• Published 1st Jun 2018
  • 3,888 Views, 132 Comments

The Legends of Magic: Enter the Dragons - Phantom-Dragon



Spyro, together with Spike and the ponies, joined forces to rebuild a team of heroes and fight evil.

  • ...
5
 132
 3,888

Welcome To Ponyville Part 1 - A Friendship Retreat

The next day, Spyro, Spike, Sparx, and Twilight Sparkle were all on a train bound for Ponyville.

Both Spike and Sparx were sitting by a window, watching the pleasant scenery passing before their eyes, "Puff-puff-puff-puff! Pop-pop-pop! Chuff-chuff-chuff! Wheesh!!" Sparx sang, imitating the train's noise. "Whoo-whoo!"

"Aren't you a little too old to be doing that?" Spike asked the dragonfly.

"Eh, you only get to live once, kid. Gotta live it."

"Well, too bad your train noises aren't fooling anyone," Spike grinned as he pulled out a large block of wood, with some holes drilled near an end. "Try beating this!" With that, Spike blew into the block, which produced a near-like reproduction of the train's whistle.

"Chu-chuuu!" Sparx whooped, as he and Spike continued to make train noises for their own amusement.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the train's caboose, Twilight giggled to herself, watching the boys' antics, "Spike and Sparx sure looked as if they're having a good time."

"Yippee for them," Spyro grumbled. "But I still can't believe the nerve of that Chancellor Neighsay! And after what we did to actually help!"

"Don't let him get to you, Spyro," Twilight began, trying to comfort the older dragon. "He's just a little paranoid."

"A little?" Spyro scoffed. "Maybe too much is more like it. I mean, what did we do wrong? We saved the city, didn't we?"

"It's true, you did," Twilight answered, while gesturing to herself, Spyro, Spike, and Sparx. "We all did. But...." Twilight began, while scratching the back of her head uneasily. "There's still the case of the bits being looted from some ponies’ storages. That and a lot jewelries have been ransacked and reported missing during the chaos."

"But it wasn't me!" Spyro countered. "Or Spike! We never took anything! And we had nothing to do with that attack! Besides, we found where those goons have stashed the stolen goods and we’ve returned them, didn’t we? That should be proof enough that we’re innocent."

"I believed you, Spyro," Twilight replied. "And so did mom and dad, Shining Armor, and even the princesses. We know you're not like that. Unfortunately, some ponies like Neighsay still believed you and Spike were behind it all, and that you were simply trying to cover your trail," Shaking his head in frustration, Spyro slumped back into his seat, while staring emotionlessly outside of the window, "Besides, don't think of it like we're being exiled, or anything. Think of it as a retreat, until the heat's off."

Spyro rolled his eyes, "I guess."

Just then, Sparx buzzed over to the older dragon, joining in on the conversation, "She's right, y'know," Sparx buzzed. "Besides, Ponyville's a whole lot friendlier than Canterlot. Pinkie Pie's party, the Apple family's hospitality, and best of all, Fluttershy's hospitality....um, actually now that I said it out loud, both Fluttershy and Applejack are hospitable, but still. Ponyville's a nicer place."

"Even for us dragons?" Spyro asked the dragonfly.

"Eh, you're the only dragon Ponyville's ever had as a visitor," Sparx replied. “And it ain’t just dragons. It’s a quaint little town for all kinds of sentient creatures! From the grumpiest of donkeys to a huge sea serpent!”

"What are you two talking about?" Twilight asked.

From Twilight's point-of-view, Sparx's response was a series of buzzing, "Bzzz-bzzz-bzzz-bzzzz-bzzz-bzzz!"

"He's just talking about how welcoming Ponyville is," Spyro translated, before Sparx buzzed again. "And he says you'll like the Golden Oak Library there, too."

"The Golden Oak Library?" Twilight beamed excitedly.


After an hour has passed, the train eventually came to a stop at the station in Ponyville, where everyone all disembarked from the coaches and onto the platforms.

"Ah, home sweet home!" Sparx said in content, as he buzzed his wings, twirling himself in mid-air. "It's been many moons, I have forgotten the smell of this place! Oh and the fresh air this place brings. Rainbow Dash must've really outdone herself this time."

Twilight soon came bouncing out of the train, excitedly squealing, "So where's the library?" Twilight asked with a wide smile on her face. "Where? Where? Where? WHERE?!!"

"Hold your horses there!" Sparx buzzed, earning strange looks from Spyro and Spike. "Well I'm waiting."

In response, Spyro and Sparx both grabbed ahold of Twilight, struggling to hold her in place, "Whoa, Twilight! Whoa!" Spike grunted. "Calm down!"

Snapping herself back to reality, Twilight complied as she composed herself, "Sorry boys," She chuckled. "Sometimes, I get a little carried away."

"Carried away?" A hyper voice shouted, together with an explosion of confetti. "And every pony called me Pinkie Pie! Oh wait, I am Pinkie Pie!" The pony giggled.

"BWAH!!" The four yelped in surprise, before they looked up to see a familiar pink mare, bouncing in place.

"Howdy-do there, Spyro, Spike, Sparx, and Twilight Sparkle!" Pinkie giggled and snorted. "See what I did there? I made a funny! It's like Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and -D'oh, forget it. It's not funny if I try to explain it."

"Pinkie Pie! What did I say about proper welcome?!" A stern voice berated, before it reveals itself to be a marshmallow white unicorn mare, with an elegant, dark purple mane and tail. "I hope she didn't scare you too much, darlings. Please, forgive Pinkie Pie. She doesn't know a thing or two about manners."

"Nope! I sure don't!" Pinkie grinned.

In appearance, both Rarity and Pinkie Pie have grown up from the fillies they were before into the mares they are now.

"Oh, it's nothing, really," Twilight replied, while dusting herself, along with the rest of the boys.

"Oh, hello again, dear Twilight!" Rarity smiled, walking up to the lavender unicorn. "So wonderful to see you again! Oh, and you as well, Spyro!"

"Likewise," Twilight returned the greeting.

"Hi Rarity, hi Pinkie Pie! Long time no see!" Sparx buzzed, which neither of the mares could understand. That is, until another familiar mare joined them.

"Hi Sparx!" Fluttershy greeted, before she took notice of Spyro and Twilight.

"Hello there!" Twilight paused for a moment, before she said, "Fluttershy, right?"

"Mmm-hmm," Fluttershy nodded in confirmation, before she turned to Spyro. "Uh, hello there, Spyro," She greeted nervously.

"Hey," Spyro returned the greeting.

Fluttershy's gaze then trailed downward, before she spotted Spike, standing in between Spyro and Twilight. Her eyes widened with excitement, "Oh my!" She gasped. "Spike?! Is that you?" She smiled. "Aw, you've gotten so big! Oh, you're even cuter than you were as a hatchling!"

Spike couldn't help but blush from the attention he was receiving from Fluttershy, "Hehe, thank you," He chuckled, before turning his attention to Rarity and was instantly bedazzled by the unicorn's beauty. "Whoa...."

"Oh, lovely to see you again, darling!" Rarity smiled, which only made Spike's heart beat even harder and faster. "I haven't seen you since you were just a hatchling! And I must concur with Fluttershy. You're absolutely precious!"

'She called me precious!' Spike thought happily, before he opened his mouth up to speak, only to talk in gibberish.

"Huh?" Rarity asked. "I'm terribly sorry darling, but I didn't catch that. What was it again?"

Spike tried to speak again, but he failed to put two simple words together. Luckily, Sparx came to his rescue, "Uh oh! Mayday! Mayday!" He buzzed, flashing his whole body a light of red. "Spyro! Do something!"

"What should I do?" Spyro asked.

"What should you do?" Pinkie asked.

"Uh...." Spyro was at a loss for words, before Sparx buzzed something in his ear. "Uh, I was going to ask.....what brings you girls here?"

"We're here to welcome you of course!" Pinkie beamed, while bouncing up and down. "We heard you four were coming. And who are we to not welcome you all with a bit of Ponyville hospitality? Am I right? Or am I right?"

"Well, after what we've been through, we could definitely go for another one of your hospitality," Spyro replied.

"Oh yes, of course," Rarity nodded. "After that fight you've had with those ruffians, you all deserved a well-earned rest."

"You know about our fight in Canterlot?" Twilight asked.

"Who doesn’t? It was all over the Equestria Daily," With that, Rarity conjured a huge article of newspaper, holding up the front page, which reads:

Chaos In Canterlot

Believed to be the work of dark forces, the city of Canterlot was under siege by an army of soldiers, consisting of baboons and rhynocs. The city would’ve been destroyed, had it not been for the bravery of Twilight Sparkle, and two dragons by the name Spyro and Spike.

“Hey! What about me?!” Sparx buzzed.

“Ooh yeah,” Spike grinned, looking at himself on the cover. “They certainly captured my good side.”

“Wow! You guys are heroes!” Pinkie bounced excitedly. “How silly of me! I should’ve thrown you all a Welcome to Ponyville Heroes Party!”

“Great,” Spyro rolled his eyes. “Now we’re getting a heroes recognition.”

“Aw, looks like some dragon’s been sleeping on the wrong side of the bed~” Pinkie singsong.

“Oh, it’s not that, Pinkie,” Twilight answered on Spyro’s behalf.


Later, the friends were all at a sweet shop called Sugarcube Corner, sharing cups of milkshakes together.

"I can't believe that Neighsay!" Rarity exclaimed, appalled after what she, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy were told of the aftermath.

“I know, right?” Spyro agreed. “The nerve of that guy! We were fighting for our lives, if not, every pony else. And then he had the gall to accuse us for staging the whole attack, just to steal all those gems and bits!”

“Yeah!” Spike joined in, while biting on a large ruby. “So what if we dragons eat gems? We’d never do anything THAT crazy to get some gems to snack on! Would we?”

“If you’re innocent, then where did you get THAT RUBY IN YOUR CLAWS?!!” Pinkie pointed accusingly.

“What?! Now I’m a suspect?!” Spike asked.

“I gave him that ruby!” Twilight interjected on Spike’s behalf. “That ruby was from me! Spike didn’t-“

Much to everybody’s surprise, Pinkie burst out laughing, “Oh shucks, Twilight!” Pinkie giggled. “I was just playing the drama. That’s all!”

“Well it’s not funny,” Spike grumbled.

“Anyway,” Spyro began, getting back on topic. “We’re just here to wait out until repairs are done in Canterlot. And to wait until the heat’s off,” He muttered at the last part.

“That and Princess Celestia and Princess Luna had sent us to overlook preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration,” Twilight added.

“Well then what are we waiting for?!” Pinkie beamed happily, as she bounced out of her seat, and pulled out a boom box from her mane, then reached her hoof out and pulled in a white unicorn mare with cyan mane, and dark purple shades. “Hit it, DJ!”

With that, the DJ unicorn started up a song.

“Just whistle while you work~” Pinkie sang and whistled. “And-“

*Disc scratch*

“What are you doing?” Spyro asked, stopping the music, while looking at Pinkie Pie strangely.

“What? I’m singing! It’s a lot of fun!” Pinkie chirped.

“So you spontaneously break out into songs for fun?”

“Oh don’t be such a sour grape,” Pinkie instantly burst out laughing. “Get it?! Because you’re purple, and you’re grumpy?” Pinkie snorted, with Spike, Sparx, Twilight, and the rest of the girls joined in the laugh.

“She got you there, brother!” Spike laughed.

“Ho ho, very funny,” Spyro replied sarcastically. “Ha ha, it is to laugh.”

“Oh come on, just sing!” Pinkie chirped. “Or as Ellen would say. Just keep singing. Just keep singing. Just keep singing, singing, singing~” When Spyro refused to budge, Pinkie decided, “Okay. Looks like we’ve got a lot of work to turn that frown upside down.”

With that, Pinkie turned to the DJ, who nodded, and started up the next song.

Smile - Pinkie Pie

Throughout the song, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, And Fluttershy all danced along, while Spyro, Spike, Sparx, and Twilight watched in skepticism.

Eventually, Spike started to join in the dance, with Twilight and Sparx following.

“Come on and smile!!” Pinkie ended the song, look at Spyro.

“Cute, catchy,” He complimented, before he got up and took his leave. “Didn’t work.”

“Aw man!” Pinkie pouted.

“Well I think it was fun!” Spike complimented.

“Ditto!” Sparx buzzed.

“Anyway, can we get down to business?” Twilight asked, producing a long to-do list. “We’ve got some work to do.”

“Oh lighten up, Twilight,” Sparx replied. “The day’s still young. What’s the worst thing that could happen?”


Elsewhere

“G-G-General? Sir? I-I-I have bad news.” The baboon reported. “We lost the loot!” An unsettling hissing was heard, with loud cracks of electricity. “B-B-But I can explain, sir. We were attacked! There were two dragons there! The ponies must’ve already forged an alliance with our enemies. It wasn’t my fault!”

“Enough!!” The dark figure hissed.

“I promise, General!” The baboon whimpered. “I won’t fail you again!”

“I know,” The figure hissed. “You won’t fail me again. EVER!!!”

With a clap of thunder, the sound of the baboon’s screech of terror echoed, as it was the last thing anyone’s ever heard of him.

Author's Note:

Based on Ember’s reaction to singing in the first episode of Season 8, I’m assuming dragons aren’t too big on singing. Especially when someone just spontaneously bursts out into song.