• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,044 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,044

PreviousChapters Next
Hameau au Bord de la Mer

The small hamlet was made up of fifteen small homes that were in a semicircle around the perimeter of the town. Outside of the perimeter was a decent sized carrot farm, in the middle was a small market, and along the coast were several fishing boats. The two of them slowly made their way down to the half ring of houses.

"Wow this place has gotten a lot larger since I was foalnapped." Sea Billows said looking around, at all the homes. "I-I don't know about this." He looked at the home on the left most part of the half ring of houses. "I don't even know if they're still alive, or still here, or if they'd even take me back. I mean I've changed a lot since then it's been half a century."

"Come on Sea Billows of course they would take you back I mean they're your parents." The elderly stallion gulped, but nodded. Escutcheon didn't look him in the eyes, how could he; he was about to quit his attempts to get back to Mother and Father. "Come on Sea Billows let's go see them." The two of them headed for the house. They moved slowly almost like they were walking on eggshells.

They arrived at the house after only a few minutes. The two of them stood dumb at the front door. "I'm-I'm not sure about this anymore. I-I don't know."

"Sea it's fine. I'll help, but I don't think I'll need to. Just knock." Sea Billows gulped once more before doing what Escutcheon told him.

Knock-knock-knock. The two of them waited outside of the house for a few seconds before an elderly voice answered from inside the home. "Come in." Sea Billows froze.

"Well go on. It's okay I'll be right behind you." Escutcheon encouraged. Sea Billows nodded, and slowly opened the door. The inside of the house was small. There were two floors. the walls were made of wood with cobblestone supports. In the corner of the first floor there was a cast iron furnace two very old ponies were by the fire.

"Hello youngsters can we help you?" The stallion asks. The mare tilted her head as though she was trying to recognize someone she had met in a dream.

"Uh. I-I" Sea Billows says at a loss of words. "It's me. I-I'm back."

"Hm, do we know you?" The stallion asks studying the two of them.

"It's-It's him?" The old mare said with a gasp. "It's him." She got up. "It's my baby." She started crying, as she wrapped Sea Billows in an embrace. "It's my Sea Billows."

"Mommy." Was all Sea could say before falling apart into tears. At that moment he wasn't a sixty two year old stallion, he was the twelve year old colt, that finally found his way back home to his mother and father.

"Son?" Sea Billows' father stumbled over to him. "How we thought?"

"I was foalnapped he saved me brought me home." Sea Billows explained through his tears. Before Escutcheon knew what happened he was pulled into a hug by the Sea Billows' father.

"Thank you, oh thank you. Bless you colt you're the answer to all our prayers." Sea Billows' mother cried into the embrace. The hug lasted for several minutes. The three older ponies crying, even Escutcheon had teared up. After the hug ended they all went to a couch and sat down. Sea Billow's started explaining what had happened, and after his parents convinced Escutcheon to stay with them for the night, Escutcheon left for the market. Already he was really hungry for food, and with the boats in the harbor he was really hoping for fish.

PreviousChapters Next