• Published 1st Jun 2018
  • 3,877 Views, 132 Comments

The Legends of Magic: Enter the Dragons - Phantom-Dragon



Spyro, together with Spike and the ponies, joined forces to rebuild a team of heroes and fight evil.

  • ...
5
 132
 3,877

Welcome

With the loss of, not only his fire power, but also his home, his teachers, the families he once knew, Spyro was driven to wander across the realms, carrying the egg on his shoulders as his only companion. With a broken wing, the young dragon and his soon-to-hatch brother can only go so far.

They've crossed over forbidding mountains, braved the dangers of fiery fields, and persisted through barren deserts, overcoming obstacles that would drive a creature mad. Even fighting against a horde of thieves who would dare stand between young Spyro and the egg.

Eventually, they've arrived in Equestria, a land of ponies.


"WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" The shriek of a female pierced the air, followed by a splash of water, where huge waterfalls were poured from the mountains, into a huge lake at the bottom, where two pony mares were playing, together with a golden dragonfly.

"BZZZ BZZZ BZZZ BZZZZ BZZZZ!!" The dragonfly buzzed, angrily avoiding a splash from the pink pony.

"Oh, c'mon, Sparky!" The pink giggled. "Lighten' up! Get it? Lighten' up? Because you're a glowing dragonfly?" With that, the pink pony splashed around in the water, laughing her heart out, while the dragonfly shot her a deadpan look.

The pink pony turned her attention to a yellow buttercup pegasus mare, who was feeding some bread crumbs to some fishes in the water, "Hey Fluttershy!" The pink pony called out to the pegasus. "Come join us! The water's great!"

"Oh, no thank you," The buttercup pegasus, now identified as Fluttershy, gently declined, as she resumed feeding the fishes.

"Eh, your loss," Pinkie went back to swimming and splashing in the waters, when she noticed their golden dragonfly friend was zipping over to a spot, flying circles above a bundle of purple and gold. "Hey Fluttershy! I think Sparx's found something! It could be a hurt animal!"

"Oh dear!" Fluttershy exclaimed, before she quickly flapped her wings, following the dragonfly, named Sparx, to investigate his finding. "Oh my. I hope the poor thing's okay," Getting down on her front hooves, Fluttershy took a closer look at the creature, noting its scaly hides, finding only a few bruises along its spines, but not too serious. The creature's bent left wing was what concerned her the most. How long has it been that way?

Fluttershy looked to see the other wing looked fine, which the creature used to cover its face, "Hello?" The pink pony asked, lifting its wing up, much to Fluttershy's fright. "Anybody still in there?"

"PINKIE!! DON'T!!" Fluttershy screamed, tackling the pink pony off the creature, before she frantically scrambled to her hooves. "It's a DRAGON!!" With another look of fright, Fluttershy galloped away, before she doubled back when she realized her friend, Pinkie, wasn't with her. "Pinkie! Come on! We got to get outta here before it wakes up!"

"Hey Fluttershy, c'mon," Pinkie replied, acting like it's no big deal. "He's just a little dragon," She said, before she cooed, "Look at him. He's so cute and all alone. And, what's this?" Pinkie gasped, lifting the little dragon's tail to reveal he was carrying an egg with him. "He's got an egg!!"

"An egg?" Fluttershy asked, sounding intrigued in place of her initial fright. "You mean, there's a baby dragon?"

Pinkie Pie gasped, "Then, does that mean, he is actually a she? A mom?!!"

Sparx simply smacked himself in the face, not amused with Pinkie Pie, "Um, I don't think so," Fluttershy replied. "This dragon looks a bit too young to be a mom....let alone a parent," Sparx nodded his head in agreement, before he buzzed. "Oh? Really?" She asked, as if she understood what the dragonfly was saying. "Oh, the poor thing.....WHAT?!!"

"What is it? What's he saying?" Pinkie asked.

"Sparx said that his dragonfly friends told him, whose firefly friends told him, that this poor dragon got himself hurt during a fight, and both him and the egg have been on the run for a long time now," Fluttershy translated.

"Well, then what are we waiting for?" Pinkie asked, while bouncing up and down. "Let's take them back to town with us!"

Fluttershy instantly went pale at the idea.....well, paler, "Oh my....Celestia, no!" Fluttershy denied.

"Why not?"

"Because he's a dragon!"

"So?"

"So dragons are big, scary, and fire breathing! Oh, I scare myself!"

"But he's so small."

"But he'll grow up to be big, scary, and fire breathing."

"He's got a broken wing."

"I can live with that," Fluttershy snapped her eyes open. "Um, actually, now that I say it out loud, that's rather....um, coldhearted. Especially to a dragon."

"And he's carrying a baby with him."

"Oh, I wouldn't want anything awful to happen to the baby, can I?" As an answer, Pinkie and Sparx both shook their heads. "Oh, dragons or not. Somepony's got to help them."

"So can we keep 'em?" Pinkie bounced.

"Bzz bzz?" Sparx asked.

"Maybe for a day or two," Fluttershy answered, while gently picking the young dragon up, carrying him on her back, while Pinkie got the egg. "At least, until they're ready that is."

"Duly noted," Pinkie beamed, before the two ponies galloped away.


Groggy at first, Spyro slowly opened his eyes to a vision that was blurry, until after a few blinks, it became clear and he looked around to see he was inside a quaint little cottage. He looked down to see his left wing was wrapped in a sling, and most of his bruises were patched up with small bandages.

"Where.....where am I?" Spyro asked, before he noticed something more important. "Where...where's my egg?" He frantically asked. "Eggy? You here?"

"Hey!" A voice chirped, in which Pinkie Pie bounced her way into the room and greeted the little dragon. "How are ya? Sleep well?"

"Where is my egg?" Spyro asked.

"You mean little Spikey-Wikey?" Pinkie chirped. "He's fine. Fluttershy's taking good care of him!"

"What?" Spyro asked, slightly confused on the pink pony giving his egg a name. He didn't have time to ponder when Fluttershy entered the room.

"Oh my! Awake already?" Fluttershy asked, while carrying the egg in a basket.

Spyro's eyes narrowed on the egg in the pegasus's basket clutch, "HEY!! GIVE HIM BACK!!" Spyro roared.

"YIPE!!" Fluttershy screamed, as she took off running, carrying the egg in her basket, and an angry dragon chasing after her.

"GIVE HIM BACK!!" Spyro demanded.

"Are we playing tag?" Pinkie asked. "Yippeee!!"

With that, Pinkie chased after Spyro, who chased after Fluttershy and the egg, all the while Sparx was just sitting back, watching the show, with a white rabbit.

Outside of the cottage, some mares were passing by, when they overheard the commotions, coming from inside the cottage.

"What the hay is going ON?!" A country pony exclaimed, when she looked to see Fluttershy, holding an egg close, while hiding behind a huge grizzly bear, who was holding his arms out protectively, while snarling aggressively at a small purple dragon, roughly about their size, who was snarling in return.

"Oh, hi gals!" Pinkie greeted casually.


Meanwhile

The once mighty structures of the Dragon Temple all crumbled to pieces, as time has done its worse. Even with the fires put out, their scorches remained, as well as the burnt stench that continues to stain the air, even to this day.

The temple remains as it is. In ruins, and abandoned. Or so it would seem.

"Little dragon," A feminine voice spoke, followed by a crackle of energies from a pair of piercing blue eyes. "How far can you run?" With a wicked laugh, a bolt of lightning pierced the sky, followed by a roar of thunder.