• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,044 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,044

PreviousChapters Next
Les Pêcheurs

Escutcheon sat at the tavern next to Sea Billows who was catching up with Trail Blazer. Trail Life sat on the opposite side of him between her future husband Carrot Plot and Story Teller. Turkeylegs was taking a nap at the end of the table. He enjoyed the company of the five older ponies, the spirit of the group was light and cheerful.

"Escutcheon you must be a little hot in that cloak, you can take it off here." Trail Life said looking away from her fiance to the colt. "With the cloak on I didn't even recognize you on the beach."

"It's okay, I'd rather wear the cloak." Escutcheon answered the thought of being naked mortifying him, and causing him to blush.

"Are you okay, kid?" Trail Life asked. "You didn't get badly hurt with that last one did you?"

"N-no I just don't, don't want to be naked. I really really need cloths."

"You weren't wearing anything when we met." Escutcheon's face went beet red, as he hid his face in his hooves. "Hey come on Escutcheon what's wrong?"

"Let the colt alone, Trail Life," Trail Blazer said. "He's been through a lot of stuff since we saw him last." The tone of his voice was final.

"Right. Sorry kid." Trial Life's voice became soft and motherly. She patted him on his shoulder. "Sorry you had to go through whatever you went through."

"It's fine." Escutcheon nodded. "When are the fishers going to get here?" He looked around his shoulder at the tavern door at the other end of the tavern.

"They should be here any-" Story Teller trailed off as four large gruff ponies came into the tavern. "Well speak of Sirens and they will come." Story Teller waved the four ponies over.

"Escutcheon, keep your wits about you okay." Trail Life whispered to him as the four ponies. One of them was older than the other three. He was muted blue with a peppered mane and beard. The others were just as large as him they were all variants of ocean green with black manes, and all well built. All of their cutie marks were nautical related.

"Story Teller you spun one heck of a yarn." The oldest stallion's voice boomed as he walked up to the table. "I see that not all of it was puddle fishing. So here's the unicorn's pet, where's this unicorn that you know?"

"Right here." He motioned to Escutcheon. "Drag Net this is Escutcheon." The four fisher ponies boomed with laughter.

"This wee little colt, and here I thought you had finally told a story that wasn't a tall tale. I don't even think he's old enough to have his mark yet." Drag Net half poked half punched Escutcheon in the chest. Turkeylegs glared at the stallion. "And look the colt's playing dress up, pretending to be a magician, are ya?" Drag Net started trying to pull his cloak off.

Escutcheon panicked, and grabbed the stallion in his golden aura lifting him to the ceiling and dropping him back down. Drag Net landed on the other three collapsing them to the floor. Before anypony could react he vanished and with a flash of golden light reappeared on the other side of the tavern. He low and horn glowing. To his surprise though, Drag Net and the other three stallions were laughing.

"Well I suppose age ain't everything now is it wee colt, I'll give you that one." He trotted over as though nothing had happened and patted Escutcheon on the head. "I'll give you that one. Now come along you lot ships in the harbor, and those vile harpies ain't going to leave the Island without a good fight." He grabbed Escutcheon and with one hoof tossed him into the air the tip of his head tapping the ceiling before falling back down onto the stallion's back. Turkeylegs let out a low warning call. Which the fisher ponies ignored.

"Take it easy." Trail Life said as she and her brother followed the bird and the fishers to their boat down on the ocean.

PreviousChapters Next