Dust said sternly, crouching with wings flared, “but I’m afraid I won’t be a part of it.”

Faust simply stared at Lightning Dust. “I don’t recall addressing you.”
Devil Steam

Faust raised the Steam Blade with a glowing ball of blue smoke on the barrel built into the blade. Lightning Dust shot forward at her, and she swung the blade, throwing the smoke ball. Lightning Dust leaned to swerve around it, but it corkscrewed sideways and let the surprised pegasus run right into it.

Lightning Dust dropped from the air as the smoke snaked around and covered her, her body flashing a sickly blue-green while pouring out a cloud of white steam as she tried suppressing cries of pain. Behind the cloud, her shape twisted, growing and morphing before the cloud burst away, revealing a hulking bipedal figure. Mechanical plated legs, a swollen and bumpy body lacking an obvious head and covered in overlapping whitish metal plates resembling a cloud, jagged yellow lightning bolt spikes sticking out along the sides of its arms, and a small amber-colored crystal centered about where a face would be: the Electric Smash.

“Let’s hope this one lasts a bit longer,” Faust said as the new Smash began to stumble threateningly around in a rough circle.

Above the next house over, Rainbow Dash had been preparing to confront Lightning Dust again, but had been caught off guard by Faust’s sudden appearance. But no longer.

Faust looked up to see a rainbow streak flying at her. She snapped her fingers, and the Electric Smash threw its arms out, sending a wave of electricity to knock the streak aside, Rainbow catching herself and shaking off the hit.

“Speak of the devil,” Faust said.

“You must really want to be defeated if you keep showing up so often,” Rainbow said.

“Be patient,” Faust replied. “I’ll be ready for you in a minute.”

Rainbow jumped back as the Electric Smash swung at her. She tried darting around it, but it swung back around and sent an electrical burst, Rainbow zipping back.

Faust casually watched as Rainbow tried evading and fighting Electric, pulling the Steam Blade’s handle and blade apart with a click.

Rainbow shot in and kicked Electric back a step, zipping away again as electricity jumped between its lightning bolt arm spines.
Rifle Mode

After clicking the Blade halves onto the Transteam Gun, Faust flipped up a red switch on the side of the newly formed Steam Rifle and slid a red bar back underneath it. “Two birds at once,” she mused. “It must be my lucky day.” She took out an Unpurified Bottle with a blue cap and hot pink contents, giving it a shake and twisting the cap open before plugging it into the Steam Rifle.
Loading

Electric shot a beam of electricity up at Rainbow, but she spiraled around it, so it moved the beam in circles trying to catch up to her.

The Bottle’s contents glowed and were sucked up into the weapon, the Bottle deflating and its black spider web pattern disappearing, leaving it as a clear Empty Bottle. Faust removed it and replaced it with an indigo Bottle with a light blue cap, the image of a rocket briefly appearing.
Full Bottle

“I’m surprised you aren’t trying your signature loop,” she called, “…Firefly.”

In the middle of pulling back for another pass, Rainbow Dash stopped in midair to look at Faust. “Who’s Firefly?”

“You’ll remember soon,” Faust replied. She gave the red gear three quarter-turns with the sound of a pressure valve releasing and raised the Steam Rifle at Rainbow.
Devil Steam Attack

“Yike—,” Rainbow let out, bolting away as a light orange energy rocket fired from the Rifle at her, leaving a steam trail. She turned left to avoid it, but the rocket arced after her. Letting it close in, she gave a burst of speed and looped around it, but it spun and came straight back at her. She quickly ducked under it, the rocket looping again to follow. That was close.

Rainbow tried flying low along the ground, spiraling up in a cone before zipping straight down from the apex and shooting away, but the rocket traced her path exactly, slowly catching up.

There’s no losing this thing! Rainbow though as she looked back at it, but as a crackling sound brought her attention forward again, she ran right through a net of electricity projected by Electric’s bolt spines. Shocked to the core, she tumbled to the ground, rolling to a stop. She tried telling her muscles to get her airborne again, but they weren’t listening, and the rocket came around and hit her in the side.

A sickly blue liquidy smoke covered her as a cloud of white steam poured out, her body morphing into a slim Smash down on its knee. The smoke burst away, revealing a figure with smooth-paneled gray legs and a hot pink upper body with blue plates bearing long backward-sweeping shark fin spikes spaced along its arms and on its shoulders; its skinny blue head had a similar spike pointing backwards on top of it and a small magenta crystal in its face. The Blitz Smash’s appearance was blurry to the eye, its entire body constantly jumping a half-inch in every direction and back again every split second.

“Back to basics,” Faust said, walking over to Blitz as it looked up at her.

* * *

Sento, Twilight, Starlight, and Spike were sitting around the Map and staring silently at Build’s gear symbol floating over Ponyville. Despite the events of yesterday, it was still there. They’d been like this for a good few minutes.

“So, if it wasn’t telling me about the Smash,” Sento spoke up, “what does it want me to do?”

“The Map only calls us for friendship problems, not battles,” Starlight replied, “we already found that out with Stygian. There must be a friendship problem it thinks only you can solve.”

“Alright then,” Sento said, “but what?”

Twilight slowly shook her head. “If I had a bag of bits every time we asked that question ourselves…”

“Maybe you should be going out and looking for it, then?” Trixie said from the side of the room. While everyone else had been puzzling over the Map, she’d been relaxing over there and eating cinnamon nuts.

“Hate to say it, but she’s right,” Spike said.

“Of course I—what?”

“Well, even if it didn’t call me,” Twilight said, sitting up, “as the Princess of Friendship, I’d probably be the best match with Sento for searching to the—I mean—whaddid I say?” Her eyes darted around.

“Don’t you think Starlight would be the better partner?” Trixie taunted. “From what I hear, she’s already been way more useful.”

“Really, I was just the one who was available,” Starlight waved off.

“I would’ve been if I could’ve been!” Twilight called back.

“Oh?” said Trixie. “Is science horse a bit jealous at being second fiddle?”

Twilight grumbled more than silently in response. Starlight almost didn’t try hiding an amused snort.

“Of course!” Sento said, suddenly jumping to his feet. “I get it now.”

“Y-you do?” Twilight pipped nervously.

“To solve this problem,” he said, starting to pace, “I’m going to need to choose my best partner to achieve the winning formula.”

“The choice should be clear…,” Trixie fed him.

“As clear as ever!” he declared, taking a pose and pointing to the sky.

An unsure Starlight looked over as a hopeful Twilight looked on.


“Not really what I was going for,” Trixie muttered.

“You can’t question the winning formula,” Sento teased.

On Sento’s decision, he, Trixie, Twilight, Starlight, and Spike were all taking to the street to search Ponyville for the friendship problem together. Twilight and Starlight were currently bringing up the rear.

“Right, yes—this,” Twilight stuttered, “exactly…what…what you—I, meant.”

Rule Number 12,” Starlight whispered to her with a smirk.

“Shut up,” she said flatly.

After about twenty further seconds of silent walking, a sense of boredom began to overtake Trixie. She glanced around for anything at all to be happening. “When I said you should be out and looking for the problem,” she spoke up, “I was under the impression you had a more reliable way of finding it.”

“Nope, this is it,” said Twilight.

“So we really just walk around and wait to run into it?” Sento asked.

“Basically,” Twilight said, coming up to the front of the group. “We could start by checking a few of the more populous areas of Ponyville like Town Hall or Sugarcube Corner to better facilitate meeting the most potential friendship problem ponies in the least amount of—”

An arc of electricity hit in front of them and blasted up a spray of dirt and sand, everyone ducking back. As the group looked though the clearing cloud, they saw the Electric Smash stomping down the street and shooting off lightning bolts in random directions from the bolt spines on its arms, the townsponies fleeing as they do.

Or we could just run right into another Smash,” Twilight huffed.

As Trixie screamed and ran for cover, Sento was already shaking his pair of Bottles. Electric turned and swatted at the flowery equations floating past it, knocking characters and symbols out of them. Sento stuck the Bottles in his Driver and turned the crank.
Unicorn
Magic
Best Match!
Are You Ready?

The tubes structures formed and generated his armor, Sento pumping out his left arm. “Henshin!” he shouted. The tube frames slid in.
Mythical Spellbinder! MagiCorn! Yeyyy.

A magic wand sculpted onto his dust blue left arm and a pale purple spiral helix curve reaching back from his right wrist. As the tubes retracted and steam poured out, Sento traced a finger up the magic wand eye cover and flicked with a call of, “The new laws of victory have been set!”

Twilight stepped up beside him, horn glowing. “I’ll help out better this time.”

Electric swung its arm, sending an electrical spray at the ground at their feet. They flinched, and Twilight’s magic blipped out.

“Are you sure you’re up for this?” Spike called from back up the street from where he and Starlight were directing ponies away safely. Twilight snorted.

Sento raised the Drill Crusher and went to charge, stopping himself half a step in. “Whoa, whoa, whoa,” he said aloud, catching the weapon with his other hand. “Electricity, remember? Don’t give it a lightning rod.” Then he gave it another look and thought. “Hmm, actually…”

He flipped the Crusher around in his grip and threw it like a spear, its tip driving into the ground off to the side near the Smash.

“What are you doing that for?” Twilight asked.

Sento waved at the Smash. “Hey, nice splatter pattern,” he taunted. “I bet you can’t even aim.”

Electric stopped and turned its full attention to him. It charged up an arc of lightning across its arm spines and shot a bolt at Sento, but it was immediately drawn off course. Electric looked to see the electricity stream curving aside and channeling through the Crusher and harmlessly into the ground. It looked back to see Sento right in front of it and punching with his right arm; the hit projected a spinning drill construct that sent it skidding back, cutting off the bolt.

Oh, that was genius,” Twilight whispered excitedly.

Sento grabbed up the Drill Crusher and moved the Magic Bottle into its slot.
Ready, Go!

“Now,” he said, a blue aura appearing around the drill, “let’s see what this baby can do.”

Wow, thought Twilight, he’s actually going to use free-form magic. What genius new ways of using it will he come up with?

Sento swung the Crusher towards Electric, shooting a blue magic beam. Electric dove aside, the beam instead hitting a produce cart behind it. Instead of taking damage, the cart simply rose up off the ground, and it kept going up. And up. A pony ran out and shouted up after it, “My cabbages!”

“Um, sorry,” Sento called.

It’s okay, Twilight thought, eye twitching. No one can be a genius all the time.

So, no more of that,” Sento said, moving the Magic Bottle back to his Driver.

Electric was suddenly in front of him, and he pulled up the Crusher to intercept a punch, but it was knocked away in a burst of electricity. Sento tried to block a further barrage of punches, each zapping him back a step, finally channeling both of his powers and getting a spiral drill projection and magic shield between him and the Smash. He swung his arms out to X-slice Electric back in a spray of sparks, but as he went to attack, something blurred past and hit him. A second later, it zipped back and hit him repeatedly from all sides in rapid succession before disappearing again. Sento tried turning where he thought it had gone, but it raced back up and pelted him with lightning-fast punches, raining sparks everywhere, and then rammed him over, vanishing again.

“Sento!” Twilight called. Flat on the ground, Sento saw a trail of dust kicking up from the ground on a beeline.

“To you!” he called back, Twilight barely having time to look and bring up a magic dome around her, which the blur of a figure deflected off of.

Sento rolled up to his knee, seeing a pink streak now tracing around him in a large circle. With a twist of his wrist, he rose a magic dome around himself, the streak immediately shooting in, but bouncing off of it. It continued circling, ramming the barrier every few feet and sending shockwaves across it. Against this new foe, Sento could only manage one thought: I think this is the first time I’ve faced more than one Smash in the same adventure. Hey, maybe I could get another Best Match out of this!

The second Smash gave up circling and instead began ramming into one point on the dome, still too fast to see clearly. As he saw the dome begin to waver, Sento jumped up and expanded it suddenly to force the Smash back, knocking it off its rhythm, the dome fading out. As it regained its balance, Sento finally got a look at the Blitz Smash, or at least its shape and colors. Thought it was standing still, he still couldn’t focus on its exact form behind the constant motion blur. This should prove an interesting one.

Sento pointed and shot a beam from the wand on his arm, but without flinching Blitz jolted several feet to the side and the beam missed. “Hey,” Sento said, shooting again, but it jolted aside the other way. “Hold still!” He sent a scattered rapidfire, but Blitz dodged all of them with this faster-than-eye “relocation” like an impossible game of whack-a-mole.

As he was shooting another beam, his eye caught a motion and he turned to see Electric charging him. Remembering he was using magic, he solidified the current beam into an energy rope and swung it over to snake around the Smash. Now unoccupied, Blitz prepared to rush in, but because it had wasted time preparing instead of acting, Twilight grabbed it in a magic hold, freezing it save for its vibration, and lifted it off the ground so it couldn’t run. As this was happening, the rest of the Mane 6 had been arriving to the scene of the commotion.

“Not another one,” Rarity said.

“Y’all got things contained around here?” Applejack asked over to Starlight and Spike.

Electric flexed and its amber face crystal and bolt spines glowed, letting it slice out of the magic rope, but as it raced at Sento, he ducked a slash and punched with Unicorn’s glowing drill spiral.

“Yeah, I’d say so,” Starlight said.

As Electric stumbled back with a trail of smoke coming from its side, Sento cranked his Driver’s lever.
Ready, Go!

He pulled back then thrust his arms forward and together, their armaments glowing. From the wand’s star end, the tip of a spinning conical spiral projected out, the spiral continuing to draw itself in the air around the wand before shooting forward and drilling into Electric’s arms raised in defense, then tilted up.
Vortech Finish!

Looking up the helix, Electric saw equations sitting along its curves as they spun by: x=a \cos(\theta) drifted across on a curve, then y=a \sin(\theta) came by on the next curve, then z=a\theta \tan(\alpha) on the next, then Sento jumped up and kicked down into the spiral.
Yay!

As Sento’s Unicorn foot passed through the spiral, it undrew at the same pace, the last of it vanishing in a white flash as the kick hit, Electric bursting with a green flame explosion. Standing over the downed Smash, Sento generated the Tuning Staff and loaded the Unicorn Bottle into the end of the handle.
Ready, Go!

He leveled the staff at Electric and hit the first trigger, an energy beam shooting from the staff’s spinning prongs and connecting to it, before hitting the second trigger, the prongs spinning the opposite way and pulling the Smash essence off. As it absorbed down the coiled tube along the staff, Sento triumphantly announced, “The future is now, thanks to science and magic!”

Yes,” Twilight silently cheered, having been watching Sento fight instead of doing anything else to Blitz. Ignored, its magenta face crystal began glowing intensely.

The four sideline ponies gathered in to see Electric’s host begin to stir. They didn’t recognize her at first, but then they remembered.

“Lightning Dust?” said Pinkie.

“Why is she here?” Applejack asked.

After thinking something over, Starlight dashed to Lightning Dust, pushing through the crowd. “Eyes, eyes,” she ordered, lifting up Lightning’s head by the chin to look.

“Huh?” Lightning moaned as Starlight’s face came into focus. She quickly slapped away the hoof. “Who the hay are you?”

“I knew it,” Starlight said, turning away. First the Drill Smash had had a purple crystal near it’s ‘face’, and Twilight’s eyes were purple, then Trick had a pale purple crystal, just like Trixie’s eyes, and now Electric’s crystal was amber, as were Lightning Dust’s eyes. And if that pattern continued, “Then that would mean…”

A burst of steam poured from the center of the Tuning Staff, and Sento bent it open at the middle, reached for the Bottle inside, waited a few seconds for it to cool down like he’d learned last time, and finally pulled out a new light gray Bottle featuring the image of a cloud with a lightning bolt below it, twisting its cap closed.

“This would be…Thunderstorm?” he speculated.

“Oh no!” Twilight called, bringing all attention to her. Blitz’s constant vibration had cranked up and shaken it free of Twilight’s magic grip, and as soon as it landed it sped past Sento, knocking him over. Sento removed the Magic Bottle from his Driver and retrieved Unicorn from the staff, jumping back to his feet and tossing the staff aside.

“Now,” he said, holding up the two Bottles, “time for the experiment.” He shook and inserted them, turning the Driver’s crank.
Unicorn
Cloud
Are You Ready?

“Build Up!” he shouted. Light gray armor flew in from the left and replaced Magic’s with a flash, a short horn tune playing. His right leg, left arm and lower left side of his chest, and upper right side of his face were now in nonreflective light gray strip plates. His right foot had a lightning bolt pattern printed on top, a long silver contraption with a dish on the end was mounted on his left arm, and his right eye cover was a cloud with a lightning bolt sticking out to the upper right.

Blitz zipped around him, darting in and out, Sento swatting with Unicorn’s cone spiral to knock it back. Trying to quickly find Cloud’s power, he examined the new armament: an antenna dish mounted on the end of what appeared to be a silver radar tower attached flat along his forearm. As Blitz backed out for another charge, Sento pointed the dish at it.

The radar tower extended as its inner layers telescoped out, the dish twisting and beeping, the ball-tipped rod inside sparking before a dark stormcloud began condensing in front of it. Blitz shot at Sento, but upon racing into the cloud, it was jerked to a stop in a burst of electricity.

“Ah-ha!” Sento shouted, reaching for the Driver’s crank. “Got you now!”
Steam Attack

The cloud was suddenly pulled off to the left, Sento watching it disappear into the tip of the Steam Rifle surrounded by the turquoise projection of a vacuum cleaner. Standing on the sidelines, Faust looked between Blitz and Sento.

“Firefly is too essential,” she said before Sento could speak. “I can’t let you interfere with her just yet.”

She removed the turquoise Soujiki Bottle and replaced it with the yellow Light, giving the red gear a half-turn.
Full Bottle
Eleki Steam Attack

The Rifle shot twined yellow and light blue electricity at Sento, zapping him and sparking across his armor, but as he raised his left arm on reflex, the antenna dish glowed, and all of the electricity channeled harmlessly into it. He prepared to attack again, but saw that Faust and Blitz had vanished. With a sigh, he pulled out the Bottles, his armor glowing and splitting off of him.

From somewhere else along the street, Trixie peeked up from where she was hiding. “Is it safe to come out yet?”

Sento returned to the others, Twilight grumbling to herself.

“Firefly?” Spike repeated. “I only know that name from history. Who did she mean by that?”

“I think I know,” Starlight said with a sigh, everypony looking over. “I’ve noticed a few patterns with how the Smash turn out based on who they are. I’ll explain later, but think about this. Who’s fast, has magenta eyes…and is the only one not here right now?”


To be continued…

Comments ( 14 )

Welp. It would appear Faust is delusional about the Mane 6 being either reincarnations of her friends or her friends actual selves.

Operative word above: appear.

Oh my god. It's Megan.

“ Rule Number 12 ,” Starlight whispered to her with a smirk.

Never date a co-worker.

9204192
Someone actually got a one-word reference. I'm impressed.

9430396

encasing him in the armor

I chose to use that word for the exact thing your comment quoted on the off chance someone realized it, hence a "one-word reference".

Would this story continue? Pretty interesting story right here with it being a crossover with a Kamen Rider shw.
Wonder if there is something in store for Spike in the future? Especially with how there's Cross-Z Dragon in the show.
Same with Luna and Celestia here, wonder whats in store for them? Especially Luna.

8799118
If I may ask, is there anything planned for Spike there?

10950460
Sadly not much, I have to admit, though there is a bit of a reason why.

11004081
So Spike is kind of going to get short end of the stick hard then.?

11004081
So Spike is going to end up as a Smash for most of the story and essentially shafted?

Was hoping something was in store Spike here instead of him getting left out or screwed like that..

Login or register to comment