• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,050 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Atterrissage de Plage

"Is everypony okay?" Drag Net asked slowly getting back to his hooves. There were several grunts and a low moan from Turkeylegs. "Is that everypony?"

"I think Escutcheon's a little dazed." Story Teller tapped his face trying to snap the colt out of it.

"Oww. Wat hap?" Escutcheon asked his voice slurred.

"What happened to him?" Trail Life stooped down, and lifted him on her back.

"Well judging by the dent in the hull I'd say his horn got slammed into the wood." Full Mast answered. "Do you think he'll be okay?"

"None of us are going to be okay if he's not." Drag Net grabbed a rope, and tossed it to Story Teller. "Get the colt tied down. We can't stay here those blasted harpies will be on us in a matter of minutes."

"Right. Once we get somewhere safe I'm sure we can fix him up, or at least get him a potion."

"Just don't let the ride get to bumpy, I'm almost certain the colt's got a concussion." Story Teller secured Escutcheon to his sister's back. "How are we suppose to get off of this ship?"

"We're going to have to go through the ship." Drag Net grabbed an axe.

"Uh, don't we need this ship to get back home?"

"Once the harpies are dealt with me and my boys will be able to make this boat ship worthy again with in a day or two, but if we don't move now we won't have to worry about it because we won't survive."

"He's not wrong, we'll have to cross that bridge when we get there." There was a bang against the port bow.

"We breakout on three everypony get ready to run hard once we get into the jungle those blasted beast won't be able to harass us from the skies anymore." Everyone nodded. "One. Two. Three." With one strong swing Drag Net broke through the starboard hull. His sons charged the hole breaking it open for the others to get out. They through a volley of harpoons at the harpies that were diving down on them, as Story Teller, Trail Life, Drag Net, and Turkeylegs jumped down to the beach.

"Come on." Full Mast lead the charge for the tree line. He stopped at the edge of the jungle and jabbed with a second harpoon into the sky. His brothers did likewise providing cover for the group as the ran straight into the jungle. Only a few of the harpies gave pursuit.

"Damn those wretched beasts!" Drag Net swore as they galloped around trees and through the thick vegetation of the island jungle.

"What's wrong?!"

"Those monsters are destroying our ship," Anchor answered "I only hope that it gives us enough of a head start. While most of them are distracted."

"Gives us enough of a head start to where?" Story Teller jumped over one of the beast not stopping his gallop he used it's head as a spring board, and kicked off adding a few extra meters to his jump and splattering the harpy's skull.

"To the mountain. I'd bet my boat that there are caves there we should be some what safe there." Drag Net despite his age out ran the others and steered their blind charge toward the mountain in the middle of the island.

PreviousChapters Next