• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,048 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,048

PreviousChapters Next
Emploi

Escutcheon woke up with a yawn. The upstairs room where he had spent the night was a large one room section with eight different beds. All but three of the beds were empty. Escutcheon looked out the window that faced the ocean. The sun was just coming up from behind him, and sky above the ocean was cast into the gentle hues of morning. He gave the west a weak smile. A small part of him dying inside. Even so he knew he was done. It was time to go home, back to his special somepony, back to Dusk Song.

"It's a beautiful view isn't it?" Sea Billows sat up in his bed looking out at the ocean. "When the tied me to the posts to break me this was what I thought about. It was the only thing that kept me from snapping and begging for the first two days. Apparently it wasn't enough." Sea Billows sighed. "Thank you Escutcheon. Thank you."

"Sure." Escutcheon nodded. Not looking away from the west.

"You're not going home are you?"

"No, I am. It's just it's a new home, and I don't know if Mother and Father will forgive me for this."

"I'm sure that they'd understand." So this little filly that you're going to she must be something. Are you sure though that she's your special somepony?" Escutcheon nodded. "Well then I'm sure that they could understand."

"Yeah. I'm going to go walk along the coast. I need to clear my head." He slides out of his bed, and head out. Though the house was on a hill over looking the coast, there was a small stairway down the shore. He headed down the steps the morning sea breeze blowing through his golden mane. He took a deep breath from the smell of salt coming in one the sea breeze. He sat down on the edge of the water and added a few drops of salt water to the vast ocean in front of him.

"Hey is that you Escutcheon?" Escutcheon's ears perked up. He looked to his his right and smiled as three ponies came up from along the beach. "It is hey how are you doing?"

"Hey Story Teller, Trail Life!" Escutcheon waved at the two of them, as he headed along the beach to meet up with them. "Hey whose this guy?" He asked as soon as they meet up.

"This is the carrot pony I was telling you about." Escutcheon looked at the stallion he, did kind of look like a carrot. His coat was orange and his tail and mane were both a grass green. His cutie mark was a golden carrot.

"So this is the pony that your sister has a crush on."

"I would hope so otherwise when she said yesh she was just messing with a poor stallions heart." He leaned in and nuzzled her. Trail Life blushed and nuzzled him back.

"We were finally able to get enough coin together to buy a large plot near Marine, and after the marriage we'll be heading to our new home." She kissed her fiance on the cheek. "Me and Carrot Plot will start up a new home, and I'll be able to run our carrots as far as the Capitol."

"Only so long as I get to spend every other, six months with you."

"Say when we were at High Tide some foals showed up. Apparently they had gone missing about a year ago. They said a unicorn that looked a lot like you helped them out. Sounds like you did it." Escutcheon's smile faded away, but he nodded.
"Dang colt that's freaking amazing. Say I've heard about a job that some of the fisher ponies need doing." Escutcheon's ears perked up.

"What's wrong."

"So it's been a bit of a dry year for a lot of communities along the coast." Trail Life explains. "So they've had to sail further out to get the fish needed."

"Right so one of the main outer spots has become a haunt for harpies. The fisher ponies can't even approach the island without being attacked, and the other islands are to far to much of the fish would spoil on their return trip."

"Okay, I suppose I could use a few coins to help Nebula and Dusk."

"You're not heading west?"

"No I'm going back to my special somepony." He said solemnly, "I'll work on a spell to get me back to Mother and Father, but I'm not giving up my new home to go back to my old one." Carrot Plot and Trail Life gave him a knowing nod.

"Fair enough. I'm sure if you could help them they'd pay you a good amount. Come on I'll introduce you to the fisher ponies. I'm sure you 'll be able to help them. If what the colts from High Tide said was true harpies should be nothing for a pony like you. Sis I'll meet up with you at the Tavern." Trail Life nodded and Story Teller lead Escutcheon toward the market, and one last distraction before he would head back home.

PreviousChapters Next